PDA

View Full Version : Manu just proved the Spurs quit.

Brutalis
04-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Battier nails a 3 and our most fierce competitor doesn't even bother to at least run at him or put his hands up.

Manu turned around and took one step and watched.

This just put the stamp on the Spurs, this season, and ultimately this playoffs.

I could careless if we won by 50 in game 5 at home. We will not win 3 in a row without some kind of defense that's at least average.

For the first time in my lifetime the Spurs have quit on me. And I suppose I have to take a step back and question why I am rooting for them when our playoff veteran, 61 win team quits without even a fight.

It's a truly sad day to be a Spurs fan.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
He's out there with Danny freakin' Green while Tim and Tony were on the bench. Even Manu said F it, can't blame him.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2011, 09:24 PM
watch?v=pudOFG5X6uA

Brutalis
04-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Manu never quits.... never.......... and he quit...

I have been a fan of the Spurs ever since I knew what basketball was.. and I've never seen them so out of it... and just fucking quit.

I am truly beside myself as a fan. I'm glad I am 26 now and now 18, otherwise this shit would have me destroying my keyboard. Geez.

lurker
04-25-2011, 09:31 PM
It's hard not to quit when everyone around you has.

KaiRMD1
04-25-2011, 09:34 PM
That actually broke my heart. I'm truly ashamed to be a Spurs fan.

pjjrfan
04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Game 4 2001 against the Lakers it was like a30 pt blowout that mercifully ended a sweep by the Lakers, that game it was our guards who overmatched, this series it's been our bigs but it ain't over until it over, These guys have had a great ruln, Tim, Tony and Manu, it had to end, the supporting cast isn't strong enough and Manu and Tim just lost thier legs. Tony, I don't know what happened.

alchemist
04-25-2011, 09:36 PM
entire team folded in the 2nd half, the refs took over to start the 3rd and these guys never recovered. 5 point game (61-66).......tp to rj TO.........game fucking over.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Hope this thread isnt another attempt to put the blame on Manu...

pjjrfan
04-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Ashamed, get real, everything ends, my wife said that the record was done with mirrors, our guys played hard, they just haven't been good enough against this team. It happens. I am proud that these guys were able to do a good job on the season, and I'll support them till the end.

Brutalis
04-25-2011, 09:39 PM
True alchemist. I felt perhaps some magic was brewing... turned out to be a nasty fart.

I'll never be ashamed to be a Spurs fan. But I have never been so disappointed. Not even after the game 7 WCF in 2008. Not even the .4 second shot Fisher hit, that later the NBA sent us an "i'm sorry that should not have happened" letter for.

I hope the Spurs pay attention, and Pop just looks at them and doesn't say a word until the first timeout of game 5. The Spurs need to look around and read up, and maybe it'll truly set in with them what exactly they have gotten themselves into.

spurtech09
04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Battier nails a 3 and our most fierce competitor doesn't even bother to at least run at him or put his hands up.

Manu turned around and took one step and watched.

This just put the stamp on the Spurs, this season, and ultimately this playoffs.

I could careless if we won by 50 in game 5 at home. We will not win 3 in a row without some kind of defense that's at least average.

For the first time in my lifetime the Spurs have quit on me. And I suppose I have to take a step back and question why I am rooting for them when our playoff veteran, 61 win team quits without even a fight.

It's a truly sad day to be a Spurs fan.
I would quit too when the refs are screwing you.....started 3rd quarter with ticky tacks fouls grizz got the lead and everything went downhill from there....regardless you can't win.....beat by the ref die by the ref

tmtcsc
Manu is a warrior but he quit on the play. He's also smart. The game was over and his team quit on him. I got nothing but love for Manu...No matter what. He doesn't deserve to be surrounded by a bunch of losers.

Mugen
Pop quit way before Manu did.

Blue-Lightning
I think Manu has stood as much as he can of what happened. Can you imagine being the Spurs' only good thing in the game, with one arm, and sitting on the bench to start the fourth?

I wouldn't be surprised if he finally says something. It's time. I'm sorry, but I have never seen a coach kill a team this badly. I'm not trying to be mean, but maybe there's something mentally wrong with Popovich.

timtonymanu
04-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Manu and Tim were the only ones playing like champs all 3 games. Tony decided to show up too late. But I'm with Manu. When your whole team is surrounded by soft pussies, there's no point in killing your body over it.

Libri
04-25-2011, 09:42 PM
He's out there with Danny freakin' Green while Tim and Tony were on the bench. Even Manu said F it, can't blame him.

This.

ALVAREZ6
04-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Pretty sure the rest of the team quit on the team way before Manu did.

jbspurs
04-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Got it down to 5, Then Pop pulled Ginobili, the player who was leading the comeback. :depressed

Brutalis
04-25-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't care if Manu is playing with McDonald's High School All-Americans. You don't quit.

There is never an excuse to quit. NEVER. And anyone who says there is must have a lot of experience with either quitting or being a fucking loser.

Chomag
04-25-2011, 09:49 PM
IT's time that one of the big three has to step in pop's face and question him and the team. Spurs need this kind of leader right now.

jbspurs
04-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I think Manu has stood as much as he can of what happened. Can you imagine being the Spurs' only good thing in the game, with one arm, and sitting on the bench to start the fourth?

I wouldn't be surprised if he finally says something. It's time. I'm sorry, but I have never seen a coach kill a team this badly. I'm not trying to be mean, but maybe there's something mentally wrong with Popovich.

:pop: I think you're right!!

SA210
04-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Pop quit way before Manu did.

Russ
04-25-2011, 09:55 PM
For the first time in my lifetime the Spurs have quit on me.

How old are you? Nine?

The Spurs quit in '01 vs. the Lakers.

It happens. Don't be too hard on them, they had a tremendous run.

You coulda been a Knicks fan. :)

TMTTRIO
04-25-2011, 10:01 PM
his poor little boys had to be tortured to watch it too I see

http://plixi.com/p/95996383

edgar
04-25-2011, 10:01 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178076

TDfan2007
04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
The defense that led to Battier's 3 was even more disappointing tbh. Our guys came out in the 2nd half and played some of the most uninspired D you'll ever see.

ElNono
04-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Got it down to 5, Then Pop pulled Ginobili, the player who was leading the comeback. :depressed

mVp
04-25-2011, 10:06 PM
It's hard not to quit when everyone around you has.

Exactly... Manu didn't deserve this shit, if only we had a couple more guys with Manu's heart :depressed