PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs Quit

MannyIsGod
04-25-2011, 09:31 PM
This is the most frustrating aspect of the game. To just see this veteran squad completely fold and absolutely give up. Give credit to Memphis, but how can a team that is allegedly going to compete for a title give up when you're in facing that kind of a hole?

I'm especially pissed at George Hill after he called out fake fans. Its one thing to play bad. I can't fault players who give it their all and just come up short.

Its a whole different situation to quit. Spurs fans have every right to be pissed after they quit.

Quit is probably the worst word in sports. And now it can be associated with the 2010-11 Spurs.

DPG21920
04-25-2011, 09:33 PM
At least when Lebron quits, he gets a triple double.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2011, 09:34 PM

:lol

DPG21920
Manny, as an aside, why do my posts make you mad?

Spurs7794
This team has always had a tendency to quit since Tim Duncan joined the team...just usually not in this big of a game. They always played that one bitch ass game every series...but it was usually the game where they just didnt bring the energy. Not in a game where they absolutely needed to play their hardest. This game was humiliating.

John Basedow
04-25-2011, 09:35 PM

:rollin

Scrah I will Fedex you some benzodiazepines...first shipment is free of charge

KaiRMD1
04-25-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm not even gonna bother watching game 5. I bet Duncan, Parker and Ginobili won't even suit up.

Marcus Bryant
They mailed in the first 5 min of the 3rd and allowed Memphis to take control of the game. Very disappointing.

That's what Pop gets for attempting to build a contender on a top offense.

MannyIsGod

And its different for a guy like Lebron to quit. He's not a champion, for one. He's not a veteran of the same caliber as this team. The only fire shown tonight was by AD when he threw his mouthpiece.

Never thought they would just pack it in like that. Maybe its harder to get that fire after the fourth ring but if you don't have the fire then just pack it up and go home. If you're going to put that uniform on then play your heart out.

mFFL03
http://acidcow.com/pics/20110425/disturbing_silicone_03.jpg

ElNono
04-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Every time we made a run, coach went to the bench... lol depth

MannyIsGod
04-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Manny, as an aside, why do my posts make you mad?

You basically were felating the Griz at points in the game blog and even if it may be the truth it puts me on tilt. You're one of my favorite posters now because you're so even handed but at times in the game blog if you were near me I might punch you.

timtonymanu
04-25-2011, 09:39 PM
So sickening that we went from role players like Bowen, Horry, Barry, Finley, Kerr, Elliott, Jackson, Oberto to some soft pussies like RJ, Hill, Bonner, Blair.

ManuBalboa
It'll be funny if there is a lockout next year. Enjoy the rest Spurs. Rest Up. Get that rest in. Limit those reg. season minutes, but rest up. Take a load off. Gotta play smart and rest up.

LnGrrrR

:lmao

DPG21920
04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
And its different for a guy like Lebron to quit. He's not a champion, for one. He's not a veteran of the same caliber as this team. The only fire shown tonight was by AD when he threw his mouthpiece.

Never thought they would just pack it in like that. Maybe its harder to get that fire after the fourth ring but if you don't have the fire then just pack it up and go home. If you're going to put that uniform on then play your heart out.

Lebron is the best player in the NBA. He couldn't be a champion in CLE, neither would Tim.

I don't think Lebron quit. You can't quit and get a triple double :lol

But, ya, it's shocking. I know it's so fresh, but I really can't remember the chips right now. All I remember is this.

It's not about fire IMO. It's about talent and legs and heart. RJ doesn't deserve to ever ring and that's what it's about.

Brutalis
04-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Spurs.

Quit.

Doesn't seem real to me. Never seen them quit before. Makes me question things that should be set in stone by now.

The players need to take a hard look at themselves and ask if they really want to be remembered this way.

DPG21920
04-25-2011, 09:42 PM
You basically were felating the Griz at points in the game blog and even if it may be the truth it puts me on tilt. You're one of my favorite posters now because you're so even handed but at times in the game blog if you were near me I might punch you.

:lol The thing is, I find myself enjoying the games more when I don't analyze it so much, but I can't help it because I love talking about it.

I am not negative at all. I yell and scream at the tv in a good way, but on here, when I'm talking about it, I just call it as I see it.

DPG21920
04-25-2011, 09:42 PM
:rollin

Scrah I will Fedex you some benzodiazepines...first shipment is free of charge

Ya, this sucks, but it's not over officially yet.

Death In June
04-25-2011, 09:43 PM
It'll be funny if there is a lockout next year. Enjoy the rest Spurs. Rest Up. Get that rest in. Limit those reg. season minutes, but rest up. Take a load off. Gotta play smart and rest up.Parker only member of the big three to break 30 minutes. Pretty genius of pop to save them for their next three elimination games.

MannyIsGod
04-25-2011, 09:43 PM
When a team quits its about fire. The Spurs don't have any less talent than Memphis, but they might be a worse team simply because the Grizz are more hungry.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2011, 09:44 PM
I felt like a time machine had taken me back to May 2001.

No Spurs game has been more depressing to me since Game 3 of the 2001 West Finals.

None.

I'll be fascinated to see what we get from the Spurs on Wednesday night -- do they want to go back to Memphis, or do they want to save themselves the flight and get it over with here?

MannyIsGod
:lol The thing is, I find myself enjoying the games more when I don't analyze it so much, but I can't help it because I love talking about it.

I am not negative at all. I yell and scream at the tv in a good way, but on here, when I'm talking about it, I just call it as I see it.

Its not that your negative. Its that your posts come across to me in this monotone voice where you're saying "WOW - the grizlies are good - WOW". Just makes me want to punch you.

I think for game 5 I'll put a"DPG" paper taped to a pillow.

TE
So sickening that we went from role players like Bowen, Horry, Barry, Finley, Kerr, Elliott, Jackson, Oberto to some soft pussies like RJ, Hill, Bonner, Blair.

John Basedow
04-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Ya, this sucks, but it's not over officially yet.

I agree, however if Parker's renewed shooting touch and a good lift from Splitter aren't enough to stem the tide, then things look pretty grim. I hope they make it interesting...all they gotta do is win Game 6. Game 5 is a given.

MannyIsGod
04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Nothing is a given, IMO.

John Basedow
04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
I felt like a time machine had taken me back to May 2001.

No Spurs game has been more depressing to me since Game 3 of the 2001 West Finals.

None.

I'll be fascinated to see what we get from the Spurs on Wednesday night -- do they want to go back to Memphis, or do they want to save themselves the flight and get it over with here?

Good times:toast

Obstructed_View
04-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Yep, at least they have a chance. If they go with more Duncan and Splitter, they have a better shot than ever of blowing this team out four straight times. They've done something right in every game, now it's a matter of putting it together.

The quitting bothers me immensely though. Getting blown out in the third quarter? Haven't seen that from the Spurs since last year.

MannyIsGod
04-25-2011, 09:47 PM
In fact I don't see how I can expect a team that quit on a winable game to win game 5. If they quit in game 4 how much can I really expect from them in game 5?

ALVAREZ6
04-25-2011, 09:51 PM
The start of the 3rd did it. They came out like a bunch of pieces of shit, and it didn't help that the refs were calling absolute bullshit. They simply can't contain the Grizzlies for a whole game.

The worst part is, a lot of these runs are started by some of the worst off-ball defense I have ever seen from an NBA team. SOOOOOOO many spurs players would fall asleep on their man and I don't get how they didn't learn. I hated it, I could barely watch.

CROFL #1 Seeds

ALVAREZ6
04-25-2011, 09:53 PM
In fact I don't see how I can expect a team that quit on a winable game to win game 5. If they quit in game 4 how much can I really expect from them in game 5?

Zero. There is no doubt about it, even if they somehow manage to not be complete vaginas for an entire game and win game 5, they are still bound to catch a series of really tough defense and offensive droughts while falling asleep on defense, in which case this team CRUMBLES.

It's over. I'd love you pussies to prove me wrong, but it's over Spurs. Prove me wrong, I dare you.

MannyIsGod
04-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Its not even the start of the 3rd. I thought that was due to a bad lineup, shitty calls, and missed shots.

Its more about the fourth where Manu can't be bothered to close out or where we area allowing Kareem Abul JaAruthur destroy us on dunks and wide open jumpers. That was shit.

beachwood
04-25-2011, 09:55 PM
We got our asses kicked. Plain and simple. Think about it: do you really think RJ, Bonner, Hill and Blair/Splitter are going propel this team to a championship?

The big 3 can only do so much. The Grizz role players demolished ours. That was the game.

Man In Black
04-25-2011, 09:58 PM
If this was hockey, I'd say the Spurs can easily come back and win this series and go on a huge run. But this ain't hockey.

DPG21920
04-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Its not that your negative. Its that your posts come across to me in this monotone voice where you're saying "WOW - the grizlies are good - WOW". Just makes me want to punch you.

I think for game 5 I'll put a"DPG" paper taped to a pillow.

When I'm saying it in my head, it is pretty even toned. If you make it a body pillow, it will be like a life size replica of my body and you can even do body blows.

Nothing is a given, IMO.

Yup.

Crookshanks
04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
I'm so frustrated right now and have no outlet to get rid of the anger. I'm so pissed at the Spurs right now. This was a must-win game, and they played like it was November game against the Timberwolves.

I'd like to punch Coach Pop for his damn stupid stubborness and for allowing this team to play crappy defense all season. And I'd like to slap Tony Parker for his stupid antics off the court that caused his divorce - his mind hasn't been completely on his game since all the Eva crap hit the fan.

SenorSpur
04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
The Spurs insulted themselves and their fans by quitting.

Pop pissed all over himself and the Spurs title chances by going away from a proven formula that produced 4 titles and instead adopting a perimeter-oriented, run-oriented style that has never produced a championship for anyone. All the while, sacrificing their vaunted lockdown defense, in the process.