PDA

View Full Version : Is grinding out games a good strat?

ulosturedge
04-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Why are we looking to penetrate all the time? I mean we weren't playing this kind of game the whole season. Where is our spread offense and three pointers? Are the Griz really that good where we can't get any 3 pointers off? I feel like we are playing the fucking Lakers with this offensive scheme Pop is pulling. I'd rather live and die with the three at this point. Let that shit fly! I don't give a shit who's running at you! Run the fucking ball. Scramble, trap and cause turnovers! Fuck the Griz. Step your shit up Tony!!

Chomag
04-23-2011, 10:33 PM
I don't think Spurs are a team built for a grind out game. Defence needs to be pretty staller for ti to work. Also ther 3ball does not work in a playoff game as well as it does in a regular season game becuase teams have cranked up their defence.

Warlord23
04-23-2011, 10:40 PM
The three point shooting in the regular season was a result of:
1. Pushing the ball up-tempo and catching a defense napping
2. Running screen and rolls when the opposing big hedged hard, or someone else collapsed on the penetrating guard.

In the playoffs,
Point 1 is negated by good transition defense
Point 2 is negated somewhat by avoiding hedging or collapsing hard, and instead having a mobile shotblocking big try and stay in between the penetrating guard and the basket (the Lakers did this when they blew us out earlier), and also closing out hard on the shooters.

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2011, 10:41 PM
61 win games for the regular season dont think we won most games from behind, cause we too good building up a large lead and coasting for most games....

its fkn simple....this reminds me of the 06 hornets, peaked to fkn early and injuries caught up to them in the playoffs...