PDA

View Full Version : Gutless Worms

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TD 21
04-23-2011, 09:50 PM
For an organization that's won four championships in a nine season span, they've sure embarrassed themselves plenty of times. And they're in the midst of doing it again.

They've got a team of mostly playoff neophytes that tanks to play them and this is how they respond? Instead of taking it personally and sending a message immediately, they let their confidence, already sky high, go through the roof and confirm that, yes, this team can beat them. They also confirmed to the rest of the league, who disrespected, flat out ignored them or both the entire season that, yes, they are in fact a joke. Not that they were going to be motivated by that, but you'd think they'd want to stick it to all these ass holes. Apparently not.

Not a fucking chance in hell the Lakers or Celtics allow that. Point to the Grizzlies girth in the paint or the fact that the Spurs of the past three seasons have not been in the same class as the Lakers or Celtics all you want. The point is this: They're the two other teams in the league with championship pedigree. They'd have taken pride in knocking an upstart team like this down a peg. They'd have came in, quieted the crowd and re-established control of the series.

What's worse than the fact that this team did none of those things is that they look like the terrified team. All this experience and yet they come out and it's as if they're intimidated by the atmosphere. Inexcusable.

timtonymanu
04-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Unfortunately, this is how I felt they were gonna come out this series.

They really lack the swag they use to have in the past. In the past, the media doubted them but they always showed in the playoffs why the media were idiots. Now it's like you can say anything negative about them and it turns out to be true.

sananspursfan21
04-23-2011, 09:55 PM
the whole hype of this game had me kind of expecting this. idk hopefully by monday, some of the hype will have died down... the thing is that the griz are playing their best basketball right now. the spurs arent even playing half as good as they could. if they could just put their heart into it even a little bit, the griz wont win another game.

benefactor
04-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Most of the posters here who know what Spurs basketball is about figured out that this team was a gimmick a long time ago. The "look at our 60 wins!" crowd are just now showing up to the dance.

noles1983
04-23-2011, 09:58 PM
this is the beginning of the end. We might make 2 more playoffs, then dissapear into irrelevancy for who knows how long.

Ginobili2Duncan
04-23-2011, 10:05 PM
For an organization that's won four championships in a nine season span, they've sure embarrassed themselves plenty of times. And they're in the midst of doing it again.

They've got a team of mostly playoff neophytes that tanks to play them and this is how they respond? Instead of taking it personally and sending a message immediately, they let their confidence, already sky high, go through the roof and confirm that, yes, this team can beat them. They also confirmed to the rest of the league, who disrespected, flat out ignored them or both the entire season that, yes, they are in fact a joke. Not that they were going to be motivated by that, but you'd think they'd want to stick it to all these ass holes. Apparently not.

Not a fucking chance in hell the Lakers or Celtics allow that. Point to the Grizzlies girth in the paint or the fact that the Spurs of the past three seasons have not been in the same class as the Lakers or Celtics all you want. The point is this: They're the two other teams in the league with championship pedigree. They'd have taken pride in knocking an upstart team like this down a peg. They'd have came in, quieted the crowd and re-established control of the series.

What's worse than the fact that this team did none of those things is that they look like the terrified team. All this experience and yet they come out and it's as if they're intimidated by the atmosphere. Inexcusable.

I feel the exact same way. And this is why I felt Game 1 was so critical, Memphis was brazen enough to tank the last two games so that they can play the Spurs. A Game 1 victory would've brought their confidence down, instead Popovich outsmarts himself and decides to sit Ginobili. Now the Grizzlies confidence is at an all-time high now and they have made it that much harder to win this series.

Even if the Spurs will this series do you feel good about their chances vs. the Thunder and the Lakers after that? With the way the Spurs have struggled with Memphis, I don't.

I felt that the Spurs' would take it personal that this team went looking for them, but so far, it looks like I'm wrong. Popovich also deserves a big part of the blame too. I think he may be the only coach in the league that doesn't use his best personnel. They are now going to win in spite of him, not because of him.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-23-2011, 10:05 PM
yup the team reflects the coach, and it looks like the coach has to go. were tired of his shit!!! his stupid ass "im a genius, so dont ask me questions" attitude is really lame and has no where near an AVERAGE mind much less a GENIUS! . that man is dumber than dirt

what ? hahaha now i just heard him say on his interview, that we didnt do anything different from last game to this game, so im guessing hes thinking were due for another W soon (b/c we lost this one lol ....this coach has Lost it...

ElNono
04-23-2011, 10:07 PM
They've got to decide whether they're content having the Duncan era end this way

That decision was made when this roster was put together a couple of seasons ago...

TD 21
04-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Just a follow up . . .

Why does this team not carry themselves like a team with championship pedigree at their core/a 61 win team should? Even if you think their record was not a true reflection of them, they still won 61 and did so by managing the minutes of their best players far more than any other team and by not having their second best big in the rotation.

Is it the lack of size? Reliance on too many young players? Senile coach? All of the above? Whatever it is, they have absolutely no confidence whatsoever. It's equally perplexing and pathetic.

timvp
04-23-2011, 11:53 PM
You're overreacting. Deep breaths.

A couple bounces here and there and the Spurs would be up 3-0 in this series and you wouldn't be posting about the Spurs embarrassing their legacy or being pathetic or whatever. It's been a frustrating series but this thread is a bit too emo for the current situation.

Nick Manning
04-23-2011, 11:56 PM

A couple bounces here and there and the Spurs would be up 3-0 in this series and you wouldn't be posting about the Spurs embarrassing their legacy or being pathetic or whatever. It's been a frustrating series but this thread is a bit too emo for the current situation.

A couple bounces here and there and the Grizz could be up 3-0 as well.

timvp
04-24-2011, 12:00 AM
A couple bounces here and there and the Grizz could be up 3-0 as well.

True. But even then, the Spurs wouldn't be embarrassing their legacy or whatever he was saying. Winning championship #5 this season has always been a longshot.

DMC
04-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Had the Spurs succeeded in overcoming that deficit, they would be praised. Instead they are shunned.

Every time they started to gather momentum, Pop would insert Bonner and the game would swing back the other way.

I have no fucking idea what Pop's bastard stepchild has done to deserve playing time, but that guy is a cancer to the game. It's not his fault, but he's someone's BIL out there playing a pickup game. He shouldn't even be in the NBA.

4>0rings
04-24-2011, 12:04 AM
All it takes is for some 7' nobody to be pushed next to Duncan for this team to just dominate the NBA and it's pissing me the fuck off.

Nick Manning
04-24-2011, 12:06 AM
True. But even then, the Spurs wouldn't be embarrassing their legacy or whatever he was saying. Winning championship #5 this season has always been a longshot.

True. We all knew the undersized front court was going to be their demise, we just didn't expect them to get exposed this early in the playoffs.

Chomag
04-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Had the Spurs succeeded in overcoming that deficit, they would be praised. Instead they are shunned.

Every time they started to gather momentum, Pop would insert Bonner and the game would swing back the other way.

I have no fucking idea what Pop's bastard stepchild has done to deserve playing time, but that guy is a cancer to the game. It's not his fault, but he's someone's BIL out there playing a pickup game. He shouldn't even be in the NBA.

Worst thought is that we are stuck with him for at least another 3 seasons... I don't think any team would take up is terrible contract.

mystargtr34
04-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Im obviously not the only one since there are many far more knowledgable posters than me on this board... but after about 20 games into the season when it became clear that Splitter wasnt going to play an integral part this season..

I said that it wasn't possible for me to foresee a situation where a team could win an NBA championship with DeJuan Blair and Matt Bonner as its second and third best bigmen. Think about that... these are two guys who probably wouldnt start or play key roles for ANY team in the league. Would even the Cavs start Blair or Bonner ahead of Hickson or Jamison? What about a team like the Raptors? I say they still start Amir Johnson/Ed Davis ahead of these two guys.

It's just too difficult to win a championship with these two guys playing significant roles. They are both one dimensional basketball players.. they both play fucking hard.. and im sure they care about the team and its fans.. but they dont belong anywhere near an NBA contender.

Im really not that surprised at whats happening since i never expected the Spurs to win the ship... even if they come back and beat the Grizz (which i think is still 50/50) they are gonna get destroyed by Perkins/Ibaka... or Gasol/Bynum/Odom... or Chandler/Dirk... or Camby/Aldridge even :lol... these guys are just too big and athletic for our bigmen outside of Duncan and Splitter.

No matter what happens.. the regular season was fun as fuck winning all those games... i enjoyed it big time... and im still gonna root for the boys this series because i think they can still win... i just dont think the team will win the championship.. never have tbh.

DAF86
04-24-2011, 12:21 AM
With this thread you're proving to be a gutless fan.

hommeaetage
04-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Im obviously not the only one since there are many far more knowledgable posters than me on this board... but after about 20 games into the season when it became clear that Splitter wasnt going to play an integral part this season..

I said that it wasn't possible for me to foresee a situation where a team could win an NBA championship with DeJuan Blair and Matt Bonner as its second and third best bigmen. Think about that... these are two guys who probably wouldnt start or play key roles for ANY team in the league. Would even the Cavs start Blair or Bonner ahead of Hickson or Jamison? What about a team like the Raptors? I say they still start Amir Johnson/Ed Davis ahead of these two guys.

It's just too difficult to win a championship with these two guys playing significant roles. They are both one dimensional basketball players.. they both play fucking hard.. and im sure they care about the team and its fans.. but they dont belong anywhere near an NBA contender.

Im really not that surprised at whats happening since i never expected the Spurs to win the ship... even if they come back and beat the Grizz (which i think is still 50/50) they are gonna get destroyed by Perkins/Ibaka... or Gasol/Bynum/Odom... or Chandler/Dirk... or Camby/Aldridge even :lol... these guys are just too big and athletic for our bigmen outside of Duncan and Splitter.

No matter what happens.. the regular season was fun as fuck winning all those games... i enjoyed it big time... and im still gonna root for the boys this series because i think they can still win... i just dont think the team will win the championship.. never have tbh.

This.
I will always root for the team. But I took off my homer glasses long ago and see things the way they are.

mystargtr34
04-24-2011, 12:37 AM

TD21 went a tiny bit emo... but most of what he said is hard to dispute... Allen has been fuckin man handling Manu all series long... Randolph is elbowing our guys in the ribs on every shot that goes up to get rebounding position.. you know Battier is dishing shit out behind the scenes... everybody knows the Grizz deliberately tanked to get the Spurs... yet i have not seen one Spurs player (outside of Manu obviously since he has the biggest balls in the league bar fucking none) get in a Grizzlies players face and let them know that they are in for a fuckin war. The Spurs are missing that Malik Rose/Kevin Willis type of guy who will wear his heart on his shirt and let bitches know whats up.

:lol Matt Bonner.

admiralsnackbar
04-24-2011, 12:40 AM

Hate to cosign, but truth is truth. Tough loss, but what the fuck does an anonymous internet poster know about guts?

DAF86
04-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Spurs are winning this series. I don't bealive, I know.

DMC
04-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Spurs are winning this series. I don't bealive, I know.

I also don't believe you know.

scottspurs
04-24-2011, 10:51 AM
The true gutless worms are the fans jumping off the wagon right now. This series is far from over. Spurs are going to put this away in 6 and I will have all the respect in the world for the Grizzlies.

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 11:11 AM

Getting swept last year in the 2nd round, then losing in a catastrophic upset as the number one seed to a team that had never won a playoff game (if they do beat the Spurs) is a major blow to Tim's legacy. Especially with Kobe still going strong and surpassing Tim in rings.

I understand the never too high, never too low thing, and it's just basketball, but you are underestimating the severity of the situation IMO if the Spurs were to lose.

Of course winning a title was a long shot. Winning the first round against the Grizz should have been a no brainer. Especially when they flat out disrespect you and tank to get you.

weebo
04-24-2011, 11:15 AM

Well, for a while, at least we had that. Now it seems we have no shot at all.

LakerHater
04-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Hopefully Spurs show sum fight, I dont wanna end up on this list!!

http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=1.jpg&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

coachmac87
04-24-2011, 12:36 PM
If its a blow to anybody legacy its Coach Pop. He was considered one of the greatest coaches, and couple years ago people were debating who was better him or Phil, while Phil has almost 3x as many rings......

It's about time to be "EMO". This team is trash and is fools gold, and always has been since Pop went away from his roots. What is so confusing to me is that how the Spurs team hasn't adjusted like other teams have, it seems like the best FO in all of sports has lost his touch. And it starts wtih Pop, call RC the GM all you want but Pop has the final say. The Lakers are the 2x champs and everybody understands why they are so good, even Pop is smart enough to figure it out. Size and length and one of the top 10 players ever. Yet every team in the West but the Spurs tried to match the size and length. Dallas, OKC, DEN,Port, Mem, even NO.The Spurs won 2 rings doing the same thing the Lakers are doing! Pop has too much control of the franchise, I mean I guess he should do to his "resume" but let's be honest everybody in this world gets a tad lazy or lose your fire when you KNOW you have ZERO chance of losing your job.

Whats frustrating bout it all is that we have the chance to at least TRY!!!! But yet we refuse and will end up losing in the first round our being swept by OKC in the 2nd round. SEASON OVER.

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 12:43 PM
If its a blow to anybody legacy its Coach Pop. He was considered one of the greatest coaches, and couple years ago people were debating who was better him or Phil, while Phil has almost 3x as many rings......

It's about time to be "EMO". This team is trash and is fools gold, and always has been since Pop went away from his roots. What is so confusing to me is that how the Spurs team hasn't adjusted like other teams have, it seems like the best FO in all of sports has lost his touch. And it starts wtih Pop, call RC the GM all you want but Pop has the final say. The Lakers are the 2x champs and everybody understands why they are so good, even Pop is smart enough to figure it out. Size and length and one of the top 10 players ever. Yet every team in the West but the Spurs tried to match the size and length. Dallas, OKC, DEN,Port, Mem, even NO.The Spurs won 2 rings doing the same thing the Lakers are doing! Pop has too much control of the franchise, I mean I guess he should do to his "resume" but let's be honest everybody in this world gets a tad lazy or lose your fire when you KNOW you have ZERO chance of losing your job.

Whats frustrating bout it all is that we have the chance to at least TRY!!!! But yet we refuse and will end up losing in the first round our being swept by OKC in the 2nd round. SEASON OVER.

I disagree. People will look at what Pop did: Led a team that looked dead with some limited all around talent to the top record in the West. They will look at how he did everything he could to manage his guys minutes, and won despite not having a superstar that you can ride for more than 36 MPG. No other coach in the league has that problem.

Then the blame will fall on the players, such as Tim's legacy, because despite playing record low minutes all season, they couldn't cut it in the post season and play more than 36 minutes without breaking down. That's not on Pop. That is on the players.

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2011, 12:47 PM
There's no debate between Phil and Pop...you could take away his Bulls' rings and Phil is still miles ahead of him. The H2H playoff record (4-1, Phil) only solidifies this.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-24-2011, 12:52 PM
There's no debate between Phil and Pop...you could take away his Bulls' rings and Phil is still miles ahead of him. The H2H playoff record (4-1, Phil) only solidifies this.

The fact that Phil wouldn't let Bonner sniff the minutes Pop gives him already makes Phil a better coach even without the rings.

But I guess by using that logic, there are 29 coaches in the NBA better than Pop :lol

coachmac87
04-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I disagree. People will look at what Pop did: Led a team that looked dead with some limited all around talent to the top record in the West. They will look at how he did everything he could to manage his guys minutes, and won despite not having a superstar that you can ride for more than 36 MPG. No other coach in the league has that problem.

Then the blame will fall on the players, such as Tim's legacy, because despite playing record low minutes all season, they couldn't cut it in the post season and play more than 36 minutes without breaking down. That's not on Pop. That is on the players.

How is Pop not to blame??? Tim can't help himself being 35 and losing a step, and same goes for Manu and Tony. Pop was SPOILED. Period. Horry and Bowen made it simple for him. And you can blame Horry on why Pop has such a big crush on Bonner. Horry was the perfect match next to Duncan IMO after Robinson retired. Pop has refused to attempt to make this team the best he can defensively, but there shouldn't be any excuse for that. Playoffs come down to matchups/coaching, which we are getting abused. Its time for an adjustment, and it's been that way for at least a couple months now. Pop probably thinks were OK since all the games have been close. But the thing is they shouldn't be close!!!! :bang

How can you blame the players???

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 01:18 PM
:lol Because it's not Pop's fault TP is playing like a scrub. It's not Pop's fault he has a group of guys that can't play more than 36 minutes, even though Pop managed their minutes all year long. No other team has this problem. They all have at least one of their best players that can play 40 minutes per game. It's a big reason the Spurs are losing IMO. Memphis is getting productive minutes from their best players for longer periods of time. It's not rocket science.

Cane
04-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Its always been about health. The Spurs Big 3 have been a fragile team especially the past few years and the Spurs team overall doesn't have the talent or depth to win without them healthy. Especially if its Duncan and Ginobili that are injured: Duncan tweaked his ankled last night and in the closing weeks of the regular season and Ginobili obviously has an elbow injury that gets banged up every game. Parker might as well be hurt since he's disappeared in the series. Dice tweaked his knee for several games towards the end of the season and looks like he's ready to retire physically after that contact last night.

Also give plenty of credit to the Grizz for playing physical and being aggressive. Hopefully the Spurs can turn it around...:flag:

itzsoweezee
04-24-2011, 02:22 PM
This team is a reflection of Popovich. You think any real contender would play a pussy like Bonner major minutes? Hell the fuck no.

itzsoweezee
04-24-2011, 02:24 PM

Limited talent? LMFAO. You're fucking retarded. This team is completely stacked.

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Limited talent? LMFAO. You're fucking retarded. This team is completely stacked.

:lmao at completely stacked.

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2011, 02:27 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 02:27 PM
SA is more talented than MEM, no question. But when it comes to contenders, they are not anywhere close to completely stacked unless you are just going by names.

coachmac87
04-24-2011, 03:07 PM
:lol Because it's not Pop's fault TP is playing like a scrub. It's not Pop's fault he has a group of guys that can't play more than 36 minutes, even though Pop managed their minutes all year long. No other team has this problem. They all have at least one of their best players that can play 40 minutes per game. It's a big reason the Spurs are losing IMO. Memphis is getting productive minutes from their best players for longer periods of time. It's not rocket science.

But it is Pops fault that Memphis biggest strength (Gasol/Randolph) are abusing us down low. 36 min a game...It's Pop fault that he decides to take Duncan out so Bonner/Blair can see the floor together. Its playoff time, its time to shorten rotations, and play your best players on the floor. Adjust due to match ups, even if it's something you haven't done all year...if the adjustment is needed you gotta attempt it. Pop is coaching like its the regular season play 10-11 deep and its like he is still managing the mintues...

Playoffs are pretty simple...First to get to 16 wins gets this:lobt:. You do what you have to do to make sure you get their first or as fast as you can. Let the players rest as they wait to see the next opponent....He has sucked at coaching all season long when it comes down to personnel on the court and the philosphy of the team. He put this team in this situation, not the players...

trollt
04-24-2011, 03:18 PM
All it takes is for some 7' nobody to be pushed next to Duncan for this team to just dominate the NBA and it's pissing me the fuck off.

Sums it up.

nobodi_home
04-24-2011, 04:30 PM
How confident abt Game 4?? Not very....
Doesn't matter whether they win game 4 or they don't.
The bigger problem is, can they win 3 out of the remaining 4?
I doubt it. I think their conficence has been rattled, and they might
get it back upon returning to San Antonio, but then they'd be faced
with the necessity of winning 3 straight, with the dreded one more
visit to Memphis for Gm 6. Sorry to say, I don't think our boys will
survive this but with all the other things going on these days,
huge gas increases, killer storms, more wars, it's really hard
to worry about what the Spurs do or don't do. They are more
the Spuds these days. That's life.................

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 04:37 PM
But it is Pops fault that Memphis biggest strength (Gasol/Randolph) are abusing us down low. 36 min a game...It's Pop fault that he decides to take Duncan out so Bonner/Blair can see the floor together. Its playoff time, its time to shorten rotations, and play your best players on the floor. Adjust due to match ups, even if it's something you haven't done all year...if the adjustment is needed you gotta attempt it. Pop is coaching like its the regular season play 10-11 deep and its like he is still managing the mintues...

Even Timvp said the guys can't play more than 36 MPG without breaking down and losing effectiveness. Again, how can Pop play them more than that?

I'm not saying Pop has no blame, but it's always ultimately on the players and that is how it will be remembered.

Playoffs are pretty simple...First to get to 16 wins gets this:lobt:. You do what you have to do to make sure you get their first or as fast as you can. Let the players rest as they wait to see the next opponent....He has sucked at coaching all season long when it comes down to personnel on the court and the philosphy of the team. He put this team in this situation, not the players...

He has a limited roster, with no true super star and led them to the best record in the West while having to manage players minutes.

Again, Pop has messed up a lot this year, but it's always on the players.

20beastie45
04-24-2011, 04:48 PM
TD21 went a tiny bit emo... but most of what he said is hard to dispute... Allen has been fuckin man handling Manu all series long... Randolph is elbowing our guys in the ribs on every shot that goes up to get rebounding position.. you know Battier is dishing shit out behind the scenes... everybody knows the Grizz deliberately tanked to get the Spurs... yet i have not seen one Spurs player (outside of Manu obviously since he has the biggest balls in the league bar fucking none) get in a Grizzlies players face and let them know that they are in for a fuckin war. The Spurs are missing that Malik Rose/Kevin Willis type of guy who will wear his heart on his shirt and let bitches know whats up.

:lol Matt Bonner.

This post got me pumped..:ihit

coachmac87
04-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Even Timvp said the guys can't play more than 36 MPG without breaking down and losing effectiveness. Again, how can Pop play them more than that?

I'm not saying Pop has no blame, but it's always ultimately on the players and that is how it will be remembered.

He has a limited roster, with no true super star and led them to the best record in the West while having to manage players minutes.

Again, Pop has messed up a lot this year, but it's always on the players.

They dont need to be a superstar to play 36min..You just got to play the BEST players available, or that fit the matchup your up against. Dont give a fuck what timvp says, he is not always right and he has an opinion like everybody else. Duncan is old, Manu is hurt and Parker has low confidence I get that, but it's the coachs job to put their players in the best position to win. He has not done that. Yeah you can get away with it in the reg season because the gameplanning is different, you play back to backs a different team every night. He is getting out coached, and until he wakes up a makes adjustments we will continue to have a dog fight. :bang

Oh, Gee!!
04-24-2011, 06:04 PM

They're playing like dogshit is what it boils down to

TDMVPDPOY
04-24-2011, 06:11 PM
i dunno whats pop or the big 3 excuses for not playing +35mins, when the next game is 2-3 days away....

DirkISaCocLuvinPuSSy
04-24-2011, 06:25 PM
JESUS WHAT IS THIS A PITTY PARTY

IT TAKES 4!!!!

two more to go, c'mon son save this shit for the off season.

also yall act like this organization didn't try and bring in bigs and athletic guys....but guess what, Sheed, O'neal, they didn't wanna play for us! This organizations NEVER gonna get a star from FA either, Neal with it, IF YOU GUYS START CANNIBALIZING this team you'll lose it like Sac Town. We got 3 stars and a team that usually seeds in the top 3 every year, drafts their asses off and all these years only made one mistake that being Scola. Brought you 4 party's on the river walk not to mention the big 3 left millions on the table to stay and OP calls em pussys???!!!!! no sir, you are the pussy's, ungrateful pussy's.Sure their playing shitty but fuck nothing is good for ever, time marches on and these are just men, not gods, not codes on a video game, you don't think they feel shitty themselves. For god sakes Manu's throwing his ass around with a god dam fucked up arm and still performing. Guess what even Rome died!

But when its all said in done and were shit bottom in a couple of years I'll still be sitting in the ruins in my black and silver like i've been doin since I was 4.

GO SPURS GO and FUCK THE HATERZ

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 06:26 PM
i dunno whats pop or the big 3 excuses for not playing +35mins, when the next game is 2-3 days away....

They physically can't do it. The Spurs have the only 3 starters in the league that if you go over 36 mpg on average, they die.

Spurs da champs
04-24-2011, 06:30 PM
They physically can't do it. The Spurs have the only 3 starters in the league that if you go over 36 mpg on average, they die.

Tony and Manu can, Tim never conditions himself to get better in shape at this point of his career. Sad how he doesn't better his conditioning or his freethrow shooting.

04-24-2011, 06:30 PM
:rollin

timtonymanu
04-24-2011, 06:34 PM

Sure cause Hill, Bonner, Blair, and Neal are really owning some bitches right now.

John Basedow
04-24-2011, 06:35 PM

DPG, with the subtle troll goods:lol

TD 21
01-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Bump . . .

You can talk about the effort of the bench all you want and it was great, no question. But you just knew they had to mess it up and sure enough, they found a way to. The lack of offensive execution down the stretch was to be expected (not that that makes it acceptable, mind you), but there's no excuse for the defense being atrocious. I lost count of how many times the Mavs scored instantly out of timeouts late. Not off of great execution, but bad defense.

When's the last time this team stole a game? They fold every time on the road, without fail. Even the two they won, look how they had to do it.

Pop has talked about how they basically modeled themselves after the Jazz. Well, the Jazz never changed who they were throughout Sloan's tenure. Not when Malone and Stockton aged, not when they left, never. The Spurs have done the opposite. They went from mentally tough to marsh mellow soft. They went from playing defense like their lives depended on it, to playing guys significant minutes who either can't defend, won't defend or both. They went from valuing size to completely disregarding it.

Because of all these changes (and some inevitable aging from their stars), the league hasn't respected this team in a few years. Not just the good teams, either. Remember Love's and Lee's comments last season? That spoke volumes. That's why they need to go all out to sign Martin and why they need to bench Jefferson, if they can't trade him. No, they can't bring back prime Duncan . . . but that doesn't mean they can't go back to being what they were at their core.

5in10
01-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Rj is a disease and he's contagious.

TD 21
02-18-2012, 06:02 PM
How many times do I have to say it? When, if ever, will the front office figure this out?

purist
02-18-2012, 06:32 PM
LOL ... spoiled spurs fans

Spursfan092120
02-18-2012, 06:35 PM
LOL ... spoiled spurs fans

I agree with the GNSF

jjktkk
02-18-2012, 07:01 PM
How many times do I have to say it? When, if ever, will the front office figure this out?

Great bump.

timvp
02-18-2012, 07:07 PM
WTF? I don't understand this bump.

You mad about the winning streak or the injuries or what?

Bruno
02-18-2012, 07:09 PM
WTF? I don't understand this bump.

You mad about the winning streak or the injuries or what?

The bump was just before Neal's 3 pointer.

pawe
02-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Probably mad because they have to go to overtime just to get a win.

timvp
02-18-2012, 07:12 PM
The bump was just before Neal's 3 pointer.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up :lol

Proxy
02-18-2012, 07:13 PM
22-9, 10 game winning streak, beat OKC&LAC... TP in 07 form... achieved this without a backup PG, without Manu...

defeat Clips without Tiago....big man options are an old man, a ginger, and whataburger-bear

DPG21920
02-18-2012, 07:15 PM
I don't get this even before the 3. This loss (if they would have lost) I would have been ok with. They responded in a big way in the 2nd half and fought their butts off to stay in it even after losing Tiago and Manu.

Bruno
02-18-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't get this even before the 3. This loss (if they would have lost) I would have been ok with. They responded in a big way in the 2nd half and fought their butts off to stay in it even after losing Tiago and Manu.

I guess what pissed the thread starter is the lack of execution in the clutch time.

timvp
02-18-2012, 07:17 PM

Obviously, if you lose a close game on the road against a championship contender in which two of your four best players get hurt you are a gutless worm.

DMC
02-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Of course you know someone is going to say "Splitter in, down by double digits. Splitter leaves, we win.

will_spurs
02-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Obviously, if you lose a close game on the road against a championship contender in which two of your four best players get hurt you are a gutless worm.

What about if you win? :toast

Solid D
02-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up :lol

Or did it? Just hatin'.

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2012, 07:33 PM
ur on crack if you wouldve taken th eloss today

first quarter performance was pathetic, but the team continued to rally to build a 10-15pts lead...

the team for some odd reason plays very shit with leads, doing stupid shit like shot selections...

pgardn
02-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Timing Bump fail...

Serious hangups illustrated by the OP.

Go kick a Nun or something.

Spurs and Mavs fan
02-18-2012, 09:10 PM
So we were on a 9-game winning streak at the time this thread was bumped?

rascal
02-18-2012, 09:39 PM
The Spurs are killing their draft position. How are they ever going to get a top big if they can't get near the top of the draft.

ivanfromwestwood
02-18-2012, 10:56 PM
bump for premature bumps.......dumbass

TD 21
02-18-2012, 11:04 PM
I could have quickly deleted the post after Neal's three, but I thought it would be disingenuous. I wasn't about to change my mind because of a fortuitous bounce.

timvp, you missed the point. It's not that they'd have lost, it's how they'd have lost. What's worse, it's that it wouldn't have been the least bit surprising had they lost they way they were about to before that fortuitous bounce.

This team has serious issues executing down the stretch in hostile environments and they have for a few years now. The same players panic and fold and the front office won't do a damn thing about it, other than hope it won't continue to happen or hope the ones who don't fold in these environments can magically eke out some victory. Unfortunately, when they do, it's the type that can't be duplicated with any degree of regularity. Think about it. When they've won in these environments, it's usually some minor miracle that leads to it. It's never something that inspires confidence for the long haul.

The Truth #6
02-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Losses happen. They had won 9 in a row, right? That has to count for something. Streaks will eventually end. The last two victories have been impressive because they've been able to win even when they weren't playing that well.

timvp
02-18-2012, 11:33 PM
The same players panic and fold and the front office won't do a damn thing about it

Name names. Is this just a Bonner is a choker thread in disguise?

What players are available that would actually be able to step in and help win close games on the road?

IMO, "gutless worms" isn't a description I'd use for this team this season. They have been without arguably their best player yet have used supreme chemistry and will to somehow move all the way up into second place in the Western Conference. They are far from being a championship favorite but it's not because they are "gutless".

Calling a team led by Tim Duncan and Tony Parker "gutless" is a horrible take, tbh. They've been the opposite of that this season.

TD 21
02-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Name names. Is this just a Bonner is a choker thread in disguise?

What players are available that would actually be able to step in and help win close games on the road?

IMO, "gutless worms" isn't a description I'd use for this team this season. They have been without arguably their best player yet have used supreme chemistry and will to somehow move all the way up into second place in the Western Conference. They are far from being a championship favorite but it's not because they are "gutless".

Calling a team led by Tim Duncan and Tony Parker "gutless" is a horrible take, tbh. They've been the opposite of that this season.

Actually, it was mainly directed at Jefferson, followed by Blair. As I've said before, Bonner actually doesn't bother me as much as they do.

Jefferson is self explanatory. Blair, I think he's just flat out in decline already, but I don't care. I'm sick and tired of watching a soon to be 36 year old, with tons of mileage and two bad knees, as the lone consistent rebounder on this team.

Who are you, ChumpDumpster? I don't know, that's the front office's job. But it's obvious this team is missing a big who can help do that and it's obvious that Jefferson shouldn't play in these games. Yes, it would be ridiculous to regularly start him, then bench him entirely against elite teams on the road, but that's not what I'm suggesting. What I'm suggesting is, when (if?) Ginobili is healthy, removing Jefferson from the rotation altogether. He has no business taking a rotation spot away from one of Leonard, Neal or Green. They're all more dynamic, mentally tougher players.

As usual, you're misconstruing my words. I didn't say they were all gutless. I'd never call the big three that. But when it comes to the playoffs, having one of those types in the rotation is probably too many, particularly when your margin for error is slim. They need to rectify this.

timvp
02-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Who are you, ChumpDumpster? I don't know, that's the front office's job.It's easy to say the Spurs need a big. But they don't have any enticing assets to get a quality one in the trade market. No one is going to trade for RJ. Blair isn't an asset -- he would fail a physical and he's obviously in decline. Players like Green and Leonard have more value to the Spurs than outside teams. Splitter has value but it'd make little sense to trade him.

Their main hope is that some veteran gets waived after the trade deadline and they are able to entice him with a decent contract. Other than that, the Spurs will get outbid for any decent big on the trade market.

What I'm suggesting is, when (if?) Ginobili is healthy, removing Jefferson from the rotation altogether. He has no business taking a rotation spot away from one of Leonard, Neal or Green. They're all more dynamic, mentally tougher players.This could happen. We'll see once Ginobili is at 100%.

As usual, you're misconstruing my words. I didn't say they were all gutless. I'd never call the big three that. But when it comes to the playoffs, having one of those types in the rotation is probably too many, particularly when your margin for error is slim. They need to rectify this.Obviously you'd want Bowens and Horrys surrounding the Big 3 but those days are gone. You can blame the FO for that. But calling the Spurs "gutless worms" is just a horrible take. At the end of the day, this team is mostly basically the Big 3 and fillers. You can't bash the team as a whole and it not hit the Big 3.

It's fair to call the Spurs too old, not good enough anymore, poorly designed, etc. ... but not gutless. You're too good of a poster to keep bumping this lame thread, tbh.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2012, 06:19 AM
:lol

TJastal
02-19-2012, 10:03 AM
I guess what pissed the thread starter is the lack of execution in the clutch time.

Secret Chris Paul fan huh

shraediggz
02-19-2012, 11:33 AM
This thread is a joke at the moment.

I'm not a big Bonner fan but the guy came up big in a game we ended up needing him. Not so much with his 3 point shooting as with the job he did on Defense. He wasn't stellar, but he certainly didn't hurt us out there.

Yeah, we got killed on the boards by the clips, but so has everyone else as of late.

Jefferson might be a pr!ck, but he's long been a pr!ck.

As for Blair, the guys was simply outmatched, you can't drag on his effort- he came out trying. How could you not expect Griffin to be snagging boards and catching lobs over a 6'7" PF whose game does not revolve around athleticism.

Give me a break.

The Spurs were riding the NBA's longest winning streak at the time this thread got bumped. And if they lost the game against LAC, it would have been do to a huge fluke, the fluke being Gary Neal fumbling the ball at the 3 point line. That's as fluky as a Terry Porter fumble. This is the same Neal that took and hit huge shots for us last year. Not exactly the gutless worm described in the OP's post.

It took one fluky play to out-do another.

To me, it seemed OP was just sitting on this thread waiting to bring it up again. He wanted to cry "I told you so" to all of us, but guess the basketball gods found a reason to throw egg on his face.

These young guys (mainly Green) have been gutsy for us, not gutless. And the only worm on the team (at the moment) is Richard Jefferson. Every teams gotta have one I guess. It's too bad we can't flip him for another worm like Biedrins.

TD 21
02-19-2012, 06:55 PM
It's easy to say the Spurs need a big. But they don't have any enticing assets to get a quality one in the trade market. No one is going to trade for RJ. Blair isn't an asset -- he would fail a physical and he's obviously in decline. Players like Green and Leonard have more value to the Spurs than outside teams. Splitter has value but it'd make little sense to trade him.

Their main hope is that some veteran gets waived after the trade deadline and they are able to entice him with a decent contract. Other than that, the Spurs will get outbid for any decent big on the trade market.

No, they don't have enticing enough assets to get a surefire starter (unless they want to take back a bad contract). But I don't buy that they don't have enough assets to get a better fit. They just value chemistry/corporate knowledge -- and probably their 1st round pick and upcoming cap space -- too much to make what may appear to not be much of an upgrade.

But even in the event you're right, that's nobody's fault but their own. They had McDyess' contract in the off season to play with and there were some intriguing bigs that could have been had at very affordable prices. None were surefire starters, but I'd much rather have a guy like, say Clark or Wright right now than no one or some D-Leaguer. They dropped the ball, no need to make excuses for them. There's enough people here that do that already.

This could happen. We'll see once Ginobili is at 100%. Only if their backs are up against the wall in the playoffs and they're desperate. Like last year, when they finally, mercifully inserted Splitter into the rotation.

Obviously you'd want Bowens and Horrys surrounding the Big 3 but those days are gone. You can blame the FO for that. But calling the Spurs "gutless worms" is just a horrible take. At the end of the day, this team is mostly basically the Big 3 and fillers. You can't bash the team as a whole and it not hit the Big 3.

It's fair to call the Spurs too old, not good enough anymore, poorly designed, etc. ... but not gutless. You're too good of a poster to keep bumping this lame thread, tbh.I didn't say Bowens or Horrys. I'm talking about Greens and Neals. Just someone that doesn't go fetal in hostile environments and isn't afraid of the moment.

I can bash whatever segment of the team I choose, even if it doesn't get the timvp stamp of approval. If you've seen a number of my posts -- and I know you have -- you'd know that I rarely bash the big three for anything. If anything, I'm probably too lenient with them.

But I'm past sick and tired of the sloppy, panic play in crunch time on the road against elite teams. This is a big part of the reason why those teams clearly don't respect them, because even when they lose, they often feel like the Spurs just got lucky. They need to put their foot on these teams throats when they've got them down and send a message.

Spursfanfromafar
02-19-2012, 07:08 PM
I can bash whatever segment of the team I choose, even if it doesn't get the timvp stamp of approval. If you've seen a number of my posts -- and I know you have -- you'd know that I rarely bash the big three for anything. If anything, I'm probably too lenient with them.

Gutless worm.

benefactor
02-19-2012, 07:09 PM
It's so cute when you play the "I'm standing up to Spurstalk's elite" card. You used to do it all the time when you first started posting here. I remember when you used to rant about people disrespecting you because of your post count.

Good times.

Kindergarten Cop
02-19-2012, 07:16 PM
this thread is a joke at the moment.

I'm not a big bonner fan but the guy came up big in a game we ended up needing him. Not so much with his 3 point shooting as with the job he did on defense. He wasn't stellar, but he certainly didn't hurt us out there.

Yeah, we got killed on the boards by the clips, but so has everyone else as of late.

Jefferson might be a pr!ck, but he's long been a pr!ck.

As for blair, the guys was simply outmatched, you can't drag on his effort- he came out trying. How could you not expect griffin to be snagging boards and catching lobs over a 6'7" pf whose game does not revolve around athleticism.

Give me a break.

The spurs were riding the nba's longest winning streak at the time this thread got bumped. And if they lost the game against lac, it would have been do to a huge fluke, the fluke being gary neal fumbling the ball at the 3 point line. That's as fluky as a terry porter fumble. This is the same neal that took and hit huge shots for us last year. Not exactly the gutless worm described in the op's post.

It took one fluky play to out-do another.

To me, it seemed op was just sitting on this thread waiting to bring it up again. He wanted to cry "i told you so" to all of us, but guess the basketball gods found a reason to throw egg on his face.

These young guys (mainly green) have been gutsy for us, not gutless. And the only worm on the team (at the moment) is richard jefferson. Every teams gotta have one i guess. It's too bad we can't flip him for another worm like biedrins.

+1

TD 21
02-19-2012, 07:16 PM
It's so cute when you play the "I'm standing up to Spurstalk's elite" card. You used to do it all the time when you first started posting here. I remember when you used to rant about people disrespecting you because of your post count.

Good times.

I don't play any card, I just tell it like it is and I'm not going to apologize for not being an ass kisser, like yourself and many others on this board.

People on this board focus more on post count than any board I've ever seen. Even though the moment I graced this board with my presence I was already on the short list of most knowledgeable posters, very few were willing to admit that. It was abundantly clear why.

benefactor
02-19-2012, 07:17 PM

Love it. Keep 'em coming.

jjktkk
02-19-2012, 07:27 PM
No, they don't have enticing enough assets to get a surefire starter (unless they want to take back a bad contract). But I don't buy that they don't have enough assets to get a better fit. They just value chemistry/corporate knowledge -- and probably their 1st round pick and upcoming cap space -- too much to make what may appear to not be much of an upgrade.

But even in the event you're right, that's nobody's fault but their own. They had McDyess' contract in the off season to play with and there were some intriguing bigs that could have been had at very affordable prices. None were surefire starters, but I'd much rather have a guy like, say Clark or Wright right now than no one or some D-Leaguer. They dropped the ball, no need to make excuses for them. There's enough people here that do that already.

Only if their backs are up against the wall in the playoffs and they're desperate. Like last year, when they finally, mercifully inserted Splitter into the rotation.

I didn't say Bowens or Horrys. I'm talking about Greens and Neals. Just someone that doesn't go fetal in hostile environments and isn't afraid of the moment.

But I'm past sick and tired of the sloppy, panic play in crunch time on the road against elite teams. This is a big part of the reason why those teams clearly don't respect them, because even when they lose, they often feel like the Spurs just got lucky. They need to put their foot on these teams throats when they've got them down and send a message.

:wakeup

Spursfanfromafar
02-19-2012, 08:23 PM
People on this board focus more on post count than any board I've ever seen. Even though the moment I graced this board with my presence I was already on the short list of most knowledgeable posters, very few were willing to admit that. It was abundantly clear why.

Your vanity only embellishes your idiocy of bumping this thread during a period, when the Spurs are performing in the top 3 of the NBA for an extended period of time despite personnel shortcomings.

TD 21
03-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Another pathetic, inexplicable effort. They're rested, at home and playing a beat up team, yet they find a way to lose. The game was there for the taking throughout, yet it was as if they didn't want it. Not a single guy treated this as if it were necessary to win down the stretch, which is confusing considering some of the teams they've got coming up at home and the fact that they have two back-to-back-to-backs not long after that.

Apparently they haven't taken a look at the standings and realized that the second seed is crucial, as there's six high quality teams in the West. The difference between getting the Lakers, Mavs or Grizzlies or the Rockets, Nuggets, Timberwolves or Trail Blazers, is huge.

The atrocious officiating and beyond atrocious use of the rotation by the genius didn't help matters, to be sure. But still. Jefferson, Bonner, Splitter and surprisingly Green, put force pathetic effort. They were beyond soft and were the reason this team once again got bludgeoned on the glass.

I've had it with the spotty effort of this team. They're not talented enough to think they can play in spurts. It's funny, the Bulls, a clearly superior team, don't do that, yet this team has the audacity to. What's worse is that only one of them plays relatively significant minutes, so there's not even a fatigue excuse.

slick'81
03-05-2012, 12:28 AM
yeah no stops when they had to and faried laughing his ass off at the spurs front line

TD 21
03-05-2012, 12:33 AM
yeah no stops when they had to and faried laughing his ass off at the spurs front line

No key stops, no rebounding, no sense of direction or purpose on offense, questionable coaching move, one after another and some punk ass rookie running around laughing in their faces and getting away with it. Never mind putting him on his ass, not one guy appeared to even talk trash to him. Nothing. They just let him walk all over them.

arles
03-05-2012, 12:41 AM
some punk ass rookie running around laughing in their faces and getting away with it. Never mind putting him on his ass, not one guy appeared to even talk trash to him. Nothing. They just let him walk all over them.

I don't think anybody in this team is a gutless worm.
But I have to say that pissed me off SO MUCH.

I mad.

TE
03-05-2012, 12:54 AM
I don't think anybody in this team is a gutless worm.
But I have to say that pissed me off SO MUCH.

I mad.

Yeah, same here. You'd think someone would nut up and do something about it. I mean, if you aren't going to talk shit, then fucking show it in play. By play I mean the basics: boxing out, fighting for position when need be, hell even committing a hard foul so as not to allow the easy dunk.

If there is one thing I'm getting tired at is teams disrespecting us.

therealtruth
03-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Yeah, same here. You'd think someone would nut up and do something about it. I mean, if you aren't going to talk shit, then fucking show it in play. By play I mean the basics: boxing out, fighting for position when need be, hell even committing a hard foul so as not to allow the easy dunk.

If there is one thing I'm getting tired at is teams disrespecting us.

You say that like it's possible. This team is overmatched athletically.

jjktkk
03-05-2012, 03:08 AM
I've had it with the spotty effort of this team.

TJastal
03-05-2012, 03:28 AM
Another pathetic, inexplicable effort. They're rested, at home and playing a beat up team, yet they find a way to lose. The game was there for the taking throughout, yet it was as if they didn't want it. Not a single guy treated this as if it were necessary to win down the stretch, which is confusing considering some of the teams they've got coming up at home and the fact that they have two back-to-back-to-backs not long after that.

Apparently they haven't taken a look at the standings and realized that the second seed is crucial, as there's six high quality teams in the West. The difference between getting the Lakers, Mavs or Grizzlies or the Rockets, Nuggets, Timberwolves or Trail Blazers, is huge.

The atrocious officiating and beyond atrocious use of the rotation by the genius didn't help matters, to be sure. But still. Jefferson, Bonner, Splitter and surprisingly Green, put force pathetic effort. They were beyond soft and were the reason this team once again got bludgeoned on the glass.

I've had it with the spotty effort of this team. They're not talented enough to think they can play in spurts. It's funny, the Bulls, a clearly superior team, don't do that, yet this team has the audacity to. What's worse is that only one of them plays relatively significant minutes, so there's not even a fatigue excuse.

+1

This thread unfortunately continues to build steam.

Seems like this spurs team is now stuck in 'forfeit' mode thanks to all of Pop's tinkering.

jermaine
03-05-2012, 05:03 PM
No key stops, no rebounding, no sense of direction or purpose on offense, questionable coaching move, one after another and some punk ass rookie running around laughing in their faces and getting away with it. Never mind putting him on his ass, not one guy appeared to even talk trash to him. Nothing. They just let him walk all over them.

This nigga was smiling from ear to ear, with that long nappy ass nigga hair. But we gotta remember we're the good ole boys that act 1st class. We never show to much emotion after a great play, an we pick up opposing team players prtr the floor when they fall. We the muthafuckin Spurs baby.

jjktkk
03-05-2012, 05:10 PM
+1

Seems like this spurs team is now stuck in 'forfeit' mode thanks to all of Pop's tinkering.

if only your 2 cents had any value on here. :lol

TJastal
03-06-2012, 09:03 AM
if only your 2 cents had any value on here. :lol

More than yours tbh.

TJastal
03-06-2012, 09:14 AM
This nigga was smiling from ear to ear, with that long nappy ass nigga hair. But we gotta remember we're the good ole boys that act 1st class. We never show to much emotion after a great play, an we pick up opposing team players prtr the floor when they fall. We the muthafuckin Spurs baby.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/972/thumbnailql.jpg

ChumpDumper
03-06-2012, 11:05 AM
+1

Seems like this spurs team is now stuck in 'forfeit' mode thanks to all of Pop's tinkering.:lmao

TJastal
03-06-2012, 11:15 AM
:lmao

Losing is funny?

ChumpDumper
03-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Losing is funny?it's your raison d'être.

Educate yourself for once and look it up.

TJastal
03-06-2012, 11:35 AM
it's your raison d'être.

Educate yourself for once and look it up.

You'd just love to convince everyone that is true, wouldn't you? :lol

My one hope is by at least losing the regular season, it might force Pop to make some changes which are desperately needed. As long as the team keeps winning these fools gold games, everybody stays in a their "Pop is good. Pop is great" trance. Like the guy in the desert that keeps seeing a mirage of water in the distance and keeps walking furthur and furthur, getting himself even more lost.

Nice french word of the day, though. Fits with the general theme of the rest of today's threads.

TD 21
06-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Just when I thought I could finally put this thread to rest . . .

What a soft, pathetic performance in these two games. Sure, they were due, but it's not like they couldn't make a shot. They still shot the lights out from three in these two games (that might be the most alarming thing), yet still lost handily. And let's face it, they should probably be down 3-1. Other than the fourth quarter of game one and a stretch during the second and third quarters of game two, the offense hasn't been smooth at all and to compound matters, they can't guard this team. Not even adequately. Basically, they have to hope and prey that they just flat out have an off shooting game.

What pissed me off the most though, was how soft and scared this team was. Letting a bunch of young, never-won-a-damn-thing punks look like the confident, grizzled vets. Ibaka, Perkins and Collison had what felt like at least 10 dunks, yet no one layed them out. Ibaka, especially, needed to be put on his ass, since he was the most frequent offender and is by far the most arrogant of the bunch. Nothing was done. Splitter and Bonner flat out had disgusting performances. Pop needs to chew the entire team out, but them especially.

timtonymanu
06-02-2012, 10:59 PM
We seriously needed this thread back?

Texas_Ranger
06-02-2012, 11:00 PM
great thread tbh...

DeadlyDynasty
06-02-2012, 11:00 PM
These Spurs aren't the type to lay anyone out. They're better than last year, but they still have a soft gooey center.

timvp
06-02-2012, 11:04 PM
:lmao TD 21 meltdown. The definition of a fair-weathered fan. When the Spurs are winning, he scoffs anybody who dares say the Spurs have weaknesses on defense, the Thunder are a challenge, etc.

Now the Spurs face adversity and he's throwing the entire team under the bus.

C

L

A

S

S

I

C

SenorSpur
06-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Just when I thought I could finally put this thread to rest . . .

What a soft, pathetic performance in these two games. Sure, they were due, but it's not like they couldn't make a shot. They still shot the lights out from three in these two games (that might be the most alarming thing), yet still lost handily. And let's face it, they should probably be down 3-1. Other than the fourth quarter of game one and a stretch during the second and third quarters of game two, the offense hasn't been smooth at all and to compound matters, they can't guard this team. Not even adequately. Basically, they have to hope and prey that they just flat out have an off shooting game.

What pissed me off the most though, was how soft and scared this team was. Letting a bunch of young, never-won-a-damn-thing punks look like the confident, grizzled vets. Ibaka, Perkins and Collison had what felt like at least 10 dunks, yet no one layed them out. Ibaka, especially, needed to be put on his ass, since he was the most frequent offender and is by far the most arrogant of the bunch. Nothing was done. Splitter and Bonner flat out had disgusting performances. Pop needs to chew the entire team out, but them especially.

I admit the sight of those Thunder players storming down the lane and dunking over the Spurs is absolutely sickening. For once, I do wish the Spurs players would take a foul and prevent it. The bigs may be overwhelmed physically and athleticially, but that doesn't make they can't box out, play phyiscal and foul hard without enabling a 3-pt play. There's is really no excuse for the soft play. If they're going to lose, I'd really prefer to see more effort and physicality in the process.

TD 21
06-02-2012, 11:05 PM
:lmao TD 21 meltdown. The definition of a fair-weathered fan. When the Spurs are winning, he scoffs anybody who dares say the Spurs have weaknesses on defense, the Thunder are a challenge, etc.

Now the Spurs face adversity and he's throwing the entire team under the bus.

C

L

A

S

S

I

C

Fair weather is when you're off the band wagon when things are bleak. I'm not at all off, I'm just calling it like it is. These were two soft, scared, pathetic performances.

timvp
06-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Fair weather is when you're off the band wagon when things are bleak. I'm not at all off, I'm just calling it like it is. These were two soft, scared, pathetic performances.

When the Spurs are doing well, you scoff anyone who dares give the opponent even a shred of respect.

When the Spurs are facing adversity, you call them soft, scared, pathetic and throw all the Spurs under the bus.

Fair-weathered to a T, fwiw.

I don't want to see you back on the bandwagon after Game 5.

DeadlyDynasty
06-02-2012, 11:13 PM
yes! spurfan on spurfan violence warms my heart:)

CosmicCowboy
06-02-2012, 11:14 PM

I'm laughing at you asshole.

TD 21
06-02-2012, 11:17 PM
When the Spurs are doing well, you scoff anyone who dares give the opponent even a shred of respect.

When the Spurs are facing adversity, you call them soft, scared, pathetic and throw all the Spurs under the bus.

Fair-weathered to a T, fwiw.

I don't want to see you back on the bandwagon after Game 5.

Because you and many others Spurs fans MO is to act like scared little bitches whenever they play a half decent or better team.

No, I call it like it is. There's a difference.

I never got off. I haven't uttered a word about it "being over" or anything of that sort, so stop playing this "you're flip flopping" game. I said all season they would beat the Thunder and make the Finals and I still have them doing so. But that doesn't mean I'm going to give them a free ride for these soft performances. Like I said, if it were just bad shooting, fine. But they're flat out getting punked . . . by a bunch of punks.

timvp
06-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah, it's softness and has nothing to do with their bigs shooting 22-of-25 ... with most of the damage done away from the rim. And nothing to do with Durant turning into a 6-foot-10 Michael Jordan down the stretch.

This is the same Spurs team that won 20 straight games. The same level of softness. The same level of toughness. Even when times were going good, they weren't laying out the opposition or doing any of that thuggish stuff you fantasize about.

The Spurs are the Spurs.

You're either in or you're out. Coming and going when you please is fair-weathered, Mr. Fair-Weather.

AnthonyM
06-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Rofl people calling the Spurs gutless or heartless like they have been the last two games.

Heartless is what Dwight Howard did in Orlando this year. Toying with his team and being the center of a media circus and basically holding your team hostage is heartless.

Kobe taking 3 shots in the second half of Game 7 against the Suns in 2006 just to prove a point is heartless.

No one on this team has ever gone to the media to prove a point. They have never put themselves before the team. Everyone wearing the Silver and Black right now is putting the team before themselves. Nothing heartless or gutless about that.

Spurs fan need to realize what is in front of them: A great team with one of the greatest players on his last legs...facing a great, young up-and-coming team. Enjoy the ride, and believe in the Spurs. If you don't, you're the one that is heartless.

BillMc
06-02-2012, 11:31 PM
yeah, it's softness and has nothing to do with their bigs shooting 22-of-25 ... With most of the damage done away from the rim. And nothing to do with durant turning into a 6-foot-10 michael jordan down the stretch.

This is the same spurs team that won 20 straight games. The same level of softness. The same level of toughness. Even when times were going good, they weren't laying out the opposition or doing any of that thuggish stuff you fantasize about.

The spurs are the spurs.

You're either in or you're out. Coming and going when you please is fair-weathered, mr. Fair-weather.

+2000

timtonymanu
06-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Yeah, it's softness and has nothing to do with their bigs shooting 22-of-25 ... with most of the damage done away from the rim. And nothing to do with Durant turning into a 6-foot-10 Michael Jordan down the stretch.

This is the same Spurs team that won 20 straight games. The same level of softness. The same level of toughness. Even when times were going good, they weren't laying out the opposition or doing any of that thuggish stuff you fantasize about.

The Spurs are the Spurs.

You're either in or you're out. Coming and going when you please is fair-weathered, Mr. Fair-Weather.

Well said.

CosmicCowboy
06-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Well said.

X1000

Spurs are gonna gut this series out.

This is the real NBA championship.

ducks
06-02-2012, 11:38 PM
the thunder are a true title team
I expected a 6 game series

MannyIsGod
06-03-2012, 05:58 AM
You don't get to celebreate shit if this team wins. What a bitch you are, OP.

KenziE
06-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Rofl people calling the Spurs gutless or heartless like they have been the last two games.

Heartless is what Dwight Howard did in Orlando this year. Toying with his team and being the center of a media circus and bas
ically holding your team hostage is heartless.

Kobe taking 3 shots in the second half of Game 7 against the Suns in 2006 just to prove a point is heartless.

No one on this team has ever gone to the media to prove a point. They have never put themselves before the team. Everyone wearing the Silver and Black right now is putting the team before themselves. Nothing heartless or gutless about that.

Spurs fan need to realize what is in front of them: A great team with one of the greatest players on his last legs...facing a great, young up-and-coming team. Enjoy the ride, and believe in the Spurs. If you don't, you're the one that is heartless.

This

bulakenyo
06-03-2012, 06:42 AM
The Spurs did not play perfect, but at least they limited 2 of the OKC big 3.

The OKC supporting cast just played way beyond expectations, than what you would normally expect them to play, even allowing for an above average game for the other OKC guys.

I think it was the plan to make the big guys shoot more instead of the stars, only they just shot sooo well.

I think they shouldn't sag off too much the outside guys of OKC, they always get burned. Once the Spurs get behind by half a step on the quickly penetrating perimeter guy who got the ball off a drive and draw play, the whole SAS defense and help out/switching gets messed up, leading to OKC dunks.

And Bonner should launch those 3's, make or miss. No more dribble-drives.
So disappointed with the guy. I was giving him a chance this playoffs.

I hope they get the win next game.

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 07:45 AM
I may be late, but shame on you for bumping this thread. You worthless piece of gutless worm.

The Reckoning
06-03-2012, 07:51 AM
:cry but pop wants some nasty :cry

Spursfanfromafar
06-03-2012, 08:20 AM
The gutless worm in this thread is the OP.. Not a fairweather fan but an attention grabbing gutless worm.

TD 21
06-03-2012, 04:56 PM

The Spurs are the Spurs.

They weren't doing those things because they were blowing teams out regularly. Nobody does those things when that's happening. But when a bunch of young, arrogant, disrespectful punks like this is constantly dunking on you and parading around like they just won the championship, you think at some point somebody would have said to themselves "enough of shit" and actually do something about it. Not continue to roll out the welcome mat.

"They want it," Jackson said. "That's the only thing I can say about that. They want to be here, they want to win. I love the passion in those young guys over there in that locker room. I love the passion, I love how much they want it. I just want us to be the same way come the next game.

The Spurs "can't get younger, but you've got to have that fire, have that energy from the beginning of the game like they are," Jackson said. "They're ready to play. It takes us a quarter or second quarter or even third quarter for us to get going and playing physical and hitting first. We've got to be that team from the beginning of the game. We can't just rely on being home and trying to win at home."

This is a man who get's it. This wasn't about their bigs shooting the lights out or Durant ascending into god mode. That probably would have done any team in in the end. But where was the fight? If not for a three-point barrage, they're not even in this game.

And for the record, I'm always in. I'm just never going to be a fan who can't criticize their team. It's only right that if I build them up when they're playing well, that I lay into them when they're not. Game three, I gave them a pass. If any team had earned a free pass in a playoff game, it was them. That didn't mean it was acceptable to not show up, just that they were long overdue for a poor performance. But to follow it up with such a soft performance in game four was unacceptable.

smeagol
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM

Shoot yourself and end the misery, asshole . . ..

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Faggot OP will again bump this the next time we lose.

TD 21
06-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Listen, dumb shits, I don't mind the vile comments, but let's get something straight: I don't bump this every time "we lose". I bump this when I see gutless efforts and last night was absolutely a gutless effort, particularly on the heels of game three. Now, if you have a problem with it, then don't read it.

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Listen, dumb shits, I don't mind the vile comments, but let's get something straight: I don't bump this every time "we lose". I bump this when I see gutless efforts and last night was absolutely a gutless effort, particularly on the heels of game three. Now, if you have a problem with it, then don't read it.

:cry

Isai659
06-03-2012, 08:15 PM
You sad sad Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_....they almost played a close to flawless game as a team and they barely won...U Mad?..yeah u mad!:lmao

Jumi
06-03-2012, 08:27 PM
The Spurs lost a game last night, I get that, but to say they played gutless, is bullshit! They didn't match the intensity level of the Thunder, but this has always been a calm team outside of Manu and now Capt Jack! They played shitty defense, Pop made bad coaching decisions and Durant played like the player he is!

Reality check, the Thunder are a very good team. That's why most people picked them to win the West this year before we did our thing. That's why they led the West for the majority of the season. They have one of the best HCA's in the ENTIRE league, two of the top 7 scorers and the sixth freaking man of the year!!! Their bigs went 22 for 25, mostly from outside jumpshots, and we didn't get the goaltending calls!!! We have a damn good team and we aren't playing the Clippers or the Jazz.

They know what they have to do, but do you as a fan?????

Keep the faith, baby!!

:flag:

benefactor
06-03-2012, 08:29 PM
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/rattlehead666/exorcism_regan_hemad.jpg

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
The Spurs lost a game last night, I get that, but to say they played gutless, is bullshit! They didn't match the intensity level of the Thunder, but this has always been a calm team outside of Manu and now Capt Jack! They played shitty defense, Pop made bad coaching decisions and Durant played like the player he is!

Reality check, the Thunder are a very good team. That's why most people picked them to win the West this year before we did our thing. That's why they led the West for the majority of the season. They have one of the best HCA's in the ENTIRE league, two of the top 7 scorers and the sixth freaking man of the year!!! Their bigs went 22 for 25, mostly from outside jumpshots, and we didn't get the goaltending calls!!! We have a damn good team and we aren't playing the Clippers or the Jazz.

They know what they have to do, but do you as a fan?????

Keep the faith, baby!!

:flag:

Everyone is making you a jizzrag TD-21. Accept it baby.

spursince#99
06-03-2012, 09:05 PM
they weren't doing those things because they were blowing teams out regularly. Nobody does those things when that's happening. But when a bunch of young, arrogant, disrespectful punks like this is constantly dunking on you and parading around like they just won the championship, you think at some point somebody would have said to themselves "enough of shit" and actually do something about it. Not continue to roll out the welcome mat.

"they want it," jackson said. "that's the only thing i can say about that. They want to be here, they want to win. I love the passion in those young guys over there in that locker room. I love the passion, i love how much they want it. I just want us to be the same way come the next game.

the spurs "can't get younger, but you've got to have that fire, have that energy from the beginning of the game like they are," jackson said. "they're ready to play. It takes us a quarter or second quarter or even third quarter for us to get going and playing physical and hitting first. We've got to be that team from the beginning of the game. We can't just rely on being home and trying to win at home."

this is a man who get's it. This wasn't about their bigs shooting the lights out or durant ascending into god mode. That probably would have done any team in in the end. But where was the fight? If not for a three-point barrage, they're not even in this game.

And for the record, i'm always in. I'm just never going to be a fan who can't criticize their team. It's only right that if i build them up when they're playing well, that i lay into them when they're not. Game three, i gave them a pass. If any team had earned a free pass in a playoff game, it was them. That didn't mean it was acceptable to not show up, just that they were long overdue for a poor performance. But to follow it up with such a soft performance in game four was unacceptable.

+1000000000000000

TD 21
05-12-2013, 05:59 PM
They weren't doing those things because they were blowing teams out regularly. Nobody does those things when that's happening. But when a bunch of young, arrogant, disrespectful punks like this is constantly dunking on you and parading around like they just won the championship, you think at some point somebody would have said to themselves "enough of shit" and actually do something about it. Not continue to roll out the welcome mat.

"They want it," Jackson said. "That's the only thing I can say about that. They want to be here, they want to win. I love the passion in those young guys over there in that locker room. I love the passion, I love how much they want it. I just want us to be the same way come the next game.

The Spurs "can't get younger, but you've got to have that fire, have that energy from the beginning of the game like they are," Jackson said. "They're ready to play. It takes us a quarter or second quarter or even third quarter for us to get going and playing physical and hitting first. We've got to be that team from the beginning of the game. We can't just rely on being home and trying to win at home."

This is a man who get's it. This wasn't about their bigs shooting the lights out or Durant ascending into god mode. That probably would have done any team in in the end. But where was the fight? If not for a three-point barrage, they're not even in this game.

And for the record, I'm always in. I'm just never going to be a fan who can't criticize their team. It's only right that if I build them up when they're playing well, that I lay into them when they're not. Game three, I gave them a pass. If any team had earned a free pass in a playoff game, it was them. That didn't mean it was acceptable to not show up, just that they were long overdue for a poor performance. But to follow it up with such a soft performance in game four was unacceptable.

Different year, same problems. If this pathetic, disgraceful bunch gives away what should be their Finals spot again (and this time, it would be even worse, as the Westbrook injury should have clinched it for them), then everything short of trading Duncan needs to be looked at. I'm not just talking personnel, either; I'm talking about their vaunted "culture", too.

Take this game for example. All the babying all year and yet when they need the key players to typical NBA minutes for key players in the playoffs, they can't do it for more than a game. Predictably, they were completely out of gas down the stretch. So now, instead of disposing of this mediocre team in five, like they should have, they'll probably have to kill themselves to eke it out in seven, be gassed going into the WCF and get emasculated by the overrated Grizzlies again. What an embarrassment.

Harry Callahan
05-12-2013, 06:26 PM
The gutless worm is still the OP. Sorry.

TD 21
05-12-2013, 07:03 PM
:cry Don't criticize the Spurs. :cry

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-12-2013, 07:15 PM
So many fans just bashing the Spurs. Disgusting

Harry Callahan
05-12-2013, 07:23 PM
OP,

You've dragged out your tiresome complaints three playoffs in a row.

Whatever floats you're boat but you are a fair weather type. Don't deny it.

Most NBA teams don't stay together long enough to "embarrass" themselves like the Spurs have (in your opinion).

Most guys take the Hardin route and seek their personal goals/fortunes. The Thunder haven't even won anything yet and JH ran to Houston.

This Spurs team isn't at the level of their championship level teams - Duncan was the MVP of the league TEN YEARS AGO!

The Spurs blew the game today. They may even be running on fumes due to age and injury. When your core is in its mid to late 30s, it is a much bigger struggle to win playoff games.

They are NOT gutless worms. This team could still end up in the NBA finals given the current state of the Western Conference.

Go cheer for the Heat. They are safer bet to win the whole thing.

TD 21
05-12-2013, 07:42 PM
You've dragged out your tiresome complaints three playoffs in a row.

For good reason. Once they stop melting down, I'll stop calling them out for doing so. In the meantime, I refuse to put on the rose colored glasses.

Whatever floats you're boat but you are a fair weather type. Don't deny it.

Another idiot that doesn't know what that term means.

Most NBA teams don't stay together long enough to "embarrass" themselves like the Spurs have (in your opinion).

I don't want excuses or comparisons. Three years in a row, this team looked like at least co-favorites (and let's face it, two of the three they were outright favorites) to reach the Finals and it looks like they're about to go 0-3. And it's not just that: Look at how they've went out.

Had the Lakers, Mavs, Thunder, whoever, done the same thing, Spurs fans would be giving it to them relentlessly.

They are NOT gutless worms. This team could still end up in the NBA finals given the current state of the Western Conference.

They are. They're as soft as they come and that's why even mediocre, inexperienced teams, who are essentially missing their second best player, have no fear of playing them in a series.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Most of the posters here who know what Spurs basketball is about figured out that this team was a gimmick a long time ago. The "look at our 60 wins!" crowd are just now showing up to the dance.

They were not a gimmick team when they were up 2-0 and should have been in the finals last year.. 2004 had a prime TD and they still blew a 2-0 lead to the Lakers.. Was that a gimmick team?

dbreiden83080
05-12-2013, 07:51 PM

Tim's legacy is all about what he did in his prime. When you win 4 rings in a 9 year prime span that is what makes up a legacy. And Tim was shot physically that year against the Grizzlies we all know that.. 35 years old and playing on one leg..

Agloco
05-12-2013, 08:01 PM
The OP's premise is seriously flawed. The notion that the Spurs post 2008 were/are championship contenders is quite debatable. One should just sit back and enjoy the playoff ride as long as it may last in any given season. Anything past the first round is a bonus imo.

Perhaps once the OP comes to terms with this, the easier he/she will sleep at night.

jjktkk
05-12-2013, 08:10 PM
The OP's premise is seriously flawed. The notion that the Spurs post 2008 were/are championship contenders is quite debatable. One should just sit back and enjoy the playoff ride as long as it may last in any given season. Anything past the first round is a bonus imo.

Perhaps once the OP comes to terms with this, the easier he/she will sleep at night.

Harry Callahan
05-12-2013, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=TD 21;6558466]

Another idiot that doesn't know what that term means.

And it's not just that: Look at how they've went out.

TD21,

If you're going to call me an idiot, don't embarrass yourself in the same post by butchering the English language.

The Spurs lost to Memphis when their 2nd best player FRACTURED HIS FREAKIN' ARM the last day of the regular season and still tried to play. Duncan was on one leg and Parker was beaten down.

The Thunder had to get a ton of help in games 5 and especially game six to win that series - they also had three Grade A, all-star level players in their prime on their side. SA swept the previous two series against the Clippers and Jazz.

SA will probably still figure out a way to win this series and move on. They may even win another series - it's not out of the question with the weaknesses of the remaining teams.

If this team is a miserable failure in your eyes and they don't meet your lofty expectations, move on to some other team. If Tim Duncan, Manu, and Parker were all 5 years younger than they are, your complaints would hold a little more water. To call the team "Gutless Worms" is nothing more than silly hyperbole.

TD 21
05-12-2013, 08:13 PM

That's bullshit. You take out Westbrook and this team should be the overwhelming favorite to reach the Finals. I'm not letting them off the hook because of past success.

TE
05-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Meh.....I'd agree with bumping this if we were going back to Oakland down 3-2. If we go out shamefully like in the past 3-4 years then I'll be pissed. Getting to the finals is this team's ceiling.

Agloco
05-12-2013, 08:45 PM
That's bullshit. You take out Westbrook and this team should be the overwhelming favorite to reach the Finals. I'm not letting them off the hook because of past success.

.......and that's the problem. The fact is that this team is fundamentally different than those championship squads. The only player who is consistently performing at the same level as he was during those runs (or slightly above) is Parker. Unfortunately since he's a scoring PG, we understand how that ends usually.

I understand that uncoupling past success from the present is tough. But once you realize that you're comparing apples and oranges, you'll sleep better.

Sean Cagney
05-12-2013, 08:50 PM
.......and that's the problem. The fact is that this team is fundamentally different than those championship squads. .

Yeah man I agree with you fully on this here.

tesseractive
05-12-2013, 08:56 PM

We really only have seven players who we have any reason to depend on this deep in the playoffs: Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Leonard, Splitter, Green, and Diaw. Of those 7, 5 of them are banged up. We have to carefully watch the minutes for Manu and Tim to keep from wearing them out, and Tony too, to some degree.

All of those things factor in to a team that is physically incapable of performing at its peak for 48 minutes of every single game. Fortunately, we only have to win 4 out of 7 to advance. And I haven't seen anything to show me that these Spurs can't get that done in this series. And I certainly haven't seen anything to suggest that the losses are some sign of a lack of determination or moral fiber.

TD 21
05-12-2013, 09:15 PM
.......and that's the problem. The fact is that this team is fundamentally different than those championship squads. The only player who is consistently performing at the same level as he was during those runs (or slightly above) is Parker. Unfortunately since he's a scoring PG, we understand how that ends usually.

I understand that uncoupling past success from the present is tough. But once you realize that you're comparing apples and oranges, you'll sleep better.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm not comparing them to their old selves, I'm comparing them to the current West (and really, league, outside of the Heat). If you know your stuff, you'd know that, with Westbrook injured (and to a far lesser extent, with the Clippers eliminated), this is by far the best team in the West and that, barring a debilitating injury, there's no excuse for them not to reach the Finals.

Agloco
05-12-2013, 09:42 PM
What the hell are you talking about? I'm not comparing them to their old selves, I'm comparing them to the current West (and really, league, outside of the Heat).

I'm not letting them off the hook because of past success.

Based on these quotes, you've clearly set your expectations based on past success, no? If you are not comparing their current potential to the past, then please explain why you've referenced the Spurs as having "a championship pedigree". I'm not clear as to where that notion could/would come from if not from past successes.

Perhaps you haven't realized what you're doing yet? <shrug>

...... I'm comparing them to the current West (and really, league, outside of the Heat). If you know your stuff, you'd know that, with Westbrook injured (and to a far lesser extent, with the Clippers eliminated), this is by far the best team in the West and that, barring a debilitating injury, there's no excuse for them not to reach the Finals.

As I stated previously once you uncouple your expectations for the current squad from those of bygone seasons, you'll see that the picture is quite a bit more cloudy than you'd have us believe. This iteration of the Spurs is not a clear cut favorite to win the West much less a title imo (yes, I am including the absence of Westbrick in my assessment).

Relax and enjoy compadre, for in the coming years you'll have plenty to cliff dive over.

Agloco
05-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Dupe.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Different year, same problems. If this pathetic, disgraceful bunch gives away what should be their Finals spot again (and this time, it would be even worse, as the Westbrook injury should have clinched it for them), then everything short of trading Duncan needs to be looked at. I'm not just talking personnel, either; I'm talking about their vaunted "culture", too.

Take this game for example. All the babying all year and yet when they need the key players to typical NBA minutes for key players in the playoffs, they can't do it for more than a game. Predictably, they were completely out of gas down the stretch. So now, instead of disposing of this mediocre team in five, like they should have, they'll probably have to kill themselves to eke it out in seven, be gassed going into the WCF and get emasculated by the overrated Grizzlies again. What an embarrassment.

Why do you bother to follow the team? They are anything but the "gutless worms" you describe, and the team culture is what has made them successful long beyond any reasonable expiration date for a team with 3 aging stars.

You seem to be forgetting something - they're out on the court playing against another team, who happens to be on a red-hot streak right now, and that other team is also trying to win the basketball game. Yes, shock horror, the Spurs are';t the only ones trying to win the game.

Is it annoying to collapse at the end? Of course it is, but it has happened to every team that has ever played sports, and it doesn't mean the team wasn't trying. It means they were outplayed when it mattered. This actually happens in sports sometimes and it doesn't mean that the losing team was pathetic. The real question is how will they respond in the next game?

Grow up and get some mature perspective. :rolleyes

PS No idea why you're thinking we should be "overwhelming favourites to win the West" when the Grizz have a superb, utterly choking defence similar to what we had in the early 2000s (although without the Twin Towers setup). Sure, they have problems scoring, but Conley and Z-Bo seem to be figuring that out. Given the momentum-stopping way we ended the season, we are underdogs to win the WCFs IMHO.

therealtruth
05-12-2013, 11:32 PM
For the Spurs mediocrity is 50+ wins and a second round loss. Most teams would have done something against that if they kept getting the same result. The Spurs really only have 7 guys who can they can rely on. They really need more help to get it done over 49 minutes. That's where I think not having Baynes and McGrady ready to play hurts.

Uriel
05-12-2013, 11:47 PM
I don't appreciate the bumping of this thread. They've gone on to lose every series it's been bumped on.

TD 21
05-14-2013, 06:00 PM
You two loser mentality idiots, go and look up some stats, then tell me that with Westbrook injured (and to a far lesser extent, with the Clippers eliminated), this isn't by far the best team in the West. It may not look like it at the moment, but they are and like therealtruth said in another thread, they need to own it and stop pretending these are two evenly matched teams.

I don't want to hear this "there's another team" nonsense. This isn't a one off; we've seen this 3 of the past 4 years (I'll give them last season, even though they were heavily favored going in, because at least then they went down to a coming of age all-time great, plus they were screwed by the league/officials in game 6) and it's about to be 4 of 5, whether they blow this series or get emasculated by the overrated Grizzlies again.

This team has serious issues that go beyond the usual ones that are discussed. They're weak and soft (no other team constantly talks about fatigue because it's a sign of weakness . . . and it's ironic that this one does, since they're the most babied team in the league, had a 1st round bye and had 8 days off between rounds) and this is why deep down, beneath the run of the mill compliments, no one really respects this team. You'd never hear a career loser like Lee taking shots at the Heat or Thunder or, when they were on top, the Lakers and Celtics, the way he did the Spurs last season.

pgardn
05-14-2013, 07:48 PM

This is true. But is also possible that the current playoff teams are not that good either.

I hold out hopes of stealing one.

ElNono
05-14-2013, 09:52 PM
show some fire for crying out loud

midnightpulp
05-14-2013, 10:05 PM
I second this bump.

TD 21
12-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Who is this team kidding? They're not contenders . . . and despite what happened last season, maybe they never were? Until Parker succumbed to injury in the Finals and of course, game 6, basically everything conceivable fell in their favor from the onset of the playoffs on.

To me, the way they've generally functioned against elite teams in the last handful of years (no confidence or mental toughness, panicked coaching and an inability to look anything other than ordinary/dumbfounded when a team takes them out of their offense) is a greater indicator of what to expect than that run was.

This performance was as sorry as it gets. Well rested, at home, win less against credible competition on the season and if that wasn't enough, you'd think doubly motivated by sending a message to an upstart contender. Instead, a core with as many combined rings as one's fingers and a team that should be reigning champions, bowed down and were in awe of a team that's never won 50 games, probably wouldn't even have a Conference Finals appearance to their name if Rose is upright in the playoffs last season and doesn't exactly have multiple future first ballot Hall-of-Famers.

Exacerbating all this is Parker and Duncan being well off of their levels of the past two seasons. At this writing, of the top eight teams in the league, this team has the worst best player of the bunch and it's not even all that close.

ElNono
12-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Coasting... wake me up in February... yawn

Skull-1
12-07-2013, 11:09 PM
^^^^^ TD21--- Duh. Parker was faking it though last season.

ChumpDumper
12-07-2013, 11:15 PM
lol December bump

tmtcsc
12-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Overreact much?

http://media.giphy.com/media/83DktQamVJYty/giphy.gif

DesignatedT
12-07-2013, 11:16 PM

RD2191
12-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Who is this team kidding? They're not contenders . . . and despite what happened last season, maybe they never were? Until Parker succumbed to injury in the Finals and of course, game 6, basically everything conceivable fell in their favor from the onset of the playoffs on.

To me, the way they've generally functioned against elite teams in the last handful of years (no confidence or mental toughness, panicked coaching and an inability to look anything other than ordinary/dumbfounded when a team takes them out of their offense) is a greater indicator of what to expect than that run was.

This performance was as sorry as it gets. Well rested, at home, win less against credible competition on the season and if that wasn't enough, you'd think doubly motivated by sending a message to an upstart contender. Instead, a core with as many combined rings as one's fingers and a team that should be reigning champions, bowed down and were in awe of a team that's never won 50 games, probably wouldn't even have a Conference Finals appearance to their name if Rose is upright in the playoffs last season and doesn't exactly have multiple future first ballot Hall-of-Famers.

Exacerbating all this is Parker and Duncan being well off of their levels of the past two seasons. At this writing, of the top eight teams in the league, this team has the worst best player of the bunch and it's not even all that close.

RD2191
12-07-2013, 11:19 PM
td 21 dropping truff bombs tonight

ChumpDumper
12-07-2013, 11:38 PM
There are no December truth bombs.

Harry Callahan
12-07-2013, 11:59 PM
According to TD 21 the spurs would not get out of the second round in 2013. TD21 is a gutless worm. Robdiaz2191 may be TD21. I'm not sure but they sound like "fans".

ElNono
12-24-2013, 09:45 AM

Skull-1
12-24-2013, 09:49 AM
There are no December truth b-- *Explosion*

And when the radiation dissipated enough for teams to survey the carnage, there was nothing left of StumpHumper to be found.

polandprzem
12-24-2013, 10:03 AM
There are no December truth bombs.

What about Santa not being real?

ChumpDumper
12-24-2013, 02:03 PM
And when the radiation dissipated enough for teams to survey the carnage, there was nothing left of StumpHumper to be found.It took you two weeks to think up that one?

RD2191
12-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Lol cum dumpster. Faggot.

ChumpDumper
12-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Poor rob.

ezau
12-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Lol cum dumpster. Faggot.

Did you tell your entire be:lolner family that I'm about to curbstomp you on Saturday? Show up you fucking coward.

RD2191
12-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Show up where faggot?

Venti Quattro
04-23-2014, 09:20 PM
:lmao ElNono bumping this per your request

ElNono
04-23-2014, 09:24 PM

TE
04-23-2014, 09:25 PM
Good bump. Well deserved.

Budkin
04-23-2014, 09:28 PM

:tu VQ. Bet you are happy this evening.

spurraider21
04-23-2014, 09:29 PM

:lmao no wonder you were flipping out in the other cliff diving thread. its your MO

Venti Quattro
04-23-2014, 09:32 PM
:tu VQ. Bet you are happy this evening.
I'm happy not because of the Spurs tbh. I don't invest emotions on teams I don't root for

Ginobili3
04-23-2014, 10:41 PM

TD 21
05-02-2014, 09:51 PM
They did it again. They probably will win game 7, but who cares? They've had to expend too much energy in the process for it to matter in the long run and if the Trail Blazers wrap it up tonight, they're probably gone in six games. Either way, a championship is no longer realistic, not just because of that, but because of the lack of a top ten player. It's been their Achilles heel all season and it's cost them in this series.

That and the fact that they're a bunch of mentally fragile (heck, post game six, might as well call it, broken) losers. The way they played in game four was beyond embarrassing. Literally were done from the start until Ginobili grabbed them by the scruff of the neck and willed them to survival. The rest all looked terrified from the jump, particularly down the stretch, when it was clear none of them wanted the ball. Then tonight, another predictable collapse down the stretch, filled with more laughable coaching.

This team never had me fooled this season.

RD2191
05-02-2014, 09:52 PM
They did it again. They probably will win game 7, but who cares? They've had to expend too much energy in the process for it to matter in the long run and if the Trail Blazers wrap it up tonight, they're probably gone in six games. Either way, a championship is no longer realistic, not just because of that, but because of the lack of a top ten player. It's been their Achilles heel all season and it's cost them in this series.

That and the fact that they're a bunch of mentally fragile (heck, post game six, might as well call it, broken) losers. The way they played in game four was beyond embarrassing. Literally were done from the start until Ginobili grabbed them by the scruff of the neck and willed them to survival. The rest all looked terrified from the jump, particularly down the stretch, when it was clear none of them wanted the ball. Then tonight, another predictable collapse down the stretch, filled with more laughable coaching.

RD2191
05-02-2014, 09:53 PM
How can anyone doubt this man?

Malice
05-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Fuck this team. Good luck with game 7, Im through investing any more emotional response to this team. Gutless is appropriate...

Two10Whitey
05-02-2014, 09:56 PM
LOL@this thread :lmao

ElNono
05-27-2014, 10:26 PM
bump

midnightpulp
05-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Appropriate bump.

timtonymanu
05-27-2014, 10:31 PM
Necessary bump. If Bonner and Joseph are giving the Spurs the most hustle tonight, it's all around pathetic performance.

therealtruth
05-27-2014, 11:19 PM
We're not playing the Blazers anymore.

therealtruth
05-27-2014, 11:31 PM
The biggest gutless worm is saying it was a mistake to attack the rim.

siraulo23
05-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Necessary bump. If Bonner and Joseph are giving the Spurs the most hustle tonight, it's all around pathetic performance.

+100

Duncanforthree
05-28-2014, 09:01 AM
Hopefully we can bump this thread for a positive reason in the near future.

G-Nob
05-28-2014, 09:24 AM
I'll never understand the level of give-up this team always seem to be consumed with when it doesn't feel the ball is bouncing their way early in a game.

benefactor
05-29-2014, 11:02 PM

Just blew the Thunder out in a pivotal game 5.

You are a faggot.

TD 21
06-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Just blew the Thunder out in a pivotal game 5.

You are a faggot.

Not surprisingly, you're too stupid to realize that Ibaka playing in the first two games could have very well swung the series.

In the end though, not only did the Spurs got the desired result, but technically no one was wrong, because we'll never know with any certainty whether he would have or not.

pgardn
06-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Not surprisingly, you're too stupid to realize that Ibaka playing in the first two games could have very well swung the series.

In the end though, not only did the Spurs got the desired result, but technically no one was wrong, because we'll never know with any certainty whether he would have or not.

Technically, we know you are a wuss.
Just go curl up like the fetus you act like.

This team never had you fooled...

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 12:45 AM

benefactor
06-13-2014, 06:18 AM

smeagol
06-13-2014, 07:07 AM

You sir are a fucking moron . . .

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 07:09 AM
^:lol he seems upset that the spurs won

benefactor
06-13-2014, 07:29 AM
He's the picture of the "hey guise look im smart!" try hard. The sad thing is he inspires posters like Kidd K to be like him.

Skoobz
06-13-2014, 07:36 AM
Fucking pathetic cliff jumping mofos.........the 2014 spurs say a big FUCK YOU BITCH!!!!!

Props to the rest of the brothers and sisters who keep the faith, win or lose.

ElNono
06-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Three days to organize a parade?! For an organization that's won four championships in a nine season span, they've sure embarrassed themselves plenty of times. And they're in the midst of doing it again.

Different year, same problems. This pathetic, disgraceful bunch just cannot ever do even the little things right. They look terrified out there. Everything short of trading Duncan needs to be looked at. I'm not just talking personnel, either; I'm talking about their vaunted "culture", too.

spurraider21
10-16-2014, 11:04 PM
fuck this team

ElNono
10-16-2014, 11:07 PM

ElNono
10-28-2014, 10:04 PM
EDIT: Shit, though the Parsons shot was going in... disregard plz, kthx

pgardn
10-28-2014, 10:15 PM

He shoots some flat line 3's.
Im surprised when they go in.

Beaverfuzz
10-28-2014, 10:43 PM

Learned from watching the master. Drexler. No arc but the ball always hit the back of the rim and went in.

100%duncan
11-01-2014, 01:40 AM

Leetonidas
11-01-2014, 01:59 PM

This post :lmao

hater
11-01-2014, 09:30 PM
this is the beginning of the end. We might make 2 more playoffs, then dissapear into irrelevancy for who knows how long.

mkurts
11-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Fail thread, Fail OP.

jimbo
11-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Tbh even Parker had said our window had closed. The 2011 FO/players had inspired jack shit. If Duncan hadn't put the team on his back w/ his resurgence ST would be dead tbh fwiw imo.

Reck
11-01-2014, 10:43 PM

How are you feeling about this bold statement now?

Phill and Pop are closer than you want to believe.

benefactor
11-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Fail thread, Fail OP.
OP is a horrible poster with a huge inferiority complex. He's good at making those who don't know much about basketball buy into the things he says, but most of his long, shitty takes are like ugly chicks that are covered with heavy makeup to make it look like they are worth fucking.

Sean Cagney
11-02-2014, 04:14 AM

Wcf, finals and then winning it all. Thats 2 more runs and the third a title. Great prediction!!! I know most thought that way at the time though:lol

TampaDude
11-02-2014, 05:05 AM
OP is a horrible poster with a huge inferiority complex. He's good at making those who don't know much about basketball buy into the things he says, but most of his long, shitty takes are like ugly chicks that are covered with heavy makeup to make it look like they are worth fucking.

Bill_Brasky
11-02-2014, 08:46 AM

nice posts you dumb piece of shit

100%duncan
11-02-2014, 09:23 AM
What a wanker :lol

midnightpulp
11-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Apt bump.

Spurs 4 The Win
11-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Apt bump.

Fagg:lolt

midnightpulp
11-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Fagg:lolt

Premature.

They Gutless Wormed it up on the last two possessions. Per par.

Spurs 4 The Win
11-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Premature.

They Gutless Wormed it up on the last two possessions. Per par.

Pop having Baynes on Davis cost us the game

Ditty
12-03-2014, 09:26 PM
bump

Ditty
12-03-2014, 10:15 PM

ElNono
12-03-2014, 10:21 PM

And Ayres didn't even play...

jeebus
12-03-2014, 10:23 PM

And Ayres didn't even play...
He didn't, but the Spurs played like him in their hearts and minds. Each shot that rimmed out, each fould committed they could feel his fagclaps inside of them.

midnightpulp
12-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Hello

https://s2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/vNmqCVOWvZQN2p7HZ4WEZA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYwMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/person/Ysports/tiago-splitter-basketball-headshot-photo.jpg

"The doctors can't find anything wrong with you, Tiago?"

"My calf hurts, I swear!"

midnightpulp
12-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Sup.

Ditty
12-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Beat me to it :lol

midnightpulp
12-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Can't believe I'm bumping this so soon. Yet another shitty loss to a lowly lottery team.

midnightpulp
12-13-2014, 12:20 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/272.png&w=350&h=254

midnightpulp
12-17-2014, 08:56 PM
They're already making me bump it.

Silver&Black
12-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Damn...mid.

It's the 1st quarter...calm down.

spurraider21
12-17-2014, 09:01 PM
They're already making me bump it.
gimme one of your lopsided bet proposals

edit: nevermind

Uriel
12-17-2014, 09:08 PM
The Spurs must be the worst defending NBA champion since the 06-07 Miami Heat, getting ass-raped by a Memphis team we've historically bullied since '11. What a disgrace.

Budkin
12-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Wow this came out quick!

Silver&Black
12-17-2014, 09:13 PM
Damn...mid.

It's the 1st quarter...calm down.

We're gutless worms tbh. Mid was correct...

Chomag
12-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Spurs just don't seem to be playing with any pride at all. Letting LA come into their home to punk them was a clear indicator of that.