PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Insight, man

Fred Silva
04-22-2011, 12:03 PM
This is the most interesting thing I've written this year. "Everything Returns to the Mean." http://wp.me/p1vzbv-O

TimmehC
04-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Hey, you're still alive! Matt Bonner says hi.

Fred Silva
04-22-2011, 08:59 PM
I feel like everyone is finally understanding my hate for Bonner. All it took was DeJuan to amplify his weaknesses.

spurs10
04-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Enjoyed the read. Hope you are right and we have a much better offensive night. Go Spurs!!

DMC
04-23-2011, 12:46 AM
I've been calling Bonner a turd since he came here. I've just been doing it on other forums.

Cessation
04-23-2011, 12:57 AM
I've been calling Bonner a turd since he came here. I've just been doing it on other forums.

Quality post.

Fireball
04-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Spurs indeed are due for a game where the offense is clicking on all cylinders ...

Splits
04-23-2011, 01:24 AM
If we can knock down a few threes in the beginning and get on a roll to open things up early, our offense could roll all game tomorrow. But it's going to have to start from the outside. Solid shooting from any combination of 3 of these players: RJ/Manu/Hill/Neal/Bonner, in their allotted minutes in the first half, and we could put a lot of pressure on them. They are not a great offensive team and try to slow it down every single trip. We gotta speed it up and shoot a lot.

Fred Silva
04-23-2011, 02:49 PM
We took care of the ball and then we turned it over too much. We played poor post defense and then we played strong post defense. Memphis shot great and then they shot poorly. Battier had weird folds in his head and he still has weird folds in his head.

It just seems that in two games, we've seen a lot of extremes. The one thing we have not seen is the Spurs shoot as well as they had all season. It's time for our shots to fall.

silverblk mystix
04-23-2011, 02:54 PM
If we can knock down a few threes in the beginning and get on a roll to open things up early, our offense could roll all game tomorrow. But it's going to have to start from the outside. Solid shooting from any combination of 3 of these players: RJ/Manu/Hill/Neal/Bonner, in their allotted minutes in the first half, and we could put a lot of pressure on them. They are not a great offensive team and try to slow it down every single trip. We gotta speed it up and shoot a lot.

Pinning your hopes in the playoffs by hoping to win --outside--then inside is a recipe for disaster.

Don't think it has ever been done...and the grizzlies strength--is taking away the 3 point shot....and on the road no less....not gonna happen.

Fred Silva
04-23-2011, 03:04 PM
I think the Spurs have proven that they can win ugly against this team. We probably should have won Game 1 without our best player and obviously won Game 2 while shooting 40% and 44%, respectively. I'm not saying that we have to shoot well to win this series, just that we are due to shoot well. And if we do shoot well, it should be a much easier win. The Grizzlies will not be able to keep up with us if our shots are falling.

ohmwrecker
04-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Thank you for writing this article. I think it will clarify a lot of things for people who are easily confused when watching a basketball game. Bless you, Fred Silva.