PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think it will be imposible???

oski1000
04-26-2011, 03:26 PM
After all, we're just playing with Memphis.........

BELIEVE !!!!:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Spurtacus
04-26-2011, 03:28 PM
You continue to underestimate the Grizzlies.

Chomag
04-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Have you been watching the games? I would normally agree with you but after watching the Spurs body language in this series they just don't have that fire in them to believe otherwise.

nkdlunch
04-26-2011, 03:44 PM
forget about the series. Just concentrate on game 5. Game 5 is very obtainable.

GrandeDavid
04-26-2011, 03:51 PM
I think its highly possible the Spurs win tomorrow, then why the heck couldn't they grind out a Game 6 upset? Then Game 7 is back in San Antonio. If it were Game 5 in Memphis, Game 6 in San Antonio and Game 7 in Memphis, that'd be another story. The Spurs find a way to hammer out Game 5 and make some sort of positive statement then they'll have a puncher's chance.

crc21209
04-26-2011, 03:52 PM
I think its highly possible the Spurs win tomorrow, then why the heck couldn't they grind out a Game 6 upset? Then Game 7 is back in San Antonio. If it were Game 5 in Memphis, Game 6 in San Antonio and Game 7 in Memphis, that'd be another story. The Spurs find a way to hammer out Game 5 and make some sort of positive statement then they'll have a puncher's chance.

Exactly. :tu :toast

xellos88330
04-26-2011, 03:54 PM
The biggest concern that I have right now is that the Spurs are in a funk and haven't shown any signs of coming out of it.

I would feel a lot more confident about coming out of this series on top if the Spurs had the ability to play above the rim.

CubanMustGo
04-26-2011, 04:20 PM
The Spurs have not consistently shown the ability to come back this year once they are down. Freaking game 4 and they quit. Sad, but true.

silverblk mystix
04-26-2011, 05:13 PM
It is not impossible...

But realistically...if you watched the games...the grizzlies have been in control the entire way...even when the spurs played their best 24 minutes in a row...they only led by two.

In a 7 game series ---in the ones that go to 6 and 7 games...it is usually because teams are trading blows, figuring out each others weaknesses, battling, etc...

In a series where one team takes a commanding lead like 3-0 or 3-1...the dominance has already been proven...usually the team that is down...gives a valiant effort only to have the dominating team finish them off whenever they step on the gas again....and their weaker opponents throat.

I would only hope that the spurs would say "fuck it"...and play like warriors and force memphis to earn it all the way...I would hope the spurs anger would result in hard fouls,chippiness, physical defense....and I would pray that they just don't lay down meekly again.

Fabbs
04-26-2011, 06:12 PM
http://www.atozwineworks.com/photo_album/sm/gregg.jpg
He can't match coaching wits with the likes of Lionel Hollins.

suitedkings
04-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Cause the Spurs are getting out-everything'd in this series.

Xolotl
04-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Cause the Spurs are getting out-everything'd in this series.

This.

easy7
04-26-2011, 06:27 PM
For the same reason that you think you won't win when there is a minute left and your team is 20 points behind. You know it is over even if there is a slight chance they can come back, but there is no way they can do in 1 minute what they could not do in 47...just saying.

5in10
04-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Bonner, rj, gh3 = mentally weak.

Hard to win when your bench/rj is scared to shoot the ball. Bonner seems to have a million thoughts racing through his head every time he gets the ball in posistion to shoot. Tp needs less turnover too.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Spurs gotta take each game at a time. For now, I'm focused on Game 5.

kuato
04-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Grizzlies are a good team, good center, good guard, good shooting guard, etc. Spurs is not that kind of team.

ElNono
04-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Not impossible, just very, very unlikely...

Russ
04-26-2011, 07:10 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but I fear that Memphis has "turned the corner" on the Spurs in this series. Once that happens, it's over, regardless of whether it's best of five, best of seven or best of a hundred.

I would be shocked if the Spurs win tommorrow.

But if they do . . . Even the road game 6 in Memphis may be easier for the Spurs to win than tomorrow's game. In fact, if the Spurs win tomorrow, the games just get easier one by one.

Look at it this way, the Spurs only have to win one road game the rest of the playoffs (most likely) to win the title. Not too many teams can say that. Certainly not Memphis or OKC.

But it still looks like Memphis has turned the corner, and it looks like they know it and it looks like the Spurs know it, too.

TDomination
04-26-2011, 07:11 PM
It isn't impossible. We need to win a home game. That is all for right now. Win a home game, we beat them at home already and we can do it again. Just go out there and do it.

Once that is done, impossible turns into possible, then another win makes it probable.

Budkin
04-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Let's see if the Grizzlies can close out a series without feeling the pressure.

Bukefal
04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Not impossible, just very, very unlikely...

This.
Realistically and based on how they performed the last couple of games, I don't think it will happen. They might win tomorrow, but seeing the Spurs winning 3 games in a row, nahh I think thats very unlikely. While the Grizz only need one more win. Im afraid its over. :depressed

Nathan89
04-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Impossible?No. I think we have a solid 15% chance at winning this series. Not nearly enough to be optimistic about.

Manudona
04-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Spurs can do it, it is not the first time they climb back from 1-3, don't you guys remember Dallas 2006?

Oooops
Doh!

This time it will be a different outcome!

SA210
04-26-2011, 08:28 PM
My concern is the coach

widowmaker
04-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Cause this team is the most non-competitive spurs team I have seen in my entire life. Even last years team showed more fight than this one.

Dex
04-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Gotta take it one game at a time. Tomorrow could be the turning point.

If the Spurs come out and lay down, of course it's over.

If the Spurs can come out and get a decent win, they put all the pressure on Memphis for Game 6. Grizzlies do NOT want to find themselves back in San Antonio for a Game 7.

It's a tall order, to be sure...but nobody ever said this was supposed to be easy.

Spursmania
04-26-2011, 08:49 PM
It's just not going to happen. The writing is on the wall. Memphis has all the confidence in the world. Our guys are done for the season-they gave up in game 4 and thus our season went down the tubes.

They may pull off a game 5 based on the crowd and adrenaline alone. But no way they defy the odds and win 3 in a row. I love the Spurs-but get real. :wakeup