PDA

View Full Version : First half thoughts

Obstructed_View
04-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Dice is way way way way better this game. Much better defense, smart rotations, fighting for rebounds, trying to block shots. Very well done.

Matt Bonner, unfortunately, has dropped back to earth.

Damn the Spurs are small.

Great job of taking the Grizzlies' best shot. We knew they were going to be amped to start the game.

Need to change the name to the San Antonio Rimouts. God damn.

No way around it: Parker's in a full blown shooting slump.

I hate to sound like Pop, but the Spurs just need to hit shots and make some more plays to get three attempts.

Ice009
04-23-2011, 07:57 PM
3 point attempts?

Oh, Gee!!
04-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Spurs look like ass

ElNono
04-23-2011, 07:58 PM
It's hard to score when the other team plays defense...

honestfool84
04-23-2011, 07:58 PM
3 point attempts. what they've been successful at ALL FREAKING SEASON LONG.

Warlord23
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
3 point attempts. what they've been successful at ALL FREAKING REGULAR SEASON LONG.

Fixed. Btw, that statement has been copyrighted by Mike D'Antoni.

honestfool84
04-23-2011, 08:01 PM
the Spurs aren't the Suns.

fail.

EVAY
After the first half:

Points; TD - 6; TP - 4
Assists TD -3; TP - 3
Rebounds TD -2 TP -3

Minutes played: TP - about 3/4 of the time Tim has played, since TP has been hit with fouls.

So, on a minute-by-minute basis, TP is outplaying TD.

So before we start the blame game "all this poor play is on TP" - can we obtain a slight amount of perspective on the performance of the the 'big three?"

Two of the big three went to the All Star game - TP was not one of them.
TD was 'saved' throughout the season for the playoffs. How much better has he been now that the playoffs have begun?

TD is paid twice as much as TP to play the same game. So why is TD never held accountable and TP is so often blamed for things going wrong?

Why isn't this poor performance in the first half on TD?

Just asking.

honestfool84
3 point attempts. what they've been successful at ALL FREAKING SEASON LONG.

Fixed. Btw, that statement has been copyrighted by Mike D'Antoni.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Spurs look like ass

The Spurs hit half of their shots that rimmed out in the first half, and they have the lead.

Warlord23
04-23-2011, 08:02 PM
the Spurs aren't the Suns.

fail.

Right you are. The D'Antoni Suns didn't look like ass until they faced a contender like the Spurs. They certainly didn't look overmatched against an 8th seed.

timvp
04-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Son of a, should have posted in this thread. Let's see if I can merge my thread from my phone ...

honestfool84
04-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Right you are. The D'Antoni Suns didn't look like ass until they faced a contender like the Spurs. They certainly didn't look overmatched against an 8th seed.

This isn't a typical 8th seed.

Fail x2.

Warlord23
04-23-2011, 08:50 PM
This isn't a typical 8th seed.

Fail x2.

Nobody cares about your definition of typical. They are playing without a star player in Rudy Gay, and are very very beatable.

honestfool84
04-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Nobody cares about your definition of typical. They are playing without a star player in Rudy Gay, and are very very beatable.

that's a dictionary's definition of typical.

you don't need a star player to win a game. ask Kobe Bryant.

you win games playing team ball.

Warlord23
04-23-2011, 08:59 PM
that's a dictionary's definition of typical.

you don't need a star player to win a game. ask Kobe Bryant.

you win games playing team ball.

Regardless, this Grizz team is anywhere between a 6-8 seed, no way they were finishing better than that. And I stand by my original point that the 2005-07 Spurs (or even the 2005-07 Suns) wouldn't have any trouble against them.

Chomag
04-23-2011, 09:03 PM

honestfool84
04-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Regardless, this Grizz team is anywhere between a 6-8 seed, no way they were finishing better than that. And I stand by my original point that the 2005-07 Spurs (or even the 2005-07 Suns) wouldn't have any trouble against them.

seeding doesn't matter. or else the Spurs wouldn't have won last season.

Warlord23
04-23-2011, 09:06 PM
seeding doesn't matter. or else the Spurs wouldn't have won last season.

You were the one who brought up "typical" seeding, whatever that is. Either way, this series is bringing out all the Spurs' weaknesses to the fore. None of the other contenders (Celts, Bulls, Heat, Lakers) would be losing to this Grizz team.

honestfool84
04-23-2011, 09:09 PM
the Celtics, Bulls, and Heat are all playing in a weaker conference. just because they're winning their series' big doesn't mean they'd be beating this Memphis team.

again, this Memphis team is really good. stop discrediting them.

Warlord23
04-23-2011, 09:11 PM
the Celtics, Bulls, and Heat are all playing in a weaker conference. just because they're winning their series' big doesn't mean they'd be beating this Memphis team.

again, this Memphis team is really good. stop discrediting them.

LOL ... now this is pure delusion. Just because the Spurs look like ass, you're going to put Memphis on a pedestal and underrate all the other contenders. We get it, you love Pop to death. But please be honest in your evaluation of other teams.

honestfool84
04-23-2011, 09:20 PM
LOL ... now this is pure delusion. Just because the Spurs look like ass, you're going to put Memphis on a pedestal and underrate all the other contenders. We get it, you love Pop to death. But please be honest in your evaluation of other teams.

i haven't mentioned Pop ONCE.

i'm not underrating any of the other contenders. i'm telling you that this Memphis team doesn't such ass as much as you think they do.

yes, the Spurs could play better; but the bottom line is that the Grizzlies don't suck as much as you say they do.