PDA

View Full Version : Should Duncan opt out of his final year and.......

20beastie45
04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Not opt out?

Retire?

Opt out and sign for less money?

Daddy
04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Tim has earned the right to do whatever he wants.

I miss him.

Mal
04-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Not a good time for this bullshit

20beastie45
04-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Retire?

Not opt out?

Opt out and sign for less money(like D Rob)?

ManuBalboa
04-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Duncan made the Spurs. He can do whatever he wants even though he is basically done.

peskypesky
retire

mexicanjunior
Opt out and win another ring with a contender...would love to see him finish his career with another championship but that is an impossibility here...

alchemist
04-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Not a good time for this bullshit
the team looks defeated, haven't seen this since the "0.4" game. it's the perfect time to talk about this.

Mal
04-25-2011, 09:53 PM
the team looks defeated, haven't seen this since the "0.4" game. it's the perfect time to talk about this.

I think we/they should wait until after elimination and their vacation.

alchemist
04-25-2011, 10:05 PM
I think we/they should wait until after elimination and their vacation.
I'd like to join you there on the positive attitude but these guys are done. This topic has to come up sooner or later, but I think it should include another person. What happens with Dice?

Spur-Addict
04-25-2011, 10:06 PM
What the hell is wrong with you people? This thread is ridiculous.

DPG21920
04-25-2011, 10:06 PM
I hope Tim stays and finishes here. But it's up to him and I would never be mad unless he went to LA or Dallas.

But I hope he stays and the Spurs don't fall off into to Detroitville.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Opt out, sign for about half of what he's making, and go get some more help*

*Someone over 30 who can score, so Pop will "trust" their corporate knowledge/veteran savvy come playoff time.

007nites
04-25-2011, 10:10 PM
I think Tim should join up with the Celtics. Him and KG would make wonderful front court. He had a great run here but I still think that he deserves another championship.

SenorSpur
04-25-2011, 10:10 PM
He should retire, but the Spurs should quietly give him so "go away" money.

20beastie45
04-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Opt out, sign for about half of what he's making, and go get some more help*

*Someone over 30 who can score, so Pop will "trust" their corporate knowledge/veteran savvy come playoff time.

This is the answer I went with....He can still play...He just can't SCORE!!!!

20beastie45
04-25-2011, 10:13 PM
What the hell is wrong with you people? This thread is ridiculous.

Not really!!!

There are actually only 7 teams in the NBA who rallied from 3-1 to win a playoff series. They are the Boston Celtics (1968), Los Angeles Lakers (1970), Washington Bullets (1979), Boston Celtics (1981), Houston Rockets (1995), Miami Heat (1997), Detroit Pistons (2003) and the Phoenix Suns (2006). So Mathematically only 23.33% of all NBA teams won an NBA playoff trailing from 3-1.

ABrooks111
04-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Opt out and win another ring with a contender...would love to see him finish his career with another championship but that is an impossibility here...

If I see him in anything but a Spurs jersey I might just give up on hoops.

stealthjbravo
04-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Opt out and retire hopefully

J_Paco
04-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Timmy can do whatever he fucking pleases, but I'd prefer that he opt out of his contract. He shouldn't retire just because playing two on one against the second best PF-C combo has gassed him. He needs more fucking help and the front-office (Popovich and Buford) haven't provided that.

Look who Garnett has had with him in Boston - Perkins, Jermaine O'Neal, Shaquille O'Neal, Glen Davis, Leon Powe and P.J. Brown - and we know what L.A. has upfront. But, what has Timmy had for the past 4 years since '07? Fucking Matt Bonner, DeJuan Blair, Kurt Thomas, Pops Mensh-Bonsu, Anthony Tolliver, Antonio McDyess (unused) Tiago Splitter and (unused) Ian Mahimi. That shit doesn't add up to the Spurs winning more championships.

Harry Callahan
04-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Timmy can do whatever he fucking pleases, but I'd prefer that he opt out of his contract. He shouldn't retire just because playing two on one against the second best PF-C combo has gassed him. He needs more fucking help and the front-office (Popovich and Buford) haven't provided that. Look who Garnett has had with him in Boston - Perkins, Jermaine O'Neal, Shaquille O'Neal, Glen Davis, Leon Powe and P.J. Brown - and we know what L.A. has upfront. But, what has Timmy had for the past 4 years since '07? Fucking Matt Bonner, DeJuan Blair, Kurt Thomas, Pops Mensh-Bonsu, Anthony Tolliver, Antonio McDyess (unused) Tiago Splitter and (unused) Ian Mahimi. That shit doesn't add up to the Spurs winning more championships.

The FO has had no cap room and no draft picks to bring in superior talent. Don't give me Boston - they were gifted Garnett and Ray Allen and that franchise did nothing from 1997 to 2007.

Duncan got old - its just not that complicated people.

realtimmyfan
04-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Opt out and go to Miami

TampaDude
04-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Retire.

Sigz
04-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Tim needs to retire.

It's not being mean or even being an ass-hole... it's the truth.

He turned 35 today and looked over 40. He can't get it done against any legit men with size.

It's hard for people to understand this since he's been the face of the franchise for such a long time, along with being a consistent player.

But he doesn't have "it" anymore; he doesn't have much of anything.

He's slow, has no vertical ability, can't create offense, and looks like complete crap on offense.

It's time to take old yeller out back.

cheney212
04-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Tim duncan did everything for this franchise, he can do whatever. I just wish he didnt age so fast =[

Chomag
04-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Not sure for Timmy, but I sure wish Pop would consider this proposal.

DMC
04-25-2011, 10:57 PM
How can he opt out and not opt out? Just because you had a thought doesn't mean you need to start a thread about it. At least get your thought right and then maybe put it in a thread that already exists.

Tim would only opt out if he blamed anyone but himself for the loss.

J_Paco
04-25-2011, 11:11 PM
The FO has had no cap room and no draft picks to bring in superior talent. Don't give me Boston - they were gifted Garnett and Ray Allen and that franchise did nothing from 1997 to 2007.

We all knew he was going to get old. That happens to every single player in every sport. Don't give me the cap room bullshit excuse, because Boston was able to bring in Shaq, Jermaine and P.J. Brown with limited resources. The Spurs owned the rights to Luis Scola, but traded them to rid themselves of Jackie Butler's contract. They pissed away a draft pick with Ian, who they never even bothered to truly develop, and wasted their first season with Splitter under contract. There you have three young big men that could have helped Timmy, but circumstances created by Pop and the front-office led to that not happening. Instead, we got Bonner/Blair and two straight early exits.

Note: I love DeJuan's game, but his many flaws have been exposed for the second straight post-season. He needs to lock himself in a gym this summer and work on his jumpshot, plus some face-up moves. He's never going to be a quality defender yet he also shouldn't be so porous especially against an unathletic player like Randolph. He should never be on the floor without a 6'11'' or taller player beside him.

Marcus Bryant
04-25-2011, 11:15 PM
I fuckign hate Spurs fans.

20beastie45
04-25-2011, 11:16 PM

If Duncan opts out we will have some flexibility to bring in a all star player to "Help" Duncan win another.

He needs help banging with the "Big Boys"