PDA

View Full Version : Will the San Antonio media ever nutt up?

Fabbs
04-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Aggie Hoopsfan
Grizzlies are averaging 40 PPG in the paint in this series.

Tonight, they also added 20 points off of offensive rebounds.

Bonner and Blair are getting destroyed at the defensive end. Zach and Gasol are getting whatever shot they want, and the moment the Twin Shrimps are out there together, the Memphis perimeter players are going to the rack with no fear.

And despite all this, Splitter is still glued to the bench.

Pop often says that the rookies are treated the way they are until they "get over themselves". That's very Larry Brownish of him, as far as hate of rookies go.

Perhaps it's time Pop "get over himself". I yearn for the day when someone in the SA media nuts up and asks him to.
Well San Antonio media, will any of you ever nutt up and ask Pop the obvious questions? You sat thru the joke that was the overplaying/over contract extended Michael Finley with nary a peep from any of you sheep.

Then it was the affair with Bonbon, again all of you cowering to Popped.

Now we have Splitter chained to the bench. Hey, not saying he would ensure the title nor do you have to be confrontational. How about a simple:

"Splitter looked very effective at times this season, with the other teams having length will Splitter be utilized this playoffs?"

And if he gives one of his evasive control freak answers and tries to run off to the next question then why don't a few of you SA media team up and do the followup question.

Grow a pair!

silverblk mystix
04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
This is so long past due that it is getting downright ridiculous.

No fuckin ballz to do your job that is supposedly earning you a living....

Pussies....

clambake
04-21-2011, 11:51 AM
you want him to air out splitters deficiencies in public?

Cane
04-21-2011, 11:52 AM
IIRC there was already a Splitter question after Game 1.

Fabbs
04-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Got accurate word for word recall?
We're all ears.

ManuBalboa
04-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Don Harris likes to make fun of basement dwellers who out-do him in his profession, yet can't ask Pop a simple question. Nice job Donny. While we're at it, how about some more vids of middle-aged sports guys running the 40 to live out their failed boyhood dreams.

eric365
04-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Got accurate word for word recall?
We're all ears.

(On the chances of Tiago Splitter playing in Game Two) “I don’t know, haven’t thought about it.”
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177226

SA media won't go further than that.

Btw, I don't thing Splitter is the answer right now. Maybe next year.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-21-2011, 12:27 PM

Yep, Pop said he hadn't thought about playing Splitter in game 2.

Then he got a DNP last night.

mookie2001
04-21-2011, 12:34 PM
splitter has to be better than blair, in this series blair is currently flushing his career down the toilet. he may be the worst rotation player in spurs history actually

pitiful 95% of the grayers on this board were calling him a "beast" after his rookie season in which he averaged 6 and 6

Spurminator
04-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Once Blair learns to pump fake he's going to be awesome.

tmtcsc
04-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Don Harris likes to make fun of basement dwellers who out-do him in his profession, yet can't ask Pop a simple question. Nice job Donny. While we're at it, how about some more vids of middle-aged sports guys running the 40 to live out their failed boyhood dreams.

:lol You nailed it. He's so narcissistic, its maddening.

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Kevin O'Keeffe can tell stories about the consequences of pressing Pop on issues that he doesn't really care to be pressed on. Allegedly.

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 01:44 PM
(On the chances of Tiago Splitter playing in Game Two) “I don’t know, haven’t thought about it.”

Btw, I don't thing Splitter is the answer right now. Maybe next year.How much further is a reporter supposed to go?

And how stupid would it be to ask that question after a victory -- especially when the story of the game is Manu?

Fabbs
04-21-2011, 01:50 PM

Thank you eric365!

What a pussy answer by Popped and lame non followup by SA media. He may think it's cutsie and controlly, but saying "I haven't even thought about it" shows what a lame neglectful strategy he has.

No eric365, myself and i think no one else claims Splitter is the answer. However this small balls schtick with Michael Finley/Bonbon as the SF or PF has been bullshit for 3 years straight and 5 of 6 total. Yeah yeah he hit the two treys at the end of game one and serious props for that. Now if SF/PF only required a player to hit treys once in 3 years while doing nothing else....

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Have you sent an email, Fabbs?

Fabbs
04-21-2011, 01:52 PM
How much further is a reporter supposed to go?

And how stupid would it be to ask that question after a victory -- especially when the story of the game is Manu?
Notice the q was after game one Humper.
Even so, to limit the question to only being asked after a loss is silly.

Fabbs
04-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Kevin O'Keeffe can tell stories about the consequences of pressing Pop on issues that he doesn't really care to be pressed on. Allegedly.
Do you know where O'Keeffe is now?
I'd like to buy him a beer, shot, whatever his fave is.

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Notice the q was after game one Humper.
Even so, to limit the question to only being asked after a loss is silly.Considering the actual access most reporters get, wasting one of your questions about not playing a guy during a victory is pretty stupid.

Extremely stupid.

In the meantime, maybe you could answer this for me, since AHF won't:

You quoted the Grizzlies are averaging 40 points in the paint in this series. How many points in the paint did they average during the regular season?

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 01:55 PM
I'd like to buy him a beer, shot, whatever his fave is.Right after you send that email to Pop.

SA210
04-21-2011, 01:59 PM
This is so long past due that it is getting downright ridiculous.

No fuckin ballz to do your job that is supposedly earning you a living....

Pussies....

SA210
04-21-2011, 01:59 PM

:lol Don sucks

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Have any of you sent an email to individual members of the media?

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
I'd like to buy him a beer, shot, whatever his fave is.

Maybe you can commiserate with him about Pop choosing Mario Elie over Vinny Del Negro a decade ago.

By the way, if you're so miffed at the way the media is dealing with this, why not do what it takes to get a media credential and ask the questions yourself? It's one thing to bitch incessantly about it; it's another entirely to actually go and solve the problem. So go start a blog -- you've got so many colorful and creative nicknames for everyone that coming up with a catchy blog title should be a snap -- and then make things happen.

I'll help -- here's how you go about getting a credential during the playoffs:

Welcome to the 2011 NBA Playoffs. The Spurs media services department is here to serve you and will accommodate your needs as best as we can. We want to offer the best possible service to all of our media affiliates. The following are a few guidelines which we hope will assist you in your coverage this season.

CREDENTIALS
Home - Regular season credentials are not transferable and do not guarantee admittance to Spurs playoff games (first three rounds only) until they receive proper playoff accreditation. Single-game credential requests should be made by the sports editor or director no later than 24 hours prior to each playoff game or series. All requests should be admitted to Kris Davis by email via [email protected]. All single-game credential requests should be confirmed with the Spurs media services department prior to arriving at the AT&T Center. Please be advised there is limited media seating, and at times it may not be possible to accommodate every request. We encourage all media to make their requests as soon as possible.

Road - All local media planning on covering the Spurs on the road during the first three rounds of the playoffs should make arrangements with Tom James via email at [email protected] or fax at (210) 444-5720. Please include the names of all traveling personnel and the name, address and telephone number of the hotel they will be staying at in the visiting city. Media members will need to make hotel arrangements on their own throughout the postseason. A complete San Antonio list will be provided to the Spurs opponent and credentials will be delivered to your hotel prior to the first game of each round.

http://spursdotcom.com/media/2011_spurs_playoff_guide.pdf

SA210
04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
yes

Fabbs
04-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Have any of you sent an email to individual members of the media?
Give me an address to Popped that he actually reads and I'll be glad to send him many. We saw what happened with the Spursreport/ST "Question bag for Popped". :lmao

Also if you have a one stop shop with the local SA sports medias emails let me know.

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 02:04 PM
yesWhich one(s)?

What did you ask?

What was the reply?

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Give me an address to Popped that he actually reads and I'll be glad to send him many. We saw what happened with the Spursreport/ST "Question bag for Popped". :lmao

Also if you have a one stop shop with the local SA sports medias emails let me know.So basically you believe in this so passionately, you aren't going to do shit about it except announce to the board you don't know how to find an email address.

OK.

Fabbs
04-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Maybe you can commiserate with him about Pop choosing Mario Elie over Vinny Del Negro a decade ago.

By the way, if you're so miffed at the way the media is dealing with this, why not do what it takes to get a media credential and ask the questions yourself? It's one thing to bitch incessantly about it; it's another entirely to actually go and solve the problem. So go start a blog -- you've got so many colorful and creative nicknames for everyone that coming up with a catchy blog title should be a snap -- and then make things happen.

I'll help -- here's how you go about getting a credential during the playoffs:

http://spursdotcom.com/media/2011_spurs_playoff_guide.pdf
Great. However does one have to be a paid member of the media to get said credential?

Fabbs
04-21-2011, 02:07 PM
So basically you believe in this so passionately, you aren't going to do shit about it except announce to the board you don't know how to use google.

OK.
Was simply asking if you already had the emails in one page.
Figured it was your insincere childishness as usual but gave you the op -and you took it. Hump style. :toast

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Was simply asking if you already had the emails in one page.
Figured it was your insincere childishness as usual but gave you the op -and you took it. Hump style. :toastThat doesn't even make any sense.

You aren't going to email anyone.

lol calling someone else insincere.

Fabbs
04-21-2011, 02:13 PM
:lol
Troll off Humpy.

btw are you a Pop Suck Up media member in training?

SA210
04-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Which one(s)?

What did you ask?

What was the reply?

Brian Collister, during the floods

Why did you have to wear a brand new raincoat including hat (dried and just out the package) in the studio at the news desk?

No response

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Great. However does one have to be a paid member of the media to get said credential?

Pretty sure that bloggers can get credentials.

If you'd rather have proxies do your dirty work for you, here are some places to direct your demands for better coverage:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected] (Follow: @noaveragejoejr)
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Troll off Humpy.

btw are you a Pop Suck Up media member in training?You've been called out. And now someone held your hand, did a big boy search for you and you have your addresses.

Do you need help with your email program now?

Brian Collister, during the floods

Why did you have to wear a brand new raincoat including hat (dried and just out the package) in the studio at the news desk?

No responseReally?

That was your email?

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2011, 02:39 PM
A few more, Fabbs, just in case you intend to carpet bomb the SA media:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Be sure to make stupid nicknames for them and all the players and coaches you talk about. It's very professional and will guarantee a response.

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2011, 02:50 PM
And still a few more:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

eric365
04-21-2011, 02:51 PM
How much further is a reporter supposed to go?
Asking explanation for starter. Not just a yes or no question.
Asking why he trust someone with a history of playoff failing like Bonner over Splitter
Asking why he didn't developped him more during the regular season
etc...

Question we would actually like to know the answer. Even if there is no doubt that Pop would only make a joke out of it

It was after the loss in game 1 as indicated in the question : Will he play game 2 :rolleyes

SA210
04-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Tell em chump sent you :lol

nkdlunch
04-21-2011, 02:55 PM
reporters get 1 or 2 questions at most. How obsessed would a reporter have to be to bring up Splitter :lmao maybe as obsessed as the OP?

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Asking explanation for starter. Not just a yes or no question.
Asking why he trust someone with a history of playoff failing like Bonner over Splitter
Asking why he didn't developped him more during the regular season
etc...

Question we would actually like to know the answer. Even if there is no doubt that Pop would only make a joke out of it

And when Popovich refuses to answer, then what?

EVAY
04-21-2011, 02:58 PM

This.

Thanks. I couldn't remember the guy's name, but I remember that he got fired for being too honest about the spurs. Remember that media owns minority positions in the spurs.

eric365
04-21-2011, 03:00 PM
reporters get 1 or 2 questions at most. How obsessed would a reporter have to be to bring up Splitter :lmao maybe as obsessed as the OP?

Not true. I have seen plenty of time with no one having questions during a Pop interview.
Once Pop even said : you are that many and you have nothing to ask ? And he asked a question to the camera guy.

A question about Splitter developpement was possible..

At least they would have done their job as media.

DMC
04-21-2011, 03:04 PM
What!!??!! A media complaint thread? Wow... there's a 1st for everything.

nkdlunch
04-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Not true. I have seen plenty of time with no one having questions during a Pop interview.

in a playoff game?? BS

Chomag
04-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Pop doesn't answer questions he doesn't want to answer. HE would either give a smart ass response, or just the silent methodical stare down of the reporter. Come on guys you have known Pop long enough.

SA210
04-21-2011, 03:49 PM

Ask it again, and then report on the question on the sportscast about it not being answered, then have a poll about it or a discussion. That's publicity and doing something about it, holding him accountable. Instead of just one and done.

I guess when Bush started the illegal war noone should have asked questions just because he wouldn't answer them. Oh wait...

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Ask it again, and then report on the question on the sportscast about it not being answered, then have a poll about it or a discussion. That's publicity and doing something about it, holding him accountable. Instead of just one and done.

I guess when Bush started the illegal war noone should have asked questions just because he wouldn't answer them. Oh wait...

How exactly is that holding Popovich accountable?

SA210
04-21-2011, 04:26 PM
How exactly is that holding Popovich accountable?

Are you serious? Press conferences are for a reason, to ask questions and to have them answered. If he's not answering something people want to know, expose him and run a story on it, the same way everyone did when they were questioning Sploestras job early in the season and any other matter.

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Are you serious? Press conferences are for a reason, to ask questions and to have them answered. If he's not answering something people want to know, expose him and run a story on it, the same way everyone did when they were questioning Sploestras job early in the season and any other matter.

Accountability suggests that there might be adverse action if things don't change.

Do you really think the Spurs would fire Popovich if he refuses to answer questions about his rotation?

Frankly, it strikes me as being little different than the idle speculation in this forum, which obviously hasn't changed anything.

eric365
04-21-2011, 04:56 PM
in a playoff game?? BS

Not just after the game but between game 1 and 2 :
http://origin.nba.com/spurs/video/110420_pop_shoot.html

It's even him that say "all manu interview ?" at the end when no one has any other questions and it was only about one topic

Last year the story was Parker off the bench and there was no other question than that. This year is manu s injury

The point is, SA media sucks. You don't have to ask 10 times the same question and ignore every other topics

SA210
04-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Accountability suggests that there might be adverse action if things don't change.

Do you really think the Spurs would fire Popovich if he refuses to answer questions about his rotation?

Frankly, it strikes me as being little different than the idle speculation in this forum, which obviously hasn't changed anything.

Spare me the technical routine. You get the point. Bring a little heat to him with the questions and the follow up. His "We missed shots, they made shots" routine is pure bs and for you to act like that's ok is ridiculous. His lineups and coaching decisions are why the other team makes certain shots and why we miss certain shots, like overplaying Bonner, or pulling a player when they are hot or on a roll, then we suddenly lose momentum.

Reporters get paid to ask questions, they should earn their paycheck. A lot of fans who help pay the bills want him to answer these questions.

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 05:15 PM
You folks don't realize that reporters are not as obsessed and hate filled as you. The echo chamber that is SpursTalk has made you think everyone thinks like you.

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Have any of you emailed any of the people listed while I was out?

z0sa
04-21-2011, 05:39 PM
If you really feel that way about the media, Fabbs and whoever else, get in touch with the sports-related media member of your choice and explain your feelings. Plenty of relevant stats and convincing arguments will need to be presented in a coherent manner or no one may listen. Additionally, the insulting, desultory tone should be entirely negated. Once you have figured out what exactly you need to say, how to say it, and who to say it to, execute your plan and hope for the best. A petition may or may not help, depending on who you talk to and how convincing you are.

ChumpDumper
04-21-2011, 05:42 PM
If you really feel that way about the media, Fabbs and whoever else, get in touch with the sports-related media member of your choice and explain your feelings. Plenty of relevant stats and convincing arguments will need to be presented in a coherent manner or no one may listen. Additionally, the insulting, desultory tone should be entirely negated. Once you have figured out what exactly you need to say, how to say it, and who to say it to, execute your plan and hope for the best. A petition may or may not help, depending on who you talk to and how convincing you are.Remember, use as many nicknames as possible.

Slippy
04-21-2011, 10:57 PM

Don't think the media help themselfs with simple questions like this. Back the q up with period of the game where Splitter could of helped and Spur's weakness stood out.

DMC
04-21-2011, 11:37 PM
The media doesn't give a shit about Tiago. It's not sensational enough to sell copies, so why deal with it? Most people who read the sports section have no fucking idea who Tiago Splitter is. They know who Tim Duncan is, but Tiago? Never heard of the guy and don't give a shit that he's not playing.

Hell, they barely cover the Spurs when they win the championship.

suitedkings
04-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Mail sent.

"When are you or anyone in the SA media going to question Pop about not playing Splitter? Are you afraid of Pop?

Unfortunately, these are serious questions."

Mail to McDonald didnt go through.

<[email protected]>:
64.18.6.14 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 No such user - psmtp
Giving up on 64.18.6.14.

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Mail sent.

"When are you or anyone in the SA media going to question Pop about not playing Splitter? Are you afraid of Pop?

Unfortunately, these are serious questions."

Mail to McDonald didnt go through.

<[email protected]>:
64.18.6.14 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 No such user - psmtp
Giving up on 64.18.6.14.

would help if you used the correct e-mail address: [email protected] (not [email protected]).

Good luck getting to the bottom of this vast media conspiracy.

suitedkings
04-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Just humoring the thread.

GhosTown
04-22-2011, 03:19 AM
Spare me the technical routine. You get the point. Bring a little heat to him with the questions and the follow up. His "We missed shots, they made shots" routine is pure bs and for you to act like that's ok is ridiculous. His lineups and coaching decisions are why the other team makes certain shots and why we miss certain shots, like overplaying Bonner, or pulling a player when they are hot or on a roll, then we suddenly lose momentum.

Reporters get paid to ask questions, they should earn their paycheck. A lot of fans who help pay the bills want him to answer these questions.

I sure do want some answers. Someone needs to ask these questions about Bonner playing so much when he can't defend PG from posting him up. And how does he get 20mins PT and only manage 3 pts and 4 rebs.

No coach would play someone who can't reb for 20 mins. That's dam near half the game, you can't play like that in the playoffs and expect to win.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2011, 03:53 AM
I sure do want some answers.And yet, you sent no email.

AnthonyM
04-22-2011, 08:59 AM
I don't think some people here realize how much time the media spends with the team. It's not like they see Pop after the game, ask him a question, and go home. They are there before practices, during workouts, during the game, after the game, and some of them are with them on road trips.

Not to mention, if you get on the bad side of Pop, you'll probably get a bad reputation with him, and whoever you work for. These kind of repercussions aren't worth it to them. It doesn't mean they aren't doing their job either. They know they'd just be wasting their breath with a question that Pop won't answer.

Also, I spoke with someone who used to run the box for the Mavs games and he mentioned how much influence Pop has in the organization, and that he is known for possibly taking away media credentials from people he doesn't care for, as FWD mentioned earlier.

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Walter Pasacrita and Jeff Vexler crossed Pop in 2007 for their infamous Iverson bit during Round 1, lost their access because of it, and lost their jobs.

It's a one story town. That story is fairly tightly controlled by those who define the culture of the basketball team. Those who choose to defy the control lose their access. A sportswriter with no access in San Antonio to the Spurs is basically worthless to his paper or station. The math becomes fairly easy from there.

ChuckD
04-22-2011, 12:20 PM

suitedkings
04-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Don Harris replied.

Not me. Not afraid, I just don't think Tiago is very good. The bigger question is why did they draft him or bring him over. He's not ready for prime time.

Thanks for watching,

Don

Sent from my iPad

cheguevara
04-22-2011, 01:42 PM
"The bigger question is why did they draft him or bring him over."

then why didn't "no fear" Don ask this question? :lol

cheguevara
04-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Walter Pasacrita and Jeff Vexler crossed Pop in 2007 for their infamous Iverson bit during Round 1, lost their access because of it, and lost their jobs.

It's a one story town. That story is fairly tightly controlled by those who define the culture of the basketball team. Those who choose to defy the control lose their access. A sportswriter with no access in San Antonio to the Spurs is basically worthless to his paper or station. The math becomes fairly easy from there.

In other words. If Pop was a president he'd be Ghadafi. ok maybe not Ghadafi. Chavez.

GrandeDavid
04-22-2011, 02:15 PM

Exactly! I remember this. And I remember being very irritated with Pop the network that fired him. These guys are terrified of Popovich and of getting reamed in front of their colleagues.

GrandeDavid
04-22-2011, 02:18 PM

I liked Vexler OK, but Pasacrita is downright irritating and I don't like any of his sports takes. And it goes beyond his nasally accent. He never lets his co-host complete a sentence and cuts off callers in a failed attempt to become Jim Rome-like. I loved the other morning when Richard Oliver was filling in for him. Hilarious how a couple of callers called in begging for him to replace Pasacrita. lol

DMC
04-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Don Harris replied.

Not me. Not afraid, I just don't think Tiago is very good. The bigger question is why did they draft him or bring him over. He's not ready for prime time.

Thanks for watching,

Don

Sent from my iPad

How many draftees are ready for prime time?

ChuckD
04-22-2011, 06:11 PM
How many draftees are ready for prime time?

Hopefully, by 25 you would be.

MI21
04-22-2011, 08:16 PM
I asked McDonald on Twitter why he hasn't asked about Splitter and his playing time (or lack there of).

He said that he has asked many times and the answer is usually "because".

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2011, 08:42 PM
I asked McDonald on Twitter why he hasn't asked about Splitter and his playing time (or lack there of).

He said that he has asked many times and the answer is usually "because".

Which is also precisely the point. Even if you discount the nature of the market and the paucity of sports stories to be covered in it, the ultimate reason that Popovich isn't going to answer the question is because he stands to gain nothing whatsoever by explaining in detail why he does or doesn't play anyone.

You may want to know, but Pop has absolutely no reason to explain it to you.

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2011, 09:04 PM
crofl

this is what we need! some hard-hitting investigative sports journalism into the reasons why a rookie isn't getting lots of minutes in the NBA playoffs for the No. 1 team in the West!

Or why the coach of that team hasn't completely crapped his pants and gone away from the things his team did all season to earn that #1 seed.

MI21
04-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Which is also precisely the point. Even if you discount the nature of the market and the paucity of sports stories to be covered in it, the ultimate reason that Popovich isn't going to answer the question is because he stands to gain nothing whatsoever by explaining in detail why he does or doesn't play anyone.

Yep.

I'm amazed that people think that the reporters/media haven't asked this question as well. If something that was news ever came from it, I'm sure they would report it.

pgardn
04-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Because Popovich berates reporters for what a few fans believe are somehow questions that are an attack on his authority, Because he is a ill-tempered old man that is not held accountable for his transgressions (ie supposed awful drafting, decisions in game situations, players he plays and sits), he is an awful coach guiding a police run sports organization in a tiny little backwards town.

Nah.

imo he is not the least bit interested in supplying information other people want for their personal entertainment. He has not been voted into some high office representing the people. Pop fully realizes that fans on the tube and in the seats pay his wages indirectly. Its the PR dept.'s job to satisfy the whims of fans. He will do his little bit if pressed, but he does not have to like it. Of course he knows the mistakes he has made and how lucky he is to have had Tim Duncan and David Robinson. He is well aware of his diamond in the rough finds, as well as his player evaluation errors. You know he is aware of his mistakes during games via subs and or plays.

imo Pop has categorized the media as a group dying for a story or ready to make one up. (Cant blame him too much here) And he certainly is not going to be a part of this social media monster he sees as meaningless drivel/waste of time.

So... He aint sharing the ball. Even if he does not want it, he despises the fact that loitering twerps have enough time to think about it. Pop has very little respect for the mindless followers of meaningless stories. Sit your butt in the chair and cheer if you want. Whats wrong with us for taking this so seriously. And Reggie Miller asked on TV if Pop would miss Phil Jackson... Yes and maybe they have dinner together.

Probably belongs in the military doing the difficult stuff. Making decisions that really affect peoples lives. He is most likely a leader in the wrong business.

I will now take my Ms. Cleo/ Dr. Phil hat off and watch the NO/Laker halftime show.

Axe Murderer
04-22-2011, 09:33 PM
You've been called out. And now someone held your hand, did a big boy search for you and you have your addresses.

Do you need help with your email program now?

Be sure to make stupid nicknames for them and all the players and coaches you talk about. It's very professional and will guarantee a response.

roflroflroflroflroflroflrofl

SA210
04-22-2011, 09:43 PM
"The bigger question is why did they draft him or bring him over."

then why didn't "no fear" Don ask this question? :lol

:tu

ChuckD
04-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I wonder if it occurred to anyone that the answer is "The kid isn't very good now, and a Zero on offense". Pop normally doesn't destroy his players in the press. It could stunt further development. He'd rather take the heat from them and from the internet monkeys.

GhosTown
04-23-2011, 02:39 AM
The problem I have with the S.A. media and local fans is how no one seems to recognize how Pop is so full of crap. Forget the local media, any media. NBATV, ESPN, TNT somebody needs to call him out.

He plays GNeal a rookie, but he doesn't play Tiago. Saying he doesn't like to play rookies is crap. If he plays GNeal like he is a 8 year vet, and gives him the green light to shoot pull up 3ptrs on the break. Surely Tiago should be allowed one post move against the opponents 2nd string.

He claims defense is our problem, then continues to send in the worst defender in the history of MAN, Bonner and plays him 20 mins against a front line that Bonner has absolutely no chance against.

Game 1, he fails to sub defense for offense when we had a fragile 4 point lead with 60 secs to go in the game. This is basic basketball, surely a HOF coach would not miss something that simple. WTF???

Thank goodness Manu came back for game 2 to save us for one game. But I fear that's all it will be, one game.

I have no confidence that we will beat the Grizz 3 more times, then beat the Static 4 times, then beat the Lakers 4 times, then beat the Heat 4 times with Pop at the helm.

Pop is 1-5 in his last 6 playoffs games. And we have only defeated two +.500 teams in the last 20 games. Ok 3 if you count this recent win over Grizz.

Some will give him a pass because TD was injured. But I don't think the injuries is a good excuse. The Spurs need a coach, not a stubborn dictator or these last two years before TD retires will be a total waste.

Fabbs
04-23-2011, 07:34 AM
:toast nicely said GhosTown.

Fabbs
04-23-2011, 07:41 AM
I wonder if it occurred to anyone that the answer is "The kid isn't very good now, and a Zero on offense". Pop normally doesn't destroy his players in the press. It could stunt further development. He'd rather take the heat from them and from the internet monkeys.
Splitters "*Zero on offense*" some of the few times he was given burn this season:
Min/points
26/18
24/12
21/12
17/11
14/6
25/11
28/16
27/10
23/11

and there's more. Has he had some stinkers too? Sure. Timmy Dunks has had 7 point games.

Bonners D on the other hand can pretty much be classified as Zero by all reasonable observers. Yet Bonner plays in how many lost playoff games now?, while Splitter sits.

See you at the PollyAnna Poppers Club meeting.

Fabbs
04-23-2011, 07:48 AM

"He stands nothing to gain." Precisely the point indeed.
The team might, the org might, the player might, but "He" stands nothing to gain. And there you have it.

Phil Jackson, altho who are we kidding without the Collusion and bogus reffing does not win. Nonetheless he assowns Popped 4-1 in playoff series. I don't see Phil hiding from questions about a player.

There is nothing meritorious about CIA Poppeds power tripping over reporters and saying "because" and sucking his wollypop when asked about Splitter.

Fabbs
04-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Don Harris replied.

Thanks for watching,

Don

Sent from my iPad
Assuming you really did, props. :toast
You to MI21.
I'll email FromWayDowntowns whole list when i have time.

Hopefully you saved RumpHumper from harming himself. He 's really worked up when everyone was ignoring his email rant.

Fabbs
04-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Or why the coach of that team hasn't completely crapped his pants and gone away from the things his team did all season to earn that #1 seed.
The coach who as recently as 2009 playoffs was starting Matty Bonner and Michael Finley as the PF/SF combo. Have fun with that frontline Timmy Dunks! (And Tim did have fun.) Along with benching George Hill, altho Hill had come in for around 45 games filling in for Parker and did great.

More recent? How about a 2010 playoffs 0-4 skunking by the Suns? :lmao

Later Popped would say he regretted benching Hill. Ohhh, does that mean a media member actually asked Lord Dictator Pop about Hill??
So there is hope!

pgardn
04-23-2011, 11:13 AM
The problem I have with the S.A. media and local fans is how no one seems to recognize how Pop is so full of crap. Forget the local media, any media. NBATV, ESPN, TNT somebody needs to call him out.

He plays GNeal a rookie, but he doesn't play Tiago. Saying he doesn't like to play rookies is crap. If he plays GNeal like he is a 8 year vet, and gives him the green light to shoot pull up 3ptrs on the break. Surely Tiago should be allowed one post move against the opponents 2nd string.

He claims defense is our problem, then continues to send in the worst defender in the history of MAN, Bonner and plays him 20 mins against a front line that Bonner has absolutely no chance against.

Game 1, he fails to sub defense for offense when we had a fragile 4 point lead with 60 secs to go in the game. This is basic basketball, surely a HOF coach would not miss something that simple. WTF???

Thank goodness Manu came back for game 2 to save us for one game. But I fear that's all it will be, one game.

I have no confidence that we will beat the Grizz 3 more times, then beat the Static 4 times, then beat the Lakers 4 times, then beat the Heat 4 times with Pop at the helm.

Pop is 1-5 in his last 6 playoffs games. And we have only defeated two +.500 teams in the last 20 games. Ok 3 if you count this recent win over Grizz.

Some will give him a pass because TD was injured. But I don't think the injuries is a good excuse. The Spurs need a coach, not a stubborn dictator or these last two years before TD retires will be a total waste.

Pop is 1-5 in his last 6 playoff games... pop is 5-7 in his last 12 playoff games. Playing games with numbers, jeezzz.

imo Pop thinks Splitter is not ready mentally. Personally I think he is a bit fragile upstairs. I think George Hill, who Pop thought might be ready for prime time did a good job when we had to have a body against Dallas. Next year in the playoffs, he faded badly, lost a lot of confidence. Got totally used and abused by that ex Phoenix guard.

Imo if Splitter played as rough as Bonner does, with much more height and a bigger much better basketball body, he would be in much more than we have seen him.

As far as Neal goes, he can it the 3 with ease. Its pretty obvious he has no confidence problems so there is no way he is gonna sit. We probably have the 4 best guards in the NBA with Manu,Parker, Hill, and Neal.

silverblk mystix
04-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Pop is 1-5 in his last 6 playoff games... pop is 5-7 in his last 12 playoff games. Playing games with numbers, jeezzz.

imo Pop thinks Splitter is not ready mentally. Personally I think he is a bit fragile upstairs. I think George Hill, who Pop thought might be ready for prime time did a good job when we had to have a body against Dallas. Next year in the playoffs, he faded badly, lost a lot of confidence. Got totally used and abused by that ex Phoenix guard.

Imo if Splitter played as rough as Bonner does, with much more height and a bigger much better basketball body, he would be in much more than we have seen him.

As far as Neal goes, he can it the 3 with ease. Its pretty obvious he has no confidence problems so there is no way he is gonna sit. We probably have the 4 best guards in the NBA with Manu,Parker, Hill, and Neal.

IF Splitter played as ROUGH as Bonner does...:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

can I please have some of what you're smoking? :lmao

GhosTown
04-23-2011, 12:12 PM

Wait! Did you just replace one bad playoff record with another.:lol

Anyways... Point is he is coaching, or so call coaching like crap. I don't want excuses I want results. You can't dictate wins, you have to coach them. Pop showing us this is how it's going to be because he said so, is not coaching that is dictating. You don't dictate wins in the playoffs, you MUST coach and adjust to what the other team is beating you doing. When you try dictating, you end up 1-5 in your Last 6 games or 5-7 in 12 games. No matter how you carve it, it is still losing basketball.PERIOD

ChuckD
04-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Splitters "*Zero on offense*" some of the few times he was given burn this season:
Min/points
26/18
24/12
21/12
17/11
14/6
25/11
28/16
27/10
23/11

and there's more. Has he had some stinkers too? Sure. Timmy Dunks has had 7 point games.

Bonners D on the other hand can pretty much be classified as Zero by all reasonable observers. Yet Bonner plays in how many lost playoff games now?, while Splitter sits.

See you at the PollyAnna Poppers Club meeting.

Yeah, we were also bombing threes in the regular season. Easy offense is shut down in the playoffs. Tiago's only O is P'n'R, one of the first things shut off. He has no jumper and his post up game is for shit.

silverblk mystix
04-23-2011, 12:19 PM

Anyways... Point is he is coaching, or so call coaching like crap. I don't want excuses I want results. You can't dictate wins, you have to coach them. Pop showing us this is how it's going to be because he said so, is not coaching that is dictating. You don't dictate wins in the playoffs, you MUST coach and adjust to what the other team is beating you doing. When you try dictating, you end up 1-5 in your Last 6 games or 5-7 in 12 games. No matter how you carve it, it is still losing basketball.PERIOD

b-b-but...

four rings???

are you a coach?

in before the chumphumper shit on ALL threads post....

Wilford Brimley
04-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Pop is a proven winner and the SA media is too classy to throw their own under the bus. Pop deserves the benefit of the doubt, some of you are petulant little children

MultiFabbs
04-23-2011, 12:59 PM
b-b-but...

four rings???

are you a coach?

in before the chumphumper shit on ALL threads post....

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!

tonight the Pollyana Popper's meeting has been moved from Coach Rumphumper's to shiverblack mystydick's apartment.

Please plan accordingly!

MultiFabbs
04-23-2011, 01:02 PM
http://www.vectorjunky.com/gallery/r/Ralph-Wiggum-01-The-Simpsons.jpg

When life throws me lemons, i just make new profiles!

ChumpDumper
04-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Assuming you really did, props. :toast
You to MI21.
I'll email FromWayDowntowns whole list when i have time.Um, you just spent an hour carpet bombing this thread. Holy shit -- you do need someone to help you send an email.

Hopefully you saved RumpHumper from harming himself. He's really worked up when everyone was ignoring his email rant.It wasn't ignored, just like this post won't be ignored by you. I knew none of the bitches like you were actually going to email anyone. MI21's email actually destroyed your little fantasy. Not surprised you couldn't figure that out.

MultiFabbs
04-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Hey Rumphumper,

I just got my MultiMom to send me an e-mail for me. I had her address coach as PoppyCock and made up other badass nicknames such as Timmy Dunks and TParks. Do you think they will find it amusing?

pgardn
04-23-2011, 06:38 PM

Good catch. I certainly did. Wonderful playing with numbers to make a point.

pgardn
04-23-2011, 06:43 PM
IF Splitter played as ROUGH as Bonner does...:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

can I please have some of what you're smoking? :lmao

Bonner plays as rough as he can. Which is not very. He cant jump and he is undersized. But he has had a number of very good face fouls after getting pushed all the way under the rim.

Splitter.... not even a stray elbow. Which is part of the problem.

4>0rings
04-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Who in the SA media is going to blow Pop tonight.

Fabbs
04-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Pretty sure that bloggers can get credentials.

If you'd rather have proxies do your dirty work for you, here are some places to direct your demands for better coverage:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected] (Follow: @noaveragejoejr)
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Done

Do my dirty work for me? :lmao Lets see they live in San Antonio, are on salary, free seats, access to Popped.....it's their job!

Fabbs
04-25-2011, 02:11 PM
A few more, Fabbs, just in case you intend to carpet bomb the SA media:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
and done.

Fabbs
04-25-2011, 02:29 PM
"I cant answer for the rest of the group but I'm deathly afraid of Pop. He called me a homer once..on national TV...I was so intimidated..and will never ask a question again."

Walter Pasacrita
Account Executive
Co-Host of KTKR's "The Morning Drive"

Fabbs
05-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Heres more of their answers: (bolding mine and commentary mine.)

The Splitter question has been asked. You can’t make Pop give an answer that is appealing to you or me. He’s given his answer that Splitter and Duncan won’t play significant (or any) minutes together, because he doesn’t want to. It’s his team.
The Lil Dictator gets his way. We get it.

Why is it that if we don't ask about Splitter then we are scared of Pop? What if my opinion is that Splitter can't play? Randolph would eat him alive. We had Alvin Gentry on the show last night. I asked him about that off camera. He said the same thing. He can't play. The bigger question is why didn't they trade G.Hill or R.Jefferson for a quality big last summer. I simply disagree that the question of Splitter is legit. I don't see it. Why doesn't James Anderson play more? Why doesn't Danny Green play more? Because they are not as good as the guys in front of them. Period.
Points for honesty and certainly all of us reasonables wanted Soft Dick traded, better yet never picked up in the 1st place. Splitter not as good as Bonner who "plays in front of him"? :lmao No response after Splitter came in and did decent vs Memphis as oppossed to the Bonbon.

TJastal
05-04-2011, 06:26 AM
I wouldn't expect any media in SA to nutt up, it's not in their nature to have sacks. However I'm sure the guy paying the bills (Holt) is only going to take so much of watching the softdick & bonbon show and dwindling ticket sales before pulling the plug.

Fabbs
02-26-2012, 03:35 PM
After how many years of local San Antonio sports journalists continued cowering of Popped we get a word for word q and a with a great followup q regarding Splitter-Ducan playing together.
By Zach Lowe. :toast

SI.com: Tiago Splitter and Duncan have played something like 110 minutes together this season after barely playing together at all last season. Have you noticed that? Have the coaches talked about it — how playing those two together could help the team’s defense inside?

Bonner: I’m obviously not in on the coaches’ meetings, but we knew when we got Tiago last year, how respected he was on the international basketball scene, and his potential to be a really good player in the NBA. Going back to your question before: Coming in here last year, with the Spurs system, your first time in the NBA after playing overseas for six or seven years — there’s a lot of adjustment. He’s made that adjustment now, and you can see by how he’s stepped up for us this year. He’s really helped us, and we’ve needed help. Guys are tired.

SI.com: What are the challenges of playing him and Duncan together, specifically? Is it a spacing issue on offense?

Bonner: It’s just the rotation. It just comes down to different skill sets and how we complement each other. Maybe as the season goes on, you’ll see them play more together, but that’s up to the coaches. <end q and a portion of article.

Basicially a non answer as BonBon either doesn't know/isn't supposed to reveal. But at least it was asked and answered.
I did finally get some responses from local SA Poppers and i kid you not, the response was "his (Poppeds) coaches have told us his playing time is because he spreads the floor." -re Playoff Bonbon.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2012, 04:02 PM
You're an idiot.

The Reckoning
02-26-2012, 04:26 PM
You're an idiot.

now you gone done said dem fightin words