PDA

View Full Version : Neal disappeared in the playoffs after all

Juggity
04-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Thought he was the real deal, but his threes just weren't raining the way they did in the regular season, and his defense left something to be desired

It's a shame. Still a good player, but not as effective as any of us had hoped

ElNono
04-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Give them credit, they closed out the 3 point line well... he at least had the balls to take the shots (made 1 in the second half when the game was still within reach), instead of the weak shit RJ hobbled out there...

I have no problem with his aggressiveness... he's just a rook though... expected better? sure. But from the bench, I think he's a bright spot compared to Hill's play, Bonner and Blair...

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2011, 10:35 PM
He's out there with Blair, Bonner, and Hill. So, basically Memphis is having to only worry about him and whoever the fifth player is on the court, and letting the other guys go brick city on us.

timtonymanu
04-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Neal was fine. No one expected Neal to be worth shit at the start of the season anyway. It's players like Blair and Hill who decided to regress from the players they were last season.

Neal at least looked like he tried. Hill was too afraid to be good on the road as always. And Blair's basketball IQ was that of a regular group of people playing 5-on-5 for fun.

Buddy Holly
I don't think he disappeared. He hasn't had the shots to disappear. He's also tried to create his own shot more than most of the roster.

alchemist
Neal is a keeper, this guy has ice in his veins. Rare breed. Grizz are just closing out on the 3's and guarding everyone 1-on-1. No room for those 3's.

mexicanjunior
04-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Neal at least stayed aggressive, shot just didn't fall...would be nice if he stayed under control though, he is the king of the ill-advised 3...

8FOR!3
04-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Gary Neal was trying to make something out of nothing when they had no chance, give the dude a break.

timtonymanu
04-25-2011, 10:39 PM
In fact, I would rather rebuild around Splitter, Neal, and Anderson than Blair and Hill.

NewJerSpur
04-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Hitting a wall, just bad timing imo.....at least he started to loosen up although the game got out of hand. Hopefully the shot comes back in SA and the overpassing ceases. The thing I liked about Game 3 was even when he got run off the line he was giving the "headfake and go", now he's just got to finish on those midrange shots and runners.

slayermin
04-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Neal wasn't the problem.

SouthTexasRancher
04-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Neal is one of only a couple of Spurettes that should be kept. 90% of this girlieboy team should be traded and/or forced into retirement. This team is NOT worthy of being a representative of San Antonio. This team of QUITTERS should be run out of town on a rail. Pitiful excuse for an NBA team. Hell every team in the D League could whip this panzieassed group. A real embarrASSment to the NBA. :ihit

MannyIsGod
04-25-2011, 10:42 PM
I thought Neal was one of the only Spurs to show heart in the fourth tonight.

Obstructed_View
04-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Neal's shown toughness the entire series. Pop should bring him in before Hill.

DMC
04-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Thought he was the real deal, but his threes just weren't raining the way they did in the regular season, and his defense left something to be desired

It's a shame. Still a good player, but not as effective as any of us had hoped

The Spurs disappeared. Neal is a rookie, he shouldn't have to "appear". He's done enough already just doing what he's done.

stealthjbravo
04-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Neal is the only one who showed