PDA

View Full Version : Memphis the Sexier pick over San Antonio?

davethedope
04-23-2011, 11:43 PM
In terms of moving on. I've given the Spurs the benefit of the doubt
since 2007, and rooted for them which is saying a lot considering the
amount of stored up venom I had for them since '99, which along with the lock out put me off basketball for most of the decade, I came back in '06 I believe it was. I was drawn in by Wade's virtuosity from game 3 on. And I hadn't watch since '94 for obvious reasons, it was just too much, plus Jordan came back, etc. etc.

Anyway, I just get the feeling people want to see this young upstart Memphis squad take this series just because they have a Gasol and a ZeBo, and the Spurs are just broken down.

Nick Manning
04-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Anyway, I just get the feeling people want to see this young upstart Memphis squad take this series just because they have a Gasol and a ZeBo, and the Spurs are just broken down.

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

davethedope
04-23-2011, 11:58 PM
why? I get that feeling. Listen to Barkley. And I know he hates on NY, but the whole
year has been this way the whole year on ESPN too, Spurs are a waste of time, fool's
gold,

Sean Cagney
04-24-2011, 12:02 AM
why? I get that feeling. Listen to Barkley. And I know he hates on NY, but the whole
year has been this way the whole year on ESPN too, Spurs are a waste of time, fool's
gold,

They might be, but worry about Ny first man they are nearly swept! I mean not making fun of you at all but they have not been good nor won in a LONGGGGGGG TIME! Why not worry there?

Nick Manning
04-24-2011, 12:03 AM
gold,

Nobody's flocking to see the magnificent skills of Z-Bo and Gasol...they aren't a "sexy" draw

spurtech09
04-24-2011, 12:08 AM
They might be, but worry about Ny first man they are nearly swept! I mean not making fun of you at all but they have not been good nor won in a LONGGGGGGG TIME! Why not worry there?
:lol:rollin

davethedope
04-24-2011, 12:42 AM

Cuz, I already know what to expect there. Listen, over the last 20 years, NY has not been starving: Yankees dynasty, NY Football Giants, and Rangers. The Knicks are sorry right now, but I adopted the Spurs in 2007, predicted
the sweep of the Cavaliers, and ever since, Duncan just hasn't been that
guy I loathed in '99. I mean, there was a lot of hate there.

Nowadays though, and I was bothered by it all year that no credit was
given to the Spurs for their record, and now it just seems like it's becoming
a reality. It pisses me off too cuz commentators usually don't know wtf
thy're talking about.

Sean Cagney
04-24-2011, 12:54 AM
Cuz, I already know what to expect there. Listen, over the last 20 years, NY has not been starving: Yankees dynasty, NY Football Giants, and Rangers. The Knicks are sorry right now, but I adopted the Spurs in 2007, predicted
the sweep of the Cavaliers, and ever since, Duncan just hasn't been that
guy I loathed in '99. I mean, there was a lot of hate there.

Nowadays though, and I was bothered by it all year that no credit was
given to the Spurs for their record, and now it just seems like it's becoming
a reality. It pisses me off too cuz commentators usually don't know wtf
thy're talking about.

Okay I can agree with that there, except the Spurs have won 4 titles in the last x amount of years, so it's not like they are victims! This year though and the past few I agree with you, good post there bro.

Man In Black
04-24-2011, 01:30 AM
I wouldn't say they're the sexier pick, it's just that the haters FINALLY want to be right when they say the Spurs are going to lose. So it's more about them stroking their ego. But I say, it's just 2-1 Grizz. Spurs should take game 4 but it's most definitely a series.