PDA

View Full Version : Predict Game 3's

Nathan89
04-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Make your predictions. Game 3 should be much more difficult to predict than game 2.

Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

Bulls vs. Pacers

The Pacers have put up a great fight in the first to games of the series. They had game 1 in their hands but somehow let it slip away. The home crowd should help this young Pacers team but I don't think that will be enough to overcome the bull rebounding advantage. The Bulls out rebounded the Pacers by 15 in game 1 and by 24 in game 2. The ability to rebound will not go away on the road and that is the reason Bulls win game 3.

Miami vs. Philly

I think this series is going to be a sweep, the Heat just have to many weapons for the 76ers to stop.

Dallas vs. Portland

No major reason besides the home-court advantage to pick Portland to win game 3.

Boston vs. New York

Boston wins due to the injuries of New York.

Lakers vs. Hornets

I'm calling it now the Bees will win game 3.

Tonight I was disappointed in the aggressiveness of Chris Paul. He really let his team down because we all know he can get a high percentage shot for himself or one of his teammates every time down the court. Instead Paul was just passing it to one of his teammates and basically saying go to work. Does he really expect his team to be able to take it off the dribble and get up a good shot. I fully expect the coach to stress how important his aggression is to the offense. Paul will take in this message and the energy of the crowd to propel him to impose his will. The pick roll and isolation should be in full effect next game.

Lakerfans should be worried because NO is playing with a lot of heart out their. If there is someone who is slacking J. Jack is going to get on their case. I for one loved the passion he showed tonight by getting on his players for not getting back on D. Their heart has show on the defensive end but playing with heart does not alway boost the effectiveness of the offense. What will boost the effectiveness of the offense is going back to play at home. Role players have a tendency to play better and shoot with more confidence at home. Since NO is a team with one star and a bunch of role players the impact of the crowd is going to be huge.

As big of an impact the crowd is going to impact NO role players it is also going to some of the player on LA. Of course LA is experience but I still believe that almost anyone of their players besides Kobe is capable of being impacted to a degree by an opponents crowd.

Kobe Bryant had a stinker of a game tonight. It seems he is making a habit of playing poorly when Lakers are in a must win. Next game he will probably be overly aggressive to a fault. Forcing the issue will not benefit his team.

Yes I know Gray had poor performance but guy just had what looked like a serious injury. Two more days and he should be ready to match up with the bigs of the Lakers. Okafor needs to get his head in the game and stop committing stupid fouls and become more of a force on the offensive end. Once again hopefully playing at home helps both these guy because their play is very important for NO.

The next game will be off of one days rest a big disadvantage to the old Lakers. The table is set for another lackadaisical performance by the Lakers.

Orlando vs. Atlanta

In the past Atlanta has really looked like a different team at home. The team has and will play better at home.

Spurs vs. Grizz

Spurs will come out and take game 3 despite playing on the road against a young team. I really feel like the impact of Ginobili changed the series. He was all over Memphis on the defensive end. He shot 7-13fts last game, wasted points that he will make next game. The Spurs have gotten a lot more free-throws the first two games but this in my opinion is largely a result of a lot of stupid fouls on the part of Memphis.

Thunder vs. Nuggets

The Nuggets had game 1 taken from them by the refs. The upsetting loss in game 1 seemed to alter their performance in game 2. Going back home with the benefit of the altitude and crowd should fix any mental lapse the Nuggets have.

Banzai
04-21-2011, 03:31 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/376177887_1134834.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3746)

Neo.
04-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

LnGrrrR
04-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

I'll go with a few underdogs.

TD21-FTW
04-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Spurs vs. Grizz

Reck
04-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

Today is the day those scrubs get their first and only win of their respetive playoff game.

oh crap
04-21-2011, 03:46 PM
lol @ all you nugget believers. isn't everyone picking them in this thread, the same ones that went with them for game 2 also only to see them get blown the fuck out??!

DMC
04-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

DMC
04-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

Today is the day those scrubs get their first and only win of their respetive playoff game.
So Miami and Philly will both win? Wow an 8 game series.

Reck
04-21-2011, 03:50 PM
lol @ all you nugget believers. isn't everyone picking them in this thread, the same ones that went with them for game 2 also only to see them get blown the fuck out??!

Its called a prediction thread for a reason you douche.

Reck
04-21-2011, 03:51 PM
So Miami and Philly will both win? Wow an 8 game series.

Umm I just forgot to unbold that one son. Dont get your jizz on. Its fixed now.

DMC
04-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Umm I just forgot to unbold that one son. Dont get your jizz on. Its fixed now.
Too late.

Ace
04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

The Gemini Method
04-21-2011, 03:58 PM
I long for the day that they have a playoff system like the movie, The Warriors...

oh crap
04-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Its called a prediction thread for a reason you douche.

then you fail, nigga. i'll bump this shit for you after the nuggs lose.

Bito Corleone
04-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

nkdlunch
04-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

ElNono
04-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

DMC
04-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets
So far I am batting 1.000

Nathan89
04-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

:chestbump Nice start.

Nathan89
04-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/7440670/I-dont-always-make-predictions-but-when-i-do-Im-right.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Dos-Equis-Guy-gives-advice

Lakerfan should be scared.:lmao

tlongII
04-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

Killakobe81
04-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Make your predictions. Game 3 should be much more difficult to predict than game 2.

Chicago vs. Indiana
Miami vs. Philly
Dallas vs. Portland
Boston vs. New York
Lakers vs. Hornets
Orlando vs. Atlanta
Spurs vs. Grizz
Thunder vs. Nuggets

Bulls vs. Pacers

The Pacers have put up a great fight in the first to games of the series. They had game 1 in their hands but somehow let it slip away. The home crowd should help this young Pacers team but I don't think that will be enough to overcome the bull rebounding advantage. The Bulls out rebounded the Pacers by 15 in game 1 and by 24 in game 2. The ability to rebound will not go away on the road and that is the reason Bulls win game 3.

Miami vs. Philly

I think this series is going to be a sweep, the Heat just have to many weapons for the 76ers to stop.

Dallas vs. Portland

No major reason besides the home-court advantage to pick Portland to win game 3.

Boston vs. New York

Boston wins due to the injuries of New York.

Lakers vs. Hornets

I'm calling it now the Bees will win game 3.

Tonight I was disappointed in the aggressiveness of Chris Paul. He really let his team down because we all know he can get a high percentage shot for himself or one of his teammates every time down the court. Instead Paul was just passing it to one of his teammates and basically saying go to work. Does he really expect his team to be able to take it off the dribble and get up a good shot. I fully expect the coach to stress how important his aggression is to the offense. Paul will take in this message and the energy of the crowd to propel him to impose his will. The pick roll and isolation should be in full effect next game.

Lakerfans should be worried because NO is playing with a lot of heart out their. If there is someone who is slacking J. Jack is going to get on their case. I for one loved the passion he showed tonight by getting on his players for not getting back on D. Their heart has show on the defensive end but playing with heart does not alway boost the effectiveness of the offense. What will boost the effectiveness of the offense is going back to play at home. Role players have a tendency to play better and shoot with more confidence at home. Since NO is a team with one star and a bunch of role players the impact of the crowd is going to be huge.

As big of an impact the crowd is going to impact NO role players it is also going to some of the player on LA. Of course LA is experience but I still believe that almost anyone of their players besides Kobe is capable of being impacted to a degree by an opponents crowd.

Kobe Bryant had a stinker of a game tonight. It seems he is making a habit of playing poorly when Lakers are in a must win. Next game he will probably be overly aggressive to a fault. Forcing the issue will not benefit his team.

Yes I know Gray had poor performance but guy just had what looked like a serious injury. Two more days and he should be ready to match up with the bigs of the Lakers. Okafor needs to get his head in the game and stop committing stupid fouls and become more of a force on the offensive end. Once again hopefully playing at home helps both these guy because their play is very important for NO.

The next game will be off of one days rest a big disadvantage to the old Lakers. The table is set for another lackadaisical performance by the Lakers.

Orlando vs. Atlanta

In the past Atlanta has really looked like a different team at home. The team has and will play better at home.

Spurs vs. Grizz

Spurs will come out and take game 3 despite playing on the road against a young team. I really feel like the impact of Ginobili changed the series. He was all over Memphis on the defensive end. He shot 7-13fts last game, wasted points that he will make next game. The Spurs have gotten a lot more free-throws the first two games but this in my opinion is largely a result of a lot of stupid fouls on the part of Memphis.

Thunder vs. Nuggets

The Nuggets had game 1 taken from them by the refs. The upsetting loss in game 1 seemed to alter their performance in game 2. Going back home with the benefit of the altitude and crowd should fix any mental lapse the Nuggets have.

Keep your day job kid, what you hope or and what will happen are two entirely different things ...

DeadlyDynasty
04-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Nathan made 6 picks with his brain and 2 with his heart...Not surprising that he'll be 6-0 in the objective category, and finish 0-2 in the subjective one.

Jt.ONE
04-23-2011, 12:35 AM
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/7440670/I-dont-always-make-predictions-but-when-i-do-Im-right.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Dos-Equis-Guy-gives-advice

Lakerfan should be scared.:lmao

Game 3
LAKERS:100 NOLA:86
:lmao:lmao

Nathan89
04-23-2011, 12:56 AM
Nathan made 6 picks with his brain and 2 with his heart...Not surprising that he'll be 6-0 in the objective category, and finish 0-2 in the subjective one.

:depressed Pretty accurate statement here.

I thought NO had a decent chance but if I had to put money on it I probably would not have picked them. This was the game I thought NO had the best chance but the role players continue to not show up. I thought NO would be able to hit some 3's at home but nope they fail. If the 3 ball falls game 4 should come down to a wire.

Although I probably made the Spurs pick with my heart, I still think they have a roughly a 50 percent chance of taking that game. The game could go either way so I wasn't going to pick the Grizz. Tough battle.

:hungry: Eating Crow....Yuck

DMC
04-23-2011, 01:28 AM
:chestbump Nice start.

I did not see Atlanta beating Orlando. I need to pay closer attention to those teams.

Boston..eh.. I thought NY would lean on HC and Melo would actually show up. I figured it would at least be close, but I should have known better with a Mike D team.

Venti Quattro
04-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Memphis might pull their stinker at the fedex forum like NY did at MSG. But if SA keeps giving memphis a chance like they have done in games 1 and 2, a memphis stinker may not be enough for the spurs to win

Nuggets are done. Oklahoma will go 3 up.

DMC
04-23-2011, 10:22 AM
You might be right but I wouldn't count Denver out as quickly as I would NY.

SA has a convoluted scheme right now. They seem to lack an identity since the playoffs started and they aren't sure if they want an inside out game or just isolation moves.

jeebus
04-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Spurs will win every game tonight. I guarantee it.

DMC
04-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Spurs will win every game tonight. I guarantee it.
Every one eh?

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
04-23-2011, 11:58 AM
I didn't get in on the action here but no surprise to me from the results so far.

What's left:

Spurs over Memphis. San Antonio just has too much experience and will win easily. If the Lakers can do what they're supposed to do, (Super team winning on road against a weaker team), so can the Spurs, simple as that.

OKC over Denver. Logic would say to ride home court here, but the Thunder smell blood. They don't care they don't have a lot of experience, they just go out and play hard. So does Denver, but I think their magic this year is about over.

Nick Manning
04-23-2011, 12:00 PM
^

Agreed. I see the Spurs getting a wire-to-wire win today in blowout fashion. I think Memphis takes Game 4 though. Denver's gonna win Game 3 or 4, but OKC takes it in 5

jeebus
04-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Every one eh?
Yes. Every single game tonight.

Venti Quattro
04-23-2011, 05:08 PM
You might be right but I wouldn't count Denver out as quickly as I would NY.

SA has a convoluted scheme right now. They seem to lack an identity since the playoffs started and they aren't sure if they want an inside out game or just isolation moves.

it's not just that. Sometimes they just look without identity on defense too

DMC
04-23-2011, 09:27 PM
They are holding the opponent to a low enough score, they just cannot score the ball.

I knew Memphis would win. Every time the Spurs would get within a few points, Pop would insert Bonner and the lead would grow again.

Nathan89
04-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Thought the Spurs game was a coin flip and I think it pretty much was. Grizz were 2 point favorites, so I ended up losing a little cash.