PDA

View Full Version : How confident do you feel in the Spurs taking Game 4?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-24-2011, 12:43 PM
We're only down 2-1, but it strangely feels like we're down 3-1.

It took a late 3 from Battier, and 2008 Duncan-esque 3 from Z-Bo to give the Grizz a 2-1 lead. Hell, the Spurs only won game 2 by 6 points and yet that's the combined total of points the Grizzlies won games 1 and 3 by.

All I'm saying is, as crappy as we've played, our losses came down to one possession games. Granted, we're horrible executing down the stretch, the team just needs one more player to step up to right the ship. We can't allow getting outscored by 9+ in a quarter like we did yesterday.

Winner of Game 4 takes the series, like TampaDude says

Sean Cagney
04-24-2011, 12:47 PM
None, this team has given me no reason at all the last month or so to be confident that they will become clutch and win a game like this one the road.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Spurs are 3-14 on the road against playoff opponents in their last 17 games.

Budkin
04-24-2011, 12:55 PM
They're due a road win. I feel fairly confident that TP will finally pull his head out of his ass and Manu and Timmy will refuse to let us lose.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-24-2011, 12:57 PM
They're due a road win. I feel fairly confident that TP will finally pull his head out of his ass and Manu and Timmy will refuse to let us lose.

That's the thing, back in the NO series, we were losing games 1 and 2 by 20+ points. Granted we got to go home for back to back games, in 3 and 4, I just pray someone else can step up. Hitting at least 5 threes a game as oppose to 2 or 3 can make all the difference.

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 12:58 PM

No one is due anything. This is the NBA playoffs. They might win, but it won't be because they're due. It will be because they continue to hit the glass, TP will snap out of his horrific slump and they start to play with more energy and urgency.

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2011, 12:58 PM
TP can't play like shit forever, something's gotta give. Still, even if he snaps out of it the Spurs can't defend Memphis' front court or make any 3's on the offensive end

Amuseddaysleeper
04-24-2011, 01:02 PM
TP can't play like shit forever, something's gotta give. Still, even if he snaps out of it the Spurs can't defend Memphis' front court or make any 3's on the offensive end

But wouldn't you say if TP snaps out of it, the Spurs could win this series, since TP having the worst playoffs of his career only led to the Grizz winning their games by a mere 3 points?

I'm grasping for straws here :lol

Ditty
04-24-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm confident the Spurs will win, and series in 7.

I think Duncan on Randolph works the best, and maybe double team Gasol on the post, and let there wing players shoot, even if there wide open sometimes. Sounds alot easier said then done, but to me that strategy seemed to get the Spurs back in the game last night. If the Memphis shooters knock down there shots, then I give them all the credit, and they deserve to win this series. OJ mayo is there best shooter, and he is nothing more than a streaky shooter, and that's all he can do this series is shoot, and of course please play Splitter over Blair. Splitter wouldn't bring a huge difference, because he is not as physical, but I really hope Splitter is more physical than Bonner, and Bonner has been physical at times, but Splitter on Gasol would be an interesting matchup, especially against the double teams on Gasol which I think we should do because Splitter is long, that Gasol would have to pass it back out on the perimeter, and waist time on the shot clock. That's of course if Splitter plays, and if he ever learns how to play with his hands up. I'm fine with Bonner playing, he hasn't done a bad job offensively, defensively he looks bad but he is rebounding the ball well. Blair hasn't brought anything this series, besides one or two few good defensive possessions, and a bunch of layups. Mcdyess looks like he is coming around, hopefully that injury doesn't bug him.

I'm very superstitious, so I don't want to say what my outcome will be, but I believe we will win tommorow, and the series.

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2011, 01:10 PM
I still think the Spurs will win this series, but it's going the distance...

Thompson
04-24-2011, 01:11 PM
When I saw the title I thought it said 'How confident do you feel in the Spurs tanking Game 4?'

I thought maybe Pop had started announcing his strategy to the media or something.

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 01:11 PM

Spurs can survive Memphis's front court as long as they continue to hold them to 41% shooting and out rebound them.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-24-2011, 01:12 PM
When I saw the title I thought it said 'How confident do you feel in the Spurs tanking Game 4?'

I thought maybe Pop had started announcing his strategy to the media or something.

That's how I keep reading it as well haha

mingus
04-24-2011, 01:44 PM

It took a late 3 from Battier, and 2008 Duncan-esque 3 from Z-Bo to give the Grizz a 2-1 lead. Hell, the Spurs only won game 2 by 6 points and yet that's the combined total of points the Grizzlies won games 1 and 3 by.

All I'm saying is, as crappy as we've played, our losses came down to one possession games. Granted, we're horrible executing down the stretch, the team just needs one more player to step up to right the ship. We can't allow getting outscored by 9+ in a quarter like we did yesterday.

that was the difference. the Spurs played better than the Grizz the rest of the game if you look at the point total for the next three quarters combined.

i don't really care for predictions. we'll see. the Spurs should've won all of these games wo who the fuck knows.

InRareForm
04-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Spurs need to play like the regular season spurs.

this spurs team is unrecognizable.

Budkin
04-24-2011, 01:46 PM
The thing is that we're playing like shit and only losing by a few points. If we can just stay ahead and execute we'll be alright.

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Not very. It's just embarrassing at this point.

CROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL CROFLCROFL CROFL CROFL

@ #1 seeds :lol

LOL 8th seed without their star Rudy Gay getting all up in that #1 seed's ass

Cane
04-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Spurs did almost steal 2 of the games with a one-armed Ginobili, an Eva-less Parker, a one-ankled Duncan, and McDyess whose on the verge of retirement. Oh yea, no Splitter as well :ace

But unfortunately I don't see any of those health/mental issues improving enough to not be concerned especially since the 4th quarter blunders have been creeping up in the 2nd half of the season. Watching Ginobili grimace just to hoist a free throw tells ya its going to be one hell of a battle.

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Spurs can survive Memphis's front court as long as they continue to hold them to 41% shooting and out rebound them.

Memphis has had 2 bad shooting games in a row...how long do you realistically think that continues?

cherylsteele
04-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Not very, In fact I think the Spurs are going to lose the series.:depressed
The have not executed on the offensive side at all in crunch time, it is actually playing like the teams' seeding should be reversed.
If the Spurs lose this series, I think Holt should fire him before he even leaves the arena after the game. I have been a Pop supporter and I still like him, but his lineups and usage (or lack thereof) of certain players and the abandonment of the defensive philosophy have doomed this team into also-rans. This is unfortunate because I personally feel if coached properly this roster can still compete for a title.

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Memphis has had 2 bad shooting games in a row...how long do you realistically think that continues?

Well the rebounding is in every game, so that is a constant. SA is a better shooting team than Memphis as well. Memphis isn't that good of a shooting team.

Even if they improve, I still think that if TP plays just at a not sucking level, the Spurs win.

Spurs Brazil
04-24-2011, 02:35 PM
If the real Parker shows to play we'll win the next 3. If not, we're in big trouble

Ginobili2Duncan
04-24-2011, 02:50 PM

The Spurs are in trouble even if they manage to pull this series out. The Thunder won Game 3 last night. So at worst, they are looking at this series ending in 5 games if Denver wins Game 4.

This is huge, because OKC might be looking at three days of rest at the very least. While the Spurs are stuck in a power struggle with the all-time great Memphis Grizzlies. This will be trouble if the Spurs have a quick turnaround with the well-rested Thunder.

Basically, they will already be at a disadvantage in the second-round even with home-court.

spurtech09
04-24-2011, 03:17 PM
idk....spurs haven't played spur basketball.....spurs needs to bring it and stop killing themselves if they want to get past memphis.....the bench ain't getting it done and parker seems like hes lost or something.....he seems down or something.....but anyways spurs need to stop fooling around and start playing....

4>0rings
04-24-2011, 03:18 PM
You're going to see a brand new team on Monday.

beachwood
04-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Honestly, I think we're going to kick their ass in game 4. The Grizz have played to their max potential. They're a very good team and they believe in themselves.

Spurs played like shit and still had chances to win games 1 & 3. So oddly enough I didn't feel too panicked after the game 3 loss. Spurs have yet to peak this series. But it's all mental. The mental mistakes are giving games away. For as much as Mem has dominated inside, we still had chances to win. Spurs shot 2-15 on 3pt and were dominated inside and only loss by 3.

I'm confident the Spurs will shut those mofos up.

GrandeDavid
04-24-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm disappointed in the Spurs and feel like venting and saying that they are chumps and will lose etc. etc. But in reality, I think that they'll win tomorrow and win this series in six. I also don't see Tony Parker sucking anymore as of Monday night. Don't ask me why, just a hunch!

Go Spurs Go!

crc21209
04-24-2011, 03:36 PM
That's the thing, back in the NO series, we were losing games 1 and 2 by 20+ points. Granted we got to go home for back to back games, in 3 and 4, I just pray someone else can step up. Hitting at least 5 threes a game as oppose to 2 or 3 can make all the difference.

I felt a hell of alot worse in 08' down 2-0 to the Hornets than I feel now. The Spurs have lost Game 1 and 3 by 3 points each in this series, while, the Hornets just fucking beat the shit out of us in the 1st two games.....

Doe
04-24-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm pretty confident in the Spurs ability to win Game 4. I still think they'll win the series as well.

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 03:53 PM
I am exactly middle. I believe the Spurs can play much better and should win, but I don't want to dismiss the very poor play that has now spanned the better part of 2 months. I don't see a drastic change either way.

Close games throughout.

pgardn
04-24-2011, 05:32 PM
I am exactly middle. I believe the Spurs can play much better and should win, but I don't want to dismiss the very poor play that has now spanned the better part of 2 months. I don't see a drastic change either way.

Close games throughout.

Same.

Unless Parker finds the vial of mojo. This is really is the roughest series in the NBA. We used to thrive on these types of series, just grind the other team down mentally, never quit, always stay close, win in the end. I miss those days. Like to see them return.

John Basedow
04-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Same.

Unless Parker finds the vial of mojo. This is really is the roughest series in the NBA. We used to thrive on these types of series, just grind the other team down mentally, never quit, always stay close, win in the end. I miss those days. Like to see them return.

Those Spurs were defensive-minded and flawless in clutch situations. This version of the Spurs is offense-first and mentally weak.

pgardn
04-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Those Spurs were defensive-minded and flawless in clutch situations. This version of the Spurs is offense-first and mentally weak.

I can handle the D part. We dont have the players. Splitter might help but it does not look like we will find out.

As a fan I cant handle the mental part.

I seriously have nightmares about Richard Jefferson dribbling with the game on the line.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2011, 05:56 PM
If the Spurs find themselves again, they won't lose another game in the series.

If the Spurs find themselves again, there's not anyone in the league that they can't beat.

My confidence that the Spurs will find themselves again this season: zero

TDMVPDPOY
04-24-2011, 06:02 PM
to win this game, same contribution from the big 3

rj needs to score at least above 10pts for us to have a chance of winning, dude is playin like shit

Oh, Gee!!
04-24-2011, 06:06 PM
40-60 for the win

bresilhac
04-24-2011, 06:13 PM
How confident am I about a game four win? Not very. Do I still think San Antonio can take this series? Yes, but with a little help. By that I mean that they need Memphis to slip up a little from their current great play. After the way these three games have gone it's hard to have any confidence in this team at all. Memphis seems to have solved the Spurs.

Their heavy-duty front line has made it very tough for Tony to dribble penetrate with any kind of effectiveness and their perimeter defense has been terrific. Almost completely shutting down the best three point shooting team in the league.

Memphis has in short made it incredibly difficult for the Spurs to even score. Let alone build up big leads. Still though if the Big Three can carry the load tomorrow night the Spurs have a shot, not a great shot, but a shot at winning the game.

romad_20
04-24-2011, 06:20 PM
I felt a hell of alot worse in 08' down 2-0 to the Hornets than I feel now. The Spurs have lost Game 1 and 3 by 3 points each in this series, while, the Hornets just fucking beat the shit out of us in the 1st two games.....

Horry, finley and oberto ain't walking through that door and this team isn't the defending champs. I've never seen a tim duncan spurs team execute so poorly late in games. It just hasn't been there this year, especially late in the season.

Fabbs
04-24-2011, 06:35 PM
40% win 60% loss for Gm 4.
3% chance of series win with Numb Nutts Pop continuing his ruination of the Spurs.

Would love to see Tim and the vets rise up and overthrow his Bonner/smallballs bullshit but it aint gonna happen. Tims legacy will sadly include being a passive condoner of Poppycock.

Playoff record 2009 to date:

6-12
http://www.atozwineworks.com/photo_album/sm/gregg.jpg

John Basedow
04-24-2011, 06:44 PM
sup Fabbs

easy7
04-24-2011, 06:54 PM
This has been a series of firsts. Memphis has own their first playoff away and at home. The Spurs have not beaten Memphis at home this year. Tomorrow will be the first time that they do and it will be a first this year. Taking HCA back.

baseline bum
04-24-2011, 06:57 PM
I just can't belive Tony Parker is going to continue playing like such a scrub. If he even shows up the Spurs win this series. Not that I think they have enough to get through OKC, LA, Miami, Boston, or Chicago without Duncan, Ginobili, and two of Jefferson, Hill, Bonner, Neal having huge series, but I think having a normal TP is enough to take Memphis.

TampaDude
04-24-2011, 07:15 PM
IMHO, Manu getting hurt against the Suns (thanks, Pop, you fucktard) threw off the whole team. Spurs have been fighting uphill ever since.

That said, the Spurs will win Game 4 convincingly, and take the series in 6 games.

John Basedow
04-24-2011, 07:19 PM
IMHO, Manu getting hurt against the Suns (thanks, Pop, you fucktard) threw off the whole team. Spurs have been fighting uphill ever since.

That said, the Spurs will win Game 4 convincingly, and take the series in 6 games.

I think the Spurs win Game 4 in a nailbiter, bt I agree with the rest of your post.

Game 5 will be the blowout game.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Putting Dice into the starting lineup was what started the Spurs on the downward slope, but they haven't been playing at a high level in some time, and then in the last few weeks they've suddenly gotten the yips and can't finish a game. Now everyone's shooting terribly, Manu's hurt, the front line's overmatched and Parker can barely handle the ball.

They've had a chance to win every game so far.

TampaDude
04-24-2011, 07:26 PM
I think the Spurs win Game 4 in a nailbiter, bt I agree with the rest of your post.

Could be. Then the Spurs will win the series and get swept by OKC. :lol

romad_20
04-24-2011, 07:57 PM

I'd love that but its doubtful since the Spurs have played about 12-15 mins of good basketball in 3 games.

Budkin
04-24-2011, 08:04 PM

Other than getting decimated by the Lakers at home, the season took a nosedive when Tim got injured causing us to go on that awful losing streak. We've never really recovered from that execution wise, and Manu getting injured was just icing on the cake.

John Basedow
04-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Other than getting decimated by the Lakers at home, the season took a nosedive when Tim got injured causing us to go on that awful losing streak. We've never really recovered from that execution wise, and Manu getting injured was just icing on the cake.

The losing streak/Tim's injury did not end up hurting them in the standings. It also gave Splitter some much-needed run before the playoffs. The Manu injury at the end of the year was unacceptable though

TampaDude
04-24-2011, 08:14 PM
The losing streak/Tim's injury did not end up hurting them in the standings. It also gave Splitter some much-needed run before the playoffs. The Manu injury at the end of the year was unacceptable though

^ this

Pop fucked the Spurs by playing Manu against the Suns. If not for that monumentally fucktarded brainfart by Pop, the Spurs would be, at worst, up 2-1, and probably up 3-0. Now they have to fight for their lives against an 8 seed, and have a very good chance of being eliminated by the Grizzlies.

TBQH, the Spurs have a 50/50 chance at best of winning this series now.

Thanks, Pop...go stick a running chainsaw up your ass.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
04-24-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm pretty confident

Obstructed_View
04-24-2011, 08:25 PM

At one point it looked like Timmy's injury was what was going to put the Spurs over the top, considering how great Splitter played. Didn't seem like there was any way to deny him PT for a deep playoff run. Oh well.

silverblk mystix
04-24-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't know if this is ;

a) confidence

b) perspective

c) wishful thinking

but here goes;

Things turn quickly in a series, momentum is a strange thing and it appears that Memphis has controlled the series all the way until now.
It will turn again.

The spurs will focus for 8 quarters and then it will look different.

After 4 focused quarters-the spurs will tie the series and go home.

Four more focused quarters will have the spurs winning and up 3-2.

Memphis will head home scratching their heads and wondering WTF?

Let's pull for the team.

greyforest
04-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Spurs need to play like the regular season spurs.

this spurs team is unrecognizable.

I recognize it from last year's playoffs

GinobiliForTres
04-24-2011, 09:05 PM
I don't know if this is ;

a) confidence

b) perspective

c) wishful thinking

but here goes;

Things turn quickly in a series, momentum is a strange thing and it appears that Memphis has controlled the series all the way until now.
It will turn again.

The spurs will focus for 8 quarters and then it will look different.

After 4 focused quarters-the spurs will tie the series and go home.

Four more focused quarters will have the spurs winning and up 3-2.

Memphis will head home scratching their heads and wondering WTF?

Let's pull for the team.

This. Last night, I was really questioning the team. But, I had a terrible feeling before Gm3. I wanted to be confident but I couldn't. I wasn't amped.

I'm more amped right now than I have been all series. I'm 100% confident that this series has a GREAT chance of coming back to Memphis with the Spurs leading it 3-2. Tomorrow's game has a good feeling to it for me. I love this team, and i'm never giving up on them till I know it's over.

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

rascal
04-24-2011, 09:09 PM
The Spurs will win game 4.

Yorae
04-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Until parker wakes up and pulls his head off his ass then we are going to a first round exit, sad to say....

mexicanjunior
04-25-2011, 02:32 AM
0% confident....

Manu injury and Pop's refusal to give Splitter a chance were the deal breakers from the start of the series...hence why I thought the Spurs would only win 2 games.

angelbelow
04-25-2011, 05:38 AM
Supremely confident that we will win game 4 in a spectacular fashion.

GrandeDavid
04-25-2011, 08:36 AM

I feel this way, too. Call it flukish if one will, but I think the Spurs will execute in the clutch and pull away late.

hater
04-25-2011, 08:46 AM
If Bonner plays over 20 mpg LOSS

otherwise WINN