PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Ideas, anyone?

bena91489
04-25-2011, 09:25 PM
This season was one to remember but it lead to a playoff series to forget. Time to, I really hate to admit this but, LOOK TO THE FUTURE.

Things that need to happen:
1) pop needs to go back to being "old pop" and stress defense more than anything

2) Mcdyess needs to retire

3) Bonner needs to be traded so that POP isnt tempted to play him

4) Duncan needs to do nothing but work with developing Splitter and Blair

5) possibly some trades to get bigger at SF and SG

This team needs to start a rebuilding process before its too late and we turn into a team that doesn't make the playoffs for another 10 years

:flag::flag::flag:

Caeman
04-25-2011, 09:28 PM
How about get a new team? the league is rigged and this team has pussy written all of it. This isn't Spurs' basketball; f*ck rooting for this team.

polandprzem
04-25-2011, 09:29 PM
rebuliding with old core :lol

Mal
04-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Duncan must gain some muscles if he wants to compete ever again. Chubby Gasol is like a wall to him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Pop ain't ever gonna change. Either he goes, or you'll be treated to veterans over youth and talent again next year when it matters in the postseason.

BackHome
I agree Dice is done and Bonner has shown that he can be relied to NOT show up to the big dance when needed. You can also put in Hill he is a nice bench player but he is not a starter and he to has shown that he can't show up when realy needed.

Every team is getting bigger and having Parker, Neal, and Hill all shorter then 6'4 has killed us from a defense liability.

I hope we can package Bonner, Hill, and get someone good I still would love to get Scola I love his heart and the dude never gives up. We also need a a decent backup PG who can play defense.

20beastie45
Duncan opt out his contract and retire or sign for less to get some help that is worth 18 million a year.....Duncan is playing like a 8 million dollar player....then again everyone is...

Holt need to put pressure on R.C. and POP. How can they not know what wins games/series in the playoffs. It is really laughable. What even worse is that not one team respected or feared us.

Quiet Strength
04-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Pop ain't ever gonna change. Either he goes, or you'll be treated to veterans over youth and talent again next year when it matters in the postseason.

Yup. Pop has to go.

20beastie45
04-25-2011, 09:34 PM
I want a Batume, G Wallace, Rudy Gay, Granger,....someone that is 6'9' and moves like a guard

benefactor
04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Get ready...this team is headed towards Utah Jazz territory. But hey, at least we got some hardware along the way.

Libri
04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Bonner needs to be traded so that POP isnt tempted to play him

Uhm, Pop has a say whether he's traded or not. :lol

Chachachango
04-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Well, first, is there going to be a lockout?

Capt Bringdown
04-25-2011, 09:37 PM
If I were Duncan, I would consider retiring, although it's hard to say no to millions.

But I always admire a dude like Doctor J, who stepped away with his skills somewhat intact (Almost 17 pts a game in his final year).

It was so sad to see Hakeem look like a pathetic oaf in his final years, I hate to see Duncan go out that way.

We're going to have to get a lot worse before we can get better, let the re-building begin!

Spurs Brazil
04-25-2011, 09:39 PM
1 - Extend Bonner

2 - Extend RJ

Oh wait, they already done that :(

Caeman
What? I thought you were asking about offseason ideas for fans. Get a new a team because this league is rigged and this team is pussy, and I don't root for that shit. Go Bulls or Mavs (fuck the Blazers).

EIC
Easier to count the things to keep:

1) Neal
2) Splitter
3) Duncan (if he doesn't retire)
4) Ginobili
5) Hill
6) James Anderson

Everyone else---most especially Bonner, Jefferson, and Pop---can and should go.

Holden_Caulfield
04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
the lockout should last 10+ years...

peskypesky
04-25-2011, 09:42 PM
If I were Duncan, I would consider retiring, although it's hard to say no to millions.

But I always admire a dude like Doctor J, who stepped away with his skills somewhat intact (Almost 17 pts a game in his final year).

It was so sad to see Hakeem look like a pathetic oaf in his final years, I hate to see Duncan go out that way.

We're going to have to get a lot worse before we can get better, let the re-building begin!

i agree. i think Duncan should retire. go out with some respect.

xellos88330
04-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Spurs need quite a few things.

1. Trade Blair
2. Trade Bonner
3. Get a 7ft 250 lb center who can defend and rebound ABOVE the rim, along with a PF who can do the same.
4. Draft SF (not an undersized imitation) who can create his own shot and pass in traffic.
5. Physical defensive guard or SF. Hill was thought to be a great defender, but can't even guard Vasquez.
6. Coach a winning basketball style.

Doe
04-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Hill needs to go. I've tried to make excuses for his sucking in big games but I've run out. Looks like he had a wrap around his vagina at the end of the game, so I'm guessing he got injured at some point.

I wonder if it's not just best for TD to retire and let the tank fest begin.

El Wray
04-25-2011, 10:02 PM
1. Trade Blair
2. Get rid of Bonner
3. Find someone who wants RJ
4. Tell Pop he needs to get his shit together.
5. Grab a legit SF in either the draft or from another team
I still want Jackson back and would kill for Aldridge but that might just be me.

Mal
04-25-2011, 10:07 PM
6. Coach a winning basketball style.

This bullshit basketball with up-tempo plays is not Pop style. Team with Duncan on HoF mode was elite defensive team with great HCO. They where cold blood mofos. Pop just tried to get best style for this group of guys he has, and failed in postseason, when old Spurs` b-ball was the answer. That`s all.

SA210
04-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Pop has to go, and he should have been fired a few years ago. We need to get back to defense first.

Chomag
04-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Who is going to want our overpaid trash like RJ and Bonner? Spurs are going to have to at least part with 1 of the big 3 if they want to get any kind of difference maker in return.

Warlord23
04-25-2011, 10:17 PM
They basically need to start over.

1. Scout for young, athletic talent - especially size in the frontcourt
2. Develop aforementioned talent patiently by playing them over vets even if it means not making the playoffs
3. Do NOT sign any more washed-up vets
4. Slowly but surely get rid of all the pieces who are on this team solely due to "corporate knowledge" and "veteran savvy"
5. Hope Duncan opts out and signs a smaller contract

ElNono
04-25-2011, 10:20 PM
I agree we're heading into late Jerry Sloan/Stockton/Malone territory... just gonna have to Neal with it...

spurtech09
04-25-2011, 10:23 PM
This season was one to remember but it lead to a playoff series to forget. Time to, I really hate to admit this but, LOOK TO THE FUTURE.

Things that need to happen:
1) pop needs to go back to being "old pop" and stress defense more than anything

2) Mcdyess needs to retire

3) Bonner needs to be traded so that POP isnt tempted to play him

4) Duncan needs to do nothing but work with developing Splitter and Blair

5) possibly some trades to get bigger at SF and SG

This team needs to start a rebuilding process before its too late and we turn into a team that doesn't make the playoffs for another 10 years

:flag::flag::flag:well I say spurs need to get a big that can take over for tim cause its clear hes not the same duncan...duncan would be a great back-up....so if it means trading blair,rf,and bonner to get a vet im all for it...plus a pg ....also spurs needs some tough guys....spurs only tough guy is manu....spurs have weak players....

baseline bum
04-25-2011, 10:25 PM
God I wish Philly didn't already have Evan Turner and Lou Williams, as I'd really love to pry Thaddeus Young from them with Manu.

realtimmyfan
04-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Get D-Howard!!!!!

SouthTexasRancher
04-25-2011, 10:33 PM
The SA Spurettes have become pansy assed, sissified girlieboyz. They show no heart. There are no guts shown by the Spurettes so there will not be any glory. Coach Popette has become so weak and hardheaded that he is falling behind many of the newer and younger coaches. Even though the Spurettes had a pretty good thing going in the regular season we all knew they would get their girlieboy asses kicked up one side and back down the other with small ball shooting from Moscow, Russia. What were Popette and RCette thinking when they brought in this midget team? Don't they realize pro basketball is a tall man's game and you gotta be rough n' tough and athletic. Popette treats young big men as though they have a deadly contagious disease. This is a sad and pathetic end to the Spurs dynasty. It is time for Timmy to retire with some dignity left so some can remember how great he used to be. This year every big man in the league had a career night against Timmy. It is also time for the Spurettes to trade Tony, Matt, RJ, Blair, Splitter and Anderson while they can still get something (3rd team player from the D-League) in return and retire Dice also. Keep Hill, Neal and Manu. Start building for 2025. :ihit:ihit Pop needs to either quit being so damn hardheaded or retire his ass as well.
Damn bunch of panzie asses. F*ing embarrASSing!!! :hang

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2011, 10:34 PM
What needs to happen:

1. Get rid of Pop
2. Get rid of RJ
3. Get rid of Blair
4. Get rid of Bonner
5. Dice retires
6. Find a true SF, and a backup for them

What will happen:

1. Dice retires
2. Splitter traded
3. Draft some talent, stash it in Europe
4. Watch the Spurs rely on youth and talent to get them to the offseason with a top four seed, then Pop goes to the 'veteran corporate knowledge' in the postseason, and the sun finally sets on the Tim Duncan era with another embarrassing out.