PDA

View Full Version : Realistically, do you see the young Grizz able to close the deal in Game 6? I don't.

John Basedow
04-25-2011, 10:54 PM
They are extremely hit-or-miss in the back court, and you gotta think that if the Spurs are able to jump out to an early lead, doubt will start to creep in.

I don't trust those young guys to hit their shots, imho. If Spurs can establish an early lead, they can prevail and get this back to SA for Game 7. Good luck.

rayray2k8
04-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Bet on Black this wednesday. :tu

mexicanjunior
04-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Yes, they close out in game 6...

rayray2k8
on second thought, don't bet on the spurs since you're 0-1 on them. :lol

Mugen
Did anybody realistically think that the Grizz would be up 3-1 at this point in the series?

crc21209
04-25-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm pretty damn sure the Spurs will win Game 5 and would take a Game 7 at home. The only question is whether they can win Game 6 in Memphis....

mexicanjunior
Did anybody realistically think that the Grizz would be up 3-1 at this point in the series?

Yes...

ElNono
They have a free game Wednesday... they can shoot and see if they luck out... this Spurs team folded under pressure... there's no signs they won't do it again at home...

That said, there's always a chance...

John Basedow

tou-che, salesman :lol

John Basedow
04-25-2011, 11:24 PM
on second thought, don't bet on the spurs since you're 0-1 on them. :lol

:bang

TE
04-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Somewhat agree. This Grizzlies team is young and has yet to face the full-scale adversity that comes with facing a level-headed Spurs team. This Spurs team has yet to play 48 full minutes of good clean basketball.

I believe the Spurs will win game 5. Game 6 is a toss up, but if the Spurs put some, if ANY, pressure on the Grizz then I think this plays more into the Spurs favor.

If the Spurs win game 5 and 6 then the Spurs win the series in 7.

Notice all those "ifs"?

Right now, it's all about the next game, and the next game only.

TDfan2007
04-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Game 6, if it should happen, would be a toss up. Memphis has played almost perfect basketball thus far in this series. They've been incredibly consistent in their execution and aggression. Our guys haven't been able to match either of those things on the road. I don't see that changing in game 6. Maybe if the Spurs POUND the Griz in game 5, that might plant some seeds of doubt/worry. Otherwise, the Spurs are pretty much fucked.

Marcus Bryant
04-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I can buy that for game 5.

The problem is, do you see a team that turned in that performance tonight in a must-win game being able to go on the road and force a game 7? Maybe Memphis chokes when it's winning time. After tonight, they could probably choke and still win.

xellos88330
04-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Hollins is teaching that club the winning attitude. I don't think they will crack mentally and start playing outside of their game plan. I do however want to see more defensive pressure on the Grizz perimeter. Those midrange jumpers of Memphis are uncontested. If they can do that, then I like the Spurs chances.

20beastie45
04-25-2011, 11:39 PM
I like your optimism. I hope for a game seven.

John Basedow
04-25-2011, 11:41 PM
I like your optimism. I hope for a game seven.

It's not optimism for the Spurs, it's pessimism for the Grizz.:lol

Seriously, they'll find a way to fuck this up.

Marcus Bryant
04-25-2011, 11:43 PM
It doesn't mean jack if they can't win game 5.

Win game 5 and the onus is on Memphis to win in game 6. Yes, it's one thing to win as the 'dog, it's another to win when you're expected to, which the Spurs have been on most nights for two fucking decades.

crc21209
04-25-2011, 11:44 PM

You really think that? Because Memphis has been playing out of their fucking minds the entire series so far...

crc21209
04-25-2011, 11:45 PM
It doesn't mean jack if they can't win game 5.

Win game 5 and the onus is on Memphis to win in game 6. Yes, it's one thing to win as the 'dog, it's another to win when you're expected to, which the Spurs have been on most nights for two fucking decades.

Agreed. If the Spurs win Game 5, Memphis' assholes are going to be extra tight in Game 6, which could lead to the Spurs stealing a game, and getting this bitch back home for a Game 7....

timtonymanu
04-25-2011, 11:47 PM
We keep thinking the Grizz will fuck up or be too overconfident at some point. Instead, the Spurs just keep getting less and less motivated.

Spurs COULD make this a 7 game series. It's just the motivation isn't there. When Manu starts giving up, you know there's no hope.

The homer in me is thinking Spurs will force a game 7, but the realist in me is thinking they will be sent fishing Wednesday.

John Basedow
04-25-2011, 11:55 PM
When GSW knocked off the '07 Mavs (who were a better team than the '11 Spurs), they had playoff veterans in important spots (Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson). If the Spurs can get this back to Memphis then you'll have Mike Conley, Sam Young, OJ Mayo, Grievis Vasquez and other playoff rookies handling the ball, trying to close out a back court of Manu and TP. Yes, I like Memphis' front court MUCH better, but they still need to get the ball.

imo Pop should try some full-court presses in Game 6...throw the young guys off their guard and see if you can fluster them into making mistakes.

daslicer
04-25-2011, 11:56 PM

As much as I liked to believe that I think its more of you hoping that the Lakers avoid playing the Thunder. If the spurs lose this series the Thunder pretty much have been given a second round pass. I think they take out the Grizzlies in 5 games while Dallas-LA goes 6-7.

Tinystarz
04-25-2011, 11:57 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll63/hbkfan_2008/shakes_no.gif

ducks
04-25-2011, 11:58 PM
spurs need to own them in first quarter
it would be nice for the spurs to win by 20

Brutalis
04-25-2011, 11:59 PM
We keep thinking the Grizz will fuck up or be too overconfident at some point. Instead, the Spurs just keep getting less and less motivated.

Spurs COULD make this a 7 game series. It's just the motivation isn't there. When Manu starts giving up, you know there's no hope.

The homer in me is thinking Spurs will force a game 7, but the realist in me is thinking they will be sent fishing Wednesday.

Memphis has been playing pretty good since the break.

Budkin
04-26-2011, 12:00 AM
It's too late... the Spurs confidence is shot while the Grizzlies are sky high. Who knows if we'll even win game 5.

NewJerSpur
04-26-2011, 12:04 AM
As well as Memphis has played SA, if you keep giving them the ball for 6 or 7 straight possessions and they convert off of the TO's it would be a lock for them to close out. I've got to believe ball security is going to be stressed not just through the coaches, but by the players themselves on the court after they go back and watch the tape. The TO's even more than the porous defense killed the momentum because the team didn't even give themselves a chance to fight back.

DMC
04-26-2011, 12:05 AM
I do see them closing out the series. The Spurs look like they gave up before the series started after Manu was hurt.

Chomag
04-26-2011, 12:07 AM
I do see them closing out the series. The Spurs look like they gave up before the series started after Manu was hurt.

Yep, unless their attitude changes overnight Spurs are playing like an already defeated team.

Harry Callahan
04-26-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't see them playing with any confidence even at home. They got punked tonight.

NewcastleKEG
04-26-2011, 12:15 AM
These teams have played 4 times and Memphis won 3. At this point they are just better

stealthjbravo
04-26-2011, 12:15 AM

this :(

21_Blessings
04-26-2011, 12:20 AM
The Spurs already quit.

Made it easy for youngins.

Killakobe81
04-26-2011, 12:30 AM
They are extremely hit-or-miss in the back court, and you gotta think that if the Spurs are able to jump out to an early lead, doubt will start to creep in.

I don't trust those young guys to hit their shots, imho. If Spurs can establish an early lead, they can prevail and get this back to SA for Game 7. Good luck.

No wat Spurs get closed out by this young team at home too much pride ...

Game 6 will be critical for Grizz ...

DMC
04-27-2011, 12:13 AM
No wat Spurs get closed out by this young team at home too much pride ...

Game 6 will be critical for Grizz ...

That sounds good and positive and all, but it's a fairy tale. Pride don't do shit for you when you are getting your ass kicked. They will take their pride and sulk for a while after they get beaten again at home and the forum will blame the refs, bonner, pop, everything else. The fact is that the Spurs faced injured or less than ready teams for a good portion of the year, and now that the playoffs are here, the tables have turned. Now the Spurs are injured and less than ready. They don't have a wide error margin to begin with, and Memphis is going to close this one out unless something really different happens with Memphis, because there's nothing SA is going to do differently to win the next game.

Solid D
04-27-2011, 12:38 AM
One game at a time. It's time for Game 5.

ogait
04-27-2011, 04:34 AM
Ye conjectures about game 6 or even 7 are worthless for now. There is a good possibility those games won't happen. Take care of game 5 and let's talk then.

kuato
04-27-2011, 07:04 AM
I do, they want it, they are a solid team.

GrandeDavid
04-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Maybe the Spurs will prompt someone to punch them in the groin and get suspended for Game 6, as happened against Dallas. Problem is, we have nobody nearly as irritating as Bruce Bowen on this team.

easy7
04-27-2011, 07:19 AM
It is a must win game and we know what happened the last time the Spurs had a must win game...

temujin
04-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Bring back from retirement 40 years old Horry and Bowen,
send home the useless Jefferson and Bonner,
and I am still betting on the Spurs.

As it is, none on this Spurs squad can throw a serious foul at these bastards.

The series is over.

rascal
04-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Hollins is teaching that club the winning attitude. I don't think they will crack mentally and start playing outside of their game plan. I do however want to see more defensive pressure on the Grizz perimeter. Those midrange jumpers of Memphis are uncontested. If they can do that, then I like the Spurs chances.

Hollins is the difference maker. He is a winner.

If there was another coach in Memphis then I can see them unraveling and choking but Hollins will keep them on course.

Agloco
04-27-2011, 08:51 AM

Gotta win #5 first. That's hardly a given with the play we've seen of late.