PDA

View Full Version : Reason SA will lose to MEM: The Pau Trade

milkshakeballa
04-24-2011, 12:22 AM
This trade has abslutely destroyed the SA franchise and their fans.

Stopped them dead in the tracks in 2008. They had NO CHANCE against the Lakers with a newly acquired Pau.

They were nowhere to be found last year. Absolutely a non-factor in the NBA.

And now...this year...a DOMINATING regular season...they are going to get BUTTFUCKED in the first round....

Why you ask? No...not because of matt fucking bonner.

The PAU GASOL TRADE.

This trade enabled Memphis to acquire both Marc Gasol via the trade AND ZBO because of the cap space.

So Spurs fans and for Coach Pop....the gift that keeps on giving.

The BIGGEST NBA TRADE since Kobe draft day deal...tbh.

Ahhh I love it. GOD BLESS JERRY WEST. THANK YOU! :toast

Nick Manning
04-24-2011, 12:26 AM
agreed.

ImmortalD24
04-24-2011, 12:27 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/02/08/popovich.grizzlies/

"What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension," said Popovich. "There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I'd like to elect myself to that committee. I would have voted no to the L.A. trade."

:whine :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Man In Black
04-24-2011, 01:10 AM
Stopped them dead in the tracks in 2008. They had NO CHANCE against the Lakers with a newly acquired Pau.
Because going in, the Spurs had only a 1 footed Ginobili? Who returned the favor by making sure LA overpaid Vujacic.

And for this playoffs, a 1 armed Ginobili?
But having said that, the Spurs win this 1st series in 7.

SpursDynasty
04-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Losing by 3 points on a Zach Randolph 3 pointer. Yep, I guess the Pau Gasol trade is responsible for that.

DMC
04-24-2011, 10:44 AM
The trade is responsible for Pau being in LA. There are a lot of factors to consider for SA not being a serious contender in the post season.

duncan228
04-24-2011, 09:34 PM
A joke that isn’t funny anymore (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/a-joke-that-isnt-funny-anymore)
by Timothy Varner
48 Minutes of Hell

In recent years, the Grizzlies have been equal parts punchline and NBA team.

One of the most important moments of recent NBA history was the 2008 Memphis trade of Pau Gasol to the Los Angeles Lakers. That trade—painted by the press and certain Spurs coaches as a ridiculously lopsided affair that smelled of collusion—prompted a series of reactionary trades. The Spurs, for example, got in on the “supercontenders (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/falling-down-an-elevator-shaft-and-landing-in-a-pool-of-mermaids)” race by trading Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto for Richard Jefferson. San Antonio’s current team is still very much a response to the Grizzlies-Lakers deal. The Gasol trade was a huge stone that sent ripples charging from the center of the NBA pond to its shore.

We’re still seeing those ripples. The current Grizzlies team is largely a result of the Gasol trade.

Keep reading... (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/a-joke-that-isnt-funny-anymore)

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/a-joke-that-isnt-funny-anymore

jag
04-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Doesn't look like such a bad deal on the Grizzlies part anymore.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-24-2011, 09:36 PM
haha i was counting the hours before someone would said this!!

Master splitter
04-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Seriously it's because of Matt bonner. You and I know it, maybe the whole NBA knows it but one things for sure pop doesn't know %#*}.

jason1301
04-24-2011, 10:05 PM
This trade has abslutely destroyed the SA franchise and their fans.

They were nowhere to be found last year. Absolutely a non-factor in the NBA.

And now...this year...a DOMINATING regular season...they are going to get BUTTFUCKED in the first round....

Why you ask? No...not because of matt fucking bonner.

The PAU GASOL TRADE.

This trade enabled Memphis to acquire both Marc Gasol via the trade AND ZBO because of the cap space.

So Spurs fans and for Coach Pop....the gift that keeps on giving.

The BIGGEST NBA TRADE since Kobe draft day deal...tbh.

Ahhh I love it. GOD BLESS JERRY WEST. THANK YOU! :toast

Come on D-bag, Pop has already took these comments back and acknowledged his misjudgment.

Plus its TP that plays crappy, crappy and crappy. Timmy does a pretty decent damn job on Mark and Zack.

easy7
04-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Lakers series tied with the Hornets... you might have a point there...

G-Dawgg
04-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Wrong... the reason we will lose is because Gasol and Randolph are bigger and more physical than our frontline, Battier and Allen are both lockdown perimeter defenders and their team as a whole are just much more longer, younger and more athletic....

Our advantage would be to run a smaller lineup and beat them in the open court, or to hit our 3's...

..both of which we are not doing very well

NewcastleKEG
04-25-2011, 04:14 AM
Garnett trade > Gasol trade

If not for KG's injury, the Lakers & Celtics would have played in 3 straight NBA Finals. How Stern never rejected the deals, I still don't know.

Then again how Stern allowed the 2002 Western Conference Finals OR 20 extra free throws for the Lakers in Game 7 last year, doesn't make much sense either now does it?