PDA

View Full Version : It's time to get a younger, less senile coach

lefty
04-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Great rotations, Pop

Mal
04-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Use Splitter. He was better player in Spain, when he and Gasol played there...

4>0rings
04-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Every player is playing LIKE SHIT

GrandeDavid
04-23-2011, 07:12 PM
I agree. Pop is embarrassing not only himself but the organization.

Stand
04-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Bonnar hitting those two shots in game one was the worst thing that could have happened to us.

lefty
04-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Bonnar hitting those two shots in game one was the worst thing that could have happened to us.

+1

Everytime he gets hot, Pop thinks it's ok to give him more PT for a month

EIC
04-23-2011, 07:19 PM
There is an uncanny connection between the Spurs playing mysteriously badly and Bonner being on the court.

Warlord23
04-23-2011, 07:21 PM
It's just CIA Pop. He's just giving the Grizz hope before crushing them. </Pop nuthuggers>

4lifecowboy
04-23-2011, 07:22 PM
This is getting ridiculous! how the hell can you not put the guy in when we are getting abused on the interior. Can it be any worst then watch Gasol turn and shoot over Blair like he isnt even there.

ManuBalboa
04-23-2011, 07:26 PM
He got tired of long deep playoff seasons. Old people need naps.

lefty
04-23-2011, 07:38 PM
It's just CIA Pop. He's just giving the Grizz hope before crushing them. </Pop nuthuggers>
It makes sense

AlleyOopNazi
04-23-2011, 07:40 PM
splitter and any big is better than any combo we have

lefty
04-23-2011, 08:03 PM
splitter and any big is better than any combo we have
This is why any of us can replace Pop

Good sense

lefty
04-23-2011, 09:16 PM
lolololololol

DAF86
04-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Great coaching, really top notch stuff :tu

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2011, 09:22 PM
with parker and bonner on the bench late in the 4th when we clawed our way back to within striking distance, dice pulls a shoulder, so he goes and puts in these 2 turds back in...and blow our chance what we had going

Johnny RIngo
04-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Pretty obvious Pop has been riding the coattails of a top 10 HOFer. Now that Duncan's past his prime, Pop's being exposed. Should have fired him last year for Thibs.

Capt Bringdown
04-23-2011, 09:27 PM

As if that matters. Pop made the decision to roll with Bonner NO MATTER WHAT a long time ago.

How many years have we seen the same playoff performance from Bonner?

TD 21
04-23-2011, 09:28 PM
This arrogant piece of shit went and handed away what's more than likely the last chance at a championship for the player who's made him. All because he's selfish, stubborn and downright stupid.

They're not winning this series. McDyess is probably done for, it's every other day from here on out and they're having to kill themselves for every second of every game just to hang around with this team. They needed to win two of the first three. At this point, they're probably going down in six.

I knew this dumb piece of shit would be the biggest impediment to this team winning the championship this season. Talk about roster shot comings all you want, the reality is their second best and second biggest big is sitting on the bench rotting while they get destroyed in the paint by a severely limited team. And because of this dumb piece of shit, this team is going to have to live with the embarrassment that comes with being a 1 seed losing to an 8 seed.

JustinJDW
04-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Lets be honest for a second peeps, Splitter would get destroyed by Gasol and Z-Bo. I don't know why everyone is acting like he's some type of tough monster all of a sudden. At least Bonner spreads the defense and knocks down 3's. You have to pick your poison man.

Borosai
04-23-2011, 09:33 PM
If Parker plays the way he's supposed to play, the Spurs wouldn't be in this situation. However, Pop has fucked up enough. He's the boss on the court, and the team looks like shit.

noles1983
04-23-2011, 09:33 PM
wish i could get paid millions for shitting the bed like pop has

Thompson
04-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Lets be honest for a second peeps, Splitter would get destroyed by Gasol and Z-Bo. I don't know why everyone is acting like he's some type of tough monster all of a sudden. At least Bonner spreads the defense and knocks down 3's. You have to pick your poison man.

And you're basing this on the extended time you've seen him play them? When was that exactly?

Gasol played Splitter in Spain, and conceded that Splitter was better than he was (granted, Gasol may have improved). Splitter cannot play Randolph any worse than what we've been seeing; it's absolute insanity to never try him for even 1 minute against Randolph. A Splitter debacle could not look worse than what we're seeing now.

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2011, 09:40 PM

lol have u seen splitter played during the regular season? he held his ground against the leagues bigs, he made them earn their points and his body to body defense is above avg or better then blair and bonner....

he gets good position when defending, his not athletic but still if you can get away with rasho like defense, i see no reason why his not out there on the court....

lefty
04-23-2011, 09:53 PM
And you're basing this on the extended time you've seen him play them? When was that exactly?

Gasol played Splitter in Spain, and conceded that Splitter was better than he was (granted, Gasol may have improved). Splitter cannot play Randolph any worse than what we've been seeing; it's absolute insanity to never try him for even 1 minute against Randolph. A Splitter debacle could not look worse than what we're seeing now.
I agree

mingus
04-23-2011, 09:59 PM
I knew this dumb piece of shit would be the biggest impediment to this team winning the championship this season. Talk about roster shot comings all you want, the reality is their second best and second biggest big is sitting on the bench rotting while they get destroyed in the paint by a severely limited team.

+1

frustrating to watch.

ElNono
04-23-2011, 10:03 PM
I gotta say... he looked great while Timmy was in his prime...

SpurOutofTownFan
04-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Dice's injury is actually Duncan's CIA efforts to start a mutiny on board and get Splitter next game as paint mate. Book it!

SpurOutofTownFan
04-23-2011, 10:07 PM
On a more serious note, I think Pop is great coach but his micromanagement is not paying off now.

You micromanage the starters the entire season so you can freely use them in the playoffs and when the time comes you don't. That's pretty stupid - hopefully, he can get over himself and adjust the rotations accordingly. He needs to know by now that his strategy isn't working. Come on

Warlord23
04-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Rick Carlisle, then Alvin Gentry and now Lionel Hollins. Outsmarting Pop in playoff games will soon become meh for coaches. All you need to do is identify the weak link on the Spurs who Pop has a crush on, and exploit them all game long.

BOHOLANO#21
04-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Those were the reason that bastard popovich keep giving him the minutes. LOL.

lefty
04-23-2011, 10:15 PM
:lol
Those were the reason that bastard popovich keep giving him the minutes. LOL.

spurtech09
04-23-2011, 11:08 PM
:rolleyes

Strike
04-23-2011, 11:13 PM

:lmao

roycrikside
04-23-2011, 11:25 PM
The thing about all the Pop criticism is, it shouldn't be surprising. Pop himself has said a billion times that he's not that good of a coach or that smart. He doesn't think he should've ever gotten promoted from his job at Pamona. He's the first one to admit that he got lucky to have Duncan in his life.

Really, he got lucky not just with Timmy, but with Manu, Tony and even Bruce. When you have guys like that, it's not hard to just roll out the ball and look good.

MinuteByMinuteSports
04-23-2011, 11:50 PM
I don't know about y'all but I am beginning to believe that Pop is sabotaging the game because it all started when he played his guys the final game of the season when he really didn't need to. The Pop that use to care made adjustments. He also brought a big to play next to TD to ensure we had a chance ( Nazi M, F. Elson etc.)

If you shot poorly he would bench you, and his motto is now "Shoot until the ball goes in". Also he rested Timmy's in the regular season and now he doesn't even play him as much as he should?

The Pop from 2005/2007 would never settle for Bonner, and imo he wants to lose the series to get fired and coach somewhere else.

Roger Freemason Jr.
04-24-2011, 12:09 AM
I've always said that I trust Pop, and that he always has something up his sleeve, but this time.. I just don't believe that anymore. He refused to develop Splitter this season, just because our perimeter game was so golden, & he didn't want to "disrupt" anything. He started Blair, and Blair actually started to become good, getting a few consecutive double doubles, & then he benched him, & he regressed immediately after. His three guard line-up technique makes me sick. I'm done believing in Pop. The Spurs need a new coach.

MaNu4Tres
04-24-2011, 12:18 AM

tbh...:hat

toki9
04-24-2011, 12:27 AM
I've always said that I trust Pop, and that he always has something up his sleeve, but this time.. I just don't believe that anymore. He refused to develop Splitter this season, just because our perimeter game was so golden, & he didn't want to "disrupt" anything. He started Blair, and Blair actually started to become good, getting a few consecutive double doubles, & then he benched him, & he regressed immediately after. His three guard line-up technique makes me sick. I'm done believing in Pop. The Spurs need a new coach.

I think Pop's become Don Nelson/Larry Brown evil twin/hybrid

Splits
04-24-2011, 12:31 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/23/five-quick-thoughts-what-has-happened-to-tony-parker/

The injury in the fourth quarter sustained by Antonio McDyess could potentially have some serious ramifications for the Spurs. McDyess has been the most effective of the San Antonio defenders against Randolph and Marc Gasol. If he can’t play, it will alter the rotation and really limit San Antonio’s interior defense. But it might make those angry posters on the message boards and the chat rooms happy in at least one sense. Tiago Splitter might be forced to get his first playing time of the series if McDyess can’t play.

LOL angry posters!

ElNono
04-24-2011, 12:38 AM
The question is what's Tim Griffin's nickname? BRHornet45? :lol

Borosai
04-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Defense. Do you has it?

mexicanjunior
04-24-2011, 01:25 AM
I would take Bob Hill over Pop at this point...he would give Splitter some PT...

TE
04-24-2011, 01:34 AM
This arrogant piece of shit went and handed away what's more than likely the last chance at a championship for the player who's made him. All because he's selfish, stubborn and downright stupid.

They're not winning this series. McDyess is probably done for, it's every other day from here on out and they're having to kill themselves for every second of every game just to hang around with this team. They needed to win two of the first three. At this point, they're probably going down in six.

I knew this dumb piece of shit would be the biggest impediment to this team winning the championship this season. Talk about roster shot comings all you want, the reality is their second best and second biggest big is sitting on the bench rotting while they get destroyed in the paint by a severely limited team. And because of this dumb piece of shit, this team is going to have to live with the embarrassment that comes with being a 1 seed losing to an 8 seed.

With all the bullshit trolling aside and all, I share the exact frustrations.

In the most fundamental way of putting it out there: Pop is being exposed this series, and it's hilarious yet fucking excruciating at the same time.

There are no words to display my frustration right now. :bang

rwb
04-24-2011, 01:41 AM

I hate to admit I agree. The problem is he won't leave until Duncan retires, meaning Duncan retires without another ring. I think our record this year was due to the players much more than the coaching.

All season I've continued looking for signs of the "old Pop" but I swear it's been like watching someone with Alzheimer's slowly lose their faculties at times. Like it's been going on for a few years but now it's really disrupting normal life? I dunno...maybe the team is catching it too considering how they've been beating themselves as of late. But it starts from the top.

Frustrating night. I knew this series was going to be lousy and why I was praying we'd get NO instead. It's just so hard to get enthusiastic about Game 4 with the exception that potentially Dice might not play and maybe Pop will go maverick and give Splitter a shot. If not, and Parker still can't get out of his funk, it's a done deal :depressed

Capt Bringdown
04-24-2011, 01:47 AM
We're rolling with the same crew and approach that got swept by a shitty Phoenix Suns team last year. The regular season sparked hope that "this time it will be different," but such hopes are fading fast in the harsh light of the playoffs. For Pop, last year was a lesson un-learned.

Nick Manning
04-24-2011, 01:57 AM
We're rolling with the same crew and approach that got swept by a shitty Phoenix Suns team last year. The regular season sparked hope that "this time it will be different," but such hopes are fading fast in the harsh light of the playoffs. For Pop, last year was a lesson un-learned.

One could argue that Pop looked too much into last year's Phoenix series. Either that, or he just stopped watching the playoffs once he was eliminated. What else explains the culture change to a Suns-related system this year?

Capt Bringdown
04-24-2011, 02:03 AM
What else explains the culture change to a Suns-related system this year?

His estimation that he had no alternative, which has turned out to be a momentous miscalculation and missed opportunity.

ElNono
04-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Spurs have been playing this style of ball before losing to the Suns... We were just better at it this season...

DMC
04-24-2011, 11:44 AM
LOL fans expect a team to sweep the 8th seed. So you are down 2-1 and every game as been decided by only a couple of shots. Grow a pair and stop the fucking incessant whining. We are on the road, we need one game in Memphis and we can end it in SA. We might not, but all the fan suicide watches are disconcerting.

lefty
04-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Pretty much

SenorSpur
04-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Every year, the point of "getting younger" is hammered home with increasingly more emphasis. It was undeniable last year when the Suns "waxed the floor" with them. It's even more apparent in this series. Still, what good does it do to bring in younger players, when the coach STILL prefers veterans and is HELL-BENT on keeping young players on the bench and out of the rotation?

Apparently, the absoprtion of corporate knowledge doesn't come fast enough to suit him.

Whatever happens from here, there's no denying that the end has come. This roster MUST go through a major overhaul - of epic proportions. And that's just to get back to a level of contention. And it may be years before the Spurs are a legitimate contender again. The truth can no longer be concealed.