PDA

View Full Version : Now that Dwight is destined to L.A. , who is the next coach of ORL?

djohn2oo8
04-24-2011, 08:54 PM
?

Budkin
04-24-2011, 08:55 PM
They better get someone fast or he WILL be gone. They've got one season.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Stan better step down before that happens or he won't make it out of Orlando alive if this keeps up.

4>0rings
04-24-2011, 09:05 PM
He's done, nothing can save him. What will LA give up for Howard? Fish and Walton?... I know I know, that favors Orlando too much for LA to do it.

Killakobe81
04-24-2011, 09:08 PM
He's done, nothing can save him. What will LA give up for Howard? Fish and Walton?... I know I know, that favors Orlando too much for LA to do it.

Nope but Bynum, Luke's expiring and two future #1's oughta do it ...

baseline bum
04-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Howard can't opt out until 2012, and who says he does when the last year is for $19 million? There is a great chance no one is going to be able to sign new contracts for that kind of money once the lockout ends.

DMC
04-24-2011, 09:18 PM
You jest, but in... oh.. 20 years the Magic could have a good team and you would be forced to look back to that trade as the catalyst.

Darrin
04-24-2011, 09:20 PM
He should go to New York.

DMC
04-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Howard can't opt out until 2012, and who says he does when the last year is for $19 million? There is a great chance no one is going to be able to sign new contracts for that kind of money once the lockout ends.
Contract money, sure, but Dwight in Chicago, NY or LA would be a spokesman for every product under the sun (even more than now). Larger fan base means bigger ad contracts.

Killakobe81
04-24-2011, 09:22 PM

why would they take the chance of losing him? If you trade him before he can opt out (2012) you get more out of the deal .. otherwise they are facing a Lebron type scenario. If the new CBA limits contracts that can be signed, even better odds of the Lakers getting him ...because you would need a big salary to absorb that $19 mill. ...how many 19 million players would be on the market? Duncan? No way spurs trade him ...

I am not saying we definitely get him, but I think we have a better chance, than Orlando has of keeping him, but we shall see ...

bynum makes 14 and Luke's makes up that difference ...

kamikazi_player
04-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Be weird if we were to see him take the Shaq route...Probably will not be credited for championships if he were there anyways.

21_Blessings
04-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Ghey thread

Killakobe81
04-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Let's be real at some point Heat will win and the Bulls are set for a long run ...

In the West (longtrem) only OKC looks like they are set for a potential contender in that "class" ...

He comes to La even with an aging Kobe along with Pau and Odom he would have a great shot at leading a team to a title ...

The Third Man
04-24-2011, 09:31 PM
The Nets, or whatever they will be called after they move to Brooklyn, have assets and cap space to get Howard.

Killakobe81
04-24-2011, 09:34 PM
The Nets, or whatever they will be called after they move to Brooklyn, have assets and cap space to get Howard.

Assets like what? Deron williams? They already traded Favors. sure they have Lopez but I dont believe his salary works ...

again Im not saying Lakers will definitely get him, so relax. But that makes no sense Knicks will have Melo, Amare and very likely Paul or some other top flight PG...why would he go there?

Wilt, Kareem and Shaq all came West ...

Greg Oden
04-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Ghey thread

Dwight Howard is the blink 182 of post-bigmen.

Cane
04-24-2011, 09:36 PM
The Magic should hire Adelman since their offense needs a revamp and I think the core just needs a new voice. Otis and SVG should've been fired already tbh.

Dwight needs to pair up with CP3 or Deron Williams but who knows how difficult that will be in the CBA. The Brooklyn Nets and wherever the Hornets end up are going to be calling. Griffin should join as well :downspin:

JoeTait75
04-24-2011, 09:36 PM
You might as well measure Dewey for a Forum Blue & Gold uniform right now, tbh.

Killakobe81
04-24-2011, 09:37 PM
The Magic should hire Adelman since their offense needs a revamp and I think the core just needs a new voice. Otis and SVG should've been fired already tbh.

Dwight needs to pair up with CP3 or Deron Williams but who knows how difficult that will be in the CBA. The Brooklyn Nets and wherever the Hornets end up are going to be calling.

Hornets? Yeah, right.

Cane
04-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Hornets? Yeah, right.

Only makes sense if it means teaming up with CP3. Maybe the Hornets will be the ones to move to Anaheim as well :downspin:

NewJerSpur
04-24-2011, 09:41 PM
You might as well measure Dewey for a Forum Blue & Gold uniform right now, tbh.

I'd be very disappointed JT.

JoeTait75
04-24-2011, 09:42 PM
I'd be very disappointed JT.

Me too. But that's the NBA. The rich always get richer.

I'm not shedding any crocodile tears for the Magicians, though. Fuck 'em.

baseline bum
04-24-2011, 09:46 PM
why would they take the chance of losing him? If you trade him before he can opt out (2012) you get more out of the deal .. otherwise they are facing a Lebron type scenario. If the new CBA limits contracts that can be signed, even better odds of the Lakers getting him ...because you would need a big salary to absorb that $19 mill. ...how many 19 million players would be on the market? Duncan? No way spurs trade him ...

I am not saying we definitely get him, but I think we have a better chance, than Orlando has of keeping him, but we shall see ...

bynum makes 14 and Luke's makes up that difference ...

So they trade Howard for Bynum who will also walk in 2013? I don't see what the upshot is. No way Bynum agrees to an extension to be shipped out of town.

DMC
04-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Mike D'Antoni

Killakobe81
04-24-2011, 09:53 PM
So they trade Howard for Bynum who will also walk in 2013? I don't see what the upshot is. No way Bynum agrees to an extension to be shipped out of town.

huh? Bynum has a deal with team options the last year ... maybe two. We gave him the garunteed money up front because of his injuries. We have next year to decide if we will exercise the team option IIRC ...

the 2nd best center at a more affordable price is better than him leaving without nothing in return. again I am not saying he is DEFINITELY coming ... just saying ... we know La is a desirable location we have a young big man with tons of potential even though injury prone ...and I doubt if we made that deal, we would be asking for Bynum's blessing ...

baseline bum
04-24-2011, 09:57 PM
huh? Bynum has a deal with team options the last year ... maybe two. We gave him the garunteed money up front because of his injuries. We have next year to decide if we will exercise the team option IIRC ...

the 2nd best center at a more affordable price is better than him leaving without nothing in return. again I am not saying he is DEFINITELY coming ... just saying ... we know La is a desirable location we have a young big man with tons of potential even though injury prone ...and I doubt if we made that deal, we would be asking for Bynum's blessing ...

Bynum has a team option for 2012-13. Howard has a player option for 2012-13. So they're going to rent Bynum for a year and pay the remainder of Luke Walton's contract? Of course LA would need to ask for Bynum's blessing, as no way Orlando trades for him without locking him up to an extension.

Duncan2177
04-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Nope but Bynum, Luke's expiring and two future #1's oughta do it ...

Garbage