weebo
04-24-2011, 11:19 AM
He fouls too much?

shelshor
04-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Headful of loose wiring

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 11:21 AM
It's playoff basketball and he plays hard. What is yalls problem?

DMC
04-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Tony Allen is one of those guys who gets into people's heads. That's his job. Even the fans are bothered. That's pretty damn good. I wish we had him.

MannyIsGod
04-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Wish he was a Spur.

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2011, 12:30 PM
This is what opposing fans used to complain about with Bruce Bowen and/or Dennis Rodman. He's doing a great job of playing tenacious defense and getting under the opponent's skin.

Harry Callahan
04-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Ginobili and Bowen for that matter have accomplished way more than Tony Allen ever will and they never popped off with stupid comments.

Memphis has two wins right now, not four.

Allen must be starved for attention right now because people in Memphis don't even give a crap about the Grizzlies. The Bandwaggon is filling up in the last five or six days.

jag
04-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Wish he was a Spur.

Cane
04-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Back in Game 2 Tony Allen jumped like an idiot and Manu drew the foul; Tony Allen took it as undercutting which I guess he has a point.

Allen's alway's been an aggressive player that wants to get the crowd involved but I think he took personal offense to that foul and has amped up his play. When he jumps now he'll give you a nice hard playoffs foul in the process. They're trying to bully the Spurs and with a one-armed Ginobili and a questionable big 3 it could happen for the series. Celtics will really miss his presence tbh.

DJ Mbenga
04-24-2011, 02:10 PM
no different than a bowen. dont be hypocrites.

crc21209
04-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Wish he was a Spur.

I don't. Deep down the guy doesnt even wanna be in Memphis. Hell, he even said it earlier this season. He said "I'm still a Boston Celtic, UNFORTUNATELY I'm wearing a Memphis jersey RIGHT NOW..."

Doe
04-24-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't. Deep down the guy doesnt even wanna be in Memphis. Hell, he even said it earlier this season. He said "I'm still a Boston Celtic, UNFORTUNATELY I'm wearing a Memphis jersey RIGHT NOW..."

If he plays like he has, I couldn't care less if he wished he were on Mars instead of Memphis. The Spurs have badly needed a tenacious, irritating, get under your skin type defender since Bowen retired.

roycrikside
04-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Wish he was a Spur.

You know, it is possible to be a good defensive player without being an asshole. We kind of have the patent on it. The problem is Pop stopped finding those players.

But if you think winning is all that matters and you'd rather have assholes on your team to do it, then I guess we disagree. I don't think winning is that important. The reason the Spurs are cool is because they've done it differently. Maybe you should just be a Celtics fan and be happy with that.

GoodOdor
04-24-2011, 03:58 PM
You know, it is possible to be a good defensive player without being an asshole. We kind of have the patent on it. The problem is Pop stopped finding those players.

But if you think winning is all that matters and you'd rather have assholes on your team to do it, then I guess we disagree. I don't think winning is that important. The reason the Spurs are cool is because they've done it differently. Maybe you should just be a Celtics fan and be happy with that.

So you don't think bowen was an asshole even though he kicked people in the face?

crc21209
04-24-2011, 03:59 PM
So you don't think bowen was an asshole even though he kicked people in the face?

:lol It was Wally fucking Sczerbiak, who cares about that guy?

20beastie45
04-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Tony Allen is one of those guys who gets into people's heads. That's his job. Even the fans are bothered. That's pretty damn good. I wish we had him.

:lmao

I'm bothered that we didn't make a play for him in the off-season. Fouls or no fouls.

When he fouled hard and fell hard on Ginobili. ALL PLAYOFF BASKETBALL. Smart play by Allen....Trying to put a bullet in the wounded dog.

Glad Manu is ok though. We NEED him.

20beastie45
04-24-2011, 04:00 PM
wish he was a spur.

+1

GoodOdor
04-24-2011, 04:01 PM
:lol It was Wally fucking Sczerbiak, who cares about that guy?

spurs = class

Bowen undercut shooters/kicked people in the face, but at least he never talked shit!

spurs = class

ElNono
04-24-2011, 04:02 PM
tbh, I wouldn't want him to be a Spur in that he's more talk than production out there... I don't think he's done that well of a job on Manu so far...

20beastie45
04-24-2011, 04:06 PM
tbh, I wouldn't want him to be a Spur in that he's more talk than production out there... I don't think he's done that well of a job on Manu so far...

True.

When he was with Boston he didn't talk much. With the Grizz he does. That says a lot about the organization.

I do remember him doing a good job on Kobe last year.

You always have to respect someone that does anything he can to help his team win.

Oh....and Manu is half god half man...

kuato
04-24-2011, 04:38 PM
He is trying to get into Manus mind hahaha, mister Allen, Manu is a f*king jedi master ! you can't do that.

4>0rings
04-24-2011, 04:41 PM
no different than a bowen. dont be hypocrites.
Shit on Bowens grave why don't you.

Bowen could shoot the 3, play better D than Allen, and not have to talk trash afterwards.

04-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Wish he was a Spur.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-24-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't wish he was a spur - there's something classy about being in a spur uniform that is only selected for specific individuals - this guy isn't one of them.

Oh, Gee!!
04-24-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't wish he was a spur - there's something classy about being in a spur uniform that is only selected for specific individuals - this guy isn't one of them.

preach on, brother!!

Leetonidas
04-24-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't think Tony Allen is getting under anyone's skin, except GNSF who gets all butthurt and has to start threads about him. If anything, Ginobili is getting under Allen's skin because he has one arm and still can't check him. Now he has to resort to saying Manu's faking it just to try and save face for the ownage Manu is dishing out on him.

He's a good defender though, and we'd all love his ass if he were on the Spurs. We are sorely missing a tough, hard nosed defender like Allen.

GoodOdor
04-24-2011, 09:25 PM

Nothing says classy like running a train on a semi-conscious chick tbh.

Neal wears the white and black with pride.

TampaDude
04-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Fuck Tony Allen...he'll soon be sitting home watching the Spurs in the WCSF.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Damn!! let me give you an example!! Let the preaching begin...

Seriously as an example I would wish to have Battier as a Spur and I've been saying this since before he joined Houston - what a player

The spurs should have brought him over to replace Bowen back then instead of experimenting with the likes of Udoka, etc.

spurs10
04-24-2011, 09:36 PM
This explains it all.......saying he's like Bruce is like saying Tom Hanks is like Gary Busey.

spurs10
04-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Fuck Tony Allen...he'll soon be sitting home watching the Spurs in the WCSF.
I concur!!
:flag:

SpurOutofTownFan
04-24-2011, 09:40 PM

Well he was sent packing from Boston for a reason and really I don't think his old teammates would welcome him back with open arms - just see his reaction when Memphis practically stopped them on their tracks when Boston was trying to compete with Chicago for #1 seed. That has to tell you everything.

He has become for all practical purposes a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C5%8Dnin

Oh, Gee!!
04-24-2011, 09:44 PM
I just wish somebody on the spurs would play dirty like tony allen. Fuck being classy-this is the playoffs, damnit! This ain't no goddamned exhibition game at wimbledon. Get ghetto on their asses

SpurOutofTownFan
04-24-2011, 09:48 PM
I just wish somebody on the spurs would play dirty like tony allen. Fuck being classy-this is the playoffs, damnit! This ain't no goddamned exhibition game at wimbledon. Get ghetto on their asses

I second this. Someone has to lay the law on them pretty hard. I think.. what about Novak? Pop doesn't even use him anymore.

Oh, Gee!!
04-24-2011, 09:56 PM
I second this. Someone has to lay the law on them pretty hard. I think.. what about Novak? Pop doesn't even use him anymore.

Aren't you the one that wouldn't take allen bc he's not classy enough to wear the jersey? Do you know the piece of shit scumbags that have worn the silver and black?

maddnezz
04-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Pay my bills for the season and I ll take his bad knee out. He better be careful Karma is a bitch.

Oh, Gee!!
04-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Pay my bills for the season and I ll take his bad knee out. He better be careful Karma is a bitch.

As long as you play hard, pop will play you ahead of splitter

spurs10
04-24-2011, 10:04 PM
No one on our team is low class enough to take him out. It will happen though nonetheless. Tony Allen is disrespected universally. They like him in Memphis b/c he's a piece of shit. I can only hope the worst for him.

Spurs da champs
04-24-2011, 10:11 PM
quit crying tony allen is gonna keep on punking manu till manu stands up for himself.

Oh, Gee!!
04-24-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm not asking to take players out a la cobra kai, I just want our guys to play physical, hard-fouling playoff basketball.

Oh, Gee!!
04-24-2011, 10:18 PM
When you foul them, they should know that they were fouled. Am I right?

gospursgojas
04-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Yall quit kissing Tony Allens ass.

TampaDude
04-25-2011, 11:44 AM
http://whall.org/blog/files/sweep-the-leg-large.jpg

ajballer4
04-25-2011, 12:11 PM
McDonald just tweeted that he shaved a Grizzly in his hair. What a nutcase

easy7
04-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Charles had some advice for Allen concerning Manu last night, he said "Allen, don't poke the neighbor's dog because he will bite you."

spurspokesman
04-25-2011, 12:23 PM
this

cheguevara
04-25-2011, 12:24 PM
if spurs are faggot enough to get bullied by scrub ass Tony Allen then so be it.

sa_butta
04-25-2011, 12:45 PM
He is still butt hurt that injured Ginobili is outplaying him. Honestly be happy with the 2-1 lead and move on.

cd98
04-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Head games aren't going to work on Ginobili. He's better off saying stuff about Tony Parker.

davidbowie
05-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Ole flopping faker LMAO

Trifecta
05-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Allen needs to be fined by the league for that flop or at least receive a warning!