PDA

View Full Version : Did Splitter run over Pop's dog or something?

dallasmaverickslose
04-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm beginning to think Pop just has something personal against him.

I'm not taking "it wouldnt be fair to the team" as an acceptable answer.

Bito Corleone
04-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Yes, that's exactly what happened, and make matters even worse, it was as Splitter was leaving Pop's house immediately following him dropping Pop's most prized bottle of wine.

Budkin
04-24-2011, 01:55 PM
I'll bet that Splitter at some point bitched to Pop about playing time and Pop reacted by keeping his ass glued to the bench.

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Pop is a piece of shit.

nobodi_home
04-24-2011, 04:02 PM
He must have done something. Splitter is an excellent player, yet he's getting no chance to help. He did great in the games he played in during the drive down the home stretch of the regular season. Now we are to suppose he can no loger play well?

Poopervich is wrecking this team. I like Pop, always have, but I don't understand what he's doing lately, and not calling a timeout with those precious 6 seconds left in Game 3 against Memphis is totally baffling.

Poopervich, have you started coming down with Al-Zee-Heimers brain disease??

ManuBalboa
04-24-2011, 04:03 PM
HE MISSED TRAINING CAMP.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/Geesaroni/RageFace.png

GrandeDavid
04-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Pop has no excuses, Splitter should be playing. Period. Pop is making a case that his time has passed big time. By the way this team has been playing, I don't think they're buying into the wine connoisseur halftime tirade by a man three times as old and a foot shorter than they are. Hopefully this all changes on Monday, but I've learned over past couple of years to not ever expect this team to come back from a playoff loss and get a win. Too many miles on those tires. Everyone seems tired...and even tired of each other...although at least players aren't throwing one another under the bus. That's a tribute to Tim Duncan and Manu, big time.

Hemotivo
04-24-2011, 04:52 PM
I'll bet that Splitter at some point bitched to Pop about playing time and Pop reacted by keeping his ass glued to the bench.

yep, that and when he shoot some 3s against crappy teams like golden state

jeebus
04-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Pop is a piece of shit.

lefty
04-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Pop wasnt good enough to play in the NBA

That's why he likes Bonner so much

Anonymous Cowherd
04-24-2011, 05:29 PM
"Well, replace the words 'or something' with 'repeatedly' and 'dog' with 'son'..."

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 05:30 PM
yep, that and when he shoot some 3s against crappy teams like golden state

Had nothing to do with it.

redskinfan
04-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Will we see Splitter now that Dice is dinged?

silverblk mystix
04-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Pop understands Bonner's playoff choking ---

because Pop has been choking in the playoffs for going on 4 years now.

Juanobili
04-24-2011, 05:39 PM
I thought he learned from Hill's rookie year

Hemotivo
04-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Had nothing to do with it.

:rolleyes

TampaDude
04-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Will we see Splitter now that Dice is dinged?

Not a chance. Splitter is PARKED for the playoffs. ZERO minutes, no matter what.

Venti Quattro
04-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Blair eats up Dice's minutes as per the usual. Pop is very rigid and routinary in the playoffs. I'd be surprised if he calls Splitter out from the dog house.

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 07:37 PM
:rolleyes

Great take :tu

Tiago wasn't playing before that shot. So you were wrong. And you are a Rocket fan. Tough day for you.

Hemotivo
04-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Great take :tu

Tiago wasn't playing before that shot. So you were wrong. And you are a Rocket fan. Tough day for you.

and your take is...

SA210
04-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Pop is a piece of shit.

DPG21920
04-24-2011, 11:23 PM
and your take is...

:lol I told you up front; Tiago wasn't playing well before the shot you mentioned. Because of that fact, the shot had nothing to do with him not playing. In fact, he got more opportunity after that shot than he did before.

dbestpro
04-24-2011, 11:26 PM
There are only a few logical conclusions to be had.
One, Pop is insane.
Two, The NBA is rigged and this is what the Spurs have been told to do.
or Three, Pop has added gambling to his addiction list along with alcohol.

G-Dawgg
04-24-2011, 11:32 PM
There are only a few logical conclusions to be had.
One, Pop is insane.
Two, The NBA is rigged and this is what the Spurs have been told to do.
or Three, Pop has added gambling to his addiction list along with alcohol.

Four... Tiago sux and is a bust....

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2011, 11:40 PM
In reality, Tiago dragged Pop's wife from their master bedroom and brutality raped her in the middle of the street, and then teamed up with his countryman Nene to do the same to his daughters.

Or at least that can be inferred from this inexplicable bullshit that is occurring.

Tiago, you need to GTFOutta here. Please do yourself a favor and team up with your countryman in Denver, where you will in fact see the hardwood and play under a superior coach who is leading his young squad without their ex-franchise star to great progress. Your future is bright in Denver, do yourself and all of us a favor and just leave. Not only will you be way better off, but we as fans will no longer need to be furious that a 7 foot center is riding the bench, playing a whopping average of 30 seconds per game while Bonner is playing 25 per game.

mingus
04-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Splitter isn't playing because he straight up disrespected Bonner in practice by stuffing his shit out-of-bounds. You're only allowed to block Bonner in practice if you warn him before hand.

Genjuro
04-25-2011, 03:42 AM
For the 100th time, he is not half as good as the idiot homers here hyped him up to be. He was never even that good in Europe, just the 4th to 5th best player on his team.
Keep up the good work. There are few better things than a good laugh, and you have to be one of the most underrated posters on this forum.

Splitter was only the Spanish League MVP and Finals MVP in his last season in Spain (first time that happens since Sabonis did it in the mid nineties), and the only player from his team to be selected in the all-Euroleague teams in each one of his last three seasons. Not bad for the 4th to 5th best player on his team.

Fireball
04-25-2011, 05:02 AM
But maybe all these players you mentioned are still better than Matt Bonner.

I know Pop does not want to play the rookie in the playoffs if you have other players at his position who have more corporate knowledge. But right now its not working against Memphis. We could have won all three games or lost all three games ... they were that close. Thats why Pop thinks everything is all right.

But by not trying to use Splitter even once I see the Spurs lose that series and the last shot for a title. This season is the last of the Big Three as we know them. Next year might be a lockout and on top of that both Manu and Tony will play for their national teams to qualify for the Olympics. So its now or never and it will be never if you are not taking a risk.

Splitter could easily average the points of Blair and Bonner in this series. Spurs offense already sucks, could not be worse with Splitter. Plus Splitter would be better defensively and could put more fouls on Z-Bo or Gasol by working the offensive glass ...

Genjuro
04-25-2011, 05:16 AM
Lior Eliyahu is better than Tiago Splitter.

Stanko Barac is better than Tiago Splitter.

Marcelo Huertas is better than Tiago Splitter.

Fernando San Emeterrio is better than Tiago Splitter.

Mirza Teletovic is better than Tiago Splitter.

Splitter was no more than the 6th best player on Baskonia's roster last year. You are totally delusional if you think Splitter is as good as any of those players and obviously completely lacking in even the most basic basketball knowledge.

If you think Splitter is as good, or is better than any of those players, then you are nothing but another troll. PERIOD.

And you keep talking about the Spanish League like it is some great league or something. Get real and stop trolling. The Spanish League is total crap compared to the NBA and Euroleague.

And you keep implying that Splitter was somehow the equal of Sabonis in Spain.............which is freaking hilarious. You talk about a good laugh? Your posts are beyond a comedy routine, how you mention Sabonis with Splitter. :lmao:rollin:blah:lol:downspin:

And as far as making 3 All-Euroleague Teams..........in recent years, like the previous 7 years since Splitter was playing as a rotation player in Euroleague:

Navarro - 5
Papaloukas - 4
Vujcic - 4
Siskauskas - 3
Spanoulis - 3
Scola - 3
Splitter - 3

And Navarro and Spanoulis spent a year in the NBA, otherwise they would have had 6 and 4 each (middle of Navarro's run and PAO won the title that year Spanoulis was in NBA). So during this time of Splitter's whole Euroleague career as a rotation player......

Navarro, Papaloukas, and Spanoulis were all getting more All-Euroleague selections and Siska the same. Vujcic got more, so Splitter was not even selected the most at his own position. Vujcic was selected 4 times at center.

Funny, that you use that as some kind of argument to make Splitter seem so good, when you are the same guy that said Spanoulis is not good enough to play in the NBA. Seriously, just STFU.
Neverending laughs.

My dog is better than Splitter. And that's because Navarro, Papaloukas, Vujcic, Siskauskas, Spanoulis and Scola, all have as many if not more all-Euroleague team nominations than Splitter.

Get real, Splitter is better than Spanoulis because Michael Jordan has 5 MVPs. But since the NBA is weaker than the HEBA, Spanoulis is better than Jordan, but not better than my dog, who catches a frisbie in spectacular fashion.

I would never tell you to STFU. Too much fun. Do they pay you to entertain these boards? Keep it coming.

Genjuro
04-25-2011, 05:27 AM
It is clear that you have never in your life even seen a Euroleague game. You are just another troll.
It's clear that you've never seen my dog elegantly jumping in the air. Very reactive, excellent vertical, superb first step. A fan favourite.

SenorSpur
04-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Pop has absolutely NO excuse for refusing to give Splitter a run against the bigger, more physical Memphis frontline. As others have stated, nothing else appears to be working, so in reality, therefore Pop has nothing else to lose. If he gave Splitter some burn and if it turned out he sucked too, the Spurs would be no worse off than they are now.

Pop is simply being a stubborn jackass...and he needs to get over himself.

boutons_deux
04-25-2011, 05:51 AM
And the repeated lie here that Pop doesn't play the rookie Splitter, but Neal is a .... ?

IknowU
04-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Pop has absolutely NO excuse for refusing to give Splitter a run against the bigger, more physical Memphis frontline. As others have stated, nothing else appears to be working, so in reality, therefore Pop has nothing else to lose. If he gave Splitter some burn and if it turned out he sucked too, the Spurs would be no worse off than they are now.

Pop is simply being a stubborn jackass...and he needs to get over himself.

Im more interesting in Pop giving us straight answers......its too late to do anything about the Splitter debacle.

I want someone asking him the hard question with Pop replying with serious answers.

Then only I can sleep properly, I dont care about the results anymore because the results are 50% influenced by Pop and the rest by the team's performance.

Capt Bringdown
04-25-2011, 06:48 AM
This season is the last of the Big Three as we know them. Next year might be a lockout and on top of that both Manu and Tony will play for their national teams to qualify for the Olympics. So its now or never and it will be never if you are not taking a risk.

Splitter could easily average the points of Blair and Bonner in this series. Spurs offense already sucks, could not be worse with Splitter. Plus Splitter would be better defensively and could put more fouls on Z-Bo or Gasol by working the offensive glass ...

Agreed 100%, so nice I wanted to see it twice. Irrefutable.

Hemotivo
04-25-2011, 07:03 AM
:lol san emeterio

Fireball
04-25-2011, 07:23 AM
And the repeated lie here that Pop doesn't play the rookie Splitter, but Neal is a .... ?

Neal had to play early in the season after Anderson got injured. He earned playing time and is the 4th guard right now. Splitter is only the 5th big for Pop which equates in zero playing time in the playoffs.

And Neal can shoot threes ...

rwb
04-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Well I wrote an open letter to Pop to the Express News begging him to give Splitter a chance even if all he did was stand in front of the basket with his hands straight up in the air. It's really not a matter of how good or bad Tiago is at this point, it's a matter of repeated abuse in the paint which we knew was going to happen with the Grizz while a 7-foot wall rots on the pine. Someone in the Spurs organization needs to have an invtervention with Pop PRONTO.

Obstructed_View
04-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Splitter should have known better than to shoot that three against Sacramento.

Obstructed_View
04-25-2011, 07:56 AM
I sent a letter to the San Antonio Light and told them to tell Pop to let Splitter start.

Jimcs50
04-25-2011, 08:01 AM
What would Splitter have brought to the table??? Would he have made it so Spurs out rebound Memphis in series? Spurs have lready have done that. Spurs' problem is that they have no made jump shots and Memphis has. If Spurs start hitting 3s and if TP starts playing like the Finals MVP that his is capable of, then Spurs get control of series.

Get over Splitter.

Our bigs have not been the problem.

TampaDude
04-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Lior Eliyahu is better than Tiago Splitter.

Stanko Barac is better than Tiago Splitter.

Marcelo Huertas is better than Tiago Splitter.

Fernando San Emeterrio is better than Tiago Splitter.

Mirza Teletovic is better than Tiago Splitter.

Splitter was no more than the 6th best player on Baskonia's roster last year. You are totally delusional if you think Splitter is as good as any of those players and obviously completely lacking in even the most basic basketball knowledge.

If you think Splitter is as good, or is better than any of those players, then you are nothing but another troll. PERIOD.

And you keep talking about the Spanish League like it is some great league or something. Get real and stop trolling. The Spanish League is total crap compared to the NBA and Euroleague.

And you keep implying that Splitter was somehow the equal of Sabonis in Spain.............which is freaking hilarious. You talk about a good laugh? Your posts are beyond a comedy routine, how you mention Sabonis with Splitter. :lmao:rollin:blah:lol:downspin:

And as far as making 3 All-Euroleague Teams..........in recent years, like the previous 7 years since Splitter was playing as a rotation player in Euroleague:

Navarro - 5
Papaloukas - 4
Vujcic - 4
Siskauskas - 3
Spanoulis - 3
Scola - 3
Langdon - 3
Splitter - 3

You make it sound like 3 All-Euroleague selections during his Euroleague career as a rotation player is supposed to be special or something? Those other players did that during Splitter's Euroleague career. Just more proof your ridiculous overrating and over hyping non-stop bull shit about Splitter.

And Navarro and Spanoulis spent a year in the NBA, otherwise they would have had 6 and 4 each (middle of Navarro's run and PAO won the title that year Spanoulis was in NBA). So during this time of Splitter's whole Euroleague career as a rotation player......

Navarro, Papaloukas, and Spanoulis were all getting more All-Euroleague selections and Siska the same. Vujcic got more, so Splitter was not even selected the most at his own position. Vujcic was selected 4 times at center.

Funny, that you use that as some kind of argument to make Splitter seem so good, when you are the same guy that said Spanoulis is not good enough to play in the NBA. Seriously, just STFU.

You are just pissed off because everyone is seeing how overrated the POS ACB league is.

None of what you said changes the fact that Splitter is a 1000x better defender than Bonner, which is why we want Pop to play him. Who gives a flying fuck about Euroleague, anyway. This is the NBA, son!!! :lol

TampaDude
04-25-2011, 08:10 AM
The average NBA game is about half the level of an average Euroleague game.

Have you even been watching the playoffs??? :lmao

igruex
04-25-2011, 08:48 AM
In the last two games defense was not really the problem.. The Spurs followed the plan more than decently, MEM got a bit lucky with some shots, defense is good enough to beat them. The major concern right now, opposed to the regular season is on the offensive end, the lack of playmaking from Tony and Manu, and the inability to create shots by everyone else is hurting the Spurs big time... Splitter doesn't help with that. Bonner and Dice are the only bigs apart from Duncan able to hit a jumper, that's also why Blair is not getting playing time.

What I don't get is why is Bonner playing so much if he isn't attempting 3s. I know Tony and Manu aren't giving him open looks right now but do we have time to wait for that to happen?

hater
04-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Splitter is Oberto of 07 at worst. Anybody who disputes that is clueless.

Oberto of 07 >>> Bonner

Genjuro
04-25-2011, 09:09 AM
The average NBA game is about half the level of an average Euroleague game.
Probably, but still a good three quarters of the pick-up games I play with my friends on Thursday (in a traditional singles vs. married format). That has to count something, hasn't it?

marini martini
04-25-2011, 09:18 AM
I sent a letter to the San Antonio Light and told them to tell Pop to let Splitter start.

:lol

Fireball
04-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Neal is incredibly overrated in this forum. The true level of player that he is has basically been exposed in the playoffs. If Splitter was given a fair amount of playing time, he would be a much more valuable player than Gary Neal is.

I just wanted to comment on why Neal gets playing time and Splitter is not. Neal only was solid in game 2 and has yet to show that he is different to RMJ in the playoffs.

SenorSpur
04-25-2011, 11:58 AM
What would Splitter have brought to the table??? Would he have made it so Spurs out rebound Memphis in series? Spurs have lready have done that. Spurs' problem is that they have no made jump shots and Memphis has. If Spurs start hitting 3s and if TP starts playing like the Finals MVP that his is capable of, then Spurs get control of series.

Get over Splitter.

Please!

Bigs have not been the sole problem, but they are a problem in that both Gasol and Randolph have taken turns ravaging the Spurs interior and NO ONE has proven capable of slowing them down.

As far as what Splitter could bring to the table, start with an active low-post presence, good rebounding and solid defensive play.

Again, there is absolutely no risk to giving Tiago a shot against the Memphis bigs because it can't get much worse.

ALVAREZ6
04-25-2011, 12:03 PM

Get over Splitter.

Yeah, you don't know much about basketball. It's more about one on one post defense than it is rebounding right now, and the Memphis bigs are the reason the Spurs are getting pounded. They play inside-out all series long, it's what they do, and frontcourt play is extremely important in the playoffs in grind it out, less possession games. You can get by as a perimeter team throughout regular season, it becomes much tougher in the playoffs. See: Dallas Mavericks of the past decade. They always dominate in the regular, they always fall in the playoffs.

Sure the guard play isn't optimal, we all know that TP needs to step up, but even if he does, the biggest problem is still down in the paint, and quite frankly this team does not have the frontcourt personnel to win another championship. The Spurs organization has failed to put another high quality solid big alongside Duncan for some years now.

I'm not quitting on the Spurs, I hope they push this thing out as far as they possibly can, but anyone who realistically believes they're winning another championship is delusional. Go ahead and call me a pessimist, I just see it as realism.

BRs.Ganso
04-25-2011, 12:35 PM
NBA regular season is much lower level than Euroleague. NBA first round of the playoffs is closer, but still worse than Euroleague.

Not until around the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs does the level get to where the Euroleague is.

Yes, I have watched the NBA playoffs so far. It's well below the level of this year's Euroleague playoffs.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

lol

Obstructed_View
04-25-2011, 02:14 PM

No, the other team's bigs have been the problem, or did you miss the box scores? That's why having a big that could actually, I don't know, defend them and draw the occasional foul would be great.

rasho8
04-25-2011, 02:33 PM
NBA regular season is much lower level than Euroleague. NBA first round of the playoffs is closer, but still worse than Euroleague.

Not until around the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs does the level get to where the Euroleague is.

Yes, I have watched the NBA playoffs so far. It's well below the level of this year's Euroleague playoffs.

You are such a retarded fake greek it isn't even funny anymore.