PDA

View Full Version : Since the NBA forum is slightly less biased...

LnGrrrR
04-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Are the Spurs choking in the 3rd quarter, or is the officiating one-sided?

I'd ask upstairs, but half the Spurfans up there think there's a conspiracy going on right now.

lefty
04-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Are the Spurs choking in the 3rd quarter, or is the officiating one-sided?

I'd ask upstairs, but half the Spurfans up there think there's a conspiracy going on right now.
Both

Muser
04-25-2011, 08:46 PM
There isn't a word to describe how badly the Spurs are playing.

21_Blessings
Memphis has the better team. It's pretty obvious.

benefactor
Lot's of ticky tack fouls...but the Spurs aren't doing themselves any favors either.

lefty
04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
There isn't a word to describe how badly the Spurs are playing.
Your sig :lol :tu

badfish22
04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Spurs are the #1 seed. I have been assured by many a spurfan over the last 4 years that they cannot possibly lose to a 8th seed, only the Mavs can do that. Everything will be OK, spurfan.

LnGrrrR
04-25-2011, 08:50 PM
I tell you what, it's amazing how quickly Spurfan writes off their team. I can't tell you the amount of "Good year Tim Duncan" "Happy retirement big fella" etc etc posts there are. Last I checked, this wasn't an elimination game. Sure, 3-1 means the odds are against you, but it's not impossible.

Heck, if Red Sox can win in 2004, and the Bruins can LOSE a 3-0 series lead, up 3-0 in the elimination game before losing, ANY team can make a comeback.

lefty
04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
I tell you what, it's amazing how quickly Spurfan writes off their team. I can't tell you the amount of "Good year Tim Duncan" "Happy retirement big fella" etc etc posts there are. Last I checked, this wasn't an elimination game. Sure, 3-1 means the odds are against you, but it's not impossible.

Heck, if Red Sox can win in 2004, and the Bruins can LOSE a 3-0 series lead, up 3-0 in the elimination game before losing, ANY team can make a comeback.
Dude

Those 2004 BoSox and 2010 Bruins were unique

In their own respective ways

21_Blessings
04-25-2011, 08:53 PM

Duncan is 35 and his cock stopped working years ago. San Antonio is through.

Nathan89
04-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Refs suck.

Nathan89
04-25-2011, 08:56 PM
and were choking.

Isitjustme?
04-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Duncan is 35 and his cock stopped working years ago. San Antonio is through.
:lmao:lmaoHow would you know?:lmao:lmao

Greg Oden
04-25-2011, 08:57 PM
spurfans are contemplating ending their lives in the chatroom.

Reck
04-25-2011, 08:59 PM

You also have to play really really really well and out of your mind.

Spurs aren't doing shit.

I'm not quite sure if the Spurs aren't the 8th seed and Memphis is the 1 seed in this series.

21_Blessings
04-25-2011, 09:00 PM
:lmao Darrel Arthur is now shitting on the spurs. Product of the Gasol trade

Isitjustme?
:lmao Darrel Arthur is now shitting on your team. Product of the Gasol trade

How well does his cock work? :lmao

LnGrrrR
Dude

Those 2004 BoSox and 2010 Bruins were unique

In their own respective ways

I won't deny that the Idiots were definitely pretty special, and amazingly fearless. They refused to recognize the Curse moreso than any other team, and Big Papi brought us back from the brink twice.

The Bruins were somewhat unique, but losing both Sturm and Krejci to injuries in the series is what really killed us, especially Krejci.

Regardless, any team that comes back from a deficit will have some sort of "uniqueness" to them. No team that comes back from a 3-1/3-0 deficit will be considered "just another" team.

symple19
04-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Gimmick teams, like what the Spurs are this year (3pt shooting), always get exposed at some point. I still marvel at how they won enough games to get the 1 seed.

cue the oop by the Grizz

it's ovah

LnGrrrR
04-25-2011, 09:05 PM
You also have to play really really really well and out of your mind.

Spurs aren't doing shit.

And guess what was being written about Boston after Game 3? They tried hard, but they didn't have what it takes to beat the mighty Yankees.

Then after Game 4, guess what they wrote? "Red Sox avoided the sweep in a memorable game from Big Papi, but no team has ever come back from being down 3-0, etc etc"

Then after Game 5, people started to believe. 3-2, with Schilling on the mound, and his bloody sock. Could he pull it out?

My point is, one game can change the storyline of a series. Most people probably wrote off the Lakers last year in Game 6, then Perkins goes down, we can't rebound for anything in the last two games, and Lakers take the title.

Heck, I thought we had it when we were up by double digits in Game 7. But things can always turn around, for better or worse.

Darthkiller
04-25-2011, 09:06 PM
the grizzlies are just playing way harder than the spurs right now. the spurs look like they just want to go home

LnGrrrR
04-25-2011, 09:07 PM
That said, THIS game is certainly near over. :lol

Reck
04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
They'll always pick the Yankees over Red Sox.

Anyways, these are two different games. You cant compare apples to oranges.

Spurs are old, cant run, cant defend, cant do anything.

How are you going to win when you cant do anything right?

LnGrrrR
04-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Spurs are old, cant run, cant defend, cant do anything.

How are you going to win when you cant do anything right?

If the Spurs ARE old, can't run, can't defend, etc etc, then they're done. But they are a 60 win team, I'm not sure all that is true. Of course, playoff basketball is different, but I think the Spurs have more than enough capabilities to beat the Grizzlies. Whether they can will it, is up to them.

Nathan89
04-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Game changed when the refs started to fuck us in the ass. The refs were bad in the first half but took it to another level in the third. Confidence builds when you feel like you are playing 8on5. The Spurs felt they were playing against the world and they couldn't handle it.

Lakersfan know nothing about the type of reffing that just happened to the Spurs. So shut the fuck up bastards.

TE
04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Both. But a good team plays through that and doesn't give up.

NRHector
04-25-2011, 09:47 PM
the whole game was biased

picc84
04-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Spur fans conceding the series to an 8-seed down 3-1 is one of the most pathetic things i've witnessed at spurstalk. Especially with how cocky these motherfuckers have been.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised, some of these assholes were ready to throw in the towel by halftime of game 3.

SomeCallMeTim
04-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Tonight's game was clearly rigged against San Antonio, they stood no chance. Didn't everyone notice how thousands of people cheered wildly everytime the Spurs made a mistake or the Grizzlies made that orange ball go through the ring?

How is anyone supposed to accomplish difficult athletic feats with such distractions going on? :(

lefty
04-25-2011, 10:31 PM
http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/9c615cedbd7e9ab9f2a254d0fd1dc1ad69c4ff8.gif

siraulo23
04-25-2011, 10:39 PM
If the lakers didnt have the 0-5 late in the regular season, spurs wouldnt be joining the "No.1 seed losing to No.8" club

Darrin
04-25-2011, 10:42 PM

I've been in this situation as a fan, and I wrote off the Pistons in 2003. I was elated when I was wrong. I believe I started a post on a Pistons site saying something to the effect "this is really how this is going to end? We're going to lose in the first round?" I'll tell you, the Rick Carlisle is fired rumors started after game 4 and he was fired. It's only happened 9 times that someone has come back from 3-1. I think that's the number now. It's hard to maintain hope in the face of those odds. On the reverse side, I celebrated and allowed myself to believe the Pistons could win the Championship in '04 after they had the Lakers down 3-1. I thought it was only a matter of time. It's just a lot of long odds.

The Spurs just aren't playing good basketball right now. Now, they could turn it on, but judging by what has happened so far in this series, the Spurs look like they should be beat.

v2freak
04-25-2011, 10:43 PM
How many Lakers fans actually watched the game tonight?

Whatever you answer will pretty much be a lose-lose. Either your obsession with the Spurs has hit an all-time high, or you are talking out of your ass

SomeCallMeTim
04-25-2011, 10:46 PM
If the lakers didnt have the 0-5 late in the regular season, spurs wouldnt be joining the "No.1 seed losing to No.8" club

Somehow I knew the Spur meltdown would be the LA's fault.

"And we would've gotten away with it, too, if wasn't for you meddlin' Lakers!"

jag
04-25-2011, 10:58 PM
lol any Spurs fan who blames the refs. You are truly retarded and have no cock or balls.

Venti Quattro
04-25-2011, 10:58 PM
How many Lakers fans actually watched the game tonight?

I didn't.

Harry Callahan
04-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Memphis got a good bit of home cooking tonight, but the third quarter was a disgraceful performance by SA.

The SA guards kept going into the lane and getting hit with no whistle while MEMPHIS got some really ticky tack fouls and were in the penalty three minutes into the third quarter. However, the Spurs played that disasterous first five minutes of the third quarter like they didn't even care. That contributed greatly to the foul calls or non-calls.

This collapse was in a lot of ways self inflicted.

mystargtr34
04-25-2011, 11:35 PM

Trolling aside.. this is pretty accurate. Memphis is built for the playoffs... Spurs are built for the regular season.. having a team of role players works well in the regular season because the opposition has limited time to scout and prepare a gameplan.. therefore the role players have some freedom to play to their strengths.

In the playoffs unfortunately... the opposition has time to put in a gameplan against every player and take away the strengths of the role players... and 90% of role players dont have a secondary weapon to adjust.. hence why they are role players. Guys like Matt Bonner.. George Hill.. Gary Neal.. DeJuan Blair.. Richard Jefferson are all one dimensional (maybe 1 and a half in some cases like George Hill) have had their strengths taken away and they just cant do anything.

Role players are obviously important... but 1) they have to have heart and a mean streak to succeed in the playoffs and 2) if your going to win a championship you have to have star power.. something the Spurs simply dont have.

Jelloisjigglin
04-25-2011, 11:40 PM
I saw most of the game and outside of some weak calls against the Spurs at the beginning of the 3rd, it seemed to be pretty evenly called.

The better team won regardless though.

Tinystarz
04-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Some weak calls against the spurs. But in a blow out...does it really matter?

ALVAREZ6
04-26-2011, 01:11 AM

If you watched the whole series, you'd write these pussies off too. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, team just has no heart and balls anymore. RJ/GHill-syndrome has infected the Spurs, and it has spread to the big 3.

NewJerSpur
04-26-2011, 01:17 AM
Spurs are the #1 seed. I have been assured by many a spurfan over the last 4 years that they cannot possibly lose to a 8th seed, only the Mavs can do that. Everything will be OK, spurfan.

Series not over but anything's possible.

There's only 3 things certain in life:

1) Death
2) Taxes
3) Tim Duncan winning any and everytime he gets to the Finals

To LG's original question, I'm with Lefty's response: BOTH

Xylus
04-26-2011, 05:52 AM
Suns-Lakers, 2006 1st round.

Get it done, Spurs!

TE
04-26-2011, 06:16 AM
Suns-Lakers, 2006 1st round.

Get it done, Spurs!

Phoenix fan encouraging a Spur fan base?

Just when you think you've seen everything.

Cessation
04-26-2011, 07:57 AM
It didn't have much to do with the refs, memphis too fast, athletic, and tough. Spurs just gave up in the third when they got into a double digit hole. When your centerpiece on offence is bonner spreading the floor, then you're already at a dissadvantage, especially in the playoffs.

Bito Corleone
04-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Spur fans conceding the series to an 8-seed down 3-1 is one of the most pathetic things i've witnessed at spurstalk. Especially with how cocky these motherfuckers have been.
I'll say that plenty of the GNSFs that forget their place and wonder away from their room upstairs are cocky and retarded, but which objective Spurs fans (that spend most of their time down here) have really been cocky for the last month or so? I don't exactly think any of us fans saw this team being bad enough to lose to Memphis in the 1st round, but anyone who wasn't blinded by an early peak was fairly pessimistic about the Spurs chances since the all-star break.

And why wouldn't many of those fans feel like they should concede the series at this point. They are down 3-1 and have been outplayed in every game, even the one the Spurs ended up winning. Memphis looks like the better team. They have played better defense, executed better on offense, and are playing with much more heart. Memphis deserves to win this series more than the Spurs deserve to win one more game. Here's to an early vacation to the Spurs :toast

hater
04-26-2011, 10:09 AM

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2011, 10:54 AM
If the Spur players showed me that they still believe than I would believe. As a fan, I have no problem losing to the better team. But seeing them quit out there in the 2nd half was just disgusting. From the coach all the way down to Danny Green.

I knew things were bad when the Spurs were shooting 57% and only up two at halftime.

I just wanna see this team put everything out on the floor, and if we still lose game 5 then so be it. It's the the way the Spurs lost that pisses me off the most. At least the first 3 games were mostly decided by one posession.

Maybe Pop playing Splitter was his way of saying goodbye to the fans, who knows.