PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Who Smoke

FuzzyLumpkins
04-22-2011, 04:27 PM
This is not to criticize wanting to smoke. I smoked for over a decade and know what it is and I refuse to be one of those bitches preaching to you what is best for you.

On 10 out by where i live they are finishing up construction on a section of the highway between La Cantera and Boerne Stage. in doing so they put down a ton of sod that was essentially straw. Fucking stupid i know.

Anyway it caught fire today and most of it went up in smoke. luckily it was in the center and not on the edges so it was contained and never became an issue.

thing is we have had about 2 inches of rain in the last several months and shit is all dried out. When you throw your butts out that shit is tinder and its not hard to figure out how that goes.

Just be careful guys. Thats all i am asking.

ashbeeigh
04-22-2011, 04:35 PM
This is not to criticize wanting to smoke. I smoked for over a decade and know what it is and I refuse to be one of those bitches preaching to you what is best for you.

On 10 out by where i level they are finishing up construction on a section of the highway between La Cantera and Boerne Stage. in doing so they put down a ton of sod that was essentially straw. Fucking stupid i know.

Anyway it caught fire today and most of it went up in smoke. luckily it was in the center and not on the edges so it was contained and never became an issue.

thing is we have had about 2 inches of rain in the last several months and shit is all dried out. When you throw your butts out that shit is tinder and its not hard to figure out how that goes.

Just be careful guys. Thats all i am asking.

fify

and I agree. I got caught by one at 1604/35 where it open up into one lane and it was horrible.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-22-2011, 04:36 PM
fify

and I agree. I got caught by one at 1604/35 where it open up into one lane and it was horrible.

yeah good point. been a long fucking week.

ashbeeigh
04-22-2011, 05:18 PM
yeah good point. been a long fucking week.

:) We've all been there. At least it's Friday.

Drachen
04-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Wasn't me.... Three weeks today and counting!!!

Dex
04-22-2011, 05:35 PM
One time my friend flicked out his cigarette in what seemed like a patch of dirt near the corner of his house. He said he even remembers thinking, "I should probably get that", but didn't think anything would come of it.

Around 20 minutes later, I'm chilling in the living room when he busts out from the back yelling "THE FUCKING HOUSE IS ON FIRE!" Sure enough, we run to the back porch and the bottom corner of his house and a portion of the wooden deck are going up in flames.

I ran inside and started using trashcans as buckets to pull water from the nearby bathroom, while my friend dragged a hose around from the front and doused what I couldn't get to. We were fortunately able to put out the fire completely, but it was probably minutes away from being a total loss.

You think that shit can't happen....but it does.

ManuBalboa
04-22-2011, 05:42 PM
I was at the stop light yesterday and saw some 50 yr old man sitting at a bus stop while proceeding to throw his cig on the grass. :bang Enjoy the lung cancer asshole.

Dex
04-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Wasn't me.... Three weeks today and counting!!!

:tu

1 year and counting here. Don't even think about it anymore.

DMC
04-22-2011, 06:28 PM
My friend lives right out there near you. That's a fucked up place to be in rush hour.

I hate people who have ashtrays but throw their shit out the window. I want to get ahead of them and throw a tire out the window.

baseline bum
04-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Why the hell is it socially acceptable to litter only when it's a cigarette butt? How hard it is to put it in your ashtray and dump it when you get home?

SpursWoman
04-22-2011, 08:24 PM
There hasn't been an ashtray in the last 4 cars I've owned. When I used to smoke I'd keep an empty can. But July will be 4 years since I quit. :)

Strike
04-22-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't smoke when I drive. I don't want my car smelling like an ashtray. Bad enough when it smells like my nacho farts one day later.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Been two years or so for me since i quit. I never had ashtrays in my last two cars either. TBH though, i would throw the butts out the window.

I am bad I know.

I remember I would put those hanging air fresheners in the car and now thinking back of that scent mixed with stale cigarette smell, UGH!

On a side note i had a doughnut made from deep fried blueberry muffin batter today. Twas delicious.

DMC
04-23-2011, 12:30 AM
I know smokers who quit, complained later of how disgusting it was, then started back up. It's always the "I need something to do with my hands" or "I smoke when I drink" type thing.

Then there's those who just quit buying and start borrowing. They claim to have quit, they held their ground on the purchase aspect, but they just became bums instead.

It's an addiction. Tobacco should be outlawed and marijuana should be legalized. No one is throwing a joint out the window.

DesignatedT
04-23-2011, 04:11 AM
stop bitching.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-23-2011, 05:48 AM
I know smokers who quit, complained later of how disgusting it was, then started back up. It's always the "I need something to do with my hands" or "I smoke when I drink" type thing.

Then there's those who just quit buying and start borrowing. They claim to have quit, they held their ground on the purchase aspect, but they just became bums instead.

It's an addiction. Tobacco should be outlawed and marijuana should be legalized. No one is throwing a joint out the window.

Meh, if people want to live in a dumpster with a prostitute and shoot draino up their ass then that is their own business.

I hate people that try and tell others what is good or not good for them.

No smoking in your house? Its your house so its your rules.

Dont allow smoking in government owned buildings? Fine.

Ban smoking on someone else's property who wants to smoke? Fuck off.

the condescending want to be paternalism that passes for lawmaking needs to go.

jimo2305
04-23-2011, 09:21 AM
when i used to smoke regularly.. i'd always make sure i threw the butt out on the highway where there's no grass..

desflood
04-23-2011, 01:43 PM
:tu

1 year and counting here. Don't even think about it anymore.
I quit 8 years ago and still want one at least once a week. I hate you.

desflood
04-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Why the hell is it socially acceptable to litter only when it's a cigarette butt? How hard it is to put it in your ashtray and dump it when you get home?
My parents do that - ignore the car ashtray and toss the butts out the window. Bugs the sh*t out of me.

ynh
04-24-2011, 12:37 AM
I throw the shit out of the window.. I know I'm a bad person.. But I'm sure those that are complaining about that aren't people that have ever thrown a receipt on the ground as the walked out of a store.. thrown a candy wrapper on the floor.. and I'm sure they never throw their gum out the window and instead make sure to hold onto it until they can throw it in the garbage.

BTW congrats to all those that quit smoking. Very hard to do. Best I am right now is that I don't smoke at work so for about only 4 hours a day I'm smoking which adds up to about 5-6 cigarettes a day.

PM5K
04-24-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah if you're gonna do that shit do it on the South side.

lawl.