PDA

View Full Version : I love how nobody is talking about how lucky the Grizzlies got

dallasmaverickslose
04-23-2011, 09:46 PM
You so called "fans" are bashing your team like they played the worst game ever.

Yes it was a heartbreaker and we played like crap in the 1st half.

But we STORMED BACK in the second half and we deserved to win the game.

It was SHEER LUCK that the grizzlies made that 3 pointer. Sheer luck.

I'm dissapointed just like you guys, but im not going to bash my team this time for fighting hard to come back and win. they tried so hard

GO SPURS GO :flag:

picc84
04-23-2011, 09:47 PM
The Grizzlies were lucky as hell, to fall to 8th and face the Spurs.

ffadicted
04-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Stop being such a homer. Sometimes your team/players play like shit. Tonight was one of those times. It's not a bad thing to call them out.

Quiet Strength
04-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Too many mental mistakes for the spurs.. that's not playing hard in my opinion. If they continue playing this way (hard as you like to call it) then they will lose this series for sure.

timtonymanu
04-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Again, when a team is THAT confident against you, BS shots tend to fall.

Blame the Spurs for starting out the game weak.

timtonymanu
Again, when a team is THAT confident against you, BS shots tend to fall.

Blame the Spurs for starting out the game weak.

Strike
You so called "fans" are bashing your team like they played the worst game ever.

I'm dissapointed just like you guys, but im not going to bash my team this time for fighting hard to come back and win. they tried so hard

GO SPURS GO :flag:

The team has collectively played like shit most of the time the past 3 games. How much of that is Grizzles luck?

Reck
So its pure luck they split two games with the Spurs in the regular season and is pure luck they're abusing the Spurs and up two games to 1 in these series.

Blind homers...

pjjrfan
04-23-2011, 09:50 PM
"Luck comes from preparation." Darrel Royal

TampaDude
04-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Fire Pop.

Velo
04-23-2011, 09:51 PM
If Spurs hadn't made those mistakes in the first half, they wouldn't have to rely on luck to bail them out.

BlackSwordsMan
yes they got lucky playing the spurs
easy victory
fuck you

Budkin
If our guys were playing worth a damn we would be winning these games.

ducks
zach making that three was luck

bluefoot
04-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Looks like Memphis is about to luck their way to a series win. Those guys better play the lottery because they keep getting really lucky.

siraulo23
04-23-2011, 09:52 PM
They hit big shot after big shot, you cant call that luck
They won two games coming up big in the clutch, you cant call that luck

They're stepping up

TP has to beast, and the team has to shoot the 3 ball better for the spurs to win the series

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-23-2011, 09:53 PM
That last 5 seconds was unexcusable. Should've called a timeout. I know Duncan and Pop were trying to....

Quiet Strength
04-23-2011, 09:53 PM
zach making that three was luck

Yup I really didn't see that coming but still.. wide open shots aren't that hard to make unless you are matt bonner.

Spursmania
04-23-2011, 09:54 PM
"Luck comes from preparation." Darrel Royal

Chomag
04-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Spurs have nothing to blame here but themselves.

Warlord23
04-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Bottomline: if the Spurs were contenders, they would've put the game away earlier to avoid a lucky shot or two to determine the outcome. As it turned out, they struggled to keep up with the Grizz and didn't even manage to take the lead.

Memphis made their own luck. We gave them a wide open paint to score all game long and couldn't hit water from a boat on our 3 point attempts.

noles1983
04-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Yup I really didn't see that coming but still.. wide open shots aren't that hard to make unless you are matt bonner.

i wish that fuck would choke on one of his sandwiches

Bito Corleone
Stop being such a homer. Sometimes your team/players play like shit. Tonight was one of those times. It's not a bad thing to call them out.

El Contusion II
Luck favors the prepared. And we have not been prepared

tmtcsc
04-23-2011, 10:01 PM
I believe Randolph was wide open. He can make that shit and hit nothing but net. How is that luck ?

Were they lucky that Manu dribbled the clock out, down 3 ? Are you serious ?
Tell me we gave a game away that we could have won. But that's all I'll give you. They've beaten us 4 out of 7 going back to the regular season.

They took home court from us AND they are an 8th seed. They've executed and played like the team that has more poise. We're herky jerky, throwing the ball all over the place and playing like pussies.

Pop has his head up ass AGAIN to not give Splitter a shot at changing shots. I don't expect Splitter to rebound much because he's soft too but at least he's tall.

Geezus, I'm getting sick just typing this. Let's face it, we earned the # 1 seed with smoke and mirrors. That's ok, I don't think anyone on the Spurs thought they could win with the same style but they were willing to do what it takes to get all the advantages for the post season they could.

Tony even said in a recent interview that he wasn't sure about this team. Manu's got 1 friggin arm and Tim isn't Tim anymore. Memphis is good, not great and would get swept in the second round. We might too for that matter. Our regular season wins against OKC don't mean shit.

At least we can count on the Thunder giving LA some real competition. Our team is exactly what we feared they would be. Undersized and soft. We knew we couldn't count on the 3's in the post season. Teams play better defense and won't give it up. Tim doesn't get double teamed and it doesn't matter. He can't get his shot off against Memphis' bigs. I can't believe I said that. You know Randolph is 6'9 right ?

Just sad. Even if we win this series, my expectations have taken a serious hit with two losses to the Memphis Fucking Grizzlies. A one man show with a bunch of role players. We should have swept them.

Horse
04-23-2011, 10:10 PM
So its pure luck they split two games with the Spurs in the regular season and is pure luck they're abusing the Spurs and up two games to 1 in these series.

Blind homers...
Abusing? Really? When the Spurs wakeup it's lights out. If they played at all in the first half we win easy. It's been 3 close games Manu is still hurt, Tony is MIA these things won't contiue I hope and yes when gaysol is hitting 20 footers and randolph 3's they are lucky. And let's not forget no Tony in one grizzly win and no Timmy in the other during the reg season.

Horse
04-23-2011, 10:13 PM
I believe Randolph was wide open. He can make that shit and hit nothing but net. How is that luck ?

Were they lucky that Manu dribbled the clock out, down 3 ? Are you serious ?
Tell me we gave a game away that we could have won. But that's all I'll give you. They've beaten us 4 out of 7 going back to the regular season.

They took home court from us AND they are an 8th seed. They've executed and played like the team that has more poise. We're herky jerky, throwing the ball all over the place and playing like pussies.

Pop has his head up ass AGAIN to not give Splitter a shot at changing shots. I don't expect Splitter to rebound much because he's soft too but at least he's tall.

Geezus, I'm getting sick just typing this. Let's face it, we earned the # 1 seed with smoke and mirrors. That's ok, I don't think anyone on the Spurs thought they could win with the same style but they were willing to do what it takes to get all the advantages for the post season they could.

Tony even said in a recent interview that he wasn't sure about this team. Manu's got 1 friggin arm and Tim isn't Tim anymore. Memphis is good, not great and would get swept in the second round. We might too for that matter. Our regular season wins against OKC don't mean shit.

At least we can count on the Thunder giving LA some real competition. Our team is exactly what we feared they would be. Undersized and soft. We knew we couldn't count on the 3's in the post season. Teams play better defense and won't give it up. Tim doesn't get double teamed and it doesn't matter. He can't get his shot off against Memphis' bigs. I can't believe I said that. You know Randolph is 6'9 right ?

Just sad. Even if we win this series, my expectations have taken a serious hit with two losses to the Memphis Fucking Grizzlies. A one man show with a bunch of role players. We should have swept them.
Go be a memphis fan then, Timmy is giving us what we need from him, yeah Splitter should play. However memphis is getting the bounces and hitting shots they usually don't. If we get even half of the Parker we're used to they won't lose another game this series.

rascal
04-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Lucky? Memphis lead the whole game. The Spurs were lucky they made it close in the end.

rascal
04-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Abusing? Really? When the Spurs wakeup it's lights out. If they played at all in the first half we win easy. It's been 3 close games Manu is still hurt, Tony is MIA these things won't contiue I hope and yes when gaysol is hitting 20 footers and randolph 3's they are lucky. And let's not forget no Tony in one grizzly win and no Timmy in the other during the reg season.

Rudy Gay is out. Manu is on the court playing. Can't use that as an excuse.

tmtcsc
04-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Go be a memphis fan then, Timmy is giving us what we need from him, yeah Splitter should play. However memphis is getting the bounces and hitting shots they usually don't. If we get even half of the Parker we're used to they won't lose another game this series.

Why would I go be a Memphis team ? They aren't going anywhere. They suck too but they play consistent. They didn't throw any surprises at us. Mayo made a 3 late and so did Randolph. We played like shit and lost by 3.

BTW, how is Timmy giving us what we need when we are getting abused in the paint and he's relegated to the bench? We're missing FT's, getting 4 pts from Jefferson. Did Bonner make a damn 3 ?

Bullshit. So pissed right now.

dallasmaverickslose
04-23-2011, 10:22 PM

this

tmtcsc
04-23-2011, 10:25 PM
this

That ? Weak. Bring some ammo to the discussion. The Spurs are playing like shit right now and won't win this series hoping that Memphis isn't so lucky next time.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2011, 10:26 PM
They got lucky the Spurs couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, run the simplest offensive play or dribble the basketball.

timtonymanu
04-23-2011, 10:28 PM
So was Battier's 3 pointer in Game 1 luck?

More importantly, was Tim Duncan's 3 pointer against Phoenix luck?

You sound like a Suns fan with the excuse. Fitting since this team plays Suns style basketball.

Horse
04-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Why would I go be a Memphis team ? They aren't going anywhere. They suck too but they play consistent. They didn't throw any surprises at us. Mayo made a 3 late and so did Randolph. We played like shit and lost by 3.

BTW, how is Timmy giving us what we need when we are getting abused in the paint and he's relegated to the bench? We're missing FT's, getting 4 pts from Jefferson. Did Bonner make a damn 3 ?

Bullshit. So pissed right now.
Bonner and Blair get abused Timmy had 5 blocks and 11 rebounds that should be enough for us to win. The point is we're playing like shit. memphis is playing better than usual, we take our heads out of our ass we'll be fine. It's like their not taking this shit serious until their in deep shit.

spurtech09
04-23-2011, 10:52 PM

GO SPURS GO :flag:yeah have to admit that was a lucky three from memphis at the end....memphis has been lucky...for the spurs things haven't been so lucky for them.....

Reck
04-25-2011, 04:57 PM

It doesn't matter if this guy or that guy hasn't played well or that the Spurs haven't woken up yet. For one, how many games does it take them to "wake up?"

Secondly, Memphis is the one controlling these games, Spurs didn't even lead in game 3.

And thirdly, Spurs are getting abused. What does one like you call getting whatever you want in the paint without much effort?

You're looking for excuses.

Reck
04-25-2011, 08:43 PM

Still think they're not getting abused? :lmao