PDA

View Full Version : Great series, Pistons win!!

PistonskillSpurs
06-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Hi Spurs fans. I'm sure you fans are confident, and we are too. We think we have the better matchups. We feel Sheed on TD will not be real bad. We may lose a few points and rebounds on the matchup, but not a whole lot. Tims numbers have been against, well, shall we say, "challenged defenses". This matchup will go to TD, but not in ahuge way. Next, we think we have the Advantage with Tay guarding Ginoblli (spelling?). Tay had some trouble with Wade, but Wade was far smaller and faster than Prince, he shouldn't have even been defending Wade. prince is 6-9 and Wade is like 6-4. Prince usually shuts down guys who are more his size, like 6-7 to 6-10. Ginobli is right ups Prince's alley for defense. Take a look at how Kobe has done against Prince. Not too well. Next, we have Big Ben against Mohamed? Never heard of him. I know one thing, Big Ben will feel like he has been let out of prison after playing Shaq. In this series, Ben will roam free to help on Duncan and even as far out as the paint. Ben has a SUPER will to win. Shaq ran his mouth, but look who went to the finals. Ben may average 17 rebounds on this Muhammed dude. Get ready for some awesome slams and blocks by Ben. He will let loose in this series, count on it. Next, Bowen will have to cover Hamilton, but that is not up his alley. Rip will run him to death. Rip runs for miles and miles. He can run the ENTIRE game, and still not be breathing hard at the end. Now that his calf is healed, he was torching Miami. When he is on, he really can't be stopped. His jumper coming off the screen is so sudden, so quick, it's hard for any defender to get to him in time. Next, we have Billups against Parker? Again, I'll take mr Big shot any day. You'll find out why soon enough. His 3 is like a dagger, and at the most critical times. We lose nothing when Dice comes off the Bench. Our Front line is powerful and athletic. Our guards are big time shot makers, and steady as a rock. We think we give you more matchup problems. We have the type bodies that can play defense on different offensive players, such as Tay. he can play against a gurd, all the way to a power forward with his 7-2 wing span. We have so many options for adjustments.

Good luck, and hope everyone stays healthy. The Pistons have that "never die" attitude, they think like champs. No team seems to be able to push them over the edge.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Didn't read it because it's way too long...

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:06 PM
More stunning insight from Piston fan based on "we gots emotion" and "last year..."

fraga
06-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Anybody got any Cliffs Notes...cause I sure as hell ain't wasting my team reading that sh!t...

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Please, can you Detroit trolls please QUIT STARTING TROLLAHOLIC THREADS???

We get the point already, and what makes you think anyone wants to read a 5 paragraph essay with a detroit fan as the author?

thispego
06-07-2005, 09:10 PM
I'd rather hear Steven A Smith gush about the Lakers

admack
06-07-2005, 09:12 PM
I think the Spurs fans are scared of the truth.
Dont hide from it.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Good post, ignore the other idiots that responded, Al is like 15 and Sparky is a neo-con.

You are right we have been breaking these matchups down a lot, but didn;t you forget how difficult it will be for detroit to score on us?

mavsfan1000
06-07-2005, 09:13 PM
I read it. It is pretty good. Spurs got some matchups they like to. It goes both ways. Mohammad should not play much. Duncan should play center so B. Wallace will have to guard him.

Pistons < Spurs
06-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Next, we have Big Ben against Mohamed? Never heard of him. I know one thing, Big Ben will feel like he has been let out of prison after playing Shaq. In this series, Ben will roam free to help on Duncan and even as far out as the paint. Ben has a SUPER will to win. Shaq ran his mouth, but look who went to the finals. Ben may average 17 rebounds on this Muhammed dude. Get ready for some awesome slams and blocks by Ben. He will let loose in this series, count on it.

First how do you not know who Mohamed is? Besides for maybe our Carlos Arroyo, he was the best mid-season pickup IMO. Yes it will be easier than going against Shaq....and I do partly subscribe to your general expectations of Bens play.......But how the hell can you lay out how great Ben will do when you admittedly don't even know the player guarding him?

SPARKY
Good post, ignore the other idiots that responded, Al is like 15 and Sparky is a neo-con.

What's your excuse? "Neo-con"? :lol Goddam you are as stupid as the shit you post elsewhere in this forum.

fraga
I have a little penis and my penis is little so I can't get girls so I Troll on Forums because my penis is so small...and did I mention I'm hung like a 2 year old...
Now why would you say something like that...

Sense
06-07-2005, 09:18 PM
First how do you not know who Mohamed is? Besides for maybe our Carlos Arroyo, he was the best mid-season pickup IMO. Yes it will be easier than going against Shaq....and I do partly subscribe to your general expectations of Bens play.......But how the hell can you lay out how great Ben will do when you admittedly don't even know the player guarding him?

I have to say you are the only Detroit fan with knowledge of the game I've seen on these forums.

shyne
06-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Mr. Big Shot is not Chauncey, its #5 and that number isnt just on his jersey.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Great post but Spurs in 6

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Pistonskillspurs must be pretty smart, I never knew humans could predict the future.

It's over guys, Great series, Pistons win!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Hi Spurs fans. I'm sure you fans are confident, and we are too. We think we have the better matchups. We feel Sheed on TD will not be real bad. We may lose a few points and rebounds on the matchup, but not a whole lot. Tims numbers have been against, well, shall we say, "challenged defenses". This matchup will go to TD, but not in ahuge way. Next, we think we have the Advantage with Tay guarding Ginoblli (spelling?). Tay had some trouble with Wade, but Wade was far smaller and faster than Prince, he shouldn't have even been defending Wade. prince is 6-9 and Wade is like 6-4. Prince usually shuts down guys who are more his size, like 6-7 to 6-10. Ginobli is right ups Prince's alley for defense. Take a look at how Kobe has done against Prince. Not too well. Next, we have Big Ben against Mohamed? Never heard of him. I know one thing, Big Ben will feel like he has been let out of prison after playing Shaq. In this series, Ben will roam free to help on Duncan and even as far out as the paint. Ben has a SUPER will to win. Shaq ran his mouth, but look who went to the finals. Ben may average 17 rebounds on this Muhammed dude. Get ready for some awesome slams and blocks by Ben. He will let loose in this series, count on it. Next, Bowen will have to cover Hamilton, but that is not up his alley. Rip will run him to death. Rip runs for miles and miles. He can run the ENTIRE game, and still not be breathing hard at the end. Now that his calf is healed, he was torching Miami. When he is on, he really can't be stopped. His jumper coming off the screen is so sudden, so quick, it's hard for any defender to get to him in time. Next, we have Billups against Parker? Again, I'll take mr Big shot any day. You'll find out why soon enough. His 3 is like a dagger, and at the most critical times. We lose nothing when Dice comes off the Bench. Our Front line is powerful and athletic. Our guards are big time shot makers, and steady as a rock. We think we give you more matchup problems. We have the type bodies that can play defense on different offensive players, such as Tay. he can play against a gurd, all the way to a power forward with his 7-2 wing span. We have so many options for adjustments.

Good luck, and hope everyone stays healthy. The Pistons have that "never die" attitude, they think like champs. No team seems to be able to push them over the edge.
I think those are some legitimate points you make there. You're probably the only Pistons fan up in here that stated his opinion and backed it up with info. Don't listen to the homers who have posted on this thread, you make good points, even though I disagree with them.

rr2418
06-07-2005, 09:50 PM
From Pistonskillspurs : " Get ready for some awesome slams and blocks by Ben. He will let loose in this series, count on it. "

That's what seperates the Spurs from the Pistons. The Pistons are too concerned about how "bad" they look blocking shots. How "awesome" they look slamming the ball. But who cares? The Spurs may not have anybody that can "dunk" like Ben, but you know what? A dunk counts 2pts just like any other shot. As long as the Spurs are ahead when time reads 0:00, the Pistons can look "bad" all they want. Just ask any Suns fan about Amare's dunks, how awesome they were, and where is Amare now? At home, playing Xbox! :lmao

PistonskillSpurs
06-07-2005, 09:52 PM

Because I know he's not near the size of Shaq. That's all I need to know.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Because I know he's not near the size of Shaq. That's all I need to know.

Meth kills.

SequSpur
06-07-2005, 09:55 PM
FO.

Cakewalk.

Spurs in Four.

PistonskillSpurs
06-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Didn't read it because it's way too long...

Or you don't know how to read, be honest.

SequSpur
06-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Spurs in Four.

PistonskillSpurs
06-07-2005, 10:07 PM
More stunning insight from Piston fan based on "we gots emotion" and "last year..."

Wow, I hope you are not a typical Spurs fan. You didn't see anything in my post about actual matchups? Hmmm, something is not right with you, dude. If you have nothing intelligent to say, you really should keep quiet. You will appear more intelligent that way. Just trying to help.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:09 PM
If, perhaps, you actually were able to write something coherent and with some semblance of structure, such as the use of paragraphical spacing might I think you are something other than a fucking moron.

PistonskillSpurs
06-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Anybody got any Cliffs Notes...cause I sure as hell ain't wasting my team reading that sh!t...

Could a possible interpretation of your statement be "Well, I read it and I have no way to put forth a rational defense against what he said?

mavsfan1000
06-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Your logon name didn't help with how Spurs fans reacted. They look at that name and think it is just another troll with stupid arguments. They don't like to read.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Ben may average 17 rebounds on this Muhammed dude. Get ready for some awesome slams and blocks by Ben.

Such stunning insights. You should write for your school's paper.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the forum. Your post was a decent take, but I disagree with most all of it.

Tay had some trouble with Wade, but Wade was far smaller and faster than Prince, he shouldn't have even been defending Wade. prince is 6-9 and Wade is like 6-4. Prince usually shuts down guys who are more his size, like 6-7 to 6-10. Ginobli is right ups Prince's alley for defense.

Manu is 6-5, so I think he's closer to the "trouble" size of Wade than the "ideal" size of Prince (going by your logic).

Next, we have Big Ben against Mohamed? Never heard of him. I know one thing, Big Ben will feel like he has been let out of prison after playing Shaq. In this series, Ben will roam free to help on Duncan and even as far out as the paint. Ben has a SUPER will to win. Shaq ran his mouth, but look who went to the finals. Ben may average 17 rebounds on this Muhammed dude.

Don't show yourself uneducated by not knowing who Mohammed is. Did you watch anything but Pistons basketball this year? Did you even watch Pistons basketball because Mohammed played in your conference for a few years? Mohammed is a great position rebounder. Things aren't going to be a cake walk for Ben. By the way, spelling his name wrong in different ways isn't insulting, just dumb.

Next, Bowen will have to cover Hamilton, but that is not up his alley. Rip will run him to death. Rip runs for miles and miles. He can run the ENTIRE game, and still not be breathing hard at the end. Now that his calf is healed, he was torching Miami. When he is on, he really can't be stopped. His jumper coming off the screen is so sudden, so quick, it's hard for any defender to get to him in time

Rip is actually the ideal person for Bowen to cover in the league. Same body style and Bowen will chase him all day. Look at Rip's stats against the Spurs in the regular season and get back to me on how effective he'll be against Bowen. He'll have a good game here and there, but he's not going to go off on Bowen all series long.

Next, we have Billups against Parker? Again, I'll take mr Big shot any day. You'll find out why soon enough. His 3 is like a dagger, and at the most critical times.

Billups is clutch and a good guy to defend Parker. This is really going to be critical for the Spurs that Tony continues to penetrate and use his speed to his advantage.

We lose nothing when Dice comes off the Bench.

You lose only because the Spurs bench is much deeper. Horry, Barry, Udrih, maybe Devin Brown trump McDyess.

Welcome to the forum.

theballaplaya
06-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Damn. You just got served.

PM5K
06-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the forum. Your post was a decent take, but I disagree with most all of it.

Manu is 6-5, so I think he's closer to the "trouble" size of Wade than the "ideal" size of Prince (going by your logic).

Don't show yourself uneducated by not knowing who Mohammed is. Did you watch anything but Pistons basketball this year? Did you even watch Pistons basketball because Mohammed played in your conference for a few years? Mohammed is a great position rebounder. Things aren't going to be a cake walk for Ben. By the way, spelling his name wrong in different ways isn't insulting, just dumb.

Rip is actually the ideal person for Bowen to cover in the league. Same body style and Bowen will chase him all day. Look at Rip's stats against the Spurs in the regular season and get back to me on how effective he'll be against Bowen. He'll have a good game here and there, but he's not going to go off on Bowen all series long.

Billups is clutch and a good guy to defend Parker. This is really going to be critical for the Spurs that Tony continues to penetrate and use his speed to his advantage.

You lose only because the Spurs bench is much deeper. Horry, Barry, Udrih, maybe Devin Brown trump McDyess.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks, I was far too lazy to respond to that but I did feel a decent rebuttle take was necessary.

PistonsNation
06-07-2005, 10:29 PM
We have a lot of good knowledgeable Pistons fans. You'll come to find out that as this series wears on and posters debate from board to board. ;-)

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Based on what we've seen thusfar you guys have a ways to go...

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 10:31 PM
We have a lot of good knowledgeable Pistons fans. You'll come to find out that as this series wears on and posters debate from board to board. ;-)

How long has PistonsNation been up? I've never seen that board until yesterday.

jdelar03
06-07-2005, 10:33 PM
If nothing else I appreciate the stay healthy part of the post. I think this will be a great series and will go at least six games. Who can ask for more than that...but as long as the Spurs go in ready for a war it will be ours to bring home again. Muhammed will be as key as he has been all series and will look forward to facing is ex-eastern conference foe Ben. Let the series begin.

MiNuS
06-07-2005, 10:38 PM
wingspan,wingspan,wingspan,wingspan,wingspan,wings pan,wingspan,wingspan,
wingspan,wingspan,wingspan,wingspan,wingspan,wings pan,wingspan,wingspan.

can the guy fly? STFU,BEER TOSSER!!!!

Pistons < Spurs
06-07-2005, 10:42 PM
:wow :wow :wow

PM5K
06-07-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't think anybody in the league can stop Ginobili so that's out the window. Nobody in this league is fast enough to stop Parker, Timmy is the two time MVP which is saying more than enough, Nazr has been lauded as the best move before the trading deadline and when playing alongside Timmy they present a very formidable combination of rebounding and shot blocking, with Nazr being a particularly good offensive rebounder and a very good position rebounded with a good ammount of size over Ben Wallace, and Bruce has been one of the top defenders for years and Rip WILL NOT tire him out, Bruce will ALWAYS be there, moving, getting a hand up, bumping, blocking out, swiping at the ball, etc....

We also have a very capable bench, with at least a couple of players that could start on other teams, namely our Slovenians...

Shelly
06-07-2005, 11:01 PM

:lol It is kinda hard on the eyes, huh?

GopherSA
06-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Hey, how many Spurs fans are posting on your Pistons boards?

You guys do have the Internet in Michigan, don't you?

Michigan - in case my fellow Texans don't know (I'm a transplant) - is what we in Minnesota referred to as the "Arkansas of the Midwest." Detroit is sort of a larger version of Little Rock with a bit more snow.

gilmor
06-07-2005, 11:37 PM
amare > Ben

Wreck281Shop
06-07-2005, 11:43 PM

Every point he made was based on THIS YEARS Piston team. In every post you keep harping on this 'last years' crap. The bottom line is YOU want what WE won LAST YEAR!

Wreck281Shop
06-07-2005, 11:49 PM

I know who Mohhamad is and he was garbage in New York. Hence the reason Isiah (Ex Piston Championship Guard) dumped him. He is not fast enough or strong enough to hold Ben. He looked okay in the Pheonix series because they don't have anything that resembles a center.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Every point he made was based on THIS YEARS Piston team. In every post you keep harping on this 'last years' crap. The bottom line is YOU want what WE won LAST YEAR!

There you go again...

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 12:18 AM
I know who Mohhamad is and he was garbage in New York. Hence the reason Isiah (Ex Piston Championship Guard) dumped him. He is not fast enough or strong enough to hold Ben. He looked okay in the Pheonix series because they don't have anything that resembles a center.
After Mohammad guarded Stoudemire San Antonio would be worried about Ben.
I think Duncan at Center would make it hard for Big Ben. Big Ben would have to guard Duncan because Horry likes to shoot threes and Big Ben wants to be in position to rebound. Detroit has very little chance of winning this series.
:smokin

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 12:26 AM
After Mohammad guarded Stoudemire San Antonio would be worried about Ben.
I think Duncan at Center would make it hard for Big Ben. Big Ben would have to guard Duncan because Horry likes to shoot threes and Big Ben wants to be in position to rebound. Detroit has very little chance of winning this series.
:smokin

Didn't Stoudemire average a 100 points a game. <smirk> Secondly, I am not as focussed on the big men matchup as I am the guard matchup. Tony Parker has been known to vanish against guards who play strong defense and offense. It has been proven all year long. He has 'good' games against teams with gaurds who don't play defense. Do you remember your playoff series against Pheonix when Marbury was their Point Guard? Pop had to bench Parker that series becuase he was getting torched so bad.

Sense
06-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Didn't Stoudemire average a 100 points a game. <smirk> Secondly, I am not as focussed on the big men matchup as I am the guard matchup. Tony Parker has been known to vanish against guards who play strong defense and offense. It has been proven all year long. He has 'good' games against teams with gaurds who don't play defense. Do you remember your playoff series against Pheonix when Marbury was their Point Guard? Pop had to bench Parker that series becuase he was getting torched so bad.

PHX Still got owned...

in while pistons face philly.... iverson avereged around 30..
and against the heat... shaq and wade got his numbers..(and u still didn't own em)... did i mention whole starters were injured?

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Marbury's a little more athletic than Billups. Parker is a little stronger now also.

Sense
06-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Speed>Strength in these series...

TP's speed might get him the layups, and tear drops he's always done...billups is not known for his speed, I doubt he can content the fastest player with the ball in the nba.
Clearly this is good for the spurs because TP can also get his assits if he gets a double team after he goes by billups..

While billups will try to post up....enough time for the spurs to set up the defense to contend him or help TP.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Speed>Strength in these series...

TP's speed might get him the layups, and tear drops he's always done...billups is not known for his speed, I doubt he can content the fastest player with the ball in the nba.
Clearly this is good for the spurs because TP can also get his assits if he gets a double team after he goes by billups..

While billups will try to post up....enough time for the spurs to set up the defense to contend him or help TP.

We didn't double team Shaq. You are freakin nutts if you think we are going to double team TP. You are equally nutts if you believe he is driving down the middle of the Piston defense for 'tear drop' lay ups. We are going to force him to shoot, because he can't shoot. Also, it is easy to be considered fast with the ball when you are allowed to run free against S. Nash, L. Ridnour and that little f**ker from Denver!

weebo
06-08-2005, 12:45 AM
I can't see why people get caught up on individual match ups. This won't be a game of one on ones. Basketball is a team game where, if everyone executes their roles, the team with the least amount of mistakes wins. Quit trying to complicate things like most analyst do by saying "well, this guy is better than that guy." Titles aren't won on paper.

Sense
06-08-2005, 12:46 AM
We didn't double team Shaq. You are freakin nutts if you think we are going to double team TP. You are equally nutts if you believe he is driving down the middle of the Piston defense for 'tear drop' lay ups. We are going to force him to shoot, because he can't shoot. Also, it is easy to be considered fast with the ball when you are allowed to run free against S. Nash, L. Ridnour and that little f**ker from Denver!

Actually everyone has given TP that.. he's beaten boykins to the basket when tp has the ball...

And yeah TP always gets his teardrops.. you didn't double shaq but he still got his numbers.. you either double Duncan, manu, or TP..

Somewhere in there it's gonna affect you.. one thing I tell you though..

Manu will get his layups... guaranteed.

that's his signature move.

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 12:49 AM
The Wallaces own the paint so don't expect too many layups or tear drops.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Actually everyone has given TP that.. he's beaten boykins to the basket when tp has the ball...

And yeah TP always gets his teardrops.. you didn't double shaq but he still got his numbers.. you either double Duncan, manu, or TP..

Somewhere in there it's gonna affect you.. one thing I tell you though..

Manu will get his layups... guaranteed.

that's his signature move.

Nobody is getting a layup with out getting back up off the floor. Also, nobody is getting a double team. Parker will be getting bumped ALL the way of the court by sevral players.

MI21
06-08-2005, 01:02 AM
I really don't know who is going to win this series, but this feels like the place to put across one point that I want to make.

Playing defense against the Pistons is going to be like playing defense against 13 year olds compared to Phoenix. Did Nash or Stoudamire miss a shot last series?

Of course, then you have the problem of scoring against the Pistons which is like scoring against 10 players compared to what Phoenix threw at the Spurs.

In all honesty I feel more confident that the Spurs can score more effectively against the Pistons compared to how Detroit will have to score against the Spurs.

As for the original post, I can't believe there are Spurs posters saying that was a "good" post. A few contradictions, hard to understand, very little in way of substantial opinions etc. TPark could do much better.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 01:05 AM
I really don't know who is going to win this series, but this feels like the place to put across one point that I want to make.

Playing defense against the Pistons is going to be like playing defense against 13 year olds compared to Phoenix. Did Nash or Stoudamire miss a shot last series?

Of course, then you have the problem of scoring against the Pistons which is like scoring against 10 players compared to what Phoenix threw at the Spurs.

In all honesty I feel more confident that the Spurs can score more effectively against the Pistons compared to how Detroit will have to score against the Spurs.

As for the original post, I can't believe there are Spurs posters saying that was a "good" post. A few contradictions, hard to understand, very little in way of substantial opinions etc. TPark could do much better.

Sense
06-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Nobody is getting a layup with out getting back up off the floor. Also, nobody is getting a double team. Parker will be getting bumped ALL the way of the court by sevral players.

You're eating you words once the series start...for now shut up.

MI21
06-08-2005, 01:07 AM
Pistons fans forget the Spurs have already faced a starting front court of Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby. Two very good defensive players, but also two players that tend to dish out a few rough fouls. The Wallace boys are fantastic defenders but not as rough as the Denver frontline.

If Manu got his layups against those dirty SOB's he will get them against the Wallaces'.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 01:07 AM
A. You only looked like you were scoring effeciently because NO team you played had a defense.

B. 13 year old kids are in middle school so to say that scoring in the Piston will be like scoring on middle school kids shows you true ignorance to the game itself.

C. If my post was riddled with 'contradictions' why did you not point one of them out? I know, because you wanted to say something but ya had nothing to say!

Sense
06-08-2005, 01:08 AM
Pistons fans forget the Spurs have already faced a starting front court of Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby. Two very good defensive players, but also two players that tend to dish out a few rough fouls. The Wallace boys are fantastic defenders but not as rough as the Denver frontline.

If Manu got his layups against those dirty SOB's he will get them against the Wallaces'.

Agreed.

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Denver might be dirtier but the Pistons are better blocking openings. B. Wallace got his fame for blocking shots and dominating the paint. This is gonna be one heck of a series.

Sense
06-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Denver might be dirtier but the Pistons are better blocking openings. B. Wallace got his fame for blocking shots and dominating the paint. This is gonna be one heck of a series.

Marcus Camby is the best blocker in the nba... and you know martin can block.. he makes highlights out of it.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 01:14 AM

Between Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby they missed 30 games this season. Both of them reporting back to duty just in time for the playoffs. They also lack the basketball intelligence as well as ability of Wallace and Wallace.

Sense
06-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Between Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby they missed 30 games this season. Both of them reporting back to duty just in time for the playoffs. They also lack the basketball intelligence as well as ability of Wallace and Wallace.

Lack of basketball intelligence... right...

ability of wallace and wallace... from what I hear marcus and kenyon are better offensive players, and almost the same defensively... due to that the only thing that separates them from the pistons is that they don't have the whole team playing D..

So no difference for me.. in fact Kenyon and Marcus were and will be more dangerous. Pistons will have to be about the backcourt in order to win.

leemajors
06-08-2005, 01:17 AM
this series should be really interesting. the pistons haven't played the spurs with duncan(played 2 mins in the 2nd game) since december.

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Especially Martin. He is undersized and was forced to guard Duncan which was a bad mismatch. Denver gives up alot of points a game unlike Detroit. They might get blocks but aren't clogging the middle like the Wallaces.

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 01:19 AM
Lack of basketball intelligence... right...
ability of wallace and wallace... from what I hear marcus and kenyon are better offensive players, and almost the same defensively... due to that the only thing that separates them from the pistons is that they don't have the whole team playing D..

This is freaking bullshit. Martin is no shutdown defender.

leemajors
06-08-2005, 01:19 AM
camby played very well that whole series. averaged over 3 blocks a game.

MI21
06-08-2005, 01:20 AM
B. 13 year old kids are in middle school so to say that scoring in the Piston will be like scoring on middle school kids shows you true ignorance to the game itself.

I said stopping Detroit would be akin to stopping 13 year olds compared to stopping Phoenix. Reading Comprehension is important you know.

C. If my post was riddled with 'contradictions' why did you not point one of them out? I know, because you wanted to say something but ya had nothing to say!

Here you go...

Tay had some trouble with Wade, but Wade was far smaller and faster than Prince, he shouldn't have even been defending Wade. prince is 6-9 and Wade is like 6-4. Prince usually shuts down guys who are more his size, like 6-7 to 6-10.

followed by..

We have the type bodies that can play defense on different offensive players, such as Tay. he can play against a gurd, all the way to a power forward with his 7-2 wing span.

Ta-Da!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/bycategory?cat=Fielding&sort=38

Marcus Camby - 3.0bpg
Ben Wallace - 2.4bpg
Rasheed Wallace - 1.5bpg
Kenyon Martin - 1.1bpg

4.1bpg for Denver boys, 3.9 for Detroit. Who's better at blocking shots again?

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Again, if you think that stopping the Piston will be like playing middle school kids you are STUPID. As for the rest of that diatribe someone else posted the quotes you listed while I do agree with them. I also noticed again, that you didn't point out how they were contridictions. As for blocks I am far less concerned with blocks as I am real defense. To say that Denver has a real defense is to see why the Lakers dominated you all for so long.

MI21
06-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Again, if you think that stopping the Piston will be like playing middle school kids you are STUPID.

Read the last post, but this time, actually read it. Compared to Phoenix. Do you know what compared means?

I also noticed again, that you didn't point out how they were contridictions.

Read again, simpleton.

As for blocks I am far less concerned with blocks as I am real defense. To say that Denver has a real defense is to see why the Lakers dominated you all for so long.

Good for you. I wasn't posting that towards you, but towards Mav's fan who said that Detroit's big men are superior to Denver's at blocking shots.

Enough arguing with the trolls now, it is boring.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Read the last post, but this time, actually read it. Compared to Phoenix. Do you know what compared means?

Read again, simpleton.

Good for you. I wasn't posting that towards you, but towards Mav's fan who said that Detroit's big men are superior to Denver's at blocking shots.

Enough arguing with the trolls now, it is boring.

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 01:40 AM
If Denver had Rasheed Wallace instead of Kenyon Martin they would be a pretty good defensive team. Wallace is a much better individual defender.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 01:41 AM
I did read you idiot and if you believe that stopping the defending champions is going to be like stoping middle school kids (even if you are comparing it to Pheonix) you are STUPID. The last time I checked Pheonix hadn't won crap and San Antonio was getting DOMINATED by the team we DISMANTLED! Also, troll my nutts!

MI21
06-08-2005, 01:45 AM
Most of the time it is fans of a certain team that make you dislike that team. (see above)

I like Detroit, but after this series regardless of outcome, maybe not.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 01:46 AM
Most of the time it is fans of a certain team that make you dislike that team. (see above)

I like Detroit, but after this series regardless of outcome, maybe not.

Again, that just shows how STUPID you are.

PM5K
06-08-2005, 01:47 AM
I didn't like them after the brawl...

leemajors
06-08-2005, 01:48 AM
san antonio handled the lakers easily twice as many times as the pistons in the last few years. i also think malone would have made a huge impact vs detroit, but who cares about the past? san antonio won the championship the year before the pistons did, so what?

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Looks like pistons fan and spurs fan could have a brawl on here. :lol

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 01:49 AM
I didn't like them after the brawl...

Tell the truth. You quit liking them after they did what the Lakers had been doing to your team for YEARS didn't you?

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 01:50 AM
For years? You know the Spurs won the title in 2003, right?

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 01:52 AM
Looks like pistons fan and spurs fan could have a brawl on here. :lol

Nahh that is a myth. It is not that serious. But anyone with have a brain knows that if you charge into a stand of drinking fans in any sport bad things are going to happen. That could have happened any place, but we will leave them with the brawl to dwell on just like we left Miami with it. It is all they will have left to talk about.

leemajors
06-08-2005, 01:55 AM
somehow i don't think miami was dwelling on the brawl, and the "them" and "they" you so vaguely refer to probably won't be dwelling on it either. unless you are talking about the pacers?

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 02:00 AM
somehow i don't think miami was dwelling on the brawl, and the "them" and "they" you so vaguely refer to probably won't be dwelling on it either. unless you are talking about the pacers?

You would have had to been in the Miami or Detroit chat rooms so unless you were, somehow I don't know how you could know.

silverandblackreign
06-08-2005, 07:44 AM
Ignorance is bliss........

Tres_Till_it_MHz
06-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Next, we have Big Ben against Mohamed? Never heard of him. I know one thing, Big Ben will feel like he has been let out of prison after playing Shaq.

Nazr, mutherfucker! Recognize.

fraga
06-10-2005, 12:04 PM
^^ I believe the term is....You betta recognize...

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 12:10 PM

I'm sorry man, but ever heard of paragraphs? That crap is how an elementary student would write a paper.

SouthernFried
06-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Do you know who Nazr is now?

50 cent
06-10-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm sorry man, but ever heard of paragraphs? That crap is how an elementary student would write a paper.
:lmao

Ever been to Detriot? It has to be the most uneducated shithole of a city I have ever been in. It didn't suprise me one bit when that brawl broke out after seeing the caliber of people that live in that city.

For the record, I didn't read that post either because it looked like a heap of gibberish - learn to hit the enter key every couple of sentences man.

ducks
06-10-2005, 03:21 PM
that paragraph was not that bad
yeah a few spaces would be nice but geez this is just a place to talk about sports not school

Spurs_Fan_Nineteen
06-10-2005, 03:36 PM

I would like to implore you to return the two minutes of my life I wasted reading that biased nonsense. Give 'em BACK!

Sense
06-10-2005, 05:01 PM
They are crying now and praying...

Shhhhh...

mavsfan1000
06-10-2005, 05:33 PM
The Pistons have no answer for Ginobili and they didn't have one for Wade either.

texbound
06-10-2005, 07:46 PM
We feel Sheed on TD will not be real bad. We may lose a few points and rebounds on the matchup, but not a whole lot.

TD = 24 and 17
Sheed = 6 and 8
18 point difference. Next

Next, we think we have the Advantage with Tay guarding Ginoblli (spelling?). Ginobli is right ups Prince's alley for defense.

Tay did a good job of holding Manu to 26 points and 9. Next

Next, we have Big Ben against Mohamed? Never heard of him. In this series, Ben will roam free to help on Duncan and even as far out as the paint. Ben has a SUPER will to win. Ben may average 17 rebounds on this Muhammed dude. Get ready for some awesome slams and blocks by Ben. He will let loose in this series, count on it.

Nazr = 10 and 7
Big Ben = 5 and 7
I'm glad Ben was let loose.

Oh, you meant TD would avg 17 bds this series!!!!

Next, Bowen will have to cover Hamilton, but that is not up his alley. Rip will run him to death. Rip runs for miles and miles. He can run the ENTIRE game, and still not be breathing hard at the end. Now that his calf is healed, he was torching Miami. When he is on, he really can't be stopped. His jumper coming off the screen is so sudden, so quick, it's hard for any defender to get to him in time.

Let's see, Rip was held to 14 points on 7-21 shooting. I can live with that.

Next, we have Billups against Parker? Again, I'll take mr Big shot any day. You'll find out why soon enough. His 3 is like a dagger, and at the most critical times.

Yes, Billups had a very good game against Parker, but Parker held his own.

We lose nothing when Dice comes off the Bench. Our Front line is powerful and athletic.

McDyess = 2 and 7
Well, at least you got one thing right. You lost nothing with McDyess in there. He gave you the same production Sheed and Big ben gave you.

SPARKY
06-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Where'd Piston Fan go?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Where'd Piston Fan go?

We're still hanging around...

5ToolMan
06-11-2005, 03:43 PM
To answer your ignorance, I will quote Barkley. "Isiah is finally making the kind of trades to build a champion ... in San Antonio." :blah

td4mvp21
06-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Mohammad sure doesn't play like garbage in SA. Thats all that matters now. Like Pop said, we wouldn't have gotten this far without his play. He does the dirty work-rebound, throw some elbows, get physical, put in tip ins, etc. He's a valuable player.