PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a Parker hater eventhough I am Ginobili fan

ginobili fan
04-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Parker is my second favorite player beside ginobili but I'm very unhappy with Tony's performance these playoffs.
It seems that he's lost confidence and his jumshot.
Come on where did it go?
few years ago he was an elite player,killing everyone and today he's playing like an average NBA PG starter.
He isn't playing injured unlike Ginobili but I can't see any bright spot in his game the last games...He's missing even the layups he used to make,and It seems he again shooting with bad form...Where all the hard work he had on his shooting did go?Now he is supposed to be Franchise but he's not even the 3rd best player right now...

mathbzh
04-22-2011, 06:52 AM
few years ago he was an elite player,killing everyone and today he's playing like an average NBA PG starter.

Few weeks ago people would claim this was arguably Parker's best season.
Last 10 games: 18.4 pts (50%) 6.5 ast in 32 minutes.

Two average games does not make him an "average NBA PG starter".

Fireball
04-22-2011, 07:02 AM
The above average Parker will appear rather sooner that later ... on the road the Big Three will have to take even more work on their shoulders to be successful ...

gilmor
04-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Parker is my second favorite player beside ginobili but I'm very unhappy with Tony's performance these playoffs.
It seems that he's lost confidence and his jumshot.
Come on where did it go?
He isn't playing injured unlike Ginobili but I can't see any bright spot in his game the last games...He's missing even the layups he used to make,and It seems he again shooting with bad form...Where all the hard work he had on his shooting did go?Now he is supposed to be Franchise but he's not even the 3rd best player right now...

Does it make you happy when Kobe scored only 11 points (only 1 point less than Parker) and Lakers still won? He is definitely not your average NBA SG starter

portnoy1
04-22-2011, 07:50 AM
When Ginobili is playing and being the natural facilitator he is, it allows Parker to be the scorer he naturally is. When Ginobili is out, Parker has trouble trying to be a pass-first facilitating type pg and the chemistry is messed up. Thats what happen in game 1, he got his but the offense just seemed off. In game 2 he did a good job making decisions in the first half, piss poor in the final minute though. He'll be alright and back to slashing and hopefully get a high percentage 20-25pts in game 3.

mathbzh
04-22-2011, 07:57 AM
When Ginobili is playing and being the natural facilitator he is, it allows Parker to be the scorer he naturally is. When Ginobili is out, Parker has trouble trying to be a pass-first facilitating type pg and the chemistry is messed up. Thats what happen in game 1, he got his but the offense just seemed off. In game 2 he did a good job making decisions in the first half, piss poor in the final minute though. He'll be alright and back to slashing and hopefully get a high percentage 20-25pts in game 3.

I have to disagree. Parker has a history of playing great without when Ginobili is out.
He had two average/bad games... it happens.

Edit: I could agree with you about the clutch time in game one though.
With Ginobili out Parker did not look comfortable to say the least.

Taco
04-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Where is Speedy Claxton when we need him ! :lol

Pauleta14
04-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Where is Speedy Claxton when we need him ! :lol

:lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-22-2011, 08:46 AM
What the? Pick a side fence sitter! Next thing you know we'll see a thread in the Political Forum about how someone's a Republican but doesn't think that all Democrats should be beaten with a sock full of nickels. The damn world's gone soft.

Juggity
04-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Parker's fine. He's just had a bad stretch of three or four. A couple weeks ago, When Ginobili was slumping Parker looked like the only asset this team had, he was just unstoppable. Give him a couple games, he'll be back to normal

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2011, 11:07 AM
church of ginoboli lmao

portnoy1
04-22-2011, 11:17 AM
church of ginoboli lmao
Nah, Parker is just having a bad stretch. Its funny; when Parker has trouble and someone calls him out, that makes them part of the church of Ginobili. Bottom line is that the Spurs need all of them to win right now. Everyone on the team has a role. For Parker (score) For Manu (a little bit of everything) thats it in a nutshell.