PDA

View Full Version : Spurs heighten security for NBA Finals

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Spurs heighten security for NBA Finals

http://sanantonio.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2005/06/06/daily17.html

W. Scott Bailey

The 2005 NBA Finals tip off Thursday, June 9, in San Antonio.

And officials with the San Antonio Spurs and SBC Center are taking no chances with regard to arena security.

Officials with the two-time NBA champion Spurs say security personnel at SBC Center will oversee a number of special procedures for each Finals game set in San Antonio.

They will include:

* Screening of all ticketholders with security wands.

* A ban on all knives (including pocket knives and leather-working tools), guns, aerosol cans or other potential weapons.

* A ban on all backpacks, large bags, or sealed packages of any kind. Spurs officials do say small handbags, purses or diaper bags will be allowed into the facility, but are subject to inspection prior to entering the facility.

In addition, large cameras with detachable lenses will not be permitted. And all cell phones, pagers, cameras or other similar electronic devices will be subject to testing and inspection prior to entering the facility.

Officials are suggesting that fans not bring unnecessary items -- including cell phones and pagers. To minimize any inconvenience and reduce long lines at game time, fans are encouraged to arrive at SBC Center early. Gates will open two hours before tip off.

SequSpur
06-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Hopefully, they won't let Piston hacks have cups to throw either.

boutons
06-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Americans are their own worst enemy.

1Parker1
06-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Damn, I think they found out Angel_Luv and Rashofan's secret plan to hide out in the Spurs locker room and pounce on Rasho during half-time.

Seriously though, Spurs better be careful when they play in Detroit. I remember in Round 1, some fans threw quarters at Iverson. :rolleyes

spurschick
06-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Seriously though, Spurs better be careful when they play in Detroit. I remember in Round 1, some fans threw quarters at Iverson. :rolleyes

I think that Pistons fans have more respect for the Spurs.

NZHayden
06-07-2005, 10:19 PM
[B]
* A ban on all knives (including pocket knives and leather-working tools), guns, aerosol cans or other potential weapons.

did u used to be allowed to take guns and knives to the games?

theballaplaya
06-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Can my momma wear a headband up in this mofo?

Clandestino
06-07-2005, 10:20 PM

pocketknives are common in sa...

1Parker1
06-07-2005, 10:20 PM

:lol

milkyway21
06-08-2005, 12:08 AM
i hope not because Big Ben & the Pistons are already in town:lol.

LilMissSPURfect
06-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Hopefully, they won't let Piston hacks have cups to throw either.

:spin

Obi wan Ginobili
06-08-2005, 01:16 AM
I think that Pistons fans have more respect for the Spurs.

They won't once we beat the shit out of them in Game 3 on their home floor and go up 3-0