PDA

View Full Version : Never Underestimate the Heart of A Champion

Calispursfan11
04-24-2011, 01:03 PM
To all Fairweather fans, pessimists and realists,

It's far from over. Memphis is going to have to beat us. Ultimately although we've been playing poorly, this Spurs team will not hand this series to Memphis. Manu will not let it happen. I also believe it is time for us to smack these chumps in the mouth in game 4. Peace.

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks Rudy T.

Bito Corleone
04-24-2011, 01:06 PM
These Spurs aren't those Rockets

Calispursfan11
04-24-2011, 01:12 PM
As long as the big three are together, there is always hope. Also TP has something to prove next game. Everyone underestimates him. He due for 30+ pt game or something close. Also the bench is due to hit some treys. It's about resilience and getting back up even when you look dead in the water. I still believe - prime example a few years ago when we were down to NO and turned the series around in dramatic fashion.

IronMaxipad
04-24-2011, 01:16 PM
You guys ain't defending champions though.. Irrelevant thread tbh.

xtremesteven33
04-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Spurs just need to save themselves from getting humiliated again. Last year they left with a sour taste in thier mouth from being swept. Now they dont wanna get eliminated by trash talking,tanking playoff virgins.

Parker needs to man the fuck up and figure out how to get his team some wins.

GrandeDavid
04-24-2011, 01:35 PM

It's far from over. Memphis is going to have to beat us. Ultimately although we've been playing poorly, this Spurs team will not hand this series to Memphis. Manu will not let it happen. I also believe it is time for us to smack these chumps in the mouth in game 4. Peace.

Dude, the Spurs give big minutes to Matt Bonner. And their one dimensional three point shooters can't even do their jobs at a 25% success rate. It's not about the heart, it's about the tools and lack thereof.

Budkin
04-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Spurs just need to save themselves from getting humiliated again. Last year they left with a sour taste in thier mouth from being swept. Now they dont wanna get eliminated by trash talking,tanking playoff virgins.

Parker needs to man the fuck up and figure out how to get his team some wins.

This.

Sean Cagney
04-24-2011, 01:49 PM
These Spurs aren't those Rockets

These Spurs are not even the Spurs we knew that won titles :rolleyes

G-Dawgg
04-24-2011, 01:58 PM
This squad does not have the heart of a champion...they look like a non-playoff team tbh....

Texas_Ranger
04-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Pop is a moron
Bonner 20+ minutes
Parker sucks
Spurs play no defense
Blair and Hill are more into twitter
Tim is old

Fuck the heart of a champion. This team looks more like a loser than a champ.

itzsoweezee
04-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Dude, the Spurs give big minutes to Matt Bonner. And their one dimensional three point shooters can't even do their jobs at a 25% success rate. It's not about the heart, it's about the tools and lack thereof.

There's no lack of tools. This roster is stacked. It's Popovich's "system" and gimmick philosophy that's tanking the Spurs's chances at success. Ship the senile old fool out.

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2011, 02:07 PM

Never underestimate the collective gaping and exposed vagina of the Spurs.

You say Manu will not let it happen...well it's a team game, and there's no way this Spurs team is advancing with only 2 players of the team showing up to play.

DJ Mbenga
04-24-2011, 02:07 PM

you know he said that when his guys were defending champs, not champs 4 years ago

Basketball Power
04-24-2011, 02:10 PM
how is this team a champion? only the big 3 have rings (Bonner has one but didn't play a minute in that title run, go figure)

07 big 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>11 big 3

21_Blessings
04-24-2011, 02:14 PM
The Rockets actually repeated. Do not sully their name by comparing them to this gutless Spurs team.

Basketball Power
04-24-2011, 02:18 PM
The Rockets actually repeated. Do not sully their name by comparing them to this gutless Spurs team.

c/s

Russ
04-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Spurs win this in 6 or 7. Memphis should wear down and the Spurs will step up.

Memphis is the fashionable pick, but a lot of prognosticators don't understand NBA playoff basketball -- especially the ringless former players who are almost unanimous in their endorsement of the Grizz.

Basketball Power
04-24-2011, 02:33 PM

Memphis is the fashionable pick, but a lot of prognosticators don't understand NBA playoff basketball -- especially the ringless former players who are almost unanimous in their endorsement of the Grizz.

a young excited hungry MEM team will wear down before the old Spurs? that's your logic?

Russ
04-24-2011, 02:44 PM
a young excited hungry MEM team will wear down before the old Spurs? that's your logic?

Yep. But don't take my word, you'll get a chance to see it yourself. (In the meantime, remember how the the young excited hungry NO Hornets, up 3-1, wore down against the old Spurs.) :)

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2011, 02:48 PM

Truth.

spurtech09
04-24-2011, 03:22 PM

hope your right...but yeah spurs haven't showed up in this series....tony parker hasn't played like he usually does....the bench has sucked....bonner can't defend hes too small and blair is slow.....spurs haven't played there best basketball and yet still had a chance to win game one and 3......if spurs start playing they way the spurs play spurs will beat memphis no doubt....the whole team needs to wake up and smell the coffee....

Spurs7794
04-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Yep. But don't take my word, you'll get a chance to see it yourself. (In the meantime, remember how the the young excited hungry NO Hornets, up 3-1, wore down against the old Spurs.) :)

Too bad we never came back from 3-1 down against NO.

This team has 3 players with the heart of champions but for one reason or another, they are all down on themselves somewhat...Parker is playing worse than I've ever seen him in the playoffs since 2004, Manu is clearly injured and struggling with crisp passes and shots, and Duncan is stuggling to reassert himself after a season of them not going into him. The rest of their players other than McDyess and RJ are playing scared or too quick. Plus Pop has gone from being irreplaceable to being an arrogant know-it all piece of shit.

Sigz
04-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Oh fuck this thread.

The season is over and we ALL know it.

jeebus
04-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Bonner is a champion? :lol

offense gets you rings more than defense? :lol

Pop knows what he's doing? :lol

We might win one more playoff game but that's it. It's time to start looking ahead to next season and see if we can get rid of some supposedly key players.

bresilhac
04-24-2011, 05:47 PM

Here's some sullying for you. The Rockets only won those two lonely Championships because Michael Jordan decided to take some time off to try his hand at baseball. If MJ doesn't temporarily retire during that period Houston wins shit. So go crawl under a fucking rock now laker scum.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2011, 05:52 PM
When the Spurs show some heart, let me know.

Sean Cagney
04-24-2011, 05:52 PM

I agree it is usally the ringless older guys who are retired who smile and want them to win, to get over the Spurs beating them or the fact they won nothing so they love to hate on the Spurs.

Sean Cagney
04-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Here's some sullying for you. The Rockets only won those two lonely Championships because Michael Jordan decided to take some time off to try his hand at baseball. If MJ doesn't temporarily retire during that period Houston wins shit. So go crawl under a fucking rock now laker scum.

This is true as well, this right here is the GOD to honest truth there.

bresilhac
04-24-2011, 05:57 PM
I agree it is usally the ringless older guys who are retired who smile and want them to win, to get over the Spurs beating them or the fact they won nothing so they love to hate on the Spurs.

Enter one Jon Barry. This particular ringless idiot is so anti-Spur that it's palpable when he speaks of the Spurs and their Title hopes on television. Very biased ex-player.

TD 21
04-24-2011, 05:59 PM
This team isn't a championship team, though. And it's not about this series. They could still win it, but who cares? The goal was supposedly to win the championship, not to survive a first round series. With the way this series has went, surviving this series will be like a championship in and of itself. Anytime that's the case, you know a team is doomed to lose in the next round in short order.

The past month has been nothing but bad luck for this team. It continued last night. The Thunder won and are in position to make short work of the Nuggets (I say bad luck because this series was thought by virtually everyone to be a 6 or 7 game series initially). They've already got the younger legs, now they'll have the fresher ones, too. So even if the Spurs advance, we'd probably be looking at something similar to the '08 WCF all over again, where they're flat out out of gas.

Oh, Gee!!
04-24-2011, 06:16 PM

And that series left us tired and exposed and the lakers kicked our asses the next round. One seeds should make short work of eight seeds if they expect to win a ring

timtonymanu
04-24-2011, 06:21 PM
This team isn't a championship team, though. And it's not about this series. They could still win it, but who cares? The goal was supposedly to win the championship, not to survive a first round series. With the way this series has went, surviving this series will be like a championship in and of itself. Anytime that's the case, you know a team is doomed to lose in the next round in short order.

The past month has been nothing but bad luck for this team. It continued last night. The Thunder won and are in position to make short work of the Nuggets (I say bad luck because this series was thought by virtually everyone to be a 6 or 7 game series initially). They've already got the younger legs, now they'll have the fresher ones, too. So even if the Spurs advance, we'd probably be looking at something similar to the '08 WCF all over again, where they're flat out out of gas.

This.

Also we havent faced the new-look Thunder before. That's a disadvantage. This is why I felt our depth was overrated. These guys look good in the regular season but when we need them the most, most of them will fold. The only one that seems to be playing with a sense of urgency out of the role players is RJ. McDyess has it for stretches as well.

It doesn't help that TP is playing very poorly. If we're lucky enough to get the 2nd round, we will lose to the Thunder in 5.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2011, 06:25 PM
I guess the Spurs could accidentally win this series even by continuing to play poorly, and then they would be in trouble against OKC. Not likely though.

objective
04-24-2011, 06:31 PM
"Bruce Bowen isn't walking through that door.

But let me tell you who is: Matt Bonner and Richard Jefferson through 2014. Matt Bonner has great corporate knowledge. Jefferson spent 2 weeks running around cones with me in the summer."

- :pop:

dunkman
04-24-2011, 09:19 PM
The Spurs should win the next game, after that, pivotal game 5 is in SA, so the Spurs should close out the Grizzlies in 6. They are a good team and it's a very tough match up.

The Spurs lost game 1 without Manu, they will win the rest of home games, but right now the team needs to get the HCA back.

G-Dawgg
04-24-2011, 09:25 PM
There's no lack of tools. This roster is stacked. It's Popovich's "system" and gimmick philosophy that's tanking the Spurs's chances at success. Ship the senile old fool out.
It isn't the system....in order to win, players need to hit shots.. they look like a bunch of scared bitches.

Every player is playing scared. They need to grow a set of nuts and take (and hit) the shots they normally do...

...bunch of chicken shits.
It's embarssing for me to be a Spurs fan right now.

Oh well, I'll still cheer for them until the bitter end which will likely be soon.....

TampaDude
04-24-2011, 09:25 PM

^ 100% truth

Had Jordan not taken that time off from the NBA, it would've been an EIGHTPEAT for the Bulls. :toast

TampaDude
04-24-2011, 09:28 PM
It's embarassing for me to be a Spurs fan right now.

WERD...if the Spurs truly sucked, it would be one thing...at least we could laugh at them and revel in their suckiness...but the Spurs are a very good team that is massively underachieving right now...IMHO, that is far more embarrassing. :bang

Oh, Gee!!
04-24-2011, 09:33 PM
^ 100% truth

Had Jordan not taken that time off from the NBA, it would've been an EIGHTPEAT for the Bulls. :toast

therefore, the spurs will win it all this year?

Calispursfan11
04-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Don't give up yet. These guys may not be exactly the same Spurs that won championships but the corporate knowledge is there and this series is still going last I checked. Grizz still have to win 2 more to get past us. No easy task.

Oh, Gee!!
04-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Don't give up yet. These guys may not be exactly the same Spurs that won championships but the corporate knowledge is there and this series is still going last I checked. Grizz still have to win 2 more to get past us. No easy task.

Inspiring. You should work for Hallmark.

Worst pep talk ever.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Inspiring. You should work for Hallmark.

Worst pep talk ever.

Someone from the Sixers said "No WAY they're sweeping us."

Oh, Gee!!
04-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Someone from the Sixers said "No WAY they're sweeping us."

That's worse. At least we're not the sixers.

hmmmm.....

At least we're not the Sixers!!

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Never Underestimate the Stupidity of A Champion Coach

-new thread title

Solid D
04-24-2011, 11:39 PM
If defense = aorta, then the Spurs have a hole in their aortic valve.

Solid D
04-24-2011, 11:42 PM
With the way this series has went, surviving this series will be like a championship in and of itself.

Did you and edgar have the same teacher in school?

:smokin

G-Dawgg
04-24-2011, 11:49 PM
Never overestimate the heart of an ex champion...

I'm so disappointed in my Spurs.
That game was theirs to win, but they were too nutless to pull it off....

Capt Bringdown
04-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Those '94 & '95 Rockets teams were the clutchest mofo's I've ever seen, brimming with attitude and courage. I sure wish the '11 Spurs had a bit of that. Maybe the Spurs will respond to adversity the same way the Rockets did. We'll see what these Spurs are made of in the next couple of games.

Kai
04-25-2011, 12:06 AM

And here's some sullying for you. The 90's Rockets routinely raped MJ and his Bulls whenever they met. Just so happened that the 2 years we were able to actually get to the finals 1st year) MJ was striking out at the plate 2nd year) Orlando beat them in the East semis.

:lobt2::lobt2:

spurs10
04-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Never underestimate the fail of every negative, faithless spoiled fan on this thread. Please don't watch the game, you're bad vibes are bad luck.

Sean Cagney
04-25-2011, 12:14 AM
And here's some sullying for you. The 90's Rockets routinely raped MJ and his Bulls whenever they met. Just so happened that the 2 years we were able to actually get to the finals 1st year) MJ was striking out at the plate 2nd year) Orlando beat them in the East semis.

I doubt they routinely raped them! But playoffs were completely different then for the Bulls, they would step it up ten notches! I agree on the Orlando thing though, but that was only because MJ was not in game shape yet. Most you win is one if you meet them twice, seriously.

Chomag
04-25-2011, 01:15 AM
TBH it's been a pretty long time since I have seen that kind of passion in the Spurs as a whole. A few years ago this team used to out-right refuse to lose and be pushed around by anybody, be it 1st or 8th seed. Those were amazing times, and a privilege to have watched.

I still think Spurs can take this series but I'll have to wait and see if I'll be able to say the same thing after game 4.

mexicanjunior
04-25-2011, 02:11 AM

The Hornets series was 2-2 going into game 5...home team won every game except game 7...

As I predicted before the series, Grizz win in 6...series was lost the moment Pop played the starters in the Suns game to end the season.

Capt Bringdown
04-25-2011, 02:14 AM
A few years ago this team used to out-right refuse to lose and be pushed around by anybody, be it 1st or 8th seed. Those were amazing times, and a privilege to have watched.

Indeed, I think we last saw that spirit in '05, and to a lesser extent in '07. Permanently gone with Bowen's decline and departure.

NewcastleKEG
04-25-2011, 03:16 AM

1990: 1-1
1991: Rockets 2-0
1992: 1-1
1993: Rockets 2-0
1994: 1-1 (Without MJ)
1995: 1-1 (Without MJ)
1996: Bulls 2-0
1997: 1-1
1998: Bulls 2-0
1999: Didn't Play

Total: 9-9 Split
LOL @ raped

Let's face the facts Rocket fan.
You won a title with a 35 regular season loses. You went the distance against the Suns twice, lesser versions of the team the Bulls took care of in 6 games. If not for the biggest underachieving franchise in NBA History (Suns) people would rank the Karl Malone Jazz higher than Olajuwon's Rockets.

Hakeem got knocked out in the 1st Round of the playoffs or didn't even qualify 8 of his 15 seasons with the Rockets! That's astounding

Obstructed_View
04-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Yeah, let's not pretend like Hakeem had heart. It took a lot of late season rest by the coach, some of the most talented and clutch role players in history, Dennis Rodman refusing to guard anyone and a manufactured slight by the NBA to get him his rings.

Jimcs50
04-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Pop is a moron
Bonner 20+ minutes
Parker sucks
Spurs play no defense
Blair and Hill are more into twitter
Tim is old

Fuck the heart of a champion. This team looks more like a loser than a champ.

What an arse.

:rolleyes

Horse
04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
You have your own problems with new orleans so fuckoff cockstain!

rascal
04-25-2011, 01:41 PM

The roster is stacked only in your mind. The frontline is thin.

Calispursfan11
04-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Gary Neal is due for a breakout game. Book it. Forget whether pop is senile. This team is too good to lose the next game. With some contribution from the bench, the Spurs have a great shot at game 4. Ye of little faith heed my comments.

Calispursfan11
04-25-2011, 02:16 PM

Sean, even if our Spurs lose gm 4, your cleavage is amazing. That in itself deserves a toast!:toast