PDA

View Full Version : Haslem Seeks Sweep

Ace
04-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Haslem seeks sweep

No Heat player figures to benefit as much from a Heat sweep as power forward Udonis Haslem.

With Haslem practicing but not yet playing as he works his way back from November foot surgery, an idle week for the Heat would afford ample time to test the foot and reintroduce himself to teammates without interfering with game chemistry.

"That would be great," Haslem said of essentially getting a week of playoff camp, with the Heat's next series not to open earlier than next weekend. "It would be real huge, and by that time there should be no misunderstanding, I should know everything I need to know. I should know if I'm ready or not. There won't be any grey area in between, either I'm ready or not."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-042311,0,4357727.story

Lol failed

Ace
04-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Heat forward Udonis Haslem says he's hopeful of returning to the Miami lineup sometime this postseason.

Continuing his comeback following a ruptured foot ligament in November, Haslem went through another full practice with Miami on Tuesday. Haslem says there was less pain and soreness in his foot after the workout than he expected.

Haslem says he feels like his time is coming. He says he doesn't know when, "but I definitely feel like it's coming."

There is still no firm timetable for Haslem's potential return.

Ace
04-28-2011, 01:22 PM
The primary problem for Udonis Haslem has been recovery.

It takes him two days of rest to recover to recover from one day of hard physical work.

That makes today somewhat of a milestone. Haslem was able to follow up full practice participation Tuesday with the full shootaround session Wednesday morning.

So it does appear that he’s getting closer to returning, perhaps for 8 to 10 minutes off the bench.

That return would also give the Heat an emotional boost, if it came in a home game — like say, Game 1 on Sunday against Boston.

“I think the crowd will go crazy,” Dwyane Wade said. “I think it will be of course on that (level) of Alonzo’s not only because of what he’s going to bring but the appreciation of knowing UD worked night after night, day after day, to make sure that he could be back and prepared for this team.”

ChrisRichards
04-28-2011, 01:30 PM
We need Udonis to beat OKC in the Finals. We need someone to counter act Ibaka's presence down low.

mavsfan1000
04-28-2011, 02:29 PM
We need Udonis to beat OKC in the Finals. We need someone to counter act Ibaka's presence down low.
He will be too small for Pau Gasol though.