PDA

View Full Version : I realized it was over when...

MANUUU
04-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Antonio Mcdyess throws his mouthpiece. He was the ONLY one who was actually frustratd. he had that fire in him. everyone else didn't bother. they had that "oh welll.." look on their faces. In the playoffs, it's all about that fire in your attitude. how hungry you are. how much you want it.. and it's clear that the spurs didnt want it. i'm one of the biggest spurs fans, but you've got to hand it to memphis, they played vintage spurs defense and were poised. they played like they wanted it. when mcdyess threw his mouthpiece, i was like "ohh fuckk, not a technical!" but that's just what we needed. someone to be the leader and step up and send a message to their own team. that's our problem. we dont have a leader. someone who has balls to actually yell in their teammates face. not to blame them, but to fire them up. let them know we're in the fucking playoffs right now. we have a bunch of pussies besides manu. i know he gave up at the end, but i dont blame him. like someone else said on this forum, when youre surrounded by a bunch of pussies that gave up along time ago, and you're the only one who's trying, along with you being the one with the brace on their arm, there's no point in damaging your body some more. you've done MORE than enough for this team manu. the spurs wouldnt be here without you. i just think he deserves much more. manu is a true champion. he doesnt deserve to be on a team that doesn't care. i can't believe no one else had fire in their eyes like mcdyess did. that's just shocking to me. you're in a MUST WIN game, and getting your ass handed to you, and no one's doing a damn thing about it. i am very proud of mcdyess for throwing his mouthpiece. only one with balls on our team.

TacoCabanaFajitas
04-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Dice throwing the mouthpiece pretty much told me they had lost their composure and were genuinely concerned, the alley oop in the 3rd told me it was over.

I Heart Ginobili
04-25-2011, 10:05 PM
i totally agree

Yogurt210
04-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Simple answer to take over game 5

Manu - Bench
Start Neal.

We have to go back to this.

biskvito
04-25-2011, 10:12 PM
That was so weird, Dice usually so calm and being a veteran almost retired, throwing fists even at the bench.

alchemist
04-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Dice blowing up was definitely foreshadowing.

MANUUU
04-25-2011, 10:20 PM
im the biggest kobe hater, but even last night when the lakers lost, kobe's determination to win showed. his fire and frustration is the will to win. i wish we had someone who at least showed some emotion that they were pissed we were losing. only dice showed that.

mVp
04-25-2011, 10:22 PM
You got it wrong, they were all frustrated, Dice was the one finally exploding, I think that actually made things worse, that's when I knew we were really in some deep shit.

DesignatedT
04-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Brutal to read.

Cane
04-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Imo Dice's body is more banged up than we think. He had a lot of tweaks to his leg as the regular season was closing and that stinger in game 3 looked nasty. There's no doubt he's frustrated at hell at not only that but the dominance of the Grizz frontcourt and the overall disappointing play by the Spurs.

For what its worth Dice has showed this fire and passion before when a member of the Big 3 looked like he got hit by a cheap shot in the reg season.

MANUUU
04-25-2011, 10:26 PM
well im sure they were all frustrated. no one likes to lose. but when you just let it happen, and show no sense of urgency, it shows you dont care.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2011, 10:28 PM
I liked seeing some fire from someone tonight. Props to Dice for that.

Of course, Pop promptly sat him until the game was completely out of hand. Good thing Pop maintained his discipline over the squad...

spurtech09
04-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Antonio Mcdyess throws his mouthpiece. He was the ONLY one who was actually frustratd. he had that fire in him. everyone else didn't bother. they had that "oh welll.." look on their faces. In the playoffs, it's all about that fire in your attitude. how hungry you are. how much you want it.. and it's clear that the spurs didnt want it. i'm one of the biggest spurs fans, but you've got to hand it to memphis, they played vintage spurs defense and were poised. they played like they wanted it. when mcdyess threw his mouthpiece, i was like "ohh fuckk, not a technical!" but that's just what we needed. someone to be the leader and step up and send a message to their own team. that's our problem. we dont have a leader. someone who has balls to actually yell in their teammates face. not to blame them, but to fire them up. let them know we're in the fucking playoffs right now. we have a bunch of pussies besides manu. i know he gave up at the end, but i dont blame him. like someone else said on this forum, when youre surrounded by a bunch of pussies that gave up along time ago, and you're the only one who's trying, along with you being the one with the brace on their arm, there's no point in damaging your body some more. you've done MORE than enough for this team manu. the spurs wouldnt be here without you. i just think he deserves much more. manu is a true champion. he doesnt deserve to be on a team that doesn't care. i can't believe no one else had fire in their eyes like mcdyess did. that's just shocking to me. you're in a MUST WIN game, and getting your ass handed to you, and no one's doing a damn thing about it. i am very proud of mcdyess for throwing his mouthpiece. only one with balls on our team.
he threw the mouthpiece cause he was getting screwed by the refs thats why.....he knew what was going on.....

MANUUU
04-25-2011, 10:30 PM
@spurtech09, true that. the spurs were getting screwed over by the refs the whole game. but i believe it was because memphis were just playing more playoff type of basketball. they were more aggressive, and in most cases, when youre aggressive in a good way, you get calls.

ohmwrecker
04-25-2011, 10:31 PM
I was actually pretty disappointed that Dyess lost his cool like that and spent the rest of the half pouting like a goddamn baby on the bench, tbh.

MANUUU
04-25-2011, 10:32 PM
yeah you may be right, but hey, i was looking for SOME fire out of our former champs today, but all i saw was quitters.

AidanNelson2009
04-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Spurs are finished for this season, they might win game 5 at home, but we are so inconsistent at the moment that i can't see us playing 3 good games in a row, especially with Memphis playing so well. Series will end 4-2 to the Grizzlies. I think in the off-season, Pop needs to go, and the Spurs need a lew look, new players (fresh players). Look at the Bulls, aquired Rose in the draft, now the best player in the NBA and got Boozer in before the season, now they are firing.

realtimmyfan
04-25-2011, 10:34 PM
I realized it was over when the season just started.

MANUUU
04-25-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm actually down to start over. George Hill and Splitter ftw.