PDA

View Full Version : The Sacrifice (Article)

Thomas82
04-21-2011, 07:39 PM
The Sacrifice

This is about as much reaction as you’ll ever get out of Tim Duncan.

It’s 2011 NBA All-Star media availability day at the downtown Los Angeles’ J.W. Marriott hotel. We’re 30 minutes into the session and dozens of journalists now are surrounding Duncan’s table inside Salon F.

One of these lads asks a question with this lead-in, “A few years ago, David Robinson didn’t have this opportunity toward the end of his career to make one All-Star swan song. Do you remember that at all?”

Duncan stops fiddling with the recorders set on the table, looks up at the intruding interrogator and gives the same wide-eyed stare he saves for referees when they make bad calls.

“This is my swan song?” says Duncan, eyebrows raised. “Is that what you’re telling me?”

“I don’t know,” stammers the questioner. “I’m just saying, it’s, at this point …”

Duncan interrupts, “I don’t remember that. And I don’t know that this will be my last one or not. I’m not looking at it like that. I’m just going to enjoy it as it is in front of me.”

Duncan then eases off the gaze and turns his attention back to fiddling with the voice recorders set on the table.

A few minutes later, another daring soul tip-toes in, asking about the age-old age subject, saying, “What I mean is, because you don’t know, this could be in some ways a last chance. Your last real good shot.”

http://www.nba.com/hoop/lowpost/the_sacrifice_2011_04_14.html

Mark in Austin
04-21-2011, 08:38 PM
nice read. but the author pussied out by not addressing Pop's refusal to play Splitter.

Russ
04-21-2011, 08:43 PM
nice read. but the author pussied out by not addressing Pop's refusal to play Splitter.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

DMC
04-21-2011, 08:46 PM

Fantastic!

thOOdee
04-21-2011, 08:49 PM
true dat

Thomas82
04-21-2011, 08:50 PM
nice read. But the author pussied out by not addressing pop's refusal to play splitter.

+1

k_nguyen93
04-21-2011, 08:56 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/darrylhowerton

TDfan2007
04-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Great article.

SenorSpur
04-22-2011, 12:17 AM
In the article, Pop mentioned how in year's past not developing a bench hurt the team. Well the same can be said this year about his failure to integrate Splitter, after it was obvious that he was both healthy and productive.