PDA

View Full Version : If Spurs and Mavs choke, don't the Lakers have one of the easiest paths to the Finals

Jacob1983
04-23-2011, 10:34 PM
I would say yes. Laker fans should be hoping that the Spurs and mavs both lose in the first round.

SourCandy
04-23-2011, 10:36 PM
No.

4>0rings
Tbh, even if the Spurs and Dallas won, they'd still have the easiest road.

lefty
We are going all the way

3peat baby !

Ghazi
04-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Thunder are tough..

The Refrigerator
04-23-2011, 10:41 PM
The thunder nuggets and blazers are all tougher than the Spurs. The spurs getting knocked out just makes the Lakers road harder.

21_Blessings
04-23-2011, 10:41 PM
The only WCF matchup that worries me would be Memphis. The Lakers would completely sleepwalk through that hilarious joke and it would be the 2009 Houston series all over agian.

LkrFan
04-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Tbh, even if the Spurs and Dallas won, they'd still have the easiest road.

QFT. :toast

LkrFan
04-23-2011, 11:22 PM
We are going all the way

3peat baby !

Did HH hack into your account brah? :lol

baseline bum
04-23-2011, 11:29 PM
OKC isn't a great matchup for them; especially if Portland roughs them up a bit in the previous round.

Nick Manning
04-24-2011, 12:35 AM
OKC is a monster...not a normal #4 seed. They've been elite since they got Perkins.

mystargtr34
04-24-2011, 12:48 AM
If Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph and Darrell Arthur are doing this to the Spurs front court... imagine what Bynum, Pau and Odom would do :lol.

Spurs should be happy they will likely avoid the Lakers.

Having said that the Lakers aren't that 'great' anymore.. the Heat, Celtics, Thunder and maybe the Bulls could potentially all beat LA. They would obviously need some luck to not go the Lakers way for a change (not having injuries to key opposition players (David West this year, Perkins last year, Garnett in 09, Yao in 09, Manu in 08) + lucky breaks/putbacks on Kobe airballs) .. but they can all beat LA.. especially Miami.

picc84
04-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Lucky breaks happen with every team thats ever won a title or gone deep in the playoffs. Do we really need to list the mountain of circumstances that have allowed the Spurs to win 3 NBA titles?

Jacob1983
04-24-2011, 01:21 AM
The NBA needs to reseed after the first round. No excuses in my opinion.

KillerMamba
04-24-2011, 01:23 AM
No way...Portland gives us problems, although I would argue that their front line is much too small and weak to match up with ours. I would also argue that the easiest route would be if the Spurs beat out the Thunder, although if the Grizz would somehow beat the Thunder, I would be very satisfied.

Darrin
04-24-2011, 04:36 AM
I would say yes. Laker fans should be hoping that the Spurs and mavs both lose in the first round.

I have been saying all season long that we were in for a changing of the guard. Despite the records, everyone has shown weaknesses, bad losing streaks, and they play at a pace that would get them killed 2-5 years ago. Oklahoma City is still out there. Do you honestly think that the Grizzlies will upset them and make the Western Conference Finals? And whoever makes it out of the East will give them a scare as well. As for Portland, if they make it, they will be swept, for sure.

04-24-2011, 04:37 AM
right now the thunder seem more equipped to take on the lakers than the mavs or spurs. in fact, the spurs would be doing lakers a favor by eliminating the thunder.

Giuseppe
04-24-2011, 04:41 AM
We really need the Spurs to shape up and find their way to the Thunder. Yes, I want them to lose to Memphis, but, it's shortsighted & foolish.

OKC is going to be a real handful. Let San Antonio have a crack at 'em.

Venti Quattro
04-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Does it matter? The Lakers have been to the Finals three straight years. They know how to get it done the easy way or the hard way.

21_Blessings
04-24-2011, 08:30 AM
If Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph and Darrell Arthur are doing this to the Spurs front court... imagine what Bynum, Pau and Odom would do :lol.

Having said that the Lakers aren't that 'great' anymore.. the Heat, Celtics, Thunder and maybe the Bulls could potentially all beat LA. They would obviously need some luck to not go the Lakers way for a change (not having injuries to key opposition players (David West this year, Perkins last year, Garnett in 09, Yao in 09, Manu in 08) + lucky breaks/putbacks on Kobe airballs) .. but they can all beat LA.. especially Miami.

Manu played in 2008, dumbshit. Contrast to the Lakers having TWO injured starters :lmao

namlook
04-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Manu played in 2008, dumbshit. Contrast to the Lakers having TWO injured starters :lmao

Stop killing them with facts and logic. It's painful to watch. :lol

DMC
04-24-2011, 02:04 PM
The OP has a fundamentally flawed argument. Any team who beats the higher seeded team in a series is more dangerous than the higher seeded team. So, if the Lakers ended up facing Memphis, that would be worse for them than facing SA, if Memphis beats SA. There's no easy road.

In a foot race, would you rather face Usain Bolt or the guy who beat him?

Axe Murderer
04-24-2011, 02:06 PM
The OP has a fundamentally flawed argument. Any team who beats the higher seeded team in a series is more dangerous than the higher seeded team. So, if the Lakers ended up facing Memphis, that would be worse for them than facing SA, if Memphis beats SA. There's no easy road.

True.

Kyle Orton
04-24-2011, 02:08 PM

The guy who beats him.

I'd much rather face the 2007 Warriors than the 2007 Mavs.

DMC
04-24-2011, 02:47 PM
The guy who beats him.

I'd much rather face the 2007 Warriors than the 2007 Mavs.

Why? The Mavs choked the previous year in the Finals and that year in the playoffs. Do you think they wouldn't have choked against another playoff team?

DazedAndConfused
04-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Having an easy road to the Finals is probably the worst thing that could happen for LA. I want them battle tested, focused, and ready should they make it to the Finals.

Let them make their mistakes in the early rounds.

cobbler
04-24-2011, 03:18 PM

Do you tear up when typing this bullshit?

cobbler
04-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Love the OP. If the Mavs and Spurs get beat, it means the Lakers will then be playing the better team so NO, the path is not one of the easiest.

Kyle Orton
04-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Why? The Mavs choked the previous year in the Finals and that year in the playoffs. Do you think they wouldn't have choked against another playoff team?
:lmao why? Because in order to choke in the finals, you have to make the finals. The Warriors weren't even in the playoffs the year before and barely made it as a fuckin 8 seed.

Jesus Christ you're stupid.

21_Blessings
04-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Having an easy road to the Finals is probably the worst thing that could happen for LA. I want them battle tested, focused, and ready should they make it to the Finals.

Let them make their mistakes in the early rounds.

Memphis would give the Lakers a better series than that spineless Spurs team that doesn't play any D.

Ghazi
04-24-2011, 04:56 PM
:lol

Axe Murderer
04-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Memphis would give the Lakers a better series than that spineless Spurs team that doesn't play any D.

That's actually 100% true tbh

Jacob1983
04-24-2011, 07:04 PM
If the Lakers have to be back in the Finals, I hope whoever plays them in the 2nd round and WCF wears them out. I also think that the homecourt advantage will be huge in this year's Finals. Kobe has never won the Finals when his team didn't have it. It will be a new challenge for him if the Lakers make it back to the Finals.

DMC
04-24-2011, 09:48 PM
:lmao why? Because in order to choke in the finals, you have to make the finals. The Warriors weren't even in the playoffs the year before and barely made it as a fuckin 8 seed.

Jesus Christ you're stupid.

The Mavs choked to the 8th seed. That means they were not as good as their record indicated, especially against playoff caliber teams. The Warriors were promptly dismissed in the next series. The Mavs just got released early, they would have still been released.

It makes no sense to call a defeated team better than the team that defeated it, especially in a best of 7 series. What, did they just lapse that series?

Sure the Mavs got to the Finals, so did the Cavs. At least the Cavs didn't blow a huge lead and basically roll over and die.

I would rather the Spurs had to face Dallas than GS that year in the opening round. We faced neither, but given the choice, I will take the loser over the winner any day.

tlongII
04-24-2011, 10:11 PM
The Lakers are hoping that Dallas beats us. They know that we'll punk them if we play them in the playoffs.

DMC
04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
The Lakers are hoping that Dallas beats us. They know that we'll punk them if we play them in the playoffs.
Probably true, and a lot of these other trolls/posters who purport to support other teams are a Matt Bonner red cunt hair from jumping ship to the piss and purple themselves.