http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img7958799.jpg

Defensive Player of the Year

combs84
06-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Offensive foul. Is it not?

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Offensive foul. Is it not?

Getting posterized does not constitute a foul. You're looking at the contact after Duncan took it right at the alleged DPOY.

combs84
06-07-2005, 02:19 PM
No, actually I remember that play and was screaming for a Offensive Foul.

Don;t make me post a picture of Duncan laying on our home floor crying his eyes out :). Now thats ownage ;).

NoMoneyDown
06-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Don;t make me post a picture of Duncan laying on our home floor crying his eyes out :). Now thats ownage ;).

You mean after he twisted his ankle? Yeah, some ownage. :rolleyes

HULKAROCK
06-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Ben will shave a pistons Emblem in Duncan's Chia Pet head of his when it's all through. He was just warming up with the Jolly Black Giant

spur219
06-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Oh come on. When he sprained his ankle. Detroit showed some class though. It showed great respect when they paid for the fly home for Tim Duncan.

sa_butta
06-07-2005, 02:23 PM

Don;t make me post a picture of Duncan laying on our home floor crying his eyes out :). Now thats ownage ;).That is not ownage if you are talking about when he got hurt from a sprained ankle jackass. That shit hurts.

http://g.sheetmusicplus.com/Look-Inside/covers/WB-PVM03015.jpg

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Ben will shave a pistons Emblem in Duncan's Chia Pet head of his when it's all through. He was just warming up with the Jolly Black Giant

Sort of like that hole in 'Sheed's 'do?

tim_duncan_fan
06-07-2005, 02:24 PM
the only way detroit can beat a REAL contender is when the other teams players are injured or suspended. To them that is ownage.(See wins over Indiana and the Spurs)

combs84
06-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Yea, some media around here were outraged after Davidson let the Spurs use their private jet to get Duncan home. I'm not sure why. Joe Dumars has already tried his hardest to go out of his way and do the classy move. And when Tim Duncan is a FA later in his career, hopefully he remembers that ;).

spvrs
06-07-2005, 02:25 PM
is that the play that 'sheed shuffled under TD to cause the injury? that's the xfactor... those guys are dirty

combs84
06-07-2005, 02:26 PM
the only way detroit can beat a REAL contender is when the other teams players are injured or suspended. To them that is ownage.(See wins over Indiana and the Spurs)

OK, and what about your disposal of the Suns with Joe Johnson banged up?

Not giving us credit because of injuries is very classless. We have proved ourselves for 3 years in a row and don't give a damn about what people like you think.

SPARKY

Getting beat by your man and dunked on is not an offensive foul. Incidental contact after your man has dunked on you is not an offensive foul.

I hope the Pistons think the alleged DPOY can guard TD straight up.

tim_duncan_fan
too bad their fans arent as classy as the pistons organization

Experiment2100
06-07-2005, 02:28 PM
is that the play that 'sheed shuffled under TD to cause the injury? that's the xfactor... those guys are dirty

Actually it was Rasho's foot. He also gave away the ball when we were down by 1 possesion so he cost us the game twice that day.

tim_duncan_fan
06-07-2005, 02:28 PM
hey combs what happened when johnson came back? Did we or did we not beat them 2 out of the 3 games he played?

Yeah. Go ahead and shut up now.

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 02:29 PM
And when Tim Duncan is a FA later in his career, hopefully he remembers that ;).

I think his unborn kid will be in school then....:lol

Injuries be damned, who has the trophy after it's all said and done is the champ.

combs84
06-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Getting beat by your man and dunked on is not an offensive foul. Incidental contact after your man has dunked on you is not an offensive foul.

I hope the Pistons think the alleged DPOY can guard TD straight up.

Rasheed Wallace will be guarding Tim Duncan. And we are very happy with that matchup.

combs84
06-07-2005, 02:30 PM
hey combs what happened when johnson came back? Did we or did we not beat them 2 out of the 3 games he played?

Ok, and Shaq played every game..and Wade missed all of 1 game. And JO missed how many games?? And I should shut up?

sa_butta
06-07-2005, 02:30 PM
http://www.freep.com/art/2004/nov/20/piston.jpg
OWNED

spvrs
06-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Actually it was Rasho's foot.

it was Rasheeds

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Rasheed Wallace will be guarding Tim Duncan. And we are very happy with that matchup.

:lol

HULKAROCK
06-07-2005, 02:33 PM
It's the Spurs over confidence and their fans over confidence that will be their demise. History tends to repeat itself.

tim_duncan_fan
06-07-2005, 02:35 PM
yes combs you should. My point was you guys only decicsively beat teams when some of their main peices are gone. And yeah JJ was gone for 2 games and Rashard was gone for most of the seattle series.
But as far as the seattle series they were obviously harder to beat when Rashard wasn't playing and for the sun series we still beat them most of the time when Johnson played but when yall play a full team its an automatic L.

sa_butta
06-07-2005, 02:36 PM
If I remember correctly Pistons and Spurs have not History?

sa_butta
06-07-2005, 02:36 PM
If I remember correctly Pistons and Spurs have no History?

combs84
06-07-2005, 02:42 PM
yes combs you should. My point was you guys only decicsively beat teams when some of their main peices are gone. And yeah JJ was gone for 2 games and Rashard was gone for most of the seattle series.
But as far as the seattle series they were obviously harder to beat when Rashard wasn't playing and for the sun series we still beat them most of the time when Johnson played but when yall play a full team its an automatic L.

Thanks for proving my point for me. Bash us all you want, both teams are here and both teams deserve to be here.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 02:44 PM
It's the Spurs over confidence and their fans over confidence that will be their demise. History tends to repeat itself.

...and Pistons fans aren't overconfident? Ha.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Pistons have had rasheed for ~1.5 seasons and they think they know all about him and his tendencies and his strengths and weaknesses

fact is

we've seen rasheed play in the playoffs far more than you have

Experiment2100
06-07-2005, 02:47 PM
it was Rasheeds

It was Rasho

Cant_Be_Faded
06-07-2005, 02:48 PM
I remember it being rasheeds foot

The_Game
06-07-2005, 02:50 PM

RASHARD LEWIS AND RADMANOVIC RING A BELL?

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 02:53 PM
RASHARD LEWIS AND RADMANOVIC RING A BELL?

The only bell that they're ringing is the one tied to their fishing line.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 02:56 PM
The Sonics actually matched up better against the Spurs without their long, lanky forwards. Something that should give some pause to overconfident Piston fan.

baseline bum
06-07-2005, 02:58 PM
If I remember correctly Pistons and Spurs have no History?

David got his quadruple-double against Detroit, and the Spurs basically traded Bill Curley to them for Rodman, so the Spurs have a history of screwing Detroit.

spvrs
06-07-2005, 02:59 PM
http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/print.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_beyondthearc/archives/print054619.html
Beyond the Arc

Monday, March 21, 2005

Spurs rolled
In a variety of ways, the Pistons/Spurs clash Sunday didn't go as planned.

For all intents and purposes, the Spurs played without Tim Duncan, who rolled severely sprained his ankle after stepping on Rasheed Wallace's foot less than two minutes in, forcing him to miss the rest of the game.:

dude if you watched the game you'd know. Rasheed shuffled under Duncan

why do you think Duncan was holding on the rim looking down after a dunk for the first five games after the injury... he was afraid some other dick would do the same thing. it's going to effect his game

Cant_Be_Faded
06-07-2005, 03:03 PM
The Sonics actually matched up better against the Spurs without their long, lanky forwards. Something that should give some pause to overconfident Piston fan.

LOL good point Sparkster

sa_butta
06-07-2005, 03:04 PM
David got his quadruple-double against Detroit, and the Spurs basically traded Bill Curley to them for Rodman, so the Spurs have a history of screwing Detroit.Sean ElliottTraded by the Spurs with David Wood to the Detroit Pistons for Dennis Rodman and Isaiah Morris on 10/1/93....Traded by the Pistons to the Houston Rockets for Robert Horry, Matt Bullard and two second-round draft picks on 2/4/94; trade voided when Elliott failed physical on 2/7/94....Re-signed by the Pistons on 7/18/94....Traded by the Pistons to the Spurs for the draft rights to Bill Curley and a 1997 second-round draft choice on 7/19/94.

GrandeDavid
06-07-2005, 03:55 PM
That is now some phat ass wallpaper.

T Park
06-07-2005, 04:20 PM

Ahh.

Nice.

So the defensive player of the year WONT guard the other team's best player???

Hmm, so that means, his award is.... bogus???

Nahhhhhh

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 04:27 PM

If you really believe the fans have that kind of effect over the outcome of a game....you are stupid. And you don't know that the Spurs are overconfident so don't lie and act like you do.

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 04:28 PM
If you really believe the fans have that kind of effect over the outcome of a game....you are stupid. And you don't know that the Spurs are overconfident so don't lie and act like you do.

Well, they got 3 major players from their main rival suspended/expunged from the league!:lol

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 04:29 PM
:lmao

ok...there is that!

Xolotl
06-07-2005, 04:31 PM
David got his quadruple-double against Detroit, and the Spurs basically traded Bill Curley to them for Rodman, so the Spurs have a history of screwing Detroit.

Are you sure about that Baseline?? I thought David dropped that hammer against the Clippers or Bucks, but I could be mistaking. Oh am I thinking about the game where we scored like 70 to rip the scoring title from Shaq?

Xolotl
06-07-2005, 04:33 PM

Their fans my get people suspended but the Coyote got tossed out of a game. I bet Detroit can't say the same thing about their mascot. BTW, what is Detroits mascot?

combs84
06-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Ahh.

Nice.

Nahhhhhh

Or it could just mean that Rasheed Wallace is a better matchup considering hes more athletic and actually plays the Power Forward Position.

Obi wan Ginobili
06-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Their fans my get people suspended but the Coyote got tossed out of a game. I bet Detroit can't say the same thing about their mascot. BTW, what is Detroits mascot?

It's a guy with a skimask and a crowbar.

Experiment2100
06-07-2005, 04:59 PM

Just because he is there every game doesn't mean he's the Mascot, he's just looking for a free car.

Supreme Allah
06-07-2005, 06:58 PM
looks like Duncans giving it to Wallace from the back. Reminds me of prison.

Sense
06-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Ahh.

Nice.

Nahhhhhh

I think it is...most centers in this league can be stoppable and or are not an offensive threat...

Bowen takes out some of the best players in the NBA...

I think the award should've gone elsewhere, considering the Spurs were a better defensive team all year.

geerussell
06-07-2005, 07:25 PM

You won't find a pair of forwards longer than Rasheed and lankier than Prince.

Good vote of confidence for the pistons there.

foodie2
06-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Sort of like that hole in 'Sheed's 'do?

Seriously, what is that hole?

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
looks like Duncans giving it to Wallace from the back. Reminds me of prison.

Fond memories for you?

admack
06-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Rasheed is just as good a defender as Tim Duncan and he made first team all defense.
Why wasnt Sheed on the list you ask?
My reply; Dont ask me but he had just as many steals, blocks, and rebounds as your boy Bowen but his name just isnt there. I wonder if his reputation has anything to do with it.
Ask T.D. who plays the best defense against him and I'm sure the list will start with Rasheed.
In fact out of this whole series I dont see Tim averaging more than 20 points a game against the champs and four of those points will be free-throws.
================================================== ========
:fro FEAR THE FRO IN SAN ANTONIO! :fro

sa_butta
06-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Seriously, what is that hole?I thought it was a patch of white hairs.

Gatita
06-08-2005, 01:57 PM

:lmao

ambchang
06-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Rasheed is just as good a defender as Tim Duncan and he made first team all defense.
Why wasnt Sheed on the list you ask?
My reply; Dont ask me but he had just as many steals, blocks, and rebounds as your boy Bowen but his name just isnt there. I wonder if his reputation has anything to do with it.
Ask T.D. who plays the best defense against him and I'm sure the list will start with Rasheed.
In fact out of this whole series I dont see Tim averaging more than 20 points a game against the champs and four of those points will be free-throws.

No question Wallace is an amazing defender who can guard inside and out, and Duncan did mention Wallace as one of the toughest defenders on him, but he also mentioned Garnett and Camby, but see what Duncan did to Camby in the first round with two bad ankles.
Granted the Nuggets doesn't have the team defense of the Pistons, but to suggest that Rasheed Wallace has some kind of super powers that can stop Duncan one-on-one is underestimating TD's abilities.

Supreme Allah
06-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Fond memories for you?

Prison was hard, but if I would never change not going. In prison I found allah.

whottt
06-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Duncan admitted a long time ago that the guy that defended him the best was none other than Robert Horry...Not Rasheed Wallace...Must have had something to do with the 9 point and 10 TO games he had against the Lakers in 01 and 02.

Wallace plays him well some of the time...and other times he lights Sheed the fuck up for an entire season.

In any case...I'm glad you guys will be happy with Sheed guarding Duncan...we'll be equally happy to see your defensive anchor camped out 20 feet from the basket guarding Horry...making your paint look very appetizing to our slashing guards...

Sense
06-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Duncan admitted a long time ago that the guy that defended him the best was none other than Robert Horry...Not Rasheed Wallace...Must have had something to do with the 9 point and 10 TO games he had against the Lakers...

Wallace plays him well some of the time...and other times he lights Sheed the fuck up for an entire season.

In any case...I'm glad you guys will be happy with Sheed guarding Duncan...we'll be equally happy to see your defensive anchor camped out 20 feet from the basket guarding Horry...making your paint look very appetizing to our slashing guards...

I'll also be happy to see Duncan on Sheed...

I think the moron has taken it over the top to take it personal because of the ACC "rivalry" they had...

Personally I really hope Tim Duncan goes at him, like when he's pissed.

I'd love to see that.

MainEvent
06-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Actually, it would make more sense for Ben to guard the starting center, Nazr, than guard a guy sitting on the bench. Otherwise it would be like 5 on 4.

If you're actually referring to when Horry comes in the game, well, guess what, they are allowed to switch players. At that time I would expect Sheed or McDyess to take horry and Ben to move over to Duncan.

whottt
06-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Actually...you should watch a Spurs game sometime. Robert Horry will be the one in there in the 4th. The only thing he won't do that a starter does is get his name announced with the starters at the beginning of the game...but some people have to find things out the hard way.

MainEvent
06-09-2005, 11:47 AM
And thus the switching. See how that works? Just because Sheed will probably start the game out on Duncan doesn't mean putting Horry in the game draws Ben away from the basket.