PDA

View Full Version : Are the Spurs moving to the top...

BigJoeD
04-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Of the worst #1 seed list? If they lose to Memphis, where would this rank them? They'd definitely be in Dallas Maverick territory.

The Mavs are trying to be the first team in NBA history to lose in the first round as a 1 ,2 and this year a 3 seed.

GAWD they better win tonight!! :flag:

rascal
04-25-2011, 01:37 PM
They should get past memphis but the Spurs have to be one of the weakest 60+ win teams ever.

BigJoeD
04-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah, its funny because a lot of the rumors have the Grizzles making sure they were the 8th seed. I live in Dallas and there was a BIG stink that the Mavs would tank so they could get the Spurs bracket and not have to face the Lakers, until they got called out by local media. Rick Carlisle had to debunk that talk.

Dex
04-25-2011, 01:59 PM
No, but a lot of fans are moving to the top of the bandwagon list.

Solid D
04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
You can look at it that way....or you can look at it as the Spurs were over-achievers to get to 61 wins and win the West by 4 games. I say over-achievers because nobody seems to believe that the Spurs were winning all those games all year...or at least capable of winning all those games with a relatively small lineup and mediocre defense.

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2011, 02:16 PM
where are these new members all coming from.....

Sean Cagney
04-25-2011, 02:17 PM
You can look at it that way....or you can look at it as the Spurs were over-achievers to get to 61 wins and win the West by 4 games. I say over-achievers because nobody seems to believe that the Spurs were winning all those games all year...or at least capable of winning all those games with a relatively small lineup and mediocre defense.

The crazy thing is they should have won even more than 61 games, if they did not blow the Rockets and Blazers game they win 63 games. I still can't believe they got to 61 wins, they overachieved.

BigJoeD
04-25-2011, 02:58 PM
So is beating the Grizzles in this series an over-achievement then?

DesignatedT
04-25-2011, 02:59 PM

BigJoeD
04-25-2011, 03:03 PM

So its only OK to sing their praises but not to criticize them? :bang

Dex
04-25-2011, 03:12 PM
So its only OK to sing their praises but not to criticize them? :bang

Criticizing the team, and assuming they are on their way to losing the series just because they are down 2-1, are two different things in my opinion.

And we've always got 4>0™, so you can bite your tongue before you put us in the same category as the Mavericks.

BigJoeD
04-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Criticizing the team, and assuming they are on their way to losing the series just because they are down 2-1, are two different things in my opinion.

And we've always got 4>0™, so you can bite your tongue before you put us in the same category as the Mavericks.

Did I say we were? I was asking if we were moving towards that.

BigJoeD
04-25-2011, 09:25 PM
I guess I'll resurrect this thread ugggggg!!

BigJoeD
04-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Not only did they beat SA for their first win now they are going to win the series as an 8th seed. Please kill me now!!

polandprzem
04-25-2011, 09:33 PM
spurs basketball now is the worst I've seen

Warriors played of the charts. Memphis is playing normal playoff ball and spurs are total collapse

haha we needed to make more shots

gmafb

BigJoeD
04-25-2011, 09:45 PM
I'd rather see them end their season in Memphis if it comes to that. Hopefully they can get a W at home on Wednesday.

BigJoeD
04-30-2011, 01:59 PM
I now rank this loss worst in Spurs history. Not only do we lose to an 8 seed but lose to a team that's never even won a damn game. F u Pop for fucking up this series with your gawd dammed hard headedness!! Why the fuck do u get a guy to not fucking use. You need a refresher course in matchups!!!

BigJoeD
04-30-2011, 02:03 PM

:nope I take no pleasure in this. Where do u rank em now Dex?

BoneyTee
04-30-2011, 02:25 PM
I now rank this loss worst in Spurs history. Not only do we lose to an 8 seed but lose to a team that's never even won a damn game. F u Pop for fucking up this series with your gawd dammed hard headedness!! Why the fuck do u get a guy to not fucking use. You need a refresher course in matchups!!!
First of all let's all get this straight...The Grizzlies were FAR from a typical 8th seed. If you look at the numbers after the trade the Grizzlies exploded. Look we PLAYED horrible and you can blame POP for alot of it, but Tony, Manu, Blair, Hill they all played horrible to. But come on the Grizzlies were to BIG inside and played Stifling defense. We basically got beat by a CARBON Copy of typical Spurs team. I commend POP on having the Balls to change his playbook for this team. Now hopefully the front office will understand we need a DEFENSE minded team and give him the money he needs. HA HA yeah right that'll never happen:lmao
:flag::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::flag: