PDA

View Full Version : ...An obvious but understated point...

Cant_Be_Faded
06-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Teams the Spurs faced to get to the finals

Denver

Seattle

Phoenix

Teams the Pistons faced to get to the finals

Philadelphia

Indiana

Miami

If Philadelphia were to play Denver in a series, who would have won?

If Seattle would have played Indiana in a series, who would have won?

If Phoenix would have played an injured Miami in a series, who would have won?

From these answers you can now get a pretty good idea of what would have happened if the Spurs faced the Pistons Gauntlet of Disaster, and if the Pistons had stepped over with the big boys and played some REAL playoff teams....

The pistons and spurs are very closely matched, it really can go either way.

The spurs have been going to war ever since GAME 1 of the first round!

The pistons had to wait an entire month to finally get into a series that would test them, and even then shaq and wade were fucked up...

Pistons are going to drop the first game at LEAST and not know what hits them...then the real series will start in game 2

Pistons have not faced a team like this since the regular season....they're fucked because they are unready.

Steve Perry
06-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Yes and if the Spurs had to face the Mavericks ? you wouldn't be here either :lmao

Experiment2100
06-07-2005, 02:59 PM
If Phoenix would have played an injured Miami in a series, who would have won?

That would have been a good series, too bad ABC didn't get what they wanted. [sarcasm]

PistonFreak
06-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Pistons are going to drop the first game at LEAST and not know what hits them...then the real series will start in game 2

Pistons have not faced a team like this since the regular season....they're fucked because they are unready.

LOL......Another person who doesn't get it. Don't worry there's loads of people just like you.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Yes and if the Spurs had to face the Mavericks ? you wouldn't be here either :lmao

all it would have taken was bennett salvatore to call Mavericks ball when 1 second previous Dirk was holding the ball out of bounds

LOL

Cant_Be_Faded
06-07-2005, 03:02 PM
LOL......Another person who doesn't get it. Don't worry there's loads of people just like you.

You didn't read my post.

you guys played the philadelphia seventysixers in the first round of the playoffs and even lost one of those games!

the seventy sixers!!!!!!!

What is there not to get....you guys play in an inferior conference and the pistons are headed towards the beat down that they should have received last year

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-07-2005, 03:03 PM

Would those people happen to be everyone who isn't a Pistons homer?

How about everyone who isn't throwing a chair or cup of beer at NBA players.

How about everyone who isn't a fat tard walking onto the court looking to fight an NBA player.

Would it happen to be them?

:lol

Cant_Be_Faded
06-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Now now, BdB lets not stoop to the piston fan level :D

Experiment2100
06-07-2005, 03:04 PM
How about everyone who isn't a fat tard walking onto the court looking to fight an NBA.

Would it happen to be them?

:lol

That was the best part of the brawl J O'Neal just leveled that guy and his bag went flying.

WalterBenitez
06-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Den > Phil

Sea > Ind

Pho < Mia

Am I right?

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Pho > Mia

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 03:13 PM
none of that matters...its all about now. We Spurs fans got the same crap in 2003 when Dirk was hurt and we didn't like that either. The Spurs had no business dropping two games to Seattle...by your logic, Seattle is better than Phoenix and that is not true.

bigzak25
06-07-2005, 03:14 PM
who played who means shit. it's all out the window now.

Every game is up for grabs imo. I don't put much value in homecourt, but i'm still glad our Spurs have it. I think we'll need at least one of those last 2 home games...maybe both...

What will it come down to? same thing as always in tight games...4th qtr execution...and the only thing i'm worried about is that the Spurs got used to the Suns D. It will be tough, and it's going to come down to who has the balls to get the job done when EVERY possession counts.

With limited open 3's in this series? I don't expect alot of breathing room...and no lead is safe...we saw how detroit took it to miami yesterday when it counted and we've seen how detroit can come back from big deficits against our own Spurs, see reg season game 1 this year...As long as everyone stays healthy (knock on wood) then i'm content to let this play out and enjoy every minute along the way...

and if/when the Spurs lose a 2nd game to detroit...no jumping please.

Spurs will bring the O'brien back HOME to SA. Believe that.

nkdlunch
06-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Phoenix vs. Miami would have been a great finals. Too bad NBA doesn't have a series for 3d place :lol

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Pho > Mia

Wow. Who guards Shaq?

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Wow. Who guards Shaq?

Who guards anybody?:lol

PistonFreak
06-07-2005, 03:17 PM
You didn't read my post.

you guys played the philadelphia seventysixers in the first round of the playoffs and even lost one of those games!

the seventy sixers!!!!!!!

What is there not to get....you guys play in an inferior conference and the pistons are headed towards the beat down that they should have received last year

Say it 3 times, it will sound even better to ya. I have already said it somewhere, the Pistons (it is an issue they should get rid of) play down to their competitions level. They have had problems getting up for lousey teams all year. San Antionio IS NOT a lousey team and the Piston WILL NOT have any issues getting up for them. To judge who played who to get here is just a poor comparision.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Miami's defense isn't good enough to stop the Suns from scoring. The Suns would of ran Shaq out of the building gasping for air.

That would have been their defense.

dcole50
06-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Wow. Who guards Shaq?
who guards amare?

Experiment2100
06-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Bonfire said it best

nkdlunch
06-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Say it 3 times, it will sound even better to ya. I have already said it somewhere, the Pistons (it is an issue they should get rid of) play down to their competitions level. They have had problems getting up for lousey teams all year. San Antionio IS NOT a lousey team and the Piston WILL NOT have any issues getting up for them. To judge who played who to get here is just a poor comparision.

Pistons play down to competition's level. OK. But Spurs level is up there! Pistons will need a 10foot ladder to play UP to Spurs level.

Rick Von Braun
06-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Who guards anybody?:lol
:lmao

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smihat.gif

combs84
06-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I bet most of you people picked the miami heat to beat the Pistons. And then after we defeat them, we get the "They got an easy way to the finals". Pretty hypocritical.

Indiana and Miami are good basketball teams.

TwoHandJam
06-07-2005, 03:31 PM
I bet most of you people picked the miami heat to beat the Pistons. And then after we defeat them, we get the "They got an easy way to the finals". Pretty hypocritical.

Indiana and Miami are good basketball teams.Actually most in here picked Detroit to advance and are quite aware that Indiana and Miami are tough clubs. Pretty prejuducial of you. You can go back and check older threads if you wish. We aren't the arrogant Lakers just coming off of 3 titles.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-07-2005, 03:34 PM

Indiana and Miami are good basketball teams.

Going to 7 games with a injured Wade in the final 2.

And people who picked Miami to win were crazy... :lol :lol :lol

It went 7 GAMES! Dumbass.

It wasn't a clean sweep. It wasn't in 5. The Pistons didn't end that series looking clearly better, they ended that series barely escaping.

Spurs in 4...

bigzak25
06-07-2005, 03:37 PM
pistons would have won even with a healthy wade....imo. the guy played 40 something minutes last night...how injured could he be...and he wasn't injured in game 1 of that series...

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Combs84,

Most posters in here are pretty good w/ backing up their arguments with facts. Also, a lot of people were hoping that Miami would win because that would have made an anti-climatic final, but a majority of vbucks were bet on the pistons, including mine.

Extra Stout
06-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Philly sucked. Denver would have stomped them.

Seattle sucked. The Spurs played down to their level. Indiana would have beaten Seattle.

Miami and Phoenix... that's a pick-'em series. Miami wouldn't slow down Phoenix, but who stops Wade? Who does anything with Shaq? Who gets a hand in front of the three-point shooters? Lots of 120-115 games in that kind of series.

Disrespecting the Pistons is a sign of stupidity.

rr2418
06-07-2005, 04:08 PM

Hmmmm, lets see. Who did the Mavs lose to? Just can't recall..............................oh yeah!! I remember! They lost to the Suns! And who beat the Suns?? THE SPURS! And...................

td4mvp21
06-07-2005, 04:55 PM

I agree with you. IMO, its going to be tough to go up 2-0 on the Pistons. They always bounce back after losses.(usually) They have been here too and we shouldn't underestimate them. They were tested by Indiana. They were down 2-1. Thats a test. They had to win Game 4 on the road. They were tested by Miami, they also went down 2-1 and then had to come from behind in the fourth quarter on the road of Game 7 to win. Thats a pretty good test if you ask me. The Spurs have been tested a lot too, but so have the Pistons. Its not going to be a sweep. Five games at the least. By either team. Rasheed's mouth may get him in trouble with TD though.

Oscar DeLa
06-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Timmy Duncan has no ruth, mark my words!