PDA

View Full Version : Noah: Rose League's Best Closer

Ace
04-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Derrick Rose scored the go-ahead basket in the closing seconds of Game 2 against the Indiana Pacers.

"We got the best closer in the world," Bulls center Joakim Noah said. "And everybody knows it. And they know it. And we know it. And their coach knows it. And they say it, too. They have no problem saying it. And we all know it, so that's definitely gives confidence to our team."

Rose, the favorite to win the MVP award, gives his team confidence even when he isn't playing well, as was the case in Game 3.

"Right now, he is the best closer in the world," Bulls guard Kyle Korver said. "He wants the ball. He knows he can get a shot off. It doesn't matter what has happened the whole game. Great players are able to do that, come through when the team really needs you. And he's done that all year. He's He's hit so many big shots this year ... He's 22 years old. It's pretty special. I'm definitely glad he's on my team."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213276/Noah_Rose_League%EF%BF%BDs_Best_Closer

picc84
04-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Probably.

Giuseppe
04-22-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm hoping the Celtics settles this little fucker's hash.

I wouldn't be opposed to the Heat having to though.

Bottom line:::I want this fuck beat.

Ace
04-22-2011, 10:15 AM

I agree, regular season success has people vastly overeating this team.

DJ Mbenga
04-22-2011, 11:05 AM
korver is probably a better closer. he makes everything in the 4th

Reck
04-22-2011, 11:12 AM
In the world? What a biased fag.

He has been the best closer this season, yes. But hold your horses, one good year doesn't make your career.

The Gemini Method
04-22-2011, 11:33 AM
The only thing Joakim Noah knows about closing is that anyone that takes a look at that mug must then instantly close their eyes to hold back the swelling of fluids from such a gander.

Frenzy
04-22-2011, 12:04 PM
The only thing Joakim Noah knows about closing is that anyone that takes a look at that mug must then instantly close their eyes to hold back the swelling of fluids from such a gander.

7/10 :lol

Would have been higher if not for "gander"

gaKNOW!blee
04-22-2011, 12:06 PM
lol

pDvbTrE8VBo

ChrisRichards
04-22-2011, 12:08 PM
I still put Wade above Rose. He's playing out of his mind right now. I still don't think he deserves regular season MVP but if there is a Playoff MVP, its Derrick Rose no doubt about that now.

The Gemini Method
04-22-2011, 12:19 PM
7/10 :lol

Would have been higher if not for "gander"

I ran out of creativity at the final word...what would you recommend lol.

leemajors
04-22-2011, 12:20 PM
It's amazing that TNT's shitty marketing gimmick for a shitty show has caught on.

tlongII
04-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Rose is pretty damn good. Personally I like the Bulls and would root for them over anyone else in the East.

hitmanyr2k
04-22-2011, 12:41 PM
lol

pDvbTrE8VBo

Failure makes the good ones want to get better. This year Rose missed a game tying free throw against the Clippers in December and it stuck with him. At the time he missed that free throw he was shooting about 76% from the foul line...not bad but not automatic either. Since that miss? 89% foul shooter the rest of the year even with his attempts increasing as the year went along. He learns from his mistakes pretty good. I hope he learned his lesson last night to stop with the low percentage chucking. If he had played a smarter game they wouldn't have needed any "closing".

Axe Murderer
04-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Failure makes the good ones want to get better. This year Rose missed a game tying free throw against the Clippers in December and it stuck with him. At the time he missed that free throw he was shooting about 76% from the foul line...not bad but not automatic either. Since that miss? 89% foul shooter the rest of the year even with his attempts increasing as the year went along. He learns from his mistakes pretty good. I hope he learned his lesson last night to stop with the low percentage chucking. If he had played a smarter game they wouldn't have needed any "closing".

http://www.moviedownfree.com/picz/mov_hitman.jpg

http://www.iln.org.uk/iln_years/year/images/specials/year2000.jpg

JoeTait75
04-22-2011, 12:51 PM
lol

pDvbTrE8VBo

Hakeem missed a free throw at the end of the '83 NCAA title game that would have helped seal the game for Houston. Does that mean he couldn't close.

Noah is backing his teammate. Nothing to see here.

04-22-2011, 02:07 PM
i have nothing against rose except for the fact that he might be as dumb as a brick in real life. but basketball wise, he's a good player and a legitimate all star. however, he's no MVP and it would be a travesty to give him the award after one good season. rose has a bright future ahead of him but he's proven nothing.

he's not as good as a prime lebron, prime kobe, prime duncan, prime garnett, or prime nash. he's not even as good as howard, chris paul, or wade. without the refs letting rose shoot so many free throws, he and chicago would have been exposed. he's a creation of the media and the nba and could easily fade away like iverson. voters should remember that all MVPs have been inducted into the hall of fame. to give rose an automatic way in at the age of 22 is not a good decision. many players have one above average season but then quickly revert back to normal levels. rose could very well do the same.

hitmanyr2k
04-22-2011, 02:19 PM
i have nothing against rose except for the fact that he might be as dumb as a brick in real life. but basketball wise, he's a good player and a legitimate all star. however, he's no MVP and it would be a travesty to give him the award after one good season. rose has a bright future ahead of him but he's proven nothing.

he's not as good as a prime lebron, prime kobe, prime duncan, prime garnett, or prime nash. he's not even as good as howard, chris paul, or wade. without the refs letting rose shoot so many free throws, he and chicago would have been exposed. he's a creation of the media and the nba and could easily fade away like iverson. voters should remember that all MVPs have been inducted into the hall of fame. to give rose an automatic way in at the age of 22 is not a good decision. many players have one above average season but then quickly revert back to normal levels. rose could very well do the same.

No shit Captain Obvious. The guy is in his 3rd year. He's not supposed to be as good as those guys in their primes :lol He could do this in the future and he could do that...doesn't matter. It matters what he's done this year. It's not his fault all the other stars didn't measure up this season. There's no other players who need a lifetime achievement award this year (ala Kobe in 2008) so Rose is gonna be it. He put in the work. He deserves it.

Muser
04-22-2011, 02:23 PM

Why don't you like him?

Giuseppe
04-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Why don't you like him?

I don't like anybody interlopin' on the tried & true. Just keep it amongst ourselves. You're there too, Muse. As much as I dislike ya's, I won't begrudge if it takes place. I'll rant, I'll rave, I'll make a complete & utter ass of myself at Spur's ringage, but, I won't begrudge. Same thing with Boston. I've cleared 'em. But, I don't want any newcomer's. None.

04-22-2011, 02:28 PM
No shit Captain Obvious. The guy is in his 3rd year. He's not supposed to be as good as those guys in their primes :lol He could do this in the future and he could do that...doesn't matter. It matters what he's done this year. It's not his fault all the other stars didn't measure up this season. There's no other players who need a lifetime achievement award this year (ala Kobe in 2008) so Rose is gonna be it. He put in the work. He deserves it.
give rose the mvp now and you're essentially elevating him into this category, not to mention a free pass into the hall of fame.

hitmanyr2k
04-22-2011, 03:00 PM
give rose the mvp now and you're essentially elevating him into this category, not to mention a free pass into the hall of fame.

What can I say? I'm not going to act like he doesn't deserve it this year. I've watched him improve. I've watched him win games in the end that the Bulls should have lost. Will he be the weakest MVP ever? Probably :lol 22 year old 3rd year players aren't supposed to be winning MVP. But that says more about the league than it does Rose. Any star could have taken it this year if they had performed to expectations. If Dirk hadn't gone down with injury and the Mavs didn't falter down the stretch perhaps he could have been MVP. If Ginobili stayed consistent with his earlier play maybe he could have been MVP. If Dwight Howard showed up in 4th qtrs and lead his teams to wins instead of disappearing maybe he could have been MVP. If Wade, Lebron, and Kobe hadn't lead their teams to multiple losing streaks in embarrassing fashion during the season perhaps they could have been MVP. They all fucked up in a way and rolled out the red carpet to Rose. He shouldn't have to apologize for it.

daspurs
04-22-2011, 03:28 PM
lol i cant wait until those niggas get knocked out the playoffs .

mavsfan1000
04-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I still put Wade above Rose. He's playing out of his mind right now. I still don't think he deserves regular season MVP but if there is a Playoff MVP, its Derrick Rose no doubt about that now.
:lmao at Heat fans. You have Wade and Lebron and the Bulls are still better than you.

Killakobe81
04-22-2011, 03:39 PM
What can I say? I'm not going to act like he doesn't deserve it this year. I've watched him improve. I've watched him win games in the end that the Bulls should have lost. Will he be the weakest MVP ever? Probably :lol 22 year old 3rd year players aren't supposed to be winning MVP. But that says more about the league than it does Rose. Any star could have taken it this year if they had performed to expectations. If Dirk hadn't gone down with injury and the Mavs didn't falter down the stretch perhaps he could have been MVP. If Ginobili stayed consistent with his earlier play maybe he could have been MVP. If Dwight Howard showed up in 4th qtrs and lead his teams to wins instead of disappearing maybe he could have been MVP. If Wade, Lebron, and Kobe hadn't lead their teams to multiple losing streaks in embarrassing fashion during the season perhaps they could have been MVP. They all fucked up in a way and rolled out the red carpet to Rose. He shouldn't have to apologize for it.

Obviously hitman is biased but he makes good points. And though I agree paul has elevated himself back over dwill ...he is not a better player than Rose. Paul was great in that win in Game 1 but Rose has been doing this all year long. Though I do think he is a bit young, as Hitman pints out ... none of the vets made a real strong argument that can not be critiqued.

Lebron and howard have better stats but in the national TV games going head2head. against rose they came up short. yes Lebron and Howard and others might be better players, but it doesnt mean they had a better year. Rose is deserving. Cases can be made for the other guys but for me, it's Rose.

daspurs
04-22-2011, 03:40 PM
:lmao at Heat fans. You have Wade and Lebron and the Bulls are still better than you.

You have dirk nobalski and no ring . Chokers .

Giuseppe
04-22-2011, 03:41 PM
If Rose can beat Rondo, I'll stand down.

Muser
04-22-2011, 03:42 PM
I don't mind the bulls, I just don't want Boozer to win a ring.

Killakobe81
04-22-2011, 03:43 PM
If Rose can beat Rondo, I'll stand down.

Cully you my boy, but what does THAT have to do with a regular season award? He beat him in the regular season ...

And Rondo has played well against the knicks since Billups went down, but he is not better than rose.

hitmanyr2k
04-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't mind the bulls, I just don't want Boozer to win a ring.

I didn't either until this year. I have no choice but to root for that clown :lol

Killakobe81
04-22-2011, 03:51 PM
I didn't either until this year. I have no choice but to root for that clown :lol

Never much cared for him either and he was so hit or miss against the Lakers in the playoffs, mostly miss ...on second thought, I will miss him :lol

he was always good at missing shots under the basket come playoff time ...plus he does playbyplay on all of his misses, (aww he got my arm!!!) every make (AND 1!!!) and every rebound (give me THAT!!!)

Plus he is a Dukie ...

Giuseppe
04-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Cully you my boy, but what does THAT have to do with a regular season award? He beat him in the regular season ...

And Rondo has played well against the knicks since Billups went down, but he is not better than rose.

Nothing. I don't do "awards." I just wanted to cite my belief that Rose is only better than Rondo if he beats him, OR, if they don't meet, Rose then proceeds to ring.

SomeCallMeTim
04-22-2011, 04:19 PM

I agree with this. He has improved his game in a lot of ways. Kind of ridiculous to hang the NCAA title game on him forever. Missing FTs is one thing... not exactly in the realm of calling a timeout when your team has none.

picc84
04-22-2011, 04:43 PM
If Rose isn't the mvp, who is? Lebron? :lol

Only one with even an argument is Howard.

Ghazi
04-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Rose >>>> Rondo

Stop fooling yourself Cully

Giuseppe
04-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Rose >>>> Rondo

Stop fooling yourself Cully

I just wanna see it. If I see it I'll cite it.

It's my religion.

Otherwise, Rondo is tops.

JamStone
04-22-2011, 05:39 PM
If he played for the Heat, Spoelstra would probably rank him the third best closer:

1. Eddie House
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Derrick Rose
4. LeBron James