PDA

View Full Version : Pop is stupid

timvp
04-25-2011, 08:28 PM
for playing Duncan and Splitter together in the regular season for 25 minutes.

STUPID.

No excuses.

Seriously.

1Parker1
04-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Hindsight is 20/20.

2nd half he has started Splitter and Duncan. Let's hope they don't make us feel dumb for wishing this....

Stump
04-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Hindsight is 20/20.
We've been complaining about this all season.

Nathan89
04-25-2011, 08:36 PM
He should be fired. Fucked us on our last chance.

timvp
04-25-2011, 08:37 PM
The playoffs are a great time to bust out new lineups

:cuss

Rummpd
04-25-2011, 08:37 PM
So far no good due to 2-3 bad calls + bad play

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2011, 08:46 PM
He's in full on panic mode tonight.

DNP for Blair, Splitter in the rotation. Bonner/Splitter playing hi-lo.

Splitter on the court with Manu, but running pick and roll with Hill and Bonner :lol

lefty
04-25-2011, 08:47 PM
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4793/pophobo.jpg

ALVAREZ6
04-25-2011, 08:49 PM

STUPID.

No excuses.

Seriously.

Exactly. Good to know timvp thinks this way. He is a stubborn piece of fucking shit.

Das Texan
04-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Pop has single handedly fucked this team in the 2010-2011 season.

Someone needs to put him out to pasture.

Whisky Dog
04-25-2011, 09:02 PM
How did a guy who orchestrated 4 championship teams fall so far as to fuck this up? It was obvious all season we needed size along wit TD. We knew it was coming in the playoffs. Pop has coached more playoff NBA basketball than 99.9% of coaches. He knows this is what happens. How did he go into a playoff series with Bonner, Blair, and Dice as the only developed big man options? It's inexcusable and now we're on the cusp of the biggest embarrassment in the history of Sputs basketball. 61 wins and a #1 to get worked by the 8 seed who had never won a playoff game in it's franchise history. Mother of god

leemajors
04-25-2011, 09:26 PM
How did a guy who orchestrated 4 championship teams fall so far as to fuck this up? It was obvious all season we needed size along wit TD. We knew it was coming in the playoffs. Pop has coached more playoff NBA basketball than 99.9% of coaches. He knows this is what happens. How did he go into a playoff series with Bonner, Blair, and Dice as the only developed big man options? It's inexcusable and now we're on the cusp of the biggest embarrassment in the history of Sputs basketball. 61 wins and a #1 to get worked by the 8 seed who had never won a playoff game in it's franchise history. Mother of god

Game changed, and he turned into Don Nelson

jag
04-25-2011, 09:27 PM

STUPID.

No excuses.

Seriously.

I know you've been playing the straight man to all this Splitter nonsense. But thank you for finally saying it.

Mugen
04-25-2011, 09:34 PM
PopFan just killed themselves. You were their last hope timvp.

Sad fucking day.

jag
04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
How can Pop expect anything from a guy he has refused to develop. Down 2-1 on the road, during the playoffs is not the time to start trying out new lineups. This whole thing is embarrassing.

ChumpDumper
04-25-2011, 09:36 PM
2nd half he has started Splitter and Duncan. Let's hope they don't make us feel dumb for wishing this....Ouch.

DPG21920
04-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Ouch.

:rolleyes

jag
04-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Ouch.

Because the lineups in the other three games have produced better results minus Splitter...

gameFACE
04-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Pop and RC have failed in putting a real contending team for Duncan's twilight years. FAILED!! Two first round exits in the last four years. This is worse than .04. At least those were a current and a former championship team.

FUCK YOU!

NASpurs
04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Corporate knowledge got you what most likely seems a first round exit.

SA210
04-25-2011, 09:47 PM

STUPID.

No excuses.

Seriously.

Borosai
04-25-2011, 09:48 PM
2009 was frustrating.
2010 was comically embarrassing.
2011 is really disgusting at this point.

Every year is worse. Nothing is fixed. The system is broken.

jaffies
04-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Good to know timvp thinks this way. He is a stubborn piece of fucking shit.
I think he's alright.

I met him once.

jag
04-25-2011, 09:51 PM
I get that it's Chumpdumper's schtick to shit on lineup suggestions, but at this point I'm not sure how he can pretend like Splitter wasn't a better option than Blair going into this series.

Dex
04-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Pop just gave Splitter the new rookie treatment.

Yank their limited minutes around during the season, then throw them in the ocean in the playoffs when you are facing a 2-game deficit.

Hill and Blair should've given Splitter the heads up.

Mugen
04-25-2011, 09:54 PM
I get that it's Chumpdumper's schtick to shit on lineup suggestions, but at this point I'm not sure how he can pretend like Splitter wasn't a better option than Blair going into this series.

He just feels betrayed because Pop finally checked his inbox.

Knoxxx
04-25-2011, 09:55 PM
All I can figure is Pop got spooked when Pau Gasol poned Splitter last time we played the Lakers. That was just a bad matchup, PG is a full 2 inches taller than Tiago and expert at using his length to get shots over smaller players.

ElNono
04-25-2011, 09:59 PM
lol 85 games to prepare, and pulling this shit now...

jag
04-25-2011, 10:00 PM
He just feels betrayed because Pop finally checked his inbox.

It's his thing, I get it. I hate conspiracy theorists and Spurstalk coaches just as much as he does, but Pop's lineups tonight are very telling when it comes to his poor decision making during the playoffs thus far. Some people refuse to see it, some people have been determined to play the straight man... and it's ridiculous.

celldweller
04-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Pop should of been fired after he gave Bonner a 4 year contract this past summer.

polandprzem
04-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Green was there

They played almost every possession on him

Pop wanted the kid to gets going cause he will use him in game 5

All in all pop got nothing and and a new collapse
There were LA collapses, phoenix one, Dallas, now Memphis

Really I've expected in december that Splitter gonna play and Anderson as well gona break the rotation.

After that LA crucial loss and the spurs play after that I was worrying more and more

Now it's over and we all know it. There is nothing the spurs can change to reverse the series.

Oklahoma prob gonna slap Memphis 4-1. That's spurs run.

Stupid season

DAF86
04-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Line-up: Tony, Manu, RJ, Dice, Tim.
Bench: Hill, Neal, Bonner, Splitter.

-Play the big three as much as possible.
-Ride whoever is hotter from Neal, Hill or RJ.
-Show pride.

Let's win the next one.

redskinfan
04-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Game changed, and he turned into Don Nelson

Bingo! As soon as Pop started the hack a shaq a couple years back I told my son the same thing I said "Oh no he is turning into Don Nelson"!

pjjrfan
04-25-2011, 10:28 PM

STUPID.

No excuses.

Seriously.

Absolutely right. Tiago started out pretty good, then he got hurt and Pop had a cow. WTF,, Pop's failure to integrate this guy into a rotation pretty much sealed the Spurs fate, and then once he sat Blair he was stuck with the Bonner Blair fiasco, but then Tim got hurt and he had a chance to right his mistake, and Tiago played well enough to earn him some play when Tim came back but no Pop left him on the bench. Hindsight is 20-20, but POp was reaching for straws and using Tiago was proof, and my guess he used Tiago just to say, see I told you so.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2011, 10:32 PM
It's his thing, I get it. I hate conspiracy theorists and Spurstalk coaches just as much as he does, but Pop's lineups tonight are very telling when it comes to his poor decision making during the playoffs thus far. Some people refuse to see it, some people have been determined to play the straight man... and it's ridiculous.

Poor decision making? What you saw tonight was Pop in full on panic.

Of course, some of us called this a while ago. It's like a sad, psychedelic, Larry Brown and Don Nelson infused coaching implosion.

jag
04-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Poor decision making? What you saw tonight was Pop in full on panic.

Of course, some of us called this a while ago. It's like a sad, psychedelic, Larry Brown and Don Nelson infused coaching implosion.

His lineups tonight showed he had given up on relying on Blair. He knew it after game one but stuck with it out of stubbornness. It was tough to watch because the Spurs were capable of competing much better than this.

All in all, hats off to Memphis. They played the kind of defense I've wished the Spurs could all season. They wanted it much more than the vets on the other end.

DMC
04-25-2011, 11:05 PM
A series win means nothing to SA. It means everything to the Grizz. The Spurs would not be successful unless they won it all. That's not going to happen, never was. The Grizz probably feel like this is their finals. I expect them to probably lose the next series in 5 or less because emotionally they will be spent. SA got by Dallas last year by Hill shooting 3s, then were swept by the fucking Suns. What do they have now they didn't have then? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2011, 11:08 PM
A series win means nothing to SA. It means everything to the Grizz. The Spurs would not be successful unless they won it all. That's not going to happen, never was. The Grizz probably feel like this is their finals. I expect them to probably lose the next series in 5 or less because emotionally they will be spent. SA got by Dallas last year by Hill shooting 3s, then were swept by the fucking Suns. What do they have now they didn't have then? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Grizz will get smoked next series because OKC is damn good, not because they're spent emotionally.

Obstructed_View
04-25-2011, 11:11 PM
I don't think Blair's done for the playoffs, but I think he's done for this series. That only makes sense.

TDfan2007
04-25-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't think Blair's done for the playoffs, but I think he's done for this series. That only makes sense.

i.e. he's probably done for the playoffs. It will take nothing short of a miracle for the Spurs to win game 6 in Memphis.

Obstructed_View
04-25-2011, 11:16 PM
i.e. he's probably done for the playoffs. It will take nothing short of a miracle for the Spurs to win game 6 in Memphis.

I disagree. Not shooting yourself in the foot isn't exactly a tall order for this team.

GSH
04-25-2011, 11:43 PM
The Spurs won a lot of games with the same starting lineup this year, and Blair looked like he was growing into the role. But he came back from the All-Star game with an attitude. Then when Pop dropped him out of the starting lineup, he copped an even worse attitude.

It was bad enough that Splitter didn't get any court time before that. But when Blair started going to hell, I thought he had to get Splitter in there for insurance. But he didn't. And that's really when things started going south for this team. They had problems with the pre-All Star Blair on the floor. But without him, and without Splitter, they are just too small.

And you're right, he needed some floor time with Tim. The two of them together might have been able to do some damage. And having Tim there might have kept him from getting exposed while he got comfortable with everyone. Honestly, I would almost feel better if he had just stuck to his guns and kept Splitter on the bench tonight. Trying to work him in during the playoffs just adds insult to injury. You can't expect Tiago to be totally in sync, after watching the whole season from the bench.

crc21209
04-25-2011, 11:46 PM
It seems the only guy Tiago has chemistry with from the starting 5 is Manu.....

mavsfan1000
04-25-2011, 11:47 PM
lol Meltdown time.

4>0rings
04-25-2011, 11:49 PM
:lmao Nah brah, he knows everything

4>0rings
04-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Fuck this fucking asshole, stick a 7' stiff at Duncans side you pimple face bitch.

bluefoot
04-26-2011, 12:00 AM
It was great to watch Pop eat his stubbornness and basically admit a bunch on message board fans were right all along. I haven't been able to stomach Pop for awhile so it was funny to see him beat Stan Van Gundy in a master of panic match.

It's now obvious to even the blind mice that just because you win 4 championships doesn't mean you still know what you're doing. Pop made Erik Spoelstra look one cool cucumber tonight.

Pop's idiocy aside, the Spurs weren't going anywhere this postseason. Pop didn't keep them from a championship, he just kept them from losing to OKC. The Spurs have lost the past four offseasons because the front office never gave their aging core a chance. I don't know how the Spurs managed to hoist 61 wins but they were never that good. Perfect example of regular season champs.

Cessation
04-26-2011, 12:06 AM
It was obvious from the star of season, bonner/blair isn't gonna fly in the playoffs. Bonner shooting 27% from 3 in the series. At start of the season spurs actually had a good frontline potentially, but pop chose to invest his time into these two scrubs. At least it was funny to see pop melting down, realizing his mistake, did he honestly not see all this?

duncan228
04-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Memphis Grizzlies 104, San Antonio Spurs 86: Witnessing the unexpected (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/memphis-grizzlies-104-san-antonio-spurs-86-witnessing-the-unexpected)
by Graydon Gordian
48 Minutes of Hell

The San Antonio Spurs are a deeply misunderstood team. Over the last few years, people have referred to them as a “tough out,” a euphemistic term for a team past its championship potential but still capable of taking down a mightier foe. In reality, once they met the better team, the Spurs were sent packing in a prompt and tidy manner. They lost in five to Los Angeles, five to Dallas, and four to Phoenix.

People have often said they are a tough out, but the resignation with which they’ve packed their bags suggests otherwise.

Tonight’s 104-86 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies was different. The Spurs weren’t resigned, at least not for most of the game. People will point to Gregg Popovich’s willingness to sit the starters halfway through the fourth and, with wide, incredulous eyes, ask why the Hell the Spurs wouldn’t keep fighting. But the truth is, they did keep fighting. But they were caught in the undertow. The harder they fought to reach shore, the more tired they grew, as did the distance between them and the shore.

The Spurs lost, but they didn’t quit. They mentally collapsed. And that collapse may have started at the very top.

The Spurs have lost — and quit — plenty of times. They’ve genuinely collapsed few times, if at all. And I’m not sure I’ve ever even thought the fourth of those statements.

But the truth is, I believe the reason the Spurs are losing this series is because Gregg Popovich has been outcoached.

Keep reading... (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/memphis-grizzlies-104-san-antonio-spurs-86-witnessing-the-unexpected)

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/memphis-grizzlies-104-san-antonio-spurs-86-witnessing-the-unexpected

ALVAREZ6
04-26-2011, 12:22 AM
I think he's alright.

I met him once.

I hope you knew I was speaking about Pop.

stealthjbravo
04-26-2011, 12:23 AM
I hope he is retired Wednesday night

ALVAREZ6
04-26-2011, 12:25 AM

So the Grizz are going to do something simply because another team did it once last year?

4>0rings
04-26-2011, 12:28 AM
This same oreo loved the Bonner signing and porbably still secretly loves Pop. BURN!