PDA

View Full Version : Duncan decline might signal a change for the Spurs

duncan228
04-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Duncan decline might signal a change for the Spurs (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/feed/2011-04/west-lookahead/story/memphis-grizzlies-hold-on-to-beat-the-san-antonio-spurs-take-2-1-series-lead)
Steve Greenberg
Sporting News

Look, it’s all relative.

The Grizzlies could win their first-round series against top-seeded San Antonio, and it wouldn’t even begin to undo the spindliest string that helps wind the Spurs’ gigantic ball of accomplishments. Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Gregg Popovich—they are greats of the game.

We all know that.

But now Zach Randolph, Memphis’ beast of a power forward, has a shot that rivals the most famous postseason basket in the career of Tim Duncan — whom many believe is the best power forward in the game’s history.

It may be the shot that sinks San Antonio once and for all.

You remember that 3-pointer Duncan hit to force double-overtime in Game 1 vs. Phoenix in the first round of the 2008 playoffs? It was his first 3 all season. The Spurs went on to win that bloody affair and that extraordinarily hard-fought series.

By the way, some might say the Suns haven’t been quite the same since.

In the final minute Saturday night, with the Grizzlies leading 88-86, the ball found Randolph standing alone on the right wing. Duncan didn’t leave the lane to defend Randolph, so the 6-9, 265-pounder did what any closer would do — he jacked it, even though he’d made only eight 3-pointers all season.

Bang.

“I didn’t assume that was in his arsenal that late in the game,” said Duncan.

All assumptions are out the window in this series. The Grizzlies began it with zero postseason victories in their history. Now they have two, with an opportunity to go up 3-1 on Monday night.

Oh, how that would rouse the NBA rabble.

Keep reading... (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/feed/2011-04/west-lookahead/story/memphis-grizzlies-hold-on-to-beat-the-san-antonio-spurs-take-2-1-series-lead)

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/feed/2011-04/west-lookahead/story/memphis-grizzlies-hold-on-to-beat-the-san-antonio-spurs-take-2-1-series-lead

Capt Bringdown
04-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Or, Duncan needs more help than the likes of of aging/undersized Dice and the Turd towers can possibly provide.

Cutting length from our lineup in favor of spread-the-floor gimmickry has worked out so well hasn't it?

milkyway21
04-24-2011, 03:11 AM
I really like what Duncan did in the last qtr in of game 3, a block,assist they just fell short but what an amazing comeback...I think TP kind of disappeared in this series he can do more, and if Jefferson steps up a little bit more they can win the next 3 games. I think it's about time we accept that fact that Bonner cannot be a factor for this team to win a championship, he simply loses that confidence to take that shot in the offseason...if he makes 2 3-ptrs in a game fine, but it would no longer make me feel he's part of why this team is winning. He's here 3 offseasons already and he's still a disappointment to me.

TE
04-24-2011, 03:18 AM
If only Splitter had been integrated into the rotation, Duncan wouldn't look so fucking bad right now.

TDMVPDPOY
04-24-2011, 04:21 AM
how about calling them fouls the grizz dish down low to duncan

this article = horseshit, duncan is not the one thats costing us this series, his posting up identical to his reg season stats, but the problem we all know his production should be increasing in the playoffs but not this season could be due to reality his slowing down or not getting the ball down low from the scrubs on this team still living on reputation

Basketball Jones
04-24-2011, 07:10 AM
I think Tim has some game left and now time to let out!!!

ploto
04-24-2011, 08:03 AM
Tim is doing what a 35 year old big man can who has played so many seasons and so many games. The worst part is that the older Duncan has gotten the worse his fellow big men have gotten defensively. He can't contain 2 guys.