PDA

View Full Version : To ALL Spurs Fans Wanting SPLITTER in the Game

BoneyTee
04-25-2011, 06:48 AM
Look it's been a long time since I posted but all this year I have heard the crying and the screaming about putting in Splitter. Now I agree that Pop has gotten a little tough on the guy. Its easy for all of us " ARM CHAIR COACHES" to say we would play the guy and we would win. Problem is this, we are not at practice so we don't know his Grasp of the system. We see he is SCRAPPY on the defensive end but we need offense to. I think he will be GREAT in year 2 with a FULL training camp and Summer League (well if there is a Summer league:ihit) I want him in the game but its just not gonna happen.
Now my rant is really this. In these playoffs not putting in Splitter is not the reason we are losing...Why? Because our problem is TONY F'N Parker. in three games he is 4-16, 6-14, and 5-14 with a grand total of 17 assists. Now I know I know Tony is not an assist man but we NEED MORE PRODUCTION from the guards to win this series. Hill totally disappeared in game 3. Now I know this post is getting long and boring:sleep but if we get better guard production especially from Parker we will win this series in 6. Gino is the Heart and Soul of this team, but Parker is the Spark that keeps them going. If Parker and Hill don't NUT UP we are out First Round year 2. We Will Do It......We are the MotherF'n SPURS!!!!!!!!!:flag: :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:.....And that's my rant.

Strike
04-25-2011, 07:02 AM
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-03-03/1236049395912.jpg

TampaDude
04-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah...TP has been playing like shit lately...has he been hanging out with Kobe??? :lol

underdawg
04-25-2011, 08:30 AM
I think he will be GREAT in year 2 with a FULL training camp and Summer League (well if there is a Summer league:ihit) I want him in the game but its just not gonna happen.

year 2 probably isn't going to matter - the odds of the big 3 being marginally healthy at the same time again is not good.

Keep telling yourself that if only Parker was better things will be alright - it might be enough to gut out this series, but the Spurs will be in major doodoo for the next round if the level of play all around doesn't step up. Plus, it's basketball - usually taller and longer players have an advantage.

At this point, there is no logical reason for not giving Splitter some minutes. What has Bonner or Blair done in 3 games that's worth Splitter not getting a chance?

underdawg
04-25-2011, 08:53 AM
OP bringing the goods

Tiago worshipers still living in an alternate reality called Splitterbahn

yep and homers still believing that nothing's wrong in down2-1ville, but, but Memphis is the best 8 seed there's ever been

Are you really that confident with our front line against OKC's (if we survive Memphis)?

lefty
04-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Splitter doesn't improve our frontcourt
Bonner does

hater
04-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Splitter = Oberto of 07 at worst.

that is still better than Bonner.

Oh, Gee!!
04-25-2011, 08:59 AM
we rode in on the red rocket, we'll go down in flames on the red rocket

CubanMustGo
04-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Look it's been a long time since I posted

BoneyTee (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=21317)
Believe.

Team: San Antonio Spurs
SpursTalk Cash: $2000
???

underdawg
04-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Splitter doesn't improve our frontcourt

the Earth is flat

sananspursfan21
04-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Believe.

???
http://weichoong.com/movies/posters/Y/You%20Got%20Served.jpg

Josepatches_
04-25-2011, 09:28 AM
But it's true TP is our bigger problem.

I Heart Ginobili
04-25-2011, 09:53 AM
OP bringing the goods

It's the hottest coolest time in Texas! Come play Splitterbahn bahn bahn bahn!

BadOne
04-25-2011, 09:57 AM
http://weichoong.com/movies/posters/Y/You%20Got%20Served.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

biskvito
04-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Talk about a scape goat in Tony Parker... Memphis is playing solid playoff defense. They're denying Spurs 3pt since game 1 meanwhile clogging the paint with bigger and younger bodies. I don't see how you can blame this series on 1 guy.

cheguevara
04-25-2011, 10:20 AM
It's impossible to blame it on 1 guy. 2 guys to blame. Pop + Tony.

spursfanincolorado
04-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Believe.

???

Just because some members lurk and don't regurgitate every thought that goes thru their head and post a thread or reply to one - doesn't mean they can't provide some insight, etc.

Yes, I have few posts since changing accts recently but know just as much about the Spurs and basketball as most...

TJastal
04-25-2011, 12:09 PM
This thread rocks. We must continue to believe in the power of the ginger to carry us through this crisis. Pop made the right decision to sit the offensively challenged Splitter and indulge his ginger fantasy. If anything, he hasn't indulged in it enough, which is the reason the spurs are losing. If the spurs do end up losing, Pop should be praised for his modest usage of the ginger when I'm sure he wanted to fully unleash his creation to the destruction of the rest of the league... Pop has shown his merciful side as it was to the rest of the league and this should not go unnoticed.

easy7
04-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Can't wait for post #2.

jeebus
04-25-2011, 12:48 PM
We need Bonner to shoot his way out of this mess. If Bonner had chucked up 20 3s per game, we'd be up 3-0 on Memphis. OP is right; Bonner spreads the floor and his ass cheeks for the other team.

in2deep
04-25-2011, 01:00 PM
We need Bonner to shoot his way out of this mess.

:lol it would take playoff bonner a 14 game series to shoot his way out of the hole.

IMO it's time to face the music. Playoff Bonner is garbage. Look for plan B.

jeebus
04-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I know, it was tough keeping a straight face while typing that last post. :lol

BRs.Ganso
04-25-2011, 01:09 PM
I Watched Splitter plays for more than 5 years, I know him better than anyone on this forum, and he's not solution, but can increase more defensive consistency for Spurs, he's a real 6'11, against two nice big towers (Memphis) you need height, McDyess is too old (he can't play more than 30 minutes), Blair and Bonner don't have height and defensive skills. I'm not Spur support because the franchise (I just support teams where brazilian people plays) and watching Spurs playing this season, much 3 point shots and not a solid paint, I can say easy, this team will not be champions. Not playing this way. Its more like San Antonio 'Suns' than 'Spurs'. Duncan is not the same from 2002/2003, Parker is not playing well and Ginobili is getting old too, Pop doing wierd choices, so its hard believe in this team.

SenorSpur
04-25-2011, 01:25 PM
So let me get this straight. No one should be concerned that perhaps the team's 2nd best interior defender and rebounder is chained to the bench? A guy who has more experience playing against Gasol, because of their mutual international experience, than any other big on the team? Furthermore, we shouldn't worry about Splitter's absence because he'll be better in Year 2?

I have a question for you. What are you smoking? In case you've not figured this out, this team DOES NOT have next year. They're playing for right now and right now only. There's absolutely no guarantee that Duncan will be back bext year. If he does come back, he's a year older. He can no longer be counted on t be the best the Spurs best frontline player, on both ends of the court, as he has throughout his career. And he shouldn't have to be. That's the real sin of Pop, for not providing him some additional frontline support sooner. If help is indeed there, in the form of Splitter, and if he is indeed the best option, Pop owes it to his aging superstar to play him. Perhaps, Pop should've even considered playing Duncan and Splitter in tandem. After all, THAT was the formula for the championship success the Spurs and Pop have enjoyed. THe Spurs didn't win titles with a lineup that featured a philosophy of outside-in, and beyond-the-arc shooting as the first primary option.

Let's not stop there. Let's look further. Dice will be gone after this year. Manu has sustained yet another injury that has left him hobbled for the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row. Look at how this team has struggled to find offense and how they have declined defensively. Can you not see that the arrow for this team is pointing downward? Need more proof? Did you watch last year's second round playoff series, where the Spurs were swept away by the Suns? Also, look at the composition of this team versus the team they're currently playing (Grizzlies) or even the Thunder, the team they'd have to face if they somehow get past the Grizzlies.

In case no one has figured this out, the cycle for continued championship contention, for this squad, is spiraling down fast, on the backs of their best players. Players whose can only occasionally conjure up command performances, but whose overall skills have noticeably started to slip. It's no one's fault. That's just the cycle of sports.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. At this point, Pop has absolutely nothing to lose by throwing Splitter out there, to help support Duncan. Whatever puts the team in a better position to win should be considered. However, Pop is just too stubborn to think outside the box.

SenorSpur
04-25-2011, 01:28 PM
I Watched Splitter plays for more than 5 years, I know him better than anyone on this forum, and he's not solution, but can increase more defensive consistency for Spurs, he's a real 6'11, against two nice big towers (Memphis) you need height, McDyess is too old (he can't play more than 30 minutes), Blair and Bonner don't have height and defensive skills. I'm not Spur support because the franchise (I just support teams where brazilian people plays) and watching Spurs playing this season, much 3 point shots and not a solid paint, I can say easy, this team will not be champions. Not playing this way. Its more like San Antonio 'Suns' than 'Spurs'. Duncan is not the same from 2002/2003, Parker is not playing well and Ginobili is getting old too, Pop doing wierd choices, so its hard believe in this team.

I respect your take immensely. I agree in that I don't believe or promote Splitter as an answer, but he certainly seems to have enough junk in his game to provide some production on both ends. He fared very well versus Gasol and the Grizzlies in their last regular season meeting, while Duncan was out. If Pop inserts him and he sucks, take him out. THere's nothing to lose with this decision.

Taco
04-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Believe.

???

:lol

Proxy
04-25-2011, 01:38 PM
I respect your take immensely. I agree in that I don't believe or promote Splitter as an answer, but he certainly seems to have enough junk in his game to provide some production on both ends. He fared very well versus Gasol and the Grizzlies in their last regular season meeting, while Duncan was out. If Pop inserts him and he sucks, take him out. THere's nothing to lose with this decision.

+1

Taking a chance on Tiago is a 'nothing to lose, but everything to gain' situation.

That being said, with TP being his regular offensive self, we're up 3-0.

BRs.Ganso
04-25-2011, 01:42 PM

Yes, that's the point.... I read your post last page and agree 100% with. And other point is, Splitter never played with TD, just something like 8 minutes in all season... If Pop had developed his game (something like 20 minutes per game) I don't have questions, he could be a 9-10 points and 8 rebounds per game player. Tiago always was a good defender.

But put him in the game right now, it's take him on fire. People can crucify he. But I think don't have too other ways. The other way is Parker and Ginobili plays like 2007, TD 20/10 (or close) again.

EDITED:

And I'm not talking just about this series, Its for the future too.. I think SA can revert this 1x2. Even playing bad.

silverblk mystix
04-25-2011, 03:49 PM
So let me get this straight. No one should be concerned that perhaps the team's 2nd best interior defender and rebounder is chained to the bench? A guy who has more experience playing against Gasol, because of their mutual international experience, than any other big on the team? Furthermore, we shouldn't worry about Splitter's absence because he'll be better in Year 2?

I have a question for you. What are you smoking? In case you've not figured this out, this team DOES NOT have next year. They're playing for right now and right now only. There's absolutely no guarantee that Duncan will be back bext year. If he does come back, he's a year older. He can no longer be counted on t be the best the Spurs best frontline player, on both ends of the court, as he has throughout his career. And he shouldn't have to be. That's the real sin of Pop, for not providing him some additional frontline support sooner. If help is indeed there, in the form of Splitter, and if he is indeed the best option, Pop owes it to his aging superstar to play him. Perhaps, Pop should've even considered playing Duncan and Splitter in tandem. After all, THAT was the formula for the championship success the Spurs and Pop have enjoyed. THe Spurs didn't win titles with a lineup that featured a philosophy of outside-in, and beyond-the-arc shooting as the first primary option.

Let's not stop there. Let's look further. Dice will be gone after this year. Manu has sustained yet another injury that has left him hobbled for the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row. Look at how this team has struggled to find offense and how they have declined defensively. Can you not see that the arrow for this team is pointing downward? Need more proof? Did you watch last year's second round playoff series, where the Spurs were swept away by the Suns? Also, look at the composition of this team versus the team they're currently playing (Grizzlies) or even the Thunder, the team they'd have to face if they somehow get past the Grizzlies.

In case no one has figured this out, the cycle for continued championship contention, for this squad, is spiraling down fast, on the backs of their best players. Players whose can only occasionally conjure up command performances, but whose overall skills have noticeably started to slip. It's no one's fault. That's just the cycle of sports.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. At this point, Pop has absolutely nothing to lose by throwing Splitter out there, to help support Duncan. Whatever puts the team in a better position to win should be considered. However, Pop is just too stubborn to think outside the box.

This.

It is so fuckin obvious to everyone except the guy that is in charge of the decision....

I want to club a fuckin' baby seal....:bang:bang:bang

First Finley...now this fuckin' abortion of a spur (Bonner)

Hooks
04-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Look it's been a long time since I posted but all this year I have heard the crying and the screaming about putting in Splitter. Now I agree that Pop has gotten a little tough on the guy. Its easy for all of us " ARM CHAIR COACHES" to say we would play the guy and we would win. Problem is this, we are not at practice so we don't know his Grasp of the system. We see he is SCRAPPY on the defensive end but we need offense to. I think he will be GREAT in year 2 with a FULL training camp and Summer League (well if there is a Summer league:ihit) I want him in the game but its just not gonna happen.
Now my rant is really this. In these playoffs not putting in Splitter is not the reason we are losing...Why? Because our problem is TONY F'N Parker. in three games he is 4-16, 6-14, and 5-14 with a grand total of 17 assists. Now I know I know Tony is not an assist man but we NEED MORE PRODUCTION from the guards to win this series. Hill totally disappeared in game 3. Now I know this post is getting long and boring:sleep but if we get better guard production especially from Parker we will win this series in 6. Gino is the Heart and Soul of this team, but Parker is the Spark that keeps them going. If Parker and Hill don't NUT UP we are out First Round year 2. We Will Do It......We are the MotherF'n SPURS!!!!!!!!!:flag: :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:.....And that's my rant.

Tiago would make a HUGE difference, there is a reason Aldridge went 4-10 and 5-12 against the Spurs, Nene had 0 points when Tiago was guarding him, Odom got shut down against Brazil and Chandler picked up 3 quick fouls in 5 minutes. It's because Splitter is a good defender, he doesn't block shots but he's able to stay in front of his man and make them take tough shots. He did pretty damn well against LA as well, he hustled a lot, drew 7 fouls on key players in his limited time, and did a good job rebounding/boxing out for others.

As far as offense goes, Splitter could EASILY be putting up 10pts a game in this series! Why does Splitter have trouble scoring? It's because athletic shot blockers can easily swat his shot due to his low release point, is Z-Bo an athletic shot blocker? NO! Tiago has no problem getting his shot off against him, Sean Elliott said it himself.

OP bringing the goods

Please stop posting, you're a fucking idiot.
-Thanks

kidd_91
04-25-2011, 04:19 PM
at this point it doesn't really matter what we get out of Tiago but why not try. Bonner's not making his shots and gets chased off the 3-pt line when a defender looks his way. So he's not helping spread the floor. Defensively he is killing us, the moment he goes in Memphis starts feeding the ball to whoever he is guarding, and either they score against Bonner (usually a "And1" with Bonner sitting on the floor) or someone ends up with an open shot because the spurs had to play help defense. And yes I understand the argument that is if Parker was bringing his "A" game we would be winning anyway, but point is he isn't. And the argument that we are only losing by a few points so why throw out the whole game plan, well why can't Tiago just maybe get 10 minutes, maybe play a little defense and maybe alter a few shots leading to maybe 3-4 pts less for Memphis and a W for the Spurs. People on this board act like since he isn't going to be the reincarnation of "prime Duncan" he isn't worth playing.

Big Empty
04-25-2011, 05:28 PM

I agree. Give Splitter at least a couple of minutes. Nothing to lose

Big Empty
04-25-2011, 05:30 PM
at this point it doesn't really matter what we get out of Tiago but why not try. Bonner's not making his shots and gets chased off the 3-pt line when a defender looks his way. So he's not helping spread the floor. Defensively he is killing us, the moment he goes in Memphis starts feeding the ball to whoever he is guarding, and either they score against Bonner (usually a "And1" with Bonner sitting on the floor) or someone ends up with an open shot because the spurs had to play help defense. And yes I understand the argument that is if Parker was bringing his "A" game we would be winning anyway, but point is he isn't. And the argument that we are only losing by a few points so why throw out the whole game plan, well why can't Tiago just maybe get 10 minutes, maybe play a little defense and maybe alter a few shots leading to maybe 3-4 pts less for Memphis and a W for the Spurs. People on this board act like since he isn't going to be the reincarnation of "prime Duncan" he isn't worth playing.Agreed!

underdawg
04-25-2011, 05:34 PM
rofl rofl

please don't stop posting. you're a fucking idiot. :lol

chazely - I thought you were going to stop posting on this forum!

I think it's a little extreme to say he couldn't get at least 10 pts - he had 7 pts/5 reb in 15 and 7pts/6 reb in 20 minutes against Memphis the last 2 games (Duncan didn't play one of those.) I'd hope he's improved a little bit since then.

Buit go ahead and call more people an idiot - makes you look real smart there tootz.

underdawg
04-25-2011, 05:43 PM
chazely?

tootz?

who said i was going to stop posting? i get physically ill when not posting

ok

BoneyTee
04-25-2011, 05:59 PM

Nice Comeback Senor Spur:toast...First of all let me clear up something. I WANT Splitter to play. I love his defense, his tenacity, and his scrappiness. I don't love his offense, he is still slow on rotations and just plain looks lost sometimes. Is that POP"S fault...Well Hell Yeah it is. Now I am a Spurs Fan and a REALIST unless Ginobli plays like Jordan, Jefferson plays like Pippen, and Parker grows some nuts THE SPURS WILL NOT GET ANOTHER RING THIS YEAR. I hate to say it but its true. The Spurs need to get DEFENSIVE minded personnell along with the offense. I like Blair but he plays as small as he is. If he learns from Zach and understands how to get the SCRAPPY buckets he is useable. Then there is Jefferson if he drives to the hole, gets lessons from Bowen on playing defense, and shoots the 3 ball better he is useable. This team is missing REBOUNDING, HEIGHT, a DEFENSIVE IDENTITY and FIRE . Maybe Gino needs to go back to the bench, maybe we start Splitter and Tim, hell maybe we should start Anderson or Green over Jefferson...Whatever we do we WILL get through round 1. But 2 and 3 are going to be hell. Memphis is not your typical 8th seed. We all know this. They are playing scrappy defense just like we USED to play. But we CAN and WILL beat them but without PARKER, HILL, and NEAL turning it up. Without SPLITTER and somebody else playing some D and Rebounding well We will have another EARLY fishing trip and we SPURS fans are not ready for that:flag::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

BoneyTee
04-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Believe.

???

WOW Cuban I apologize I forgot that I posted under another Tag please forgive my oversight....:lmao

AlleyOopNazi
04-25-2011, 06:48 PM
hey at least splitter can set a screen, something no one else could do cept duncan to give manu or tony some space on pick and rolls. it is manu's responsibility to wait for the pick too however. Rolling back the game film, execution on offense was very poor. IMO it stemmed from underagressive transition from off the ball players and horrible screens from our bigs inflating the already overhyped defense of the griz

BRs.Ganso
04-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Nice Comeback Senor Spur:toast...First of all let me clear up something. I WANT Splitter to play. I love his defense, his tenacity, and his scrappiness. I don't love his offense, he is still slow on rotations and just plain looks lost sometimes. Is that POP"S fault...Well Hell Yeah it is. Now I am a Spurs Fan and a REALIST unless Ginobli plays like Jordan, Jefferson plays like Pippen, and Parker grows some nuts THE SPURS WILL NOT GET ANOTHER RING THIS YEAR. I hate to say it but its true. The Spurs need to get DEFENSIVE minded personnell along with the offense. I like Blair but he plays as small as he is. If he learns from Zach and understands how to get the SCRAPPY buckets he is useable. Then there is Jefferson if he drives to the hole, gets lessons from Bowen on playing defense, and shoots the 3 ball better he is useable. This team is missing REBOUNDING, HEIGHT, a DEFENSIVE IDENTITY and FIRE . Maybe Gino needs to go back to the bench, maybe we start Splitter and Tim, hell maybe we should start Anderson or Green over Jefferson...Whatever we do we WILL get through round 1. But 2 and 3 are going to be hell. Memphis is not your typical 8th seed. We all know this. They are playing scrappy defense just like we USED to play. But we CAN and WILL beat them but without PARKER, HILL, and NEAL turning it up. Without SPLITTER and somebody else playing some D and Rebounding well We will have another EARLY fishing trip and we SPURS fans are not ready for that:flag::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Agree 100%. Good to see posts like that on this forum. It's important be clear the real situation of this team. BoneyTee and SenorSpur, I have the same ideas. :toast

EVAY
04-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Talk about a scape goat in Tony Parker... Memphis is playing solid playoff defense. They're denying Spurs 3pt since game 1 meanwhile clogging the paint with bigger and younger bodies. I don't see how you can blame this series on 1 guy.

+1,000,000

But...it happens all the time here. Blame one guy. It is too stupid for words, to me. No acknowledgement that the Memphis team has figured out how to defend us well. People would prefer to believe that the highest scoring pts. in the paint point guard in the league has become uncaring or a scrub.

erikuff
04-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Here splitter goes

BoneyTee
04-25-2011, 08:33 PM
+1,000,000

But...it happens all the time here. Blame one guy. It is too stupid for words, to me. No acknowledgement that the Memphis team has figured out how to defend us well. People would prefer to believe that the highest scoring pts. in the paint point guard in the league has become uncaring or a scrub.

Great point Evay but please see my earlier post. I am not blaming Parker for losses but our offense goes how PARKER goes. We need more than one person at a time HOT. Like right now Parker is good offensively but TOO MANY TURN OVERS.:bang.