PDA

View Full Version : Enough with Bonner faulting.

Reck
04-23-2011, 09:42 PM
He sucks, yes. Did Spurs lose because of him? Hell no. By no means.

So stop blaming this guy all the time Spurs lose.

Instead blame the whole team. The Spurs plus the coach's inability to make the correct plays when it counts is the reason why the Spurs will lose this series and any other series in the future.

The whole team's structure is done for and needs a reboot. Starting with a new coach.

Capt Bringdown
04-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Gatekeeper thread, yipee!

Sigz
04-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Fuck both Bonner and Pop.

Das Texan
04-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Bonner played great defensively I thought.

He played like a fucking scared bitch offensively however to erase anything positive he did on the defensive end.

Das Texan
04-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Bonner played great defensively I thought.

He played like a fucking scared bitch offensively however to erase anything positive he did on the defensive end.

EIC
04-23-2011, 09:48 PM
I hate Bonner more than most, but even I have to agree that its not fair to lay all the blame on him. The problem is that Gasol and Randolph are getting whatever they want.

celldweller
04-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I hate Bonner more than most, but even I have to agree that its not fair to lay all the blame on him. The problem is that Gasol and Randolph are getting whatever they want.

There getting whatever they want because Bonner is there trying to stop them. The dude sucks, and now that he's not hitting three's - he's beyond suckage!

EIC
04-23-2011, 09:54 PM
There getting whatever they want because Bonner is there trying to stop them. The dude sucks, and now that he's not hitting three's - he's beyond suckage!

Agree, but it's hard to fault Bonner. It's Pop that's to blame for putting him in that position. Point I'm making is that, as much as I hate to say it, Bonner is doing the best with what he's got (which is not much). Bonner has a time and place; it's on Pop for fucking that up.

And I honestly cannot believe I am defending Bonner. Holy hell if you could read some of my Bonner posts of the past.

Spursmania
04-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Tonight's loss cannot be blamed on the Ginger. Come on now...
Spurs sucked tonight.

Nathan89
04-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Bonner is a bitch and there is no denying this.

He ain't the only one playing scared and not giving it their all.

Spurs need to man up next game.

http://i.imgur.com/XrkCX.gif

timtonymanu
04-23-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm mad at Parker and Pop more than anyone, tbh.

celldweller
04-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Agree, but it's hard to fault Bonner. It's Pop that's to blame for putting him in that position. Point I'm making is that, as much as I hate to say it, Bonner is doing the best with what he's got (which is not much). Bonner has a time and place; it's on Pop for fucking that up.

And I honestly cannot believe I am defending Bonner. Holy hell if you could read some of my Bonner posts of the past.

My jaw hit the ground when he passed the open three to pass to Parker so he can shoot it. That said it all for me, no confidence what's-so-ever. But yea, it's Pop's undying love for Bonner & Blair that's killing us. I love Blair's heart but dang it, the guy's too short, and Bonner isn't physically gifted to challenge there Bigs. :(

Warlord23
04-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Bonner isn't the one who's putting himself in a position to fail. Our cocksure know-it-all coach and his unbeatable system are the ones at fault.

Chomag
04-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Bonner is just a part of it but yes he has some to blame.

timtonymanu
04-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Actually, I give props to Bonner. He's at least hustling out there. But I blame the coach for thinking that hustle is Horry-esque and giving Bonner minutes of which he will fail at.

LakerHater
04-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Bonner came in & they went on a 8 point swing!

Once they saw Bonner was in they went to whomever Bonner was guarding!!!

spurtech09
04-23-2011, 11:18 PM
its not his fault...blame pop for putting a short guy on gasol.....if pop has any sense he would play splitter....its the coaching at fault...pop hasn't tweaked the line up....yes spurs just need a tweak....its not like the grizz r blowing out the spurs

yavozerb
04-23-2011, 11:20 PM
I have always been one of the more vocal supporters for Bonner, but tonight even I could see the gameplan was to go after bonner and it worked very well for the grizzlies...I am sure I was not the only one who shook there head when bonner came into the game following mcdyess's injury.

ElNono
04-23-2011, 11:22 PM
I have always been one of the more vocal supporters for Bonner, but tonight even I could see the gameplan was to go after bonner and it worked very well for the grizzlies...I am sure I was not the only one who shook there head when bonner came into the game following mcdyess's injury.

Now, tell me why that would change at all as the series moves on?

ElNono
04-23-2011, 11:23 PM
I agree you can't squarely put it on him. Plenty of other reasons you can come up with. But he's part of the problem, no doubt about it.

yavozerb
04-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Now, tell me why that would change at all as the series moves on?

It changes because bonner has his good nights and bad nights on defense..Tonight was a bad night and the grizzlies took advantage of that, its as easy that.

ElNono
04-23-2011, 11:27 PM
It changes because bonner has his good nights and bad nights on defense..Tonight was a bad night and the grizzlies took advantage of that, its as easy that.

Haven't seen that one yet...

At least you can hang on him shooting 43% from downtown.... even though he took 7 shots in 3 games...

yavozerb
04-23-2011, 11:30 PM

At least you can hang on him shooting 43% from downtown.... even though he took 7 shots in 3 games...

Sorry, maybe if you weren't so biased against Bonner you would see that the guy played pretty well in game 2 on defense. Cant make you see what you dont want to see.

4>0rings
04-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Sorry, maybe if you weren't so biased against Bonner you would see that the guy played pretty well in game 2 on defense. Cant make you see what you dont want to see.
If you knew what he was getting paid, you would think different.

yavozerb
04-23-2011, 11:33 PM

Not sure if you have noticed but there is a defender extended to the 3pt line on Bonner every time he is in the game...So that should leave Duncan one on one with a defender, lets talk about how TD is doing that matchup..Taking 7 shots for Bonner is only part of the story

Obstructed_View
04-23-2011, 11:36 PM
If he doesn't hit threes there's no point in having him in the game.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Not sure if you have noticed but there is a defender extended to the 3pt line on Bonner every time he is in the game...

If only that were true.

yavozerb
04-23-2011, 11:38 PM
If only that were true.

So, Bonner is getting wide open looks then huh...please explain

fotan2
04-23-2011, 11:40 PM
how many 3s did he make tonight? i pretty sure you can get hustle guys who have better defense even from D league than Bonner. offensive game is not an issue. plus Bonner doesn't deliver when it needs.

4>0rings
04-23-2011, 11:45 PM
He's passing up plenty, that's for sure. Christ, Sean and Bill are calling him out for not taking them.

Strike
04-23-2011, 11:46 PM

He had at least 2 in today's game that I remember. One clanked, and the other, he passed it in to Parker in stead of taking a wide open shot from the side.

You were saying?

Obstructed_View
04-23-2011, 11:51 PM

They aren't putting a defender on him. They're leaving him alone and he's been wide fucking open. On the few times they've gotten the ball to him he's had nobody near him, and he actually passed one up tonight when someone was within fifteen feet of him for the first time.

LakerHater
04-23-2011, 11:58 PM
They aren't putting a defender on him. They're leaving him alone and he's been wide fucking open. On the few times they've gotten the ball to him he's had nobody near him, and he actually passed one up tonight when someone was within fifteen feet of him for the first time.
Bonner gets deer in the headlights when he gets the ball!!

When players are playin there is only so much of the floor they can see, Bonner needs to be on the GotDamn bench!!

Obstructed_View
04-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Bonner either needs to be shooting threes throughout the entire game or he needs to be put in ONLY for three point shooting situations so he can be fresh. The combination of making him bang inside for most of the game while you don't pass to him and then expect him to just start making them is pretty foolish.

mingus
04-24-2011, 12:03 AM
i posted this in another thread but this one seems apt too:

you coudn't be more wrong about that. the Spurs were BETTER than the Grizzlies for 3 quarters in terms of point total. They played 3 QUARTERS of solid defense. it was the 1st quarter that was killer. KILLER. the Spurs dug themselves a whole in the 1st quarter due to playing horrid defense. the Spurs tried to claw themselves out of this hole the entire game. turd towers had a lot to do with that & Parker had a couple of defensive mistakes in that 1st quarter. make no mistake, the lack of defense killed this team. it just so happened that it was in the 1st quarter and it coincided with Matt Bonner coming into the game and the Grizz straight disrespecting him. they scored like 11 straight points at one point in the 1st quarter IIRC.

DMC
04-24-2011, 12:11 AM

Of course not. Blame Pop for inserting him at key moments. Tough matchups have to be managed much better than that. It was obvious the guy wasn't going to shoot the ball. He should have been benched.

Beginning with his first few seconds in the game, he put the Spurs over the limit on a pointless foul in the backcourt which was an automatic 2 points for the Grizz. On the ensuing play, he was scored over like a human goal post, then again... so it was a 6 point swing just like that.

Fast forward to the 3rd when the Spurs close to within 7, Hollins calls the TO and Pop puts Bonner in the game. The Grizz proceed to stretch to lead back to double digits by scoring over Bonner over and over.

Now on to the 4th.. it's Bonner time again and the one time he decides to shoot the ball he misses.

I don't think he played decent defense. I think his defense is stale and static. They go right at him like he's a marker buoy yet Pop finds these key moments to put him into the flow of the game as if he's shown any signs of being able to handle it.

However, the Spurs played like shit for most of the game. That pass inside from Hill at the end of the half was amusing, especially with that much time left on the clock and Manu up top calling for the ball.

Face it, it's not going to happen this year. I would like for it to, but unless something really bad happens to every opponent we would face, the Spurs have no real shot at winning a title, not with that piss poor performance, subs and execution late in games. We've always beaten better teams by not making mistakes late. We've stopped that.

DMC
04-24-2011, 12:16 AM
To pass to Tony Fucking Parker who took the three. We do not need Tony, who cannot hit a fucking 17' jumper, to be shooting 3s from the corner with the 3pt leader standing wide ass open.

I think he's autistic. I really do (Bonner). I bet he can count like a motherfucker, but he cannot walk and think without stumbling.