PDA

View Full Version : Tim Abandons the Bank

TacoCabanaFajitas
04-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Why? I've seen him hit those fucking things over Dwight Howard, Al Horford, Amare, Gasol/Bynum and every other Center they've gone against this year. If he isn't even attempting that shot (2 this series?), so don't tell me it's Gasol's length bothering him. Gasol doesn't have to respect his range and since he's old as fuck and get go around anyone anymore he's essentially useless. Back to the bank please.

pjjrfan
04-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Nope Tim didn't abandon the bank shot, the bank shot abanoned him.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2011, 10:04 PM
There once was a man from St. Croix
who made the Suns his toy
he turned 35
lost by 25
and decided to crap out, oh boy

TacoCabanaFajitas
04-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Beautiful...was that Walt Whitman?

TDfan2007
04-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Tendinosis is a bitch...

GSH
04-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Tim's bank shot and Tony's floater are both distant memories. Both helped to suck defenders out. Now everything happens within a couple of feet of the basket, and it takes some of the load off of defenders. It's one of the big reasons why things are so congested. They just don't have to respect anything from those two outside of a few feet.

vednam
04-25-2011, 11:52 PM
he hasn't attempted many shots, period (including bank shots)

4>0rings
04-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Yeah, it's Tims fault. I guess you missed it when he missed those games at the end of the season and we couldn't sniff a win. :lmao

GSH
04-25-2011, 11:58 PM
When he does attempt them, he can't make them to save his ass. If he could still knock down that shot, he wouldn't be facing down two defenders every time he goes to the rim. They are ignoring his pump fakes and waiting for him to make his (inevitible) move.

We know he's getting older. But I've said for two seasons that the bank shot is one of the biggest things missing from his game. With the bad knee, and being a touch slower, he can't afford to be one dimensional. I know some people won't like hearing that. But he's pretty damned predictable these days. It takes a lot of talent and knowledge for him to be as effective as he is. That banker would put a lot back into his game.

DMC
04-26-2011, 12:16 AM
The Spurs have relied so heavily on Tim when Tim is past his prime that it's become detrimental. Tim is still a contributor on both ends, and with another legit big could do serious damage, but Tim is no longer a legit centerpiece regardless of how few minutes he plays in the regular season. It sucks, but it's going to happen to all of them. If Jordan can fall out of the picture for centerpiece, anyone can.

The question is now "what are we going to do about it?"

The Spurs seem (thus far) content to just wither as Tim rides into the sunset and the wheels not only fall off of Tim, but off of this franchise. The Spurs should have gotten legit bigs in 2008, but they kept riding the dogma of bench rest = youth for Tim. It hasn't worked. Other teams in the West have grown to compete with the colluding Lakers, but the Spurs have not. We've become a character of our former selves, entertaining and funny but not the stone cold killers we once were.

It's really up to Holt though. Should he decide to wholesale for a legit big and then take on scrubs to fill the roster or gem shop like they've been doing, they have a shot at being competitive again, but it has to start with defense. It's also a risk that the Spurs will become a 35 win team or worse for several years.

I don't believe Pop ever bought into this season's scheme. They ran it, but Pop never accepted it because he knows at his core that defense wins championships. I am left to believe Pop and the other coaches and GM sat in that 2 week conference and decided a good regular season and roll of the dice in the playoffs was better than struggling to get an 8th seed. I think they came to terms with the strong possibility that they would not make it out of the first round if the matchups weren't right. They know that offensive minded teams don't win rings. That wasn't going to change. It was a compromise. I wonder if they think it worked.

TacoCabanaFajitas
04-27-2011, 10:29 PM
The bank!

SA210
04-27-2011, 11:55 PM
And then no bank in the 2nd half?

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-05-2012, 02:50 PM
bump. Same shit different year. Wtf Tim? At least attempt the shit. He was abusing Utah and LA with it, teams that had comparable size to OKC, I honestly don't understand what is going on

Arcadian
06-05-2012, 04:49 PM
You know, I actually agree - Tim should be utilized on the left wing more than the low post. It has arguably been his greatest weapon throughout his entire career. His shot-fake-drive and drive-fake-bankshot from the left wing are arguably his best moves. Where have they been in this series?

MR-Clutch
06-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Wtf happened to his jumpshots at all? He was money all year with it and now he's going to his post game. We're not playing the brand of basketball that got us 20 wins.

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2012, 06:52 PM
his jumpshot is stillmoney 18ft from the ring

now the corner shots.....lmao dont even wanna go there....

BatManu20
06-05-2012, 07:17 PM
In case you haven't noticed, Tim has about a 7 inch vertical now. So, unless he's wide open for a jump shot, he doesn't really face up and shoot over defenders anymore, unless he's fading away from the rim.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-06-2012, 10:31 AM
In case you haven't noticed, Tim has about a 7 inch vertical now. So, unless he's wide open for a jump shot, he doesn't really face up and shoot over defenders anymore, unless he's fading away from the rim.

He abused Jefferson, Favors, Griffin, Evans, and Martin with it then has been intimidated by Perkins this series