PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday night is the last stand

TDfan2007
04-25-2011, 10:48 PM
This is it. No more bullshit minute conservation, no more Blair, very little Bonner. Tim/Tony/Manu need to play at least 38 minutes each.

Our bench has been garbage this series, and that won't change. Fittingly, if the Spurs are going to win game 5 they need 60+ points from the big 3 combined with defense...any defense.

I've been watching this team for 9 years now. I became a Spurs fan right as Tim was hitting his peak. The Tim Duncan out there now is nowhere near that good, but he's good enough to drop 20 and 10 on this Memphis team. The Spurs need to look for him more. Period. Timmy has done too much for this franchise to be a role player on what might be his last NBA game. He's earned our trust, and the team needs to stop treating him like the Lakers treat Andrew Bynum.

I'm sick of the bad passes and sick of the worthless pick and rolls leading to nothing but contested jumpshots/turnovers. I'm sick of watching Matt Bonner, George Hill, Richard Jefferson, and Gary Neal miss practically every shot they take. Most of all though, I'm sick and tired of the lack of focus. If we're going down on Wednesday night, I want to go down with our big 3 leading the way.

If the Spurs lose game 5 with our big 3 logging major minutes and the team focused and dialed in, then you tip your hat to Memphis and start shopping for new fishing poles.

There's a part of me that still believes that this team can win the series. Game 5 is the first step. Let's do this.
:flag:

Harry Callahan
04-25-2011, 10:52 PM
I hope Splitter gets 25 minutes. At least he is rested and interested in competing.

It would not surprise me at all for the Spurs to give a big effort on Wednesday.

The problem is a couple of guys will likely drag the rest of the team down (Bonner and Jefferson especially).