PDA

View Full Version : Motorcyclist crushed between cars (Video)

IronMaxipad
04-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Getting rear-ended is usually a minor annoyance in a car, but on a motorcycle it's a worst-case scenario. Still, it could have ended much worse for this Texas man nearly crushed between two cars on a Dallas freeway. Amazingly, he survived.

According to one report, 25-year-old Zacharie Perez suffered a ruptured spleen, torn muscles, a fractured rib and four fractured vertebrae and may need surgery to repair a hernia, after his Triumph Daytona 675 was rammed by a driver with no licence and no insurance. Apparently the driver behind him never even hit his brakes.

Ultimately, Perez was lucky; being tossed into the next lane, instead of getting fully sandwiched between the two cars, saved his life.

VIDEO HERE (http://jalopnik.com/#!5795399/chilling-video-shows-motorcyclist-crushed-between-cars)

Bukefal
04-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Ouch.

Luck he still lives though

pawe
04-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Idiot driver who rear ended him was probably texting.

Greg Oden
04-25-2011, 10:40 PM
lol stretch

rr2418
04-25-2011, 10:51 PM

Or talking on his "cell phone"!!

ynh
04-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Never understood why I will get pulled over in a truck for not wearing a seat belt but the guy on a motorcycle is fine riding around in jeans and a t-shirt without a helmet.

Wild Cobra
04-26-2011, 01:52 AM
He was definitely following too close and should go to jail in my opinion. That was not the two second rule.

Jimcs50
04-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Glad the guy in Jeep was paying attention and did not run into him on the ground.

People on motorcycles on freeways are living on the edge. There is no way today that I trust idiots in cars to keep an eye out for motorcycles.

stretch
04-26-2011, 12:42 PM
The biker was kinda dumb for staying in that lane as well. Can't trust other drivers. He easily could have gotten out of the lane and either went on the thin strip of service road, or gotten out of the lane enough to his right so that he could be out of the way of possible harm.

stretch
04-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Never understood why I will get pulled over in a truck for not wearing a seat belt but the guy on a motorcycle is fine riding around in jeans and a t-shirt without a helmet.

likewise. makes no sense to me

BlackSwordsMan
04-26-2011, 01:21 PM
yes a helmet would have helped in this situation

Viva Las Espuelas
04-26-2011, 01:31 PM
He definitely sharted.

ferg
04-28-2011, 06:56 AM
He definitely sharted.

:lmao

RandomGuy
04-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Glad the guy in Jeep was paying attention and did not run into him on the ground.

People on motorcycles on freeways are living on the edge. There is no way today that I trust idiots in cars to keep an eye out for motorcycles.

There is no way today that I trust motorcycle riders to act responsibly.

I generally assume they will do something stupid and reckless until proven otherwise.

Stringer_Bell
04-30-2011, 12:48 AM
He definitely sharted.

Yea, once that spleen ruptured he prolly pissed and shat himself in pain. Cheers to the EMTs that had to clean him up.

Nbadan
04-30-2011, 02:32 PM
He still had the presence of mind to get out of two lanes of traffic.....amazing...

fraga
04-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Damn dirty illegal immigrants...

DMC
04-30-2011, 03:26 PM
I would like to have seen more video to see if the guy was weaving in and out of traffic. Every day it seems some asshole on a bike is weaving all over the place like cars are traffic cones. They ask us to look out for them but they need to obey traffic laws and use some goddamn common sense. This guy might not have done anything, not sure if the smoke in the video was from his rear tire or the bike itself, but I've had similar situations where bikes have severely shortened my stopping distance, and I was pulling a boat. They just dart over and stop.

Generally though, you see the Harley riders in groups and they are much more conscious of what's going on around them. They signal turns and they have patterns they follow. They won't let cars divide the group. These lone bikes out there are at death's door.

In stop and go traffic, rear ends happen all the time. A bike that gets rear ended is fucked.

SanAntonioHeat
04-30-2011, 08:22 PM
ouch

Lebowski Brickowski
04-30-2011, 08:56 PM
a Dallas freeway
/thread