PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Bonner apologists?

arodz
04-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Ok let’s hear it Bonner fans. Let’s hear from you on what a great three point shooter he is and will prove he can bring it in post season. Come one all you Red Rocket lovers, who get butt hurt when Spurs fans call him out for the suck ass born loser he is. Let the excuses begin.

Jimcs50
04-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Born loser?

:lol

We all only wish we made what he makes per year for playing a bball game for a living.

Come on get real.
:rolleyes

eric365
04-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Bonner is a choker. Especially on the road

But let's not forget he doesn't get the open look he got all regular season long because of the lack of ball movement and guards efficiency in this series

ElNono
04-25-2011, 09:29 AM
9 Shots in 3 games and 33% from downtown, clearly gathering the attention of the Memphis front court who's unable to pack the paint...

He's playing hard and great 'positional defense'... haters are just going to hate...

TJastal
04-25-2011, 09:33 AM
9 Shots in 3 games and 33% from downtown, clearly gathering the attention of the Memphis front court who's unable to pack the paint...

He's playing hard and great 'positional defense'... haters are just going to hate...

Em.. yes without Bonner the paint would be packed and that would stifle all the guard penetration. You cannot win nowadays without a soft ginger shooting power forward to spread the other teams buttcheeks

ElNono
04-25-2011, 09:33 AM
He lead the league in 3 point percentage!!! (Currently ranked #39 in playoff 3-point percentage (http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/3PointS.jsp?league=00&qualified=Y&season=42010))

ElNono
04-25-2011, 09:34 AM
lol at Roger Mason Jr (#32) and Keith Bogans (#35) ranked higher than him in 3 point %... :depressed

Dex
04-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Ironically, Bonner is not the reason the Spurs are losing this series. He hasn't been great, but he hasn't been terrible either. He's been crashing the boards, playing as good of defense as we can hope for out of Matt, and even threw in a couple clutch threes (which were, sadly, wasted). His percentages could be better but did anybody REALLY expect him to shoot 50% in the playoffs?

I would've been the first in line to kick this guy in the playoff balls, but there are other culprits who are expected to do more to point the finger at before Bonner (here's lookin at you, Parker).

ElNono
04-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Ironically, Bonner is not the reason the Spurs are losing this series. He hasn't been great, but he hasn't been terrible either. He's been crashing the boards, playing as good of defense as we can hope for out of Matt, and even through in a couple clutch threes (which were, sadly, wasted).

I would've been the first in line to kick this guy in the playoff balls, but there are other culprits who are expected to do more to point the finger at before Bonner (here's lookin at you, Parker).

I agree... that said, he's getting 20 mpg and really giving us nothing... as somebody else pointed out after Game 3... they were even going at him and being successful... if he's not hitting the 3 ball, he's no better than a paperweight... the games we lost were by 3 points... any little help would have made a big difference to turn those games around...

hater
04-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Ironically, Bonner is not the reason the Spurs are losing this series. He hasn't been great, but he hasn't been terrible either. He's been crashing the boards, playing as good of defense as we can hope for out of Matt, and even threw in a couple clutch threes (which were, sadly, wasted). His percentages could be better but did anybody REALLY expect him to shoot 50% in the playoffs?

I don't know. If we had gotten 1 or 2 stops late in game 1 or 3 we'd be up 2-1 or 3-0. If Bonner had hit close to his league leading average 3pt % we'd also be up in the series.

BadOne
04-25-2011, 09:53 AM
lol at Roger Mason Jr (#32) and Keith Bogans (#35) ranked higher than him in 3 point %... :depressed

Wow, if that ain't a wake up call for Greg...I don't know what is. :lol

Fabbs
04-25-2011, 10:18 AM
He lead the league in 3 point percentage!!! (Currently ranked #39 in playoff 3-point percentage (http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/3PointS.jsp?league=00&qualified=Y&season=42010))
:lol nicely done.
But but but he spreads his cheeks.

lol at Roger Mason Jr (#32) and Keith Bogans (#35) ranked higher than him in 3 point %...

Dex
04-25-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't know. If we had gotten 1 or 2 stops late in game 1 or 3 we'd be up 2-1 or 3-0. If Bonner had hit close to his league leading average 3pt % we'd also be up in the series.

Inclined to agree, but what option do we have?

We already know that Tim and Dice are being pushed about as far as they can be pushed.

Blair needs to put on a freakin' dunce cap before he goes out on the court.

And Splitter's only real glaring advantage is that he is tall. He would offer little on offense, and his length on defense would probably be negated by his lack of understanding. If he gets out of position on defense, then the whole team gets out of position trying to help. People are convinced that Tiago is the answer, but I don't really know if he would fair much better than Bonner out there.

The right answer would be to go back in time, stop Tiago from injuring his hamstring, and force Pop to integrate him in the rotation. Unless you've got a flux capacitor handy, Splitter just isn't ready yet...which means we have to live with the red-haired T-Rex for now. :depressed

I'd love to be proven wrong, but Pop would have to even give him a chance before that would be a possibility.

JR3
04-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Bonner is a sad excuse for a big man. That has always been my position.

TJastal
04-25-2011, 10:57 AM

We already know that Tim and Dice are being pushed about as far as they can be pushed.

And Splitter's only real glaring advantage is that he is tall. He would offer little on offense, and his length on defense would probably be negated by his lack of understanding. If he gets out of position on defense, then the whole team gets out of position trying to help. People are convinced that Tiago is the answer, but I don't really know if he would fair much better than Bonner out there.

The right answer would be to go back in time, stop Tiago from injuring his hamstring, and force Pop to integrate him in the rotation. Unless you've got a flux capacitor handy, Splitter just isn't ready yet...which means we have to live with the red-haired T-Rex for now. :depressed

I'd love to be proven wrong, but Pop would have to even give him a chance before that would be a possibility.

This simply just makes too much sense. Splitter is a liability on offense. You simply cannot win without a ginger who can spread the floor and also make a playoff 33% (uncontested only) 3's. Pop has shown the league that this is the new age blueprint for success in the nba. I would expect nothing less from the coach of the year and certain first ballot HOF (4 titles don't forget).

These other teams need to realize the power of the ginger and get themselves one who can spread the flloor and they too will have the success of Pop. Move over Tyson Chandler, Andrew Bynum, Kendrick Perkins, Marcus Camby... u guys can't score like the ginger. Maybe if you dye your hair red and start shooting the 3 ball and u too may someday be allowed to toady in the great one's shadow.

peacemaker885
04-25-2011, 10:58 AM
If we rest our hopes on Matt Bonner, then I don't think we will win anything. This is a team game. Everyone is playing like crap. Our offseason doesn't start and end with Matt Bonner or Tiago Spiltter. It rests mostly on the big 3.

ManuBalboa
04-25-2011, 10:59 AM
He attended training camp. That in and of itself is MVP-status imfo.

ManuBalboa
04-25-2011, 11:02 AM

Most of us are not saying Tiago is the answer. He is soft. But at least try him out. If you watch the Laker games, Bynum acted as if Bonner was a 3' Hobbit guarding him on the post. Bynum respected Tiago's height and passed it back out more often than not.

Fabbs
04-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Most of us are not saying Tiago is the answer. He is soft. But at least try him out. If you watch the Laker games, Bynum acted as if Bonner was a 3' Hobbit guarding him on the post. Bynum respected Tiago's height and passed it back out more often than not.
But Matty was in the right position and knows from training camp how to stand like a 3' Hobbit and let bigs dominate him.
Stop hayting ManuBalboa.

Mugen
04-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Bonner has played how most people assumed he would. Probably even better than expected. At least better than I expected.

Once again, it's not like Bonner is the one checking himself into games and deciding that he should be out there for 20-25 mins. The dog isn't the problem. It's the dummy holding the leash.

Dex
04-25-2011, 11:24 AM
:lol I'm just telling you why things are the way they are, at least in Pop's reasoning. I'm not saying I like it anymore than the rest of yous.

jeebus
04-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Don't worry, the snowman will be raining down 3's the first 3 months of next season, then the Bonner nut huggers will come out and praise him.

yavozerb
04-25-2011, 11:33 AM
If you people must bitch about bonner to cope with the sub-par play of the entire spurs team then continue...When your done get some popcorn for tonights game and get ready for 25+ minutes bonner tv, :corn:.

mingus
04-25-2011, 11:42 AM
The Red Choker is such a motherfucking pussy. I don't think there's anyone in the NBA that doesn't think he can score on him.

Fabbs
04-25-2011, 11:49 AM
If you people must bitch about bonner to cope with the sub-par play of the entire spurs team then continue...When your done get some popcorn for tonights game and get ready for 25+ minutes bonner tv, :corn:.
I'm getting ready to email the entire list of SA sports media.

baseline bum
04-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Bonner is so bad that I don't think any of us are even disappointed any more by his production.

ChumpDumper
04-25-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm getting ready to email the entire list of SA sports media.How many weeks does it take you to write a one-question email?

ElNono
04-25-2011, 12:01 PM
How many weeks does it take you to write a one-question email?

:lol

rmt
04-25-2011, 12:03 PM

The whole team is already out of position trying to help out Bonner/Blair. Why not try for better man defense (from Splitter) and stop with the doubling/scrambling?

He missed playing in training camp, but he's been there listening/watching/learning. For God's sake, it's just basketball and it's not like he's a real rookie - he's played professionally for years. And even the players who have been in the system are making dumb, bone-headed mistakes, why not at least try him? It's just sheer arrogance from Pop - thinking his system and team defense are the end-all, be-all.

Fabbs
04-25-2011, 12:10 PM
How many weeks does it take you to write a one-question email?
I'm including several questions.

You're still butthurt your suggestion was widely ignored.
As if an on site salaried free seat(s) beat writer shouldn't have asked this starting 3 years ago.

ChumpDumper
04-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm including several questions.

You're still butthurt your suggestion was widely ignored.Um, you're doing exactly what I suggested.

You're just doing it very, very slowly.

Fabbs
04-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Um, you're doing exactly what I suggested.

You're just doing it very, very slowly.
Naw. I'm doing what From Way Downtown provided, that being all the emails.
Yours was just a butthurt.

ChumpDumper
04-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Naw. I'm doing what From Way Downtown provided, that being all the emails.
Yours was just a butthurt.You said you are doing exactly what I suggested using the list FWD gave you.

Except you aren't.

You're whining on a message board.

Again.

Fabbs
04-25-2011, 12:26 PM
You said you are doing exactly what I suggested using the list FWD gave you.

Except you aren't.

Again.
Go for 60K

Hook and released.

TJastal
04-25-2011, 12:28 PM
You said you are doing exactly what I suggested using the list FWD gave you.

Except you aren't.

Again.

Chumpy, don't keep Matty waiting.. he's ready for his morning rub, and he needs his ginger juices flowing for the big game tonight.

ChumpDumper
04-25-2011, 12:28 PM
:cry:How many weeks does it take you to write a five-question email?

ChumpDumper
04-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Latent homosexual expression.