PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshal stabbed

Pistons < Spurs
04-23-2011, 07:48 AM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Details still coming into ESPN, but Dolphins WR Brandon Marshal was stabbed and taken to a hospital, where he has been in intensive care.

BruceBowenFan
04-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Wow hope the man is alright. I wonder what he got stabbed over?

Pistons < Spurs
04-23-2011, 08:02 AM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Details still sketchy but someone who knows about Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall being stabbed told ESPN, "He's going to be OK."

JamStone
04-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Wow hope the man is alright. I wonder what he got stabbed over?

Generally, something like that is over money or a woman. Or perhaps wrong place, wrong time.

I heard Chad Henne was going to try to stop it, but he got intercepted before he could do anything.

Pistons < Spurs
04-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Miami Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall is hospitalized following a stabbing, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Citing two league sources, Schefter reports that Marshall was stabbed with a knife by an unidentified woman. Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that it appears to be a domestic dispute, and that the Dolphins have been informed by doctors that Marshall is "not in imminent danger" at this point.

Acquired by the Dolphins last April from the Denver Broncos for a pair of second-round picks, including one in the 2011 NFL Draft, Marshall signed a four-year, $44.7 million contract extension.

In his first season in Miami, Marshall caught 86 passes for 1,014 yards with just three touchdowns, his lowest totals in all categories since his rookie season. According to Marshall's Twitter account, he's been working hard during the lockout, losing 19 pounds.

"Yessss! Doc Leon said I can go off my diet today. So Jimmy johns #9 hot peppers cut in half. Tonight ima lose myself," Marshall wrote early last night.

Kyle Orton
04-23-2011, 09:01 AM
:lmao:lmao what a dumbfuck. You'd think getting Darrent Williams killed woulda taught this guy a lesson about pissing people off.

jimo2305
04-23-2011, 09:17 AM
:lmao:lmao what a dumbfuck. You'd think getting Darrent Williams killed woulda taught this guy a lesson about pissing people off.

unfortunately you're not relevant enough to get made fun of when you get stabbed.. therefore there's no way you'd learn your lesson about making statements like that.. :depressed

Kyle Orton
04-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Sick burn bro. It's funny because I'm Kyle Orton!

Pistons < Spurs
04-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Dolphins Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall was stabbed by his wife with a knife Friday in the Miami area, police said Saturday. Marshall was taken to a hospital, where he remained Saturday after surgery, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Marshall's wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall, 26, was arrested Friday by the Broward County Sheriff's Office on a domestic-violence charge of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Bond was set at $7,500 and Nogami-Marshall remained in jail Saturday.

According to the police report, Nogami-Marshall told police she stabbed Marshall out of self-defense.

Brandon Marshall initially told police he slipped and fell onto a broken glass vase, but according to the report, police found no blood or evidence to substantiate that statement and said both Marshall and his wife provided little information.

Marshall, 27, was taken to Broward General Hospital by car and underwent surgery late Friday night for a stab wound to the stomach, sources told Schefter.

No vital organs were pierced in the incident, and doctors have told him that Marshall will be OK in two to three weeks, sources said.

Doctors were expected to discharge Marshall from the hospital Saturday afternoon.

"This is a very difficult time for Brandon and family, thankfully he will make a full recovery," Marshall's agents, Kennard McGuire and Harvey Steinberg, said in a statement. "We simply ask that his privacy is respected."

The Dolphins issued a statement saying: "We are aware of the report, and our thoughts are with Brandon at this time. We will look into the matter, but because we are not allowed to have any contact with any of our players we will refrain from making any further comment."

Marshall became engaged to Nogami-Campbell while in Hawaii for the 2009 Pro Bowl.

Weeks after the engagement, according to police, the couple was seen hitting and kicking each other outside Marshall's Atlanta condominium.

Charges of disorderly conduct against Marshall and Nogami-Campbell were dismissed the same day.

On Friday, emergency services were called via 911 after Marshall was stabbed but were turned away when the dispatcher offered a ride to the hospital. Instead, Marshall was taken to the hospital in a car.

According to Broward County Sheriff's public information officer Veda Coleman-Wright, Nogami-Marshall was arrested at the couple's home. Nogami-Marshall did not drive Marshall to the hospital, according to police, but it was not clear who did or who called 911.

Coleman-Wright said no press conferences or further updates are scheduled for Saturday.

The NFL and the NFL Players' Association said through spokesmen they couldn't confirm any details of the situation.

"Sorry. Don't have any info on it," NFL executive Greg Aiello said in an email to ESPN.

Marshall, acquired from the Broncos last April to become Miami's biggest offensive threat, led the Dolphins in receiving yards in 2010 with 1,014 despite missing two games with a hamstring injury.

Marshall signed a four-year deal worth $47.5 million, with $24 million guaranteed, when he joined the Dolphins.

But the offseason headlines didn't stop at his trade and big contract for Marshall last year.

With the NFL's lockout looming even then, Marshall said in August he would attempt to play in the NBA if games were canceled.

"Not pursuing -- I'm going to be on an NBA team," Marshall said. "Seriously."

The NFL lockout entered its 43rd day on Saturday.

"There's not going to be any football," Marshall predicted in August. "If there's a lockout, I have to find a job. I figure the Nuggets will be a better choice because of the welcome home cheer I'll get -- a couple of boos at first. I'm gonna get with a basketball coach and get to work, prepare for the lockout."

A fourth-round draft pick by Denver out of Central Florida in 2006, Marshall was named to the Pro Bowl with the Broncos in 2008 and 2009.

But his top-flight performance was often overshadowed by turbulence in Denver.

Marshall was suspended by the team for the entire 2009 preseason after a series of behaviors detrimental to the team. The final straw came when a Denver television station filmed Marshall walking when his teammates were running, punting a football in protest and swatting away balls during a training-camp passing drill.

Marshall was also one of the instigators of the fight that led to teammate Darrent Williams' shooting death on New Year's Eve in 2006.

And Marshall's history of arrests includes disorderly conduct, drunken driving, and a number of incidents of alleged domestic violence.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6414256

Vinnie_Johnson
04-24-2011, 12:01 AM
I hope he is going to recover and be all right. His wife is ugly as hell lose that bitch.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2011, 12:14 AM

The Chris Henry (R.I.P.) situation came to mind when I first heard about this story. Saw a special on him [Henry] a little before his death and it seemed he was at least trying to turn his life around......sad to say, but if Marshall doesn't try and do the same he may be heading for a similar fate.

Harry Callahan
04-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Crazy attracts crazy.

Trouble follows this guy - marrying a crazy violent woman is probably not a good idea for him.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Glad he's got a plan to play in the NBA during the NFL lockout. There's a guy that plans ahead. :tu

namlook
04-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Someone that knows them said they were surprised it took so long for her to stab him. Wow. What kind of asshole must he be.

The Gemini Method
04-25-2011, 04:43 PM
I mean, it isn't like Marshall is an all-around nice guy...if this happened to Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson, then yes, you can be apologetic for the guy. However, it's Brandon Marshall and it's not at all surprising.

Bukefal
04-28-2011, 05:24 AM
Now Jason Hunter smh, what's wrong with people

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6437035

Blake
05-03-2011, 04:43 PM
solid job by Miami giving up one of their testicles for Marshall.

I'd say the injury knocks him down to being the 1b or 1c best receiver in the league.

Greg Oden
05-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Marshall is retarded for not separating himself from these kind of people. He's either gonna be the best WR in football or killed before he retires.