PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers series is going 7 games(continued)

Nathan89
04-25-2011, 01:44 AM
The Lakers have once again lost to what is supposed to be the worst team in the Western Conference. Now they have to go back home tied 2-2. They have been in this situation many times before and always found away out. That may be the case again because they are the superior team but this ain't ending in six games. I read "I've seen this movie before" and similar things to this. This movie does not have the same actors.

How many times have the Lakers been in a series when the best player on the court is on the other team? CP3 did absolutely anything he wanted to do tonight. When he is determined it is obvious that the Lakers have zero chance at stopping him. The unfortunate thing for the Lakers is it looks like he is determined and willing to play heavy minutes to beat Lakers.

The aging actor that doesn't know how to play his role. Kobe Bryant is trying to prove that he is still the guy. He has only played well in two of the first four games. The Hornets T.Ariza seems to be a very effective defensive match-up for Kobe. At 6-8 he has the size and length to prevent Kobe from posting up. In game 2 he went 3-10fg. Now in game 4 he went 5-18fg and only allowed Bynum to get 8fga. To make matters worse he had a little injury that may impact the games to come. Point is Kobe is not the actor you have seen in previous movies.

I said in the previous Lakers series is going 7 games thread that Odom was not going to have a great series. That prediction has held true thus far. Odom has only score or rebounded more than his season averages in one game. It is even more evident now that the Hornets have the ability to limit the Lakers 6th man.
10pts 1reb
16pts 7reb
13pts 9reb
6 pts 4reb

Although Bynum has had some decent fg% games he has yet to have a game where he scored big points. This is partly because of Kobe and partly because of the size of NO. Against most teams he would put up a couple of high scoring games that could make all the difference in a series. This is not highly likely in this series. Just more bad news.

Something I didn't think that NO was going to worry about was Ron "the nutcase" Artest, he has played splendid throughout this series. This is great news for the Lakers, but it is definitely a concern when you are depending on Artest to be competitive in a game. What if he doesn't shoot a high percentage next game? This is not an unlikely scenario. An unexpected change like this would be devastating to the Lakers.

The Hornets are tied 2-2 and their best three point shooter has yet to make a solid contribution in the series. Belinelli is getting great looks at the basket yet he continues to miss. It seems the Lakers and their fans are banking on him continuing to miss these shots. This could however very easily change next game allowing the Hornets to take game 5 on the road.

This is a much more competitive series than most realize. The Hornets have great shot at winning the game every time they step on the floor against the Lakers. For people to simply dismiss the Hornets chances is just ridiculous to me.

Good game Hornetsfan and good luck:toast

La Peace
04-25-2011, 01:45 AM
The Spurs series is going 5 games

Venti Quattro
04-25-2011, 02:08 AM
If it's what it takes to advance, we will go to a Game 7.

But I still think LA in 6, as I have predicted in my series-opening thread.

TE
04-25-2011, 02:18 AM
LA still taking this series in six. No need to create a thread in saying otherwise.

Pelicans78
04-25-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm surprised its going more than 5.

tlongII
04-25-2011, 09:06 AM
The Lakers are vulnerable. CP3 is absolutely killing them! If the Hornets can steal game 5 they will win the series.

lefty
04-25-2011, 09:44 AM
We got this

Indazone
04-25-2011, 01:24 PM
and then they will lose to the Stern/NBA favorite Hornets

namlook
04-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Lakers usually deliver the death blow on the road in game 6.

TimmehC
04-25-2011, 04:33 PM

Anything other than than this would be more shocking than what's happened so far, tbh.

namlook
04-30-2011, 09:19 PM

Bump.

Giuseppe
04-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Bump.

Nam, with the goods.

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Bump.

El Oh El