PDA

View Full Version : The Bynum>Duncan Debate

Nathan89
04-23-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm going to say this once and only once. Andrew Bynum is a better player than Tim Duncan.

Some people would argue that Bynum is better for every team besides the Spurs. I am here to tell these people they are wrong.

Everyone is about to tell me that Duncan is a much better defender than Bynum. Duncan may indeed be a better defender than Bynum but the margin of difference is not significant. I refuse to believe that Mark Gasol would be able to bully big ass Bynum.

Now lets get to what makes Bynum the better overall player even for the Spurs. Bynum is a beast on the in the post he can take almost any defender one on one. This very fact makes other teams double team him. Duncan now has a piss poor post up game and does not have the ability to draw double teams. It's very obvious that the Spurs need a post up player who can demand a double team. It's hard to win games when none of your players can demand a double team. Duncan can't even hit a jumper with any consistency. Duncan scores most of his points as a result of our guards, something that Bynum would be able to do as well. Duncan does distribute the ball pretty good from the top of the key but this doesn't make up the difference between the two players.

Duncan is still a very good big in this league and could put up larger numbers if they went to him more.

:depressed

DMC
04-23-2011, 09:36 PM
So is Bynum better than Shaq as well?

Vertical
04-23-2011, 09:43 PM
So Bogut is better than Duncan?:lol

LkrFan
04-23-2011, 09:54 PM
So is Bynum better than Shaq as well?

Yes.

LkrFan
Great thread BTW. :tu

stxspurs
very comical thread...i needed a laugh after the loss

Nathan89
04-23-2011, 10:07 PM
So Bogut is better than Duncan?:lol

No. At least I seriously doubt it.

Great thread BTW. :tu

Thanks. It's what I do.

http://i.imgur.com/XrkCX.gif

21_Blessings
04-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Andrew Bynum is a better player than Tim Duncan.

No shit. I've been telling you shitbirds that for awhile.

Had Bynum been healthy the past couple seasons there would not even be a debate.

The Refrigerator
04-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Duncan is garbage. Marc Gasol has pushed his shit in far enough to prove that already.

LkrFan
04-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Let's see how Timmy D did against the Lakers this year...

Game 1:
1/7 FGAs (2 pts) 4 rebs, 0 blocks :lol

Game 2:
3/12 FGAs (8 pts) 8 rebs, 2 blocks :lol

Game 3:
1/7 FGAs (2 pts) 7 rebs, 0 blocks :lol

Game 4:
Did not play because Pop didn't want his shit pushed in during a game the Lakers had to win

Totals:
5/26 FGAs :lmao
6 ppg :lmao
6 rpg :lmao

Yep, he better than Bynum. Waaaayyyy better! :lmao

Nathan89
04-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Duncan is garbage. Marc Gasol has pushed his shit in far enough to prove that already.
:nope

150mil>100mil but it doesn't mean a person with 100mil is poor.

Chris
04-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Duncan is in the twilight of his career. Bynum's is just beginning. Why make any comparison at this point other than to troll?

Nathan89
04-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Let's see how Timmy D did against the Lakers this year...

Game 1:
1/7 FGAs (2 pts) 4 rebs, 0 blocks :lol

Game 2:
3/12 FGAs (8 pts) 8 rebs, 2 blocks :lol

Game 3:
1/7 FGAs (2 pts) 7 rebs, 0 blocks :lol

Game 4:
Did not play because Pop didn't want his shit pushed in during a game the Lakers had to win

Totals:
5/26 FGAs :lmao
6 ppg :lmao
6 rpg :lmao

Yep, he better than Bynum. Waaaayyyy better! :lmao

Who the fuck are you trying to troll in my thread. GTFO with this shit.

The Refrigerator
04-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Who the fuck are you trying to troll in my thread. GTFO with this shit.

GTFO with your facts Lkrfan.

LkrFan
04-23-2011, 10:34 PM

:lol

4>0rings
04-23-2011, 10:38 PM
I couldn't imagine Bynum doing any better against Gasol/Randolph by himself. Still no so, Duncan > Bynum

LkrFan
04-23-2011, 10:52 PM
I couldn't imagine Bynum doing any better against Gasol/Randolph by himself. Still no so, Duncan > Bynum

It's not about what Bynum does offensively. It's what he does defensively. Kobe and Pau are the 1 - 2 punch on offense. Bynum gets the scraps in the Lakers' pecking order. The Lakers were 2-2 against Memphis. Let's see the tail of the tape:

Game 1:
Z Bo - DNP
M Gasol 3/8 FGAs

Game 2:
Z Bo 4/13 FGAs
M Gasol 4/8 FGAs

Game 3:
Z Bo 9/17 FGAs
M Gasol 2/10 FGAs

Game 4:
Z Bo 2/14 FGAs
M Gasol 5/14 FGAs

The Lakers take away your best options to beat them (except when it is PGs :lol). But for bigs, look at the stats of Memphis' bread and butter. Z Bo had only one good game statistically and Marc Gasol was mediocre at best. Against you guys they look like HOFers though. :lol

Killakobe81
04-23-2011, 10:55 PM
So Duncan is supposed to be better (career) than Kobe, but right now he is not as good as Bynum?

JJ Hickson
04-23-2011, 10:56 PM
So Duncan is supposed to be better (career) than Kobe, but right now he is not as good as Bynum?

Math is idiotic

Killakobe81
04-23-2011, 10:59 PM
If that is the case I find it comical that fans act like these past 3 seasons don't count. Maybe at one time 5 years ago you could argue Tim was a greater player than Kobe (i would agree as well) but anyone still drinking that kool-aid is just being silly.

Before 2008 I gave Duncan the clear edge ...

After 2008-2009 I figured since they were tied in rings it was pretty damn close.

But now? Kobe has had the greater career, is right now clearly the better player, and when the history books are written this will not even be a heated debate. Right now Kobe only has a relatively slight edge but each of the past two season and pending the outcome of this one ... it grows larger.

Grey Spurfan
04-23-2011, 11:05 PM
If that is the case I find it comical that fans act like these past 3 seasons don't count. Maybe at one time 5 years ago you could argue Tim was a greater player than Kobe (i would agree as well) but anyone still drinking that kool-aid is just being silly.

After 2008-2009 I figured since they were tied in rings it was pretty damn close.

But now? Kobe has had the greater career, is right now clearly the better player, and when the history books are written this will not even be a heated debate. Right now Kobe only has a relatively slight edge but each of the past two season and pending the outcome of this one ... it grows larger.

4 rings bitch.

4>0rings
04-23-2011, 11:06 PM
4 rings bitch.http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/matrevir/Gifs/tumblr_lfct7cFY3z1qan99n.gif

IronMexican
04-23-2011, 11:06 PM
:lmao Remember how much this guy was talking in the Lakers vs Hornets thread? Now he's at the end of the ledge.

LkrFan
04-23-2011, 11:10 PM

I never had TD greater than Kobe. Kobe has 5 rings to Tim's 4. Not only that, Kobe has beaten Tim 4 times in the playoffs to Tim's 1 IIRC.

I consider the Mailman the GOAT at PF, tbh. Karl Malone beasts Timmy D in two major stats: points and rebounds career wise

Duncan - 21,663 (#33 all time)

Rebounds
Malone - 14,968 (#7 all time)
Duncan - 12,013 (#22 all time)

Despite ^^ facts, most call Timmy D the GOAT of PFs. Why is that? Greatness is measured in ring totals.

So by that theory, Kobe is > Timmy D.

Kobe: 5
TD: 4

:toast

Grey Spurfan
04-23-2011, 11:13 PM
:lmao Remember how much this guy was talking in the Lakers vs Hornets thread? Now he's at the end of the ledge.

http://www.techwarelabs.com/reviews/video/ATI-Radeon-4890/images/left4dead.jpg

http://vorige.nrc.nl/multimedia/dynamic/00236/ENG-VanGelder_236469e.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41145000/jpg/_41145286_wave_ap.jpg

Nathan89
04-23-2011, 11:41 PM

Facts accompanied with a bunch of :lol:lol:lol:lol:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao is trolling bullshit and that is why I told Lkrfan to GTFO

Duncan will alway be the better player in my eyes. For many reasons that have been mentioned over and over on this forum. If you want me to go into this more just ask.

This has nothing to do with the Lakers vs Hornets thread. I am not on any ledge but my team is in little trouble.

I never had TD greater than Kobe. Kobe has 5 rings to Tim's 4. Not only that, Kobe has beaten Tim 4 times in the playoffs to Tim's 1 IIRC.

I consider the Mailman the GOAT at PF, tbh. Karl Malone beasts Timmy D in two major stats: points and rebounds career wise

Duncan - 21,663 (#33 all time)

Rebounds
Malone - 14,968 (#7 all time)
Duncan - 12,013 (#22 all time)

Despite ^^ facts, most call Timmy D the GOAT of PFs. Why is that? Greatness is measured in ring totals.

So by that theory, Kobe is > Timmy D.

Kobe: 5
TD: 4

:toast

2/5ths of Malone's team was top 50 all-time and he still couldn't win a ring.

Lets just forget about the fact that he was the 2nd best player for three rings and for another ring he shot 6-24 in the deciding game. After we forget all that and much more then we can say Kobe is > Timmy D.

IronMexican
04-23-2011, 11:42 PM
If Bynum and Duncan put up the same stats, but LA lost and Spurs won, I guarantee you this thread does not exist.

ManuBalboa
04-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Duncan is DONE. D.O.N.E. He can't even post up now. The Greatest Power Forward of All Time can't even post up now.

Roger Freemason Jr.
04-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Bynum & Pau wouldn't be much of a challenge to Marc & Z-bo either. Bynum has the advantage over Marc, but it's not that bad. But Randolph would dominate over Gasol and do whatever he likes in the paint. The difference would be the back-court, & of course Kobe could man-handle any guard on the Grizz.

By the way, Bynum could never achieve what Duncan has, & when Duncan came into the league, he was a difference maker right away, a star player. Bynum is far from that status, and will never reach it.

mystargtr34
04-24-2011, 12:27 AM
All trolling aside... the way Bynum is playing its a pretty good comparison. If i was too pick one guy right now it would still be Duncan.. but thats probly because im bias.

Amaso
04-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Bynum is clearly a better player than Duncan at this point in their careers, it's comical to even deny it. I hear people saying Duncan is still a better defender but that's just flat out wrong too. Duncan has declined extremely fast and hard, he should seriously consider retiring after this year assuming the Spurs don't win it all.

4>0rings
04-24-2011, 12:51 AM
Is this a fucking joke? Gasol and Duncan would shit on Stern and the NBA. Nothing could stop them, not even Pop.

LkrFan
04-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Bynum & Pau wouldn't be much of a challenge to Marc & Z-bo either. Bynum has the advantage over Marc, but it's not that bad. But Randolph would dominate over Gasol and do whatever he likes in the paint. The difference would be the back-court, & of course Kobe could man-handle any guard on the Grizz.

Game 1 of 4. Lakers/Grizzlies. In this game, there was no Bynum because he sat 24 games to start the year. Let's see what Marc Gasol did against 2x Champion Pau Gasol:

M Gasol
3-5 FGAs (8 pts)
8 rebs
5 asts
0 blocks

P Gasol
9/16 FGAs (21 pts)
13 rebs
5 asts
0 blocks

Again, this was without Bynum I might add. Pau even posterized him in that game. So don't think Marc Gasol will dominate his brother. Most likely he will be on Bynum. But even still, Marc can't hang with his big brother. Try again kid.

By the way, Bynum could never achieve what Duncan has, & when Duncan came into the league, he was a difference maker right away, a star player. Bynum is far from that status, and will never reach it.

Not so fast. In his 6th year, Bynum will be playing for his 3rd rang. If he wasn't hurt in 2008, he would be playing to match TD's rang total. The difference? TD is in his 15th year.

Venti Quattro
04-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Not so fast. In his 6th year, Bynum will be playing for his 3rd rang. If he wasn't hurt in 2008, he would be playing to match TD's rang total. The difference? TD is in his 15th year.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

BABY DREW CREW REPRESENT!!!