PDA

View Full Version : Underestimate the power of a Champion!

admack
06-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Man you guys being way over there on the west coast must have you blocked on the real goings on in the N.B.A.
Any real fan of the game should know that the Pistons are way better than any stat,(like the teams' record) out there because of one thing, and that is desire.
The heart of a champion lies in every Piston player because they have been there and done that.
How many Spurs starters have rings? 1
You dont get this far on talent alone.
How many bench guys have rings ? 1
I'm not saying this will be a pushover for the Pistons but I dont see the Spurs winning more than a game or two.
Pistons in six for the back 2 back.
================================================== ========
:fro FEAR THE FRO IN SAN ANTONIO :fro

MiNuS
06-07-2005, 07:53 PM
what? One starter has ONE ring?

Please!Horry Alone has one ring for each finger on his right hand!
Tim has two. Tony,Manu,and Bruce have one.

Spurs in 4. STFU!!! BEER TOSSER!

PistonFreak
06-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Yep....They do like the stats down there. That's okay, but once again another group of fans and town will learn what the Pistons bring to the table can't be shown on a ESPN stat table. You can't blame a new batch of fans raised in the ESPN era, but the talking heads are dumber then bricks, they should know better by now. A few t.v. sports people are starting to learn ever so slowly, that you do not underestimate the Pistons by spouting b.s. stats, and that goes even if the Pistons are down a game or two early.

Clandestino
06-07-2005, 07:55 PM
what? One starter has ONE ring?

Please!Horry Alone has one ring for each finger on his right hand!
Tim has two. Tony,Manu,and Bruce have one.

Spurs in 4. STFU!!! BEER TOSSER!

LOL! :lmao

LilMissSPURfect
06-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Man you guys being way over there on the west coast must have you blocked on the real goings on in the N.B.A.
Any real fan of the game should know that the Pistons are way better than any stat,(like the teams' record) out there because of one thing, and that is desire.
The heart of a champion lies in every Piston player because they have been there and done that.
I'm not saying this will be a pushover for the Pistons but I dont see the Spurs winning more than a game or two.

this guy is hitting the crack pipe...he's calling us ignorant...if ya just remove yourself from ben's fro u can "see clearly now! "

xcoriate
06-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Last edited by admack : Today at 10:44 AM. Reason: mispelled word

Haha, that wasn't the only shit you messed up.

Check your facts first.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Yep....They do like the stats down there. That's okay, but once again another group of fans and town will learn what the Pistons bring to the table can't be shown on a ESPN stat table. You can't blame a new batch of fans raised in the ESPN era, but the talking heads are dumber then bricks, they should know better by now. A few t.v. sports people are starting to learn ever so slowly, that you do not underestimate the Pistons by spouting b.s. stats, and that goes even if the Pistons are down a game or two early.
Pistons are a good team but the Spurs are a great team. Spurs are good at everything. They can outscore you or shut you down. Any style works for them.

Solid D
06-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Which champion is being underestimated again?

Experiment2100
06-07-2005, 08:04 PM

Please don't tell me you are serious.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:11 PM

Wow admack, you seem to know your stuff.

BTW, our whole starting line-up has rings, and horry and devin both have rings.

"Fear the fro?" Why? He cannot stop Duncan, no way, and he can't do shit on offense.

It's more like Fear the ginO.

admack
06-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Serious as a heart attack.
I meant that they have rings as in championship experience, not how many.
"Tony,Manu,and Bruce have one."
If these hoes have a ring they stole it.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Please don't tell me you are serious.
:lol I was thinking the same.

Admack, I hope you were high or drunk when you started this thread, otherwise, you should consider a mental institution.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:15 PM

Admack, BTW, the Spurs have been the winningest team for the past 7 years in the 4 major sports categories in this country(basketball,football,baseball,hockey).

mcornelio
06-07-2005, 08:17 PM

how did they steal it? they where starters bud.. jeez u let the pistons win a championship and the get all xperienced on u

Summers
06-07-2005, 08:19 PM
And it's just a little thing, but if you check a map, we're not exactly on the west coast. We're on the third coast. :)

Sense
Spurs have been champions aswell...

You idiots need to realize that.

PistonFreak
Admack, BTW, the Spurs have been the winningest team for the past 7 years in the 4 major sports categories in this country(basketball,football,baseball,hockey).

And what does that have to do with this series?

admack
06-07-2005, 08:21 PM
The Spurs are chumps not champs like the boys in red white & blue.
the colors for the Spurs will be black and blue.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:22 PM
And what does that have to do with this series?
Nothing.

But gee I don't know, WTF does any of what admack said have to do with this series? Exactly.

He said a bunch of false crap about the Spurs, and he should be wearing a helmet, seriously...that guy needs help.

MiNuS
06-07-2005, 08:22 PM

oh,.......... pardon moi!

useless.

Solid D
06-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Should probably be moved to the Weak Takes Forum. Back to the kiddie pool.

Sense

Exactly how old is every piston fan in this forum?

This moron seems to prove immaturity in every one of them.

ALVAREZ6
Please elaborate on your post, how are we chumps?

Bitch, this is the classiest team in the NBA.

Are we the ones chucking beers and chairs at players?

Do we get 10 technicals per game?

No.

Dre_7
06-07-2005, 08:24 PM

Um, last time I checked, Tony, Manu, and Bruce have just as many rings as the rest of the Pistons. Oh yeah Duncan has 2 btw.

Oh and if you wanna talk about heart, look at Tim playing through the playoffs on 2 sprained ankles. When they lost, they took the blame and prepared for the next game, no one ran their mouth talkin about a conspiricy!

Everyone on the Pistons only has one ring, just like the Spurs, cept Timmy and Horry, so you cant look at rings to measure the heart of a team.

But dont worry, the NBA is gonna send some good people out there and there will be a game seven, thats wat the league wants, if yall cant see that, you're crazy!!!

Solid D
Go set a car on fire or something.

MiNuS
And it's just a little thing, but if you check a map, we're not exactly on the west coast. We're on the third coast. :)

True. Gulf Coast.

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Please elaborate on your post, how are we chumps?

Bitch, this is the classiest team in the NBA.

Are we the ones chucking beers and chairs at plaayers?

Do we get 10 technicals per game?

No.

Indeed...this is just one of the many reasons the Spurs is the best franchise in all of sports...

I didn't think the fans were immature...but seeing these morons I can tell why the "mayhem" was started.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2005, 08:25 PM
At least have good reasons in why you think the pistons can beat the spurs. :blah

Boo
06-07-2005, 08:27 PM
admack your hilarious!! How many starters on your team have rings?

Thought so.

Big Pimp_21
06-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Your team has ONE championship in the last 20 something years and you are ranting about championship experience? I'm not taking anything away from the Pistions, but they have WAY less NBA finals experience than SA. Idiots like you are why I stay away from the ESPN boards. You come here and try to flex nuts and make up stats. Come at us when you have something legitimate to post, because right now you just look like a friggin' idiot...GOSH!

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:28 PM
They forget they come from the Eastern Conference often.

Pistons < Spurs
06-07-2005, 08:29 PM

Oh boy.................
:td

TOP-CHERRY
06-07-2005, 08:32 PM
The real goings on in the NBA? OH! You mean we must not know about the Detroit brawl, and how it became the biggest embarrassment to the NBA? Yeah, we do. ;)

Desire? Desire to suck at offense? Got it.

And the Spurs haven't?

The key to winning the championship: being consistant. Sorry to break this to ya, bud.. But the Pistons are the most inconsistant bunch I've ever seen.

MasterYoda
06-07-2005, 08:41 PM

tough series, it will be. but a fool, you are.

lack desire, do the Spurs? i think not. lack experience? no.

agreed, we are. mean shit, stats do not...

but new batch of fans?

stink as well, your shit does...new kid on the block, YOU are.....yep.

LEARNED, THE MEDIA HAS....that's why pick the SPURS, they do. :smokin

admack
06-07-2005, 08:41 PM
ok, here are some reasons why the Pistons will beat the Spurs.
1. Rasheed wallace will negate Tim Duncan.
2. Chauncy Billups will own Tony Parker. If AI couldnt hardly get to the hole on the Pistons what makes you think T.P. will?
3. Tay Prince will have Ginobli looking like that kid Kyle Korver, i.e. he is not quick enought to get around Prince (like Wade) so he will be forced into jacking up quick hurried threes over the top of Tayshaun. Like thats gonna work.
4. The Pistons will have the rebounding edge in each game. Rebounds means more possesions equalling a better chance at winning.
5. The Pistons play extremely well when they are backed into a corner. The Spurs have barely been tested. When the crap hits the fan (no pun intended) the Pistons are experienced in coming out on top.
There are five good reasons, I have more if you like.
:fro FEAR THE FRO IN SAN ANTONIO! :fro

Ball Don't Lie
06-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Your team has ONE championship in the last 20 something years and you are ranting about championship experience? I'm not taking anything away from the Pistions, but they have WAY less NBA finals experience than SA. Idiots like you are why I stay away from the ESPN boards. You come here and try to flex nuts and make up stats. Come at us when you have something legitimate to post, because right now you just look like a friggin' idiot...GOSH!

Funny how you run around calling people idiots when you can't do simple subtraction. In the last 20 years, The Pistons have won 3 championships and have been to the finals 5 times. The Spurs have won 2 championships and have been to the finals 2 times.

Anyway, the only Finals that are really relevant to 2005 are the Pistons' 2004 appearance and the Spurs' 2003 appearance. All the rest had nothing to do with the current group of players - with the exception of Duncan who played in 1999.

So both teams have finals experience. Whooppee.

admack
06-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Oh yeah, the same media morons that picked the spurs this year, picked the Fakers to sweep the Pistons last year so dont hang your hat on that.

Useruser666
06-07-2005, 08:44 PM
2. Chauncy Billups will own Tony Parker. If AI couldnt hardly get to the hole on the Pistons what makes you think T.P. will?
3. Tay Prince will have Ginobli looking like that kid Kyle Korver, i.e. he is not quick enought to get around Prince (like Wade) so he will be forced into jacking up quick hurried threes over the top of Tayshaun. Like thats gonna work.
4. The Pistons will have the rebounding edge in each game. Rebounds means more possesions equalling a better chance at winning.
5. The Pistons play extremely well when they are backed into a corner. The Spurs have barely been tested. When the crap hits the fan (no pun intended) the Pistons are experienced in coming out on top.

Those reasons belong in the bomb threat section of good reasons the Pistons will win.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Yes, both teams have extensive Finals and playoff experience yet Piston fan seems to think only they do. Then again, Piston fan is Piston fan. We understand.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:45 PM
1. LMAO! :lol
2.AI averaged over 30 against you ugly scrubs
3.Manu isn't quick enough for Prince? :lol keep em comin dude
4.sorry, but no. Nazr will grab a bunch of offensive boards.
5.The Spurs HAVE been tested buddy.
6. You better bring out your other "good reasons", I am not convinced yet...

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:45 PM
I would really enjoy it if Kori kicked or banned the trolls who have done nothing but argue with senseless detail...

C'mon Kori when will you realize that these are one of the worst trolls we've gotten?

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 08:46 PM
I gave the Pistons fans a lot of credit here earlier today. They seemed to be a very intelligent group with some substance behind their posts and rants.

But to the thread starter: There's a kiddie pool you can play in somewhere, but if you want to last in this forum, please bring your "A" game.

I suggest you fact check before you post next time. And if you really can't figure out what to say then just :stfu, read and learn.

Thanks.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:47 PM
I would really enjoy it if Kori kicked or banned the trolls who have done nothing but argue with senseless detail...

C'mon Kori when will you realize that these are one of the worst trolls we've gotten?
Man, you have been banned during the first and second series...so there have been worse.

Kori, you should ban them though, I'm about to die from laughter!!! :lol

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 08:47 PM

You guys are the ones who argued with him for two pages. If you don't like it, ignore it and let it fall off the page.

This is YOUR last warning. I'm sick of you policing my forum. One more comment and you are banned.

Thanks.

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:48 PM
I gave the Pistons fans a lot of credit here earlier today. They seemed to be a very intelligent group with some substance behind their posts and rants.

But to the thread starter: There's a kiddie pool you can play in somewhere, but if you want to last in this forum, please bring your "A" game.

I suggest you fact check before you post next time. And if you really can't figure out what to say then just :stfu, read and learn.

Thanks.

Who are you directing this to?

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Did you read where is says "To the thread starter"?

admack
06-07-2005, 08:50 PM
All you hoes can toungue kiss a fart out of the center of my assets because the only thing any of us are doing is speculating, thats why they play the game. But just like I had to do with the Miami fans, I see I'm going to have to come back here in two weeks and say I told you so all over again!

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Did you read where is says "To the thread starter"?

Yeah... I know what you mean but it's not only him...soon after you greeted the earlier ones, I noticed they are behaving the same way.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Did you read the other post direct at you?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH -- go start your own forum if you want to moderate one.

Solid D
06-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Those look more like predictions than reasons, admack, but at least you are improving your substance slightly.

You are overestimating Tay's quickness vs. Ginobili. Nobody can really plan to defend Ginobili a certain way.

This series will be more about exploiting matchups coming off of switches on scree/rolls and about who executes the best, especially down the stretch. The Pistons have been highly inconsistent, and that has to be a concern for Pistons fans from game to game.

Both teams get stops but here are some of the defensive facts to consider:

Spurs Opp. PPG 88.39 Rank 1
Pistons Opp. PPG 89.46 Rank 2

Spurs Opp. FG% .426 Rank 3
Pistons Opp. FG% .430 Rank 5

Spurs Point Diff. +7.80 Rank 1
Pistons Point Diff. +3.86 Rank 6

Spurs Opp. APG 16.89 Rank 1
Pistons Opp. APG 19.73 Rank 4

Spurs Assist Diff. +4.70 Rank 1
Pistons Assist Diff. +2.06 Rank 7

Pistons < Spurs
06-07-2005, 08:54 PM

You do realize that A.I. basically went off on us every game right? And when he wasn't scoring, he was penetrating right past Billups, and then kicking out.........luckily for us, Korver and their other role players couldn't hit jack. But the Spurs have more legitimate shooters sitting outside waiting for the rock. I can easily see Barry going off if TP slashes and dishes. And don't forget about Horry either.

Not that Billups can't create some damage on TP offensively.....I definetly beleive he will.......but quit being such a homer.

MadDog73
06-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Aw, Sense, let them talk their smack. It'll just make beating them that much sweeter.

As for Kori, she runs a great forum. Don't take advantage of it. :D

admack
06-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Sorry Kori for saying something stinky in your forum but to call me an idiot for voicing my opinion got me a little excited.
I promise to keep it real from here out.
BTW this is a nice forum and thanx for having me.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Sorry Kori for saying something stinky in your forum but to call me an idiot for voicing my opinion got me a little excited.
I promise to keep it real from here out.
BTW this is a nice forum and thanx for having me.

I'm calling you an idiot for saying one starter on the Spurs has a ring.

But welcome to the forum, simmer down and have fun.

admack
06-07-2005, 08:59 PM
I said one starter.

admack
06-07-2005, 09:00 PM
I was wrong but still am no Idiot by far.

MadDog73
06-07-2005, 09:00 PM
All you hoes can toungue kiss a fart out of the center of my assets because the only thing any of us are doing is speculating, thats why they play the game. But just like I had to do with the Miami fans, I see I'm going to have to come back here in two weeks and say I told you so all over again!

You've got balls, I'll give you that. You barely squeak by an injured Miami team, and now you are prepared to talk smack against the best team in the NBA, huh?

Well, bring it. Just keep your word to be here after the Spurs win in 6, OK?

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 09:01 PM
I said one starter.
Damn you are slow!

Hey admack...

What is the only type of dog without legs?

A HOT DOG!!!!

:lol Do you get it?
Want me to explain?

admack
06-07-2005, 09:06 PM
"You've got balls, I'll give you that. You barely squeak by an injured Miami team, and now you are prepared to talk smack against the best team in the NBA, huh?

Well, bring it. Just keep your word to be here after the Spurs win in 6, OK?"

I wonder who was injured in game 1 against Miami when the Pistons made them look silly on the Heat's home floor. Did you happen to see the shot of the bench after the game?
I hope you did because thats exactly how the Spurs bench will look after game 1 of the Finals.
Mark my words because I will be back to rub it in later.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry Kori but if the Pistons Fans get a way with shit a simple Spurs fan can't then I think it's plain stupid.

I agree with this part.

I can't stand these trolls anymore, if anyone deserves to be banned, ban the posters without a brain.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 09:31 PM

So...if Spurs fans think that there team can win...then they are ignorant and are going to "learn what the Pistons bring to the table" How about some credit for the Spurs having the second best record in the NBA? Oh and this "new batch of fans" crap? Some of us have been following this team since 1974 so I think we know what's going on. Nice assumption, dick.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Why can't Spurs fans claim that their team is unrecognized for its defensive prowess and team cohesiveness? Oh wait, I know...it's because they are the Spurs and not the Pistons.

Piston fan will need psychiatric assistance once this series is over.

SequSpur
06-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Spurs in 4.

Simple.

Solid D
06-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Okay...I will make an attempt at some Detroit smak...here goes:

At least the only time San Antonio ever had the National Guard in the streets downtown was marching in the Fiesta Parade. :smokin

How'd I do?

http://www.67riots.rutgers.edu/d_index.htm

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Actually, Piston fan smack seems to be more along the lines of "we gots more heart than you and we won last year because we are so great and you aren't." Maybe it's more powerful in person when accompanied by a full plastic cup of Bud Light hitting you in the chest...

Pistons < Spurs
06-07-2005, 10:47 PM
"we gots more heart than you and we won last year because we are so great and you aren't."

Hey.....not fair. I was just gonna say that.

lol

dbreiden83080
06-07-2005, 11:04 PM
4 of the 5 guys in the starting lineup have a ring jackass, Duncan has 2 ,Manu 1, Parker 1, Bowen 1, Horry our best player off the bench has 5. Geez if you are going to talk shit at least get your stats right.