PDA

View Full Version : Twenty Damn Years

Marcus Bryant
04-26-2011, 10:37 AM
So they might lose a playoff series, might be upset.

Spurs fans are fing spoiled.

:wakeup

Fpoonsie
04-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah. I don't know what their fuggin problem is either.

I'd kill to have just ONE of their four.

Just maybe...[crosses fingers]

Marcus Bryant
04-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Twenty-two seasons with only one true shitty rebuilding year. Which produced one of the ten greatest players ever in NBA history.

Anyways,

[/timvp]

GrandeDavid
04-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Dude, I hear ya. As a University of Cincinnati alumnus, I'm thrilled that we just made it to the second round of the NCAAs...and as a Houston Texans fan, I'd be thrilled if they just contended for a playoff spot! Yeah, its all relative. Once the Spurs are in the lottery for a couple of years retooling people will naturally adjust their expectations.

But don't close the door just yet, folks. If the Spurs win resoundingly tomorrow, they steal Game 6...hey, it ain't over!

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2011, 11:00 AM
The players no longer believe, I have a hard time following suit.

If Game 5 is a blowout win for SA, a ray of hope can certainly shine through.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-26-2011, 11:02 AM
The situation hurts now, but I take comfort in knowing I'll be able to shit comfortably on my Mav and Rocket fan friends for some time to come.

FromWayDowntown
04-26-2011, 12:22 PM
4 Championships.

4 NBA Finals.

7 conference finals.

30 playoff series wins.

134 playoff wins.

5 Hall of Famers.

3 MVP awards.

2 Rookies of the Year.

26 All-NBA selections.

30 All-Defense selections.

30 All-Star selections.

20 great years.

Nick Manning
04-26-2011, 12:25 PM
4 Championships.

4 NBA Finals.

7 conference finals.

30 playoff series wins.

134 playoff wins.

5 Hall of Famers.

3 MVP awards.

2 Rookies of the Year.

26 All-NBA selections.

30 All-Star selections.

20 great years.

Those are ridiculous #'s...it's almost unbelievable that there are 2 teams that top those #'s in that same time period.

hater
04-26-2011, 01:47 PM
it's not that they might lose. Is the way they are losing. They are showing no heart and no focus vs a playoff virgin. Including Popovich.

SenorSpur
04-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Let us all recall and celebrate this dynasty run...as we embrace the impending rebuilding. It had to happen sometime.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-26-2011, 01:55 PM
it's not that they might lose. Is the way they are losing. They are showing no heart and no focus vs a playoff virgin. Including Popovich.

What stayed with me and what took the wind out of my sails was seeing that look of desperation and fear in Pop's eyes. He/they better have an attitude adjustment for tomorrow. That fat bitch ain't singin' yet.

George Gervin's Afro
04-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I am proud to be a Spurs fan

hommeaetage
04-26-2011, 02:24 PM
So just because we've been spoiled does that mean we shouldn't want more? I became a fan of this team the same year the Admiral got spanked by the Dream. I've witnessed them at the top of their game just as the painful(bittersweet) season where they got Tim Duncan. I will continue to root for them, but it's frustrating to watch them play as soft as they've been playing theses last seasons. Yes, injuries played a part of it but like any other team they should've dealt with it. I'm grateful for the championship runs but that doesn't mean I shouldn't want more.

I can deal with losing (just like the years they didn't which was due to other factors such as coaching, bad luck, injuries etc) but I refuse to accept a team that is not trying. It's one thing losing to another team better than you; it's a whole different thing losing while not giving any sort of effort. sure, every spurs fan who knows what Spurs basketball is all about knew that gimmick of a roster was a long reach to the championship (see the suns), but a least I would've understood had they've given their maximum effort while failing to reach that goal. You watch guys like RJ, Bonner, Hill on the court you wonder if they're not just happy to be there instead of giving their max effort. This is painful to watch

elbamba
04-26-2011, 03:01 PM
So they might lose a playoff series, might be upset.

Spurs fans are fing spoiled.

:wakeup

I think you are presuming that these are real fans. Spurs fans that have been here since the HemisFair Arena days are upset that they are losing, but only because they have so much emotionally invested in the team. It sucks when they lose, but real fans don't talk about wearing bags on their heads and crap like that.

Fpoonsie
04-26-2011, 03:02 PM
...real fans...but real fans...

:lmao

KaiRMD1
04-26-2011, 03:05 PM
I think the toughest part is seeing an inferior make the Spurs look like crap. But you got a point, twenty years is not bad.

Chomag
04-26-2011, 03:05 PM
I have been a fan since 1990 (was around 13 years old at the time) In my heart I know I'll stick with this team through another bad patch, but that does not make watching the end of this era any less painfull.

crc21209
04-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Twenty-two seasons with only one true shitty rebuilding year. Which produced one of the ten greatest players ever in NBA history.

Anyways,

[/timvp]

:toast

weebo
04-26-2011, 04:10 PM
I love this team. And ya we may be a little spoiled but that's only because the spurs organization has set the bar pretty high. Not only that but the way they are losing. It's like watching a loved one not fight back as they're getting slaughtered.

Muser
04-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Who knows, maybe the Spurs first year of rebuilding might land them the 1st pick again. A man can dream.

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2011, 04:49 PM
gotto love real fans who just registered to this site with under 100 posts, looks like they be leaving tommarow un-registering...lol

senorglory
04-26-2011, 05:36 PM

Anyways,

[/timvp]

even that shitty 96-97 year was entertaining, with Dominque just back in the NBA after a successful stint in Greece.

:flag:

Brutalis
04-26-2011, 06:36 PM
The players no longer believe, I have a hard time following suit.

If Game 5 is a blowout win for SA, a ray of hope can certainly shine through.

Yup.

SequSpur
04-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Wgaf...spurs suck today.

TE
04-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Wgaf...spurs suck today.

:lmao

SA210
04-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Wgaf...spurs suck today.

:lol

Isitjustme?
04-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Wgaf...spurs suck today.

:lol

Trimble87
04-26-2011, 07:41 PM
4 Championships.

4 NBA Finals.

7 conference finals.

30 playoff series wins.

134 playoff wins.

5 Hall of Famers.

3 MVP awards.

2 Rookies of the Year.

26 All-NBA selections.

30 All-Star selections.

20 great years.

5 Hall of Famers? Who are you counting? Tim and David obviously, maybe Manu and maybe Horry (but I don't think either of them are locks.) Elliott won't get in, Tony won't get in. Gervin is in the HoF but he wasn't a part of the last 20 years. I'm not sure how you got 5.

Spurs Brazil
04-26-2011, 07:59 PM
5 Hall of Famers? Who are you counting? Tim and David obviously, maybe Manu and maybe Horry (but I don't think either of them are locks.) Elliott won't get in, Tony won't get in. Gervin is in the HoF but he wasn't a part of the last 20 years. I'm not sure how you got 5.

TD, Robinson, Manu, Tony and Pop