PDA

View Full Version : scoring...

drebly032
06-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Who thinks that there will not be a player that scores over 40 points? I was kind of surprised when i was reading the predictions thread and many people kept saying Manu would score 40. These are 2 very defensive team and im finding it hard to say someone will even score close to this. Probably one game Duncan will have like 32 or something but i just dont see someone scoring 40 in one game. Certainly no one on our team will...

Sense
06-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Who thinks that there will not be a player that scores over 40 points? I was kind of surprised when i was reading the predictions thread and many people kept saying Manu would score 40. These are 2 very defensive team and im finding it hard to say someone will even score close to this. Probably one game Duncan will have like 32 or something but i just dont see someone scoring 40 in one game. Certainly no one on our team will...

Tim and Manu...and almost parker have avereged just about 20ppg or +...

If they are in the finals nothing's gonna make them change the way of scoring...even your detroit pistons..

I'm not claiming that the Spurs are gonna be high scorers..but our main three will get their and when they do they win...

mavsfan1000
06-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Billups might get 30 points

Sense
06-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Billups might get 30 points

On a loss

drebly032
06-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Tim and Manu...and almost parker have avereged just about 20ppg or +...

If they are in the finals nothing's gonna make them change the way of scoring...even your detroit pistons..

I'm not claiming that the Spurs are gonna be high scorers..but our main three will get their and when they do they win...

my pistons arent going to change that? So you go from the Suns defense to the Pistons defense and your saying those 2 have no difference

admack
06-07-2005, 08:18 PM
The Pistons have four starters who average close to 20 a game.
No one on the Spurs squad can hang with Rip.
That hoe Bowen will need an IV from chasing Rip around.
Oh and if he decides to cheap shot the masked man in the eye like he did J.J. all he will get is a swollen elbow from a plastic mask and Ben Wallace crap deep in his behind.

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:20 PM
my pistons arent going to change that? So you go from the Suns defense to the Pistons defense and your saying those 2 have no difference

The Spurs have avereged this on the hardest playoff run into the finals....

So no...

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Oh and if he decides to cheap shot the masked man in the eye like he did J.J. all he will get is a swollen elbow from a plastic mask and Ben Wallace crap deep in his behind.

Last time I checked the only one in the 20ppg was hamilton.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Bowen has chased all the top players in the league. Why would Hamilton be any harder than Bryant, Mcgrady, and etc. Spurs defense will not let anyone open and Detroit will get shut down. :king

Experiment2100
06-07-2005, 08:24 PM

As long as he doesn't lay down on the scorers' table, or wears some type of poncho, he will be fine.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-07-2005, 08:27 PM
The Spurs have avereged this on the hardest playoff run into the finals....

So no...

I swear, it gets better in here by the minute. You realize they've played average to shitty defenses in all 3 series right?

Mavfan, T-Mac and Kobe try to break you down off the dribble, not run around multiple screens for mid-range jumpers.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Bowen has chased all the top players in the league. Why would Hamilton be any harder than Bryant, Mcgrady, and etc. Spurs defense will not let anyone open and Detroit will get shut down. :king
Admack, why can't you be like mavsfan? Just because you post here and you don't favor the spurs doesn't mean that trolling around is cool.

Useruser666
06-07-2005, 08:38 PM

Um, Bowen never hit JJ. Joe Johnson was injured in the Mavericks/Suns series on a play with Jerry Stackhouse. Get your facts straight.

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:39 PM
I swear, it gets better in here by the minute. You realize they've played average to shitty defenses in all 3 series right?

Who did Detroit face?

Sixers are a defensive team? Never heard that side from Webber and Iverson..

Pacers without artest, and you still struggled? HAHAHAHAHAHAA.

Miami with an injured starting 5? they never played defense and you also still struggled...

Shut the Fuck Up.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Who did Detroit face?

Sixers are a defensive team? Never heard that side from Webber and Iverson..

Pacers without artest, and you still struggled? HAHAHAHAHAHAA.

Miami with an injured starting 5? they never played defense and you also still struggled...

Shut the Fuck Up.

Why are you bringing up injured and suspended players?

Struggling, eh? Didn't they win the ECF?

I wouldn't know what to do if they struggled against the Spurs and won the title. I bet it wouldn't be as sweet, because maybe they didn't have they toughest road.

YOU=Retard

RobinsontoDuncan
06-07-2005, 09:38 PM
^ they only went to six against a beat to hell pacers team and a completley hobbled heat team

SequSpur
06-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Spurs in 4.

Manu goes for 45.

1Parker1
06-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Spurs in 4.

Manu goes for 45.

WTF?? I think Alvarez may have hacked into Sequ's account. :lol

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Before April 2005:

Tonight showed me that the Spurs can be bullied. They have no fucking plan. The players are barely average without Duncan.

And yes....... This includes All Star Manu Ginobili.

They can't play on the road. They lack chemistry. No one knows who in the hell is playing. No one can hit a shot. Dallas was cakewalking to the bucket the first 3 quarters while Ginobili was getting earspanked.

Ginobili has been exposed. Play his left side, play physical, he's through.

It's been happening ever since he was selected. Go back and check your stats.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11443

The Manu selected for the allstar game has been missing for a few weeks. Can you find him?

Manu again, out of control during crunch time.

Give it up.

Manu is out of control. Dude screwed up at least twice in the last minute. The dude is wreckless. Straight up wreckless.

You can have him.

STFU Tpark.

Manu didn't play like this in the olympics. The dude is playing ME ball. Dude is trying to make the highlight reel instead of playing straight up ball.

He had 2 critical errant drives in the last minute. Dude needs to settle down.

MANU is a hot dog.

June 2005:

Spurs in 4.

Manu goes for 45.

http://img43.echo.cx/img43/2848/draft350ba.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/sprurs-eat-crow1.jpg

:rolleyes

drebly032
06-08-2005, 01:42 AM

Mavfan, T-Mac and Kobe try to break you down off the dribble, not run around multiple screens for mid-range jumpers.

Couldnt have said this better myself

drebly032
06-08-2005, 01:47 AM
^ they only went to six against a beat to hell pacers team and a completley hobbled heat team

Yea and last year they were down 3-2 to an average Nets team and went on to win the NBA finals. Previous games dont mean squat. I just love people that keep bringing up these injuries because they dont have any other excuse. I could score 20 against the suns/mavs/kings/most every other team in the West.

leemajors
06-08-2005, 01:59 AM
i guess ray allen isn't an incredibly good jump shooter who runs off multiple screens for mid as well as long range jumpers.

Extra Stout
06-08-2005, 10:37 AM
i guess ray allen isn't an incredibly good jump shooter who runs off multiple screens for mid as well as long range jumpers.That's what I was about to bring up. Surely Ray Allen is a better catch-and-shoot player off screens than Rip Hamilton is. Allen had a very difficult time getting open on screens and had to rely a lot more on breaking Bowen down off the dribble.

Pistons fans just aren't understanding how good of a perimeter defender Bowen is. He will fight through those screens, and the Spurs will communicate with one another on defense. Now Rip will get free some of the time, but he'll have to be quick in his decisions against the help defense.

Neither are Spurs fans accepting how good of a defender Prince is. Manu is not as quick as Dwyane Wade was, and Prince is going to give Manu a tough time. There won't be any 40-point games out of Manu.

Duncan might get 40 once or twice simply because the Pistons could be willing to concede that in their game plan.