PDA

View Full Version : Battier gives props to Manu on Dan Patrick

Jimcs50
04-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Dan Patrick asked Shane how hard it is to guard Manu Ginobili and Shane said that Manu is in top 5-7 in league in difficulty to guard.

He goes on to say that he expects his team to have a chance to win series, which is all you can ask for in NBA.

Fpoonsie
04-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Compelling stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

ManuBalboa
04-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Battier was meant to be a Spur the same way Dice was.

Jimcs50
04-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Compelling stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

Fuck you. If you are not interested in what I hear, then don't fucking look at my threads. You're are real asswipe, you know that. Dickheads like you are the reason why I took a 3 year sabbatical from this site.

:rolleyes

Jimcs50
04-21-2011, 11:12 AM

Always admired his game and his bball IQ. Yes, he is the prototypical Spur player. Pop probably has tried to acquire him at some point over the years.

Fpoonsie
04-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Dickheads like you are the reason why I took a 3 year sabbatical from this site.

And boring, all-too-easily butthurt posters like you are why I'm considering the same...

ducks
04-21-2011, 11:19 AM
so who is in his top 7

Old School 44
04-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Always admired his game and his bball IQ. Yes, he is the prototypical Spur player. Pop probably has tried to acquire him at some point over the years.

+1

I wouldn't be surprised if one day he plays for the Spurs. Hopefully, it won't be when he's pushing 40.

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Shane Battier seems to be admired by almost everyone who has met him.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-21-2011, 12:08 PM

I'd like to see Grant Hill someday wear a Spurs jersey as well but he seems content in Phoenix.

SenorSpur
04-21-2011, 12:10 PM
I'd like to see Grant Hill someday wear a Spurs jersey as well but he seems content in Phoenix.

Perhaps 5 years ago. Grant Hill is 38 years old. While he's probably going to play another year or two, or as long as he feels his body will allow it, you can bet that it will be in a Suns uniform. He loves the organization and the team and the feeling is definitely mutual.

it's me
04-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Fuck those grandpas........ we need brand new, blood hungry talents, not these oldies.

igruex
04-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Definitely, Battier is Spurs' material.

It amazes me how clearly we know that certain players fit into our system and others just don't. I feel kind of proud of it and it's probably one of the main reasons of the success we had over the last 10 years, Duncan, Pop and RC being the others.

Solid D
04-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Dan Patrick asked Shane how hard it is to guard Manu Ginobili and Shane said that Manu is in top 5-7 in league in difficulty to guard.

He goes on to say that he expects his team to have a chance to win series, which is all you can ask for in NBA.

Thanks for mentioning this, Jim. I didn't hear the interview. I remember hearing Dan Patrick interview OJ Mayo one time and OJ said that Manu was the toughest man he has had to guard. Patrick was surprised. He thought OJ would say someone like Kobe or Melo.

I would think Ray Allen in Boston would be a tough guard. Not just because he can stick that jumper in your eye but because the screens they run guys through. Wave after wave of good, hard screens just to earn the privilege of sticking your hand up on Ray Ray as he's smoothly releasing his shot.

igruex
04-21-2011, 12:43 PM
I would think Ray Allen in Boston would be a tough guard. Not just because he can stick that jumper in your eye but because the screens they run guys through. Wave after wave of good, hard screens just to earn the privilege of sticking your hand up on Ray Ray as he's smoothly releasing his shot.

That's more of a team effort than Ray being hard to guard. Manu is so difficult to guard because you just really don't know what he's going to do, and that's probably because he doesn't know either.

It was totally different for MJ, you knew exactly what he was going to do yet it was inevitable. In my opinion, Dirk is the player closer to that over the last 5 years.

alchemist
04-21-2011, 12:47 PM
so who is in his top 7
bonner
bonner
bonner
bonner
bonner
bonner
bonner

lefty
04-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Yep

Let's sign Shane 2 years before he retires

jeebus
04-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Yep

Let's sign Shane 2 years before he retires
No. Let's pull a Charlie Ward and sign him a year before he retires.

Solid D
04-21-2011, 12:58 PM
That's more of a team effort than Ray being hard to guard. Manu is so difficult to guard because you just really don't know what he's going to do, and that's probably because he doesn't know either.

It was totally different for MJ, you knew exactly what he was going to do yet it was inevitable. In my opinion, Dirk is the player closer to that over the last 5 years.

If you have to throw a team effort at a player, then he must be somewhat hard to guard. Besides, not every team switches every screen.

Regardless, there are some players who are perpetual motion...like Rip Hamilton, Ray Ray, Iverson used to be, Jordan was, Manu is. Those types of players are exhausting on their defenders.

Seventyniner
04-21-2011, 12:59 PM
No. Let's pull a Charlie Ward and sign him a year before he retires.

Or a Nick Van Exel and sign him a year after he should have retired.

Jimcs50
04-21-2011, 01:01 PM
so who is in his top 7

He would not rate the players for obvious reasons, but said the usual suspects such as Kobe, Lebron, Durrant and Melo were included.

Jimcs50
04-21-2011, 01:02 PM
If you have to throw a team effort at a player, then he must be somewhat hard to guard. Besides, not every team switches every screen.

Regardless, there are some players who are perpetual motion...like Rip Hamilton, Ray Ray, Iverson used to be, Jordan was, Manu is. Those types of players are exhausting on their defenders.

Not to mention Reggie Miller, he never stopped running his opponents through screen after screen.

:lol

Solid D
04-21-2011, 01:08 PM
How could I leave Reggie out? :lol

spursfan09
04-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Fuck you. If you are not interested in what I hear, then don't fucking look at my threads. You're are real asswipe, you know that. Dickheads like you are the reason why I took a 3 year sabbatical from this site.

No! We need more posters like you!

Also, thanks for the story. This is the reason I come to Spurstalk.com To talk about the Spurs you know? :)

JR3
04-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Compelling stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

Clever post.

Thanks for sharing.

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2011, 01:38 PM
n/m

Obstructed_View
04-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Compelling stuff.